PDA

View Full Version : Would you like to see Rocksteady Games work on a TMNT game next?

LeotheLateBloomer
04-02-2015, 11:20 AM
Being a huge fan of the Arkham games (sans Origins), I've always wanted to see them try and tackle a TMNT game in this style.

Would you guys like to see it happen?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
04-02-2015, 11:39 AM
Being a huge fan of the Arkham games (sans Origins), I've always wanted to see them try and tackle a TMNT game in this style.

Would you guys like to see it happen?

Depends on what version of the TMNT they're leveraging...

2003, IDW, or Mirage? Absolutely.

Fred Wolf or 2014? No way.

Nick? Only if they made the Turtles less middle-school...

LeotheLateBloomer
04-02-2015, 02:01 PM
I was thinking more along the lines of either Mirage or IDW but using the 2k3 voices actors for the turtles. Just like the Arkham games were based on the comics but utilized 2-3 voice actors from the DCAU.

The-Shredder
04-02-2015, 02:10 PM
The Arkham games are bit too gritty and stealthy for my tastes to act as a template for TMNT games. Also, I feel that the Freeflow combat system wouldn't work if the action is going to be composed of fast paced martial arts. I'm not really a fan of the combat system either, because in my opinion there are too many interruptions and slowdowns.

Powder
04-02-2015, 02:26 PM
...But the TMNT fundamentally are stealthy & gritty.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
04-02-2015, 02:30 PM

Exactly! Do not be fooled by the Platinum Dunes steroid-users!!!

Leo656
04-02-2015, 03:00 PM
Never happen, but sure, that'd be good.

The only TMNT games we're ever going to get are going to essentially be "rip-offs" of other series, at best, so the two best I could think of "borrowing" from would be the Arkham games, and the Metal Gear Solid games. Either of those would be fine.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
04-02-2015, 03:01 PM
Never happen, but sure, that'd be good.

The only TMNT games we're ever going to get are going to essentially be "rip-offs" of other series, at best, so the two best I could think of "borrowing" from would be the Arkham games, and the Metal Gear Solid games. Either of those would be fine.

Equally as unlikely, too, amiright? :twink:

Leo656
04-02-2015, 03:20 PM
Yeah, just makes too much sense and would take too much work.

I'm "fine" with button-masher beat-em-ups, but knowing with 99% certainty that's all we'll ever get from a TMNT game is a little disheartening.

Candy Kappa
04-02-2015, 04:01 PM
Why not, that's what Red Fly Studios tried to mimic. Someone a bit more competent taking over future OotS games would have been pretty nice.

MikeandRaph87
04-02-2015, 04:13 PM
A better question is,who would not want it? For me personally, I would love a more mature 1987 cartoon take on a game especially by the fittingly named Rocksteady.

The-Shredder
04-02-2015, 05:01 PM

Exactly! Do not be fooled by the Platinum Dunes steroid-users!!!

What I meant to say was that TMNT is not Batman and I don't want it to be. Maybe I'm just used to the beat 'em up games from before. Yes, they are ninjas, so obviously they should be stealthy, but I don't think I would enjoy that for large portions of the game.

Leo656
04-02-2015, 05:08 PM
What I meant to say was that TMNT is not Batman and I don't want it to be. Maybe I'm just used to the beat 'em up games from before. Yes, they are ninjas, so obviously they should be stealthy, but I don't think I would enjoy that for large portions of the game.

I think both the Arkham and MGS games would be just about the right balance of action/stealth, truthfully. I think as long as you're not slogging through long, boring sections where you do nothing BUT crawl in vents, it's easy enough to have both.

CyberCubed
04-08-2015, 03:41 PM
The IDW universe would fit in perfectly since its darker but has all the characters of the cartoons in it.

Turtle_power_eh?
04-09-2015, 01:26 PM
OoTS is a good starting point for a developer to make such a game...would have been nice had Activision put some money, time and a better studio behind that title. It had potential to be good, but I guess they would instead rather crank out as many side scroller rehashes based on the Nick show as possible. :tcry:

Leo656
04-09-2015, 05:30 PM
It IS pretty good, it's just "less good" than it could have been if it did indeed have all those resources behind it. But it's good.

Either way, in all likelihood it's the best modern TMNT game we're ever going to see, so, I'm not saying "just take whatever," but I am saying, it's not bad at all and it might be better to appreciate it for what it is rather than mourn it for what it was never going to be, and be thankful it was even as good as it is.

TMNT is never going to get a blockbuster game. That's the reality of it. It's a kid's franchise; kids' games are by definition of mediocre-to-terrible quality. Even the best TMNT game by most people's standards, "Turtles In Time", can be ripped through in about 20 minutes by ferociously spamming the attack button, even on the highest difficulty. That's considered the "gold standard" in TMNT games, and really, other than being TMNT, objectively it's not super-special.

So yeah, I have a little more appreciation for OotS than some. Because it's really pretty decent, and it's as good as we're ever going to get. I'd rather enjoy it than cry about it not being better, that's just impossible. It was never going to be any "better" than the game we got, other than a sequel that's 99% the same and slightly less buggy. Oh well.

Cure
04-09-2015, 07:05 PM
Nah, I wouldn't be into it. The Arkham games are OK but they could be better.

Turtle_power_eh?
04-10-2015, 12:13 PM
It IS pretty good, it's just "less good" than it could have been if it did indeed have all those resources behind it. But it's good.

Either way, in all likelihood it's the best modern TMNT game we're ever going to see, so, I'm not saying "just take whatever," but I am saying, it's not bad at all and it might be better to appreciate it for what it is rather than mourn it for what it was never going to be, and be thankful it was even as good as it is.

TMNT is never going to get a blockbuster game. That's the reality of it. It's a kid's franchise; kids' games are by definition of mediocre-to-terrible quality. Even the best TMNT game by most people's standards, "Turtles In Time", can be ripped through in about 20 minutes by ferociously spamming the attack button, even on the highest difficulty. That's considered the "gold standard" in TMNT games, and really, other than being TMNT, objectively it's not super-special.

So yeah, I have a little more appreciation for OotS than some. Because it's really pretty decent, and it's as good as we're ever going to get. I'd rather enjoy it than cry about it not being better, that's just impossible. It was never going to be any "better" than the game we got, other than a sequel that's 99% the same and slightly less buggy. Oh well.

I absolutely agree with you. I didn't hate OoTS at all. I had fun playing it, ****...I even bought it a 2nd time when it finally hit PS3 just to play with some buddies who weren't 360 users.

I can live with some of the glitchyness, I just wish it had more polish because for the most part it is a pretty ugly game considering the hardware it was made for. The cut scenes were lazy, and would have benefited from actual 3D character models and motion but you cant expect too much for a DL title.

Not sure if I'm in the minority but I actually liked the way the turtles looked, and was sincerely hoping they would use those likenesses in the newest movie...but yeah, that didn't happen. :tsad:

Candy Kappa
04-10-2015, 12:27 PM
OotS was great in every respect besides the wonky gameplay, bugs and subpar comic panels for cutscenes when the Turtle models are rigged to be lip-synced, since they actually lip-synced the banter the Turtles do in-game. And no local 4 player storymode, which sucks.

Love the visual style and designs in that game.

Turtle_power_eh?
04-10-2015, 12:55 PM
OotS was great in every respect besides the wonky gameplay, bugs and subpar comic panels for cutscenes when the Turtle models are rigged to be lip-synced, since they actually lip-synced the banter the Turtles do in-game. And no local 4 player storymode, which sucks.

Love the visual style and designs in that game.

I also loved the character models. I just wish the environments and characters were better polished.

Gameplay makes a game, and with so many glitches and bugs the game seemed broken at times. I never hit a critical glitch that prevented me from advancing but it was annoying none the less. Had the game been tested half as much as a descent disk based title OoTS could have been much more memorable.

Candy Kappa
04-10-2015, 12:59 PM
I had a few game breaking glitches, both on PC and on the 360, mostly on the PC version.

Turtle_power_eh?
04-10-2015, 01:12 PM
I had a few game breaking glitches, both on PC and on the 360, mostly on the PC version.

I've heard many have, but personally I never hit any and I played through it a few times as I maxed out Mikey, Leo and Don on the 360.

Not sure what the hold up was with the PS3 version? They kept addressing that they wanted to fix the game and make if the best version possible...I personally can't tell the difference between the 2 console versions. They seem equally flawed. :tconfuse:

Leo656
04-10-2015, 09:02 PM
What bothers me is how random and inconsistent those glitches are. Some people had a smooth experience, others could barely play the game.

My own experience was 99% smooth and I'm really sorry more people weren't so lucky.

Turtle_power_eh?
04-13-2015, 08:45 AM
Its true. I know people who never even finished the game due to game breaking glitches or just getting irritated by random hick ups. I guess I will count myself amongst the lucky ones...or patient ones in some cases.

I've run into several minor problems like random floating AI team mates, but usually a quick swap to that character fixed the problem. Also I was at my buddies a few weeks back playing local co-op and seriously attempted that mouser chase section 20+ times and we would constantly die even while on a flawless run...I swear when we actually passed the stage It was on a sloppy run we had no business getting to the tunnel on.

My biggest piss off was joining games online, I don't think I ever joined a random game that wasn't infested with 7 year olds constantly screaming into their head sets and just completely sucking at the game.

Candy Kappa
04-13-2015, 10:11 AM
I had a Mouser run on the PC where I fell through the floor, somehow got back up. And then the Mouser horde had passed me, and was waiting for me at the finish line to kill me :lol:

Leo656
04-13-2015, 09:44 PM
I often wonder if playing online was a contributing factor to the glitches. because I never played online or co-op or anything, and it seems a lot of people saw most of their problems while playing online.

Which sucks, but at least if that's a factor, it's a problem I'll never have to deal with. Still sucks though.

Turtle_power_eh?
04-14-2015, 10:44 AM
@Candy Kappa - that is probably the most random and fascinating glitch I've heard about in awhile. Would be sweet if you had video of that. :tlol:

@Leo656 - I didn't play much online at all. Most of my play through was done single player, I did run into quite a few displeasing glitches but nothing game breaking. I never had any major problems the few times I did play online...outside of never joining a match where my team mates probably didn't wet their beds twice a week. Would have loved to play with some people who had mastered the combat system instead of carrying the load myself, and watching my "brothers" die all around me on the regular.

Prowler
04-14-2015, 11:06 AM

I like Turtles in Time and all but it's overrated. Many people consider it a top 5 beat'em up game. I mean it's pretty good and all but let's not get over ourselves. It's pretty repetitive with 99% of the enemies being rainbow colored foot soldiers.

The first NES TMNT game was kind of a blockbuster. Sure it was crappy, but it sold 4M units all over the world. 6th highest selling NES game right after the Marios and Zeldas. Pretty much everyone who had an NES has suffered through that game at some point.

shuriken
04-15-2015, 03:31 PM
I like Turtles in Time and all but it's overrated. Many people consider it a top 5 beat'em up game. I mean it's pretty good and all but let's not get over ourselves. It's pretty repetitive with 99% of the enemies being rainbow colored foot soldiers.

The first NES TMNT game was kind of a blockbuster. Sure it was crappy, but it sold 4M units all over the world. 6th highest selling NES game right after the Marios and Zeldas. Pretty much everyone who had an NES has suffered through that game at some point.

It wasn't crappy just really really hard. The jumping mechanics are pretty tight and the random enemies were trippy and weird but it is pretty fun and different. It gets way too much hate. I'd love to play an updated version of that game in the IDW-verse or 2K3-verse

neatoman
04-20-2015, 07:00 AM
Nah, but Lab Zero would be nice.

Tora
04-20-2015, 04:01 PM
I would love for them to do one but if they can't id love to see a 3D fighter with a variety of the TMNT characters that we have had over the years.

Prowler
04-20-2015, 11:17 PM
It wasn't crappy just really really hard. The jumping mechanics are pretty tight and the random enemies were trippy and weird but it is pretty fun and different. It gets way too much hate. I'd love to play an updated version of that game in the IDW-verse or 2K3-verse
The controls were poor, especially the jumping, and Donatello was pretty much the only good Turtle in the game. Raphael and Michelangelo sucked to their weapons' short range. Those two aspects ruined the game.

LeotheLateBloomer
05-25-2015, 10:43 AM
What are the chances of Viacom making a deal with WB Games (the owner of Rocksteady) to develop a TMNT game?