PDA

View Full Version : Remember when Mikey killed a Triceraton?

neatoman
04-04-2015, 04:39 AM
No really, he totally did. Space Invaders part 2, he blew one up with a grenade.

Makes one wonder how many sentient creatures actually died on this show...

Krutch
04-04-2015, 05:31 AM
Well, 'dems da berries' as they say :lol:

snake
04-04-2015, 08:48 AM
Mikey always tries to kill sh*t in space. In IDW he came close to killing a rock solider.

TheSkeletonMan939
04-04-2015, 08:58 AM
The thing about cartoons like these is that with one hit an enemy is knocked out, rather than just injured or having a broken bone. So it's kind of hard to tell how many people "died" in this show or just got knocked out or whatever.

There aren't many TV shows I've seen where the heroes have to actually fight hard against these bad guys in order to beat them, but considering you only have twenty minutes to tell your story that'd slow things down considerably.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
04-04-2015, 09:44 AM
Remember when he wanted to kill the entire Styracodon race? Willing genocide alongside the Triceraton Empire?

Yeah... so in character. :trolleye:

Shark_Blade
04-04-2015, 10:09 AM
Yeah, good times.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
04-04-2015, 10:13 AM
Can we change the title of this thread to:

"Remember When Mikey was a Psychopath?" :twink:

Candy Kappa
04-04-2015, 01:40 PM
Remember when he wanted to kill the entire Styracodon race? Willing genocide alongside the Triceraton Empire?

Well... Makes sense with the way he was treated by them.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
04-04-2015, 02:12 PM
Well... Makes sense with the way he was treated by them.

I wouldn't agree with you. Mikey has always seen the best in everyone, and has always had the most heart. I'm not saying he'd forgive them, but there's no way he would endorse genocide, much less want to willingly lend a hand in it.

Leo656
04-04-2015, 03:34 PM
Mikey always tries to kill sh*t in space. In IDW he came close to killing a rock solider.

So, basically, Outer Space is to Mikey what Mexico is to the rest of us: Kind of like "God's Blind Spot", where you can do anything you want with absolutely zero consequences. :lol: Neat.

Prowler
04-04-2015, 05:00 PM
So, basically, Outer Space is to Mikey what Mexico is to the rest of us: Kind of like "God's Blind Spot", where you can do anything you want with absolutely zero consequences. :lol: Neat.
If I was transported to a different planet I wouldn't worry much either. It's unlikely that they'd come down to Earth and find me.

Jester
04-04-2015, 05:03 PM
http://ib2.huluim.com/video/4960553?region=US&size=600x400
That was awesome....

ImmaAxolotl
04-06-2015, 08:26 AM
I have enjoyed this immensely. I freaking love you guys.

Cryomancer
04-06-2015, 12:26 PM

He was at least somewhat under the impression that he was used for sex and then had his children taken away. Which as far as he knew, would be the only time any of the turtles would ever have actual kids.

A proper Mirage ending for that concept would probably be him finding out they weren't his, but everyone else is dead, so he adopts them anyway.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
04-06-2015, 12:41 PM
He was at least somewhat under the impression that he was used for sex and then had his children taken away. Which as far as he knew, would be the only time any of the turtles would ever have actual kids.

A proper Mirage ending for that concept would probably be him finding out they weren't his, but everyone else is dead, so he adopts them anyway.

Payback against the Regenta and genocide against her species are two very VERY different things. One is totally out of character for Michelangelo.

Hell, it'd probably be out of character for Raphael!

I do like the ending idea though...

Cryomancer
04-06-2015, 08:51 PM
Well it's not like he decided on the genocide himself, he just kinda...enlisted to help with it? Not that it makes it a much sounder decision. I guess he's supposed to see it as the only way he'll ever be able to confront her about it.

Cipher
04-06-2015, 09:50 PM
That plot thread was barely an infant when we got the last Volume 4 content before its indefinite hiatus. We have no idea to what ends Mike was participating, what his rationale was, or how "genocidal" the Triceratons were actually planning on being. Laird's not a violence-for-violences' sake creator; I'm sure there were aspects yet to be revealed.

We do know they were cavalier about taking some innocent lives when they freed Michelangelo, which he didn't put up too much of a fuss about, but he'd just been taken out of a POW (minus the "W") camp and was in no position to fuss or even really take in what was happening.

Re: thread: The 4Kids Turtles totally knock some Triceratons out into the cold of space in "Milk Run." RIP. This show actually rarely went out of its way to confirm that grunt bad-guys were all right (and deaths of non-human characters seemed to be straight-up okay). Unlike other "no-kill" versions, the 4Kids Turtles seem to have no compunctions about it in life-or-death situations and actually try for it on several occasions (against Ch'rell, Bishop, Stockman, probably others I'm forgetting).

So, yeah, Mike probably killed a Triceraton.

Shark_Blade
04-06-2015, 10:30 PM
One dinosaur killed by Mikey, that's nothing really. The dinosaurs are extinct anyway, just relax.

ImmaAxolotl
04-07-2015, 03:04 PM
Re: thread: The 4Kids Turtles totally knock some Triceratons out into the cold of space in "Milk Run." RIP. This show actually rarely went out of its way to confirm that grunt bad-guys were all right (and deaths of non-human characters seemed to be straight-up okay). Unlike other "no-kill" versions, the 4Kids Turtles seem to have no compunctions about it in life-or-death situations and actually try for it on several occasions (against Ch'rell, Bishop, Stockman, probably others I'm forgetting).

So, yeah, Mike probably killed a Triceraton.

This makes sense since these guys were trained to be ninjas, and were probably taught that killing would have to be necessary, as long as they didn't go about killing everyone in sight. This sort of restraint makes a nice parallel between the turtles and Shredder. (But this is all just a hypothesis.)

Eurydemus
04-26-2015, 03:26 PM
Or how about that time Donnie inadvertently disembowelled/bisected a flying creature by crashing it into saw blades in "The People's Choice" episode?

Or when Leatherhead ate or dismembered a bunch of Bishop's men (complete with horrifying squishy sounds)?

TMNT 2K3 certainly didn't shy away from death and injury - implied or otherwise. I did another watch-through after spotting this thread just to see how many casualties I could spot. The first four seasons of 2K3 certainly contained enough deaths to warrant its "darker take" reputation. :teek:

Jephael
04-26-2015, 07:11 PM
My favorite was always that chase scene in "Turtles in Space" Part 2 when the one flying Triceraton blew up after hitting that tree.

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/1e/1e8da0914ebf6566a626746166c9512d1289d3d279973627ad be9f05f718f393.jpg

Prowler
04-27-2015, 09:27 PM
My favorite was always that chase scene in "Turtles in Space" Part 2 when the one flying Triceraton blew up after hitting that tree.

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/1e/1e8da0914ebf6566a626746166c9512d1289d3d279973627ad be9f05f718f393.jpg
And let's not forget the episode "Same As It Never Was".

Honestly, this show got away with a lot.

Jester
04-27-2015, 09:37 PM
Overrated!

Sorry...I love SaiNW and even the Gargoyles episode it totally rips off....but those kind of episodes are both overrated.

Prowler
04-27-2015, 09:54 PM
Overrated!

Sorry...I love SaiNW and even the Gargoyles episode it totally rips off....but those kind of episodes are both overrated.
It's a good episode but I wouldn't say it's my definite favorite.

The Fred Wofl series also had a dark episode where Shredder rules the world, "Shredderville". It's quite different but a pretty dark episode considering it was made in 1989-1990.

Netkeeper
04-28-2015, 01:35 AM
I'm not sure I'd call SAINW overrated, but I will say people give it way too much attention. And I say this as someone whose absolute favourite episode is SAINW.

Technogeek29
04-28-2015, 01:44 AM
No one mention Casey's father being murdered by Hun and Casey witnessing it before Hun throw's him down on the pavement. Never occurred to me that someone was killed in that fire as a kid for some reason.

Now that I think about it, this show implied someone being murdered or Axed off a lot.

Huzzah
04-29-2015, 09:26 PM
Killed may be too strong a term, many of these characters were merely un-alived.