PDA

View Full Version : Greetings and Salutations, Friends!

watchword
04-04-2015, 10:57 AM
Hi, I'm Watchword! Longtime fan of the Turtles. I wanted to join because I got the impression that the Technodrome forums had a big comic book fan presence...? I meet a lot of folks who watch the movies and cartoons, but not many who are into the comic books. The buddy who I usually talk TMNT comics with has fallen out of the loop and I don't want to spoil her!

Love pretty much everything about the Turtles. Grew up on the Fred Wolf cartoon, adored the 1990 movie, ate up the Archie comics line, was given the First Publishing trade paperbacks containing the first TMNT comics at a young age... long story short, I was hooked for life. I did take two hiatuses--I ended up missing out on the 2003 cartoon, most of Volume 4 and Tales of the TMNT Vol. 2, and the first 28 issues of IDW's run as a result. Playing catch-up slowly but surely.

Currently building a fort out of my comic book cartons, as god intended. Am also filling out the holes in my collection for great justice. I also love collecting TMNT figurines and toys, and enjoy the TMNT 2012 cartoon. My holy grails are currently Tales of the TMNT Vol. 2 #70, Vol. 4 #32, and (of course!) TMNT #1. When I get out of this job slump those are the first things I'm saving for.

In any case, greetings! I'm really looking forward to... uh, quite honestly, lurking a lot. :'D But mostly, getting some great perspective on the comic books and finding out if I've missed any weird ones, 'cause friends, that is my thang.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
04-04-2015, 11:12 AM
Welcome to the Technodrome, good sir.

And yes, there are quite a number of rabid avid fans of the comics, both Mirage and IDW. Oh, and Archie... never got into that myself.

You should totally go on YouTube and watch the 2003 cartoon; it is the closest to the comics in tone and story. I'm a fan of the first four seasons, but a lot of people will tell you to check out the fifth as well.

And now, the presentation of Official Mangoes of Welcome:

:mango::mango::mango::mango:

watchword
04-04-2015, 01:14 PM
Why, thank you, friend! Much appreciated! I shall treasure these TMNT mangoes always. I like that there are four. I shall give them each a color-coded bandana.

As to watching the 2003 cartoon: I'm going to do exactly that! I've been so busy lately that I just haven't been able to get to it. Or rather, I've been using my free time to acquire and read the comics instead. :") I'm already lurking around in the comics section and I'm so happy. It's great to see so many perspectives. I'm really enjoying this IDW run.

(Oh, and just for future clarification, I am a good madam :"D)

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
04-04-2015, 02:34 PM
Why, thank you, friend! Much appreciated! I shall treasure these TMNT mangoes always. I like that there are four. I shall give them each a color-coded bandana.

As to watching the 2003 cartoon: I'm going to do exactly that! I've been so busy lately that I just haven't been able to get to it. Or rather, I've been using my free time to acquire and read the comics instead. :") I'm already lurking around in the comics section and I'm so happy. It's great to see so many perspectives. I'm really enjoying this IDW run.

(Oh, and just for future clarification, I am a good madam :"D)

I apologize, fair lady!

Don't treasure the mangoes always... they'll rot eventually. I like the color-coded bandannas, though. :twink:

You're in for a treat with the 2003 cartoon; in the same way that IDW could be said to be a more modern take on the Fred Wolf cartoon, the 2003 4Kids cartoon can be said to be a more modern take on the Mirage comics. I love it to death, even if they reduced Casey Jones to idiot comic relief.

Icebot
04-04-2015, 04:07 PM
Welcome aboard! Hope you enjoy it here!

Gin Rummy
04-04-2015, 04:39 PM
Welcome to the Technodrome Forums! :)

pennydreadful
04-04-2015, 05:54 PM
Welcome to the forums, dudette! Hope you enjoy the place. :tsmile:

watchword
04-04-2015, 09:03 PM
@CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
OK I'll treasure them until tomorrow and turn them into a smoothie. If they're those mangoes that are as big as your head then I can trebuchet them at my enemies.

...oh man seriously? I'm missing out. I'll stop putting it off :"D

@Icebot, Gin Rummy, pennydreadful: Thank you very much! I'm happy to be here. :D

Davin
04-05-2015, 03:18 PM
Welcome to the Drome. :tsmile:

senpai
04-05-2015, 11:55 PM
Welcome! I'm relatively new myself but I know we have a great group here!

watchword
04-07-2015, 07:03 AM
@senpai Hi, thanks for noticing me. :") Hope to see you around!

@Davin Thanks man! :D

Mzx10484
04-07-2015, 03:10 PM
Hey, welcome & greetings from Germany !! 8)

Turtle_power_eh?
04-09-2015, 12:02 PM
Welcome!

I am also a TMNT comic enthusiast and fairly new to the forums.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I have so far.

:tgrin:

SophieDem
04-09-2015, 01:19 PM
Welcome on board, sister! ^^

Slade
04-16-2015, 06:02 AM
Welcome aboard.

MsMarvelDuckie
04-23-2015, 02:58 AM
"Climb aboard- we're expecting you...!" Okay, bad Love Boat theme reference aside, welcome, mi amici! Sounds like you'll fit right in!