PDA

View Full Version : The Untold Story of The Movie "Every Holywood Studio Rejected"

MikeandRaph87
04-02-2015, 11:01 AM
Pretty cool write up about the behind-the-scenes development of the 1990 film. Thought I would share it here for you all to read.
https://www.yahoo.com/movies/s/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-untold-story-movie-every-130113691.html

Sabacooza
04-02-2015, 11:29 AM
This is really awesome. Makes me wish this was a behind the scenes video to a deluxe edition Blu-ray with lots of never before seen images and video. Someone needs to make that happen.

massakre
04-02-2015, 12:57 PM
it never gets old reading about the SAGA that they endured to make that first movie hit the big screen.. awesome article!

marcelangelo
04-02-2015, 02:04 PM
thank you for sharing this article with us.it is a beautiful read!!O watched the first film just a week ago and fell in love with it again for the thousandst time:)

Commenter 42
04-02-2015, 03:56 PM
Thanks. nice read!

oldmanwinters
04-02-2015, 11:01 PM
That was a fine write-up and surprisingly insightful even if I have heard most of the details before in various other interviews.

Yahoo! needs to link to more stuff like this and less to the click-bait sites.

Bmaga123
04-02-2015, 11:10 PM
Love this thx for posting it!

DarkFell
04-02-2015, 11:26 PM
Thanks for posting this article. It's very interesting to hear multiple opinions and ideas from the people involved, along with the other tidbits that remained unknown for all of those years.

Bry
04-04-2015, 08:40 AM
Thanks so much for sharing. What a great article - covered a lot of stuff I knew, but a bunch I didn't. It's still really amazing how that movie got made (and that it turned out so well). There was a so much genuine care and passion and struggle to get it made and get it made right, and it still shows. And it's really nice to see that getting some attention from a major website/publication like THR 25 years later.

Mew
04-04-2015, 09:02 AM
That was a great read.
>_<

#MechaFresh
04-05-2015, 10:53 PM
Thanks for the share as well, it was good to finally hear Brian Tochi's thoughts on the movie. I must say that was an interesting tidbit btw, from Lief Tilden about Corey Feldman dissing him at the premiere, wouldn't have expected that from Corey but then again he was going through a personal struggle with those so-called supplements of his during that time.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
04-07-2015, 03:33 PM
I would love to know the thoughts of Laird and Eastman on the 1990 film, both as a retrospective and as what they thought at the time and during the process...

MikeandRaph87
04-07-2015, 09:20 PM
I would love to know the thoughts of Laird and Eastman on the 1990 film, both as a retrospective and as what they thought at the time and during the process...

You can ask Peter directly through this link, he is pretty good communicating with fans through BlogSpot account. As for Kevin, asking him in person at conventions is the best way I know of. Its doubtful writing in to IDW would get to Kevin and he would answer but its worth a shot if you REALLY wanted to have him answer it.
http://peterlairdstmntblog.blogspot.com/

Xav
04-07-2015, 09:44 PM
I would love to know the thoughts of Laird and Eastman on the 1990 film, both as a retrospective and as what they thought at the time and during the process...Well Kevin said it was his favorite version in the article, Peter said it was one of his favorites on his blog.

BubblyShell22
04-08-2015, 04:20 PM
Awesome article. They definitely went through a lot to get the film made, and that's awesome that it was done. Great introspective about the film.