PDA

View Full Version : I grew up with the dutch 2003 version

Andy1999
04-04-2015, 11:19 AM
I grew up watching the 2003 dutch tmnt version what do you think of this version let me know :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqpRX9OgwoU

Klunk1234
04-04-2015, 11:49 AM
Wow! It's nice to hear them speaking in Dutch. Strange. Your language sounds so complicated. Let me know what you think when you watch the Spanish version of it.

Andy1999
04-04-2015, 11:54 AM
Wow! It's nice to hear them speaking in Dutch. Strange. Your language sounds so complicated. Let me know what you think when you watch the Spanish version of it.

I have watched it and its verry complicated for me but the shredder sounds great :)

Gunstar_Red
04-04-2015, 11:58 AM
I love listening to other dubs. ^_^ I like all their voices except for Raph. He seems too generic. Thanks for the share! ^_^

I wonder if anyone ever made one, but there needs to be a video of Mikey screaming in all sorts of languages! XP

Andy1999
04-04-2015, 12:02 PM
I love listening to other dubs. ^_^ I like all their voices except for Raph. He seems too generic. Thanks for the share! ^_^

I wonder if anyone ever made one, but there needs to be a video of Mikey screaming in all sorts of languages! XP

Thanks for the idea i gonna make that one i will share the video with you when i am fineshed and sorry for my bad english i am learning it :)

Prowler
04-04-2015, 01:24 PM
I've watched many episodes of the 2k3 TMNT in Portuguese, I'm afraid. I really dislike dubs. In fact, that's part of the reason why I didn't get to fully watch the show until it was over and fully uploaded on youtube in English.

The Fred Wolf series fortunately never got dubbed into European Portuguese. I did watch however a few episodes of it in Brazilian Portuguese and Leonardo's voice still haunts me to this day.

TheSkeletonMan939
04-04-2015, 01:28 PM
The Fred Wolf series fortunately never got dubbed into European Portuguese. I did watch however a few episodes of it in Brazilian Portuguese and Leonardo's voice still haunts me to this day.

I'd love to know if the studio still has copies of the Fred Wold episodes' audio without any dialogue; they must have existed at some point in order to create foreign dubs. And if the studio kept that, do they have the original music recordings too?? Are the masters even real masters, or just VHS tape copies?

So many questions, with answers locked away in some vault where it's all deteriorating into dust. :sweatdro:

Prowler
04-04-2015, 01:32 PM
Anyway, from the few dubs I've checked out on youtube, the Dutch one seems to be one of the best ones

Powder
04-04-2015, 07:42 PM
Very dramatic, sounds good though! I've never heard the turtles in Dutch before, so that's cool. & you don't need to apologize, your English isn't bad at all! :)

mrminister4446
04-05-2015, 07:12 AM
I grew up with the norwegian version https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTb6mOEEyHA

They only dubbed the first two seasons though, so as a kid I didn't get to see the other seasons afte S2.

Looking back at these dubs, they sound quite silly to me xD

Andy1999
04-05-2015, 07:15 AM
I grew up with the norwegian version https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTb6mOEEyHA

They only dubbed the first two seasons though, so as a kid I didn't get to see the other seasons afte S2.

Looking back at these dubs, they sound quite silly to me xD

In the netherlands (Where i live) The first 3 seasons are dubbed.

neatoman
04-05-2015, 07:25 AM
I don't remember what the swedish dub sounded like, and I don't think I want to hear it anyway, I even had a few chances to get old DVDs with the swedish dub and I passed on the opportunity. Swedish voice actors aren't necessarily bad, but there seems to be so few of them I have heard the same voices so many times I only hear the actors, rather than the characters themselves.

In short, I wouldn't think "That's Leonardo", I would think "Oh, it's the guy who did that voice, and that voice, and that voice...". It's pretty distracting.

mrminister4446
04-05-2015, 07:55 AM
I don't remember what the swedish dub sounded like, and I don't think I want to hear it anyway, I even had a few chances to get old DVDs with the swedish dub and I passed on the opportunity. Swedish voice actors aren't necessarily bad, but there seems to be so few of them I have heard the same voices so many times I only hear the actors, rather than the characters themselves.

In short, I wouldn't think "That's Leonardo", I would think "Oh, it's the guy who did that voice, and that voice, and that voice...". It's pretty distracting.

Same here, nowadays when walking past the TV when my younger sibling watches Disney XD or something, every show has the exact same voice actors... "shrugs"

Donny
04-05-2015, 03:25 PM
It sounded really funny to me, but I think in general that Dutch is a funny language :P (I guess my own language sounds funny as well (Danish)). They dubbed everything in Danish besides season 4 and ninja tribunal.

But I wondered why Casey didn't say "Goongala". Does a similar Dutch word have another meaning so that it would be inapropiate to use? :)

marcelangelo
04-05-2015, 06:14 PM
hi guys,
thanks for sharing your trusted version of this wonderful show with us.it is exciting for my ears to hear it in dutch since german is in some words very similar...(I am from germany by the way)...
since many of you here seem to like dubs, check out the german synch of the show...unfortunatelly, they only dubbed the first two seasons of 2k3;(..I think it s due to moronoic promotion...as so many times over here...

trivia: I noticed that german is one of the few dubs that actually translated or dubbed the intro song, too...funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1OoXvrS4b4

TheSkeletonMan939
04-05-2015, 06:22 PM
One thing I'm noticing with these dubs is that there seems to be little panning activity; everything stays in the center, without moving to the left or right very often, if at all.

DevilSpooky
04-06-2015, 12:42 AM
I've watched many episodes of the 2k3 TMNT in Portuguese, I'm afraid. I really dislike dubs. In fact, that's part of the reason why I didn't get to fully watch the show until it was over and fully uploaded on youtube in English.

I hear you buddy, I also watch everything on their original versions, although the Nick show has some really good voices in Portuguese (http://www.nickelodeon.pt/series/tartarugas-ninja/videos/e22c0b6c-af87-4b41-b983-7da3033f2d82/6alu7p)and I think they fit really well, apart from Baxter/Kraang, that damn voice is on every damn cartoon in here...

trivia: I noticed that german is one of the few dubs that actually translated or dubbed the intro song, too...funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1OoXvrS4b4

They also dubbed (https://youtu.be/yJAOYLRNoec?t=57s) it here in Portugal, I kinda liked it back in the day, sounds weird now though after watching the whole thing on it's original version.

Raph
04-06-2015, 04:04 AM
I'm glad I watched the American Original version every week, and still do with the current toon as well.
I'm Dutch and sure I grew up with cartoons that sound great in Dutch like The Smurfs. But I always hated the Dutch dub, makes me hate the sound of my own language :P

I'm glad when the original 80's toon aired here in the 80's it was English with Dutch subtitles! At least our generation learnt English along the way!

marcelangelo
04-06-2015, 07:47 AM
I hear you buddy, I also watch everything on their original versions, although the Nick show has some really good voices in Portuguese (http://www.nickelodeon.pt/series/tartarugas-ninja/videos/e22c0b6c-af87-4b41-b983-7da3033f2d82/6alu7p)and I think they fit really well, apart from Baxter/Kraang, that damn voice is on every damn cartoon in here...

They also dubbed (https://youtu.be/yJAOYLRNoec?t=57s) it here in Portugal, I kinda liked it back in the day, sounds weird now though after watching the whole thing on it's original version.

hey cool!I didn't know that!
the first time I could watch some of the 2k3 series was in spanish!my mother brought back a leonardo actino figure with a dvd containing the el ray(king kirby) episode, the tortuga titan and the three parter return from the underground(?or what was its original title again)...this was superb!always loved seeing cartoons in spanish from summer vacations in spain;)...
the 2k3 show has a very excellent synchro in german, however the nickelodeon cartoon is voiced so annoyingly it hurts;(..the original cartoon from the 80s has an amazing synch as well if you were interested;)..(if not, take this knowledge for free;)..)

ImmaAxolotl
04-06-2015, 09:27 AM
I think I have a new goal now: Watch at least one episode of this show for each language. It'll certainly pass the time!

CyberCubed
04-06-2015, 10:37 AM
I'm honestly surprised they dub the show in so many different languages. Why not just air in english? English is practically a second language all around the world.

neatoman
04-06-2015, 10:49 AM
I'm honestly surprised they dub the show in so many different languages. Why not just air in english? English is practically a second language all around the world.

Because it takes years to learn how to speak English fluently and these are kids' shows we're talking about. Even subtitling would be problematic, because guess what? Learning how to read quickly enough to understand the subtitles also takes years.

I (like most other Swedish children) started to learn English when I was around 9 years old and I didn't quite understand english well enough to use it until I was 11. Reading began around 7 but I didn't follow subtitles that well until I was 12.

It's not at all a good idea to just air a show for 6-12 year olds in a language they're just learning.

DevilSpooky
04-07-2015, 06:17 PM

Here in Portugal they dub every single cartoon that airs on our national channels, most of the cable ones too. They are for kids after all. They also dub every kid movie too, like Disney, Dreamworks and the like, they even dub some real life action movies/shows for kids too. Movies and shows for adults are kept in their own language with added subs though (Thank God).

Back in the day they left them in their original languages when possible, the FW cartoon was subbed for example, we got some shows in Spanish and Brazilian Portuguese too. I had to grow up watching MacGyver, the A-Team, Knight Rider and every Disney movie in Brazilian Portuguese :tcry: (first Disney movie in actual Portuguese was The Lion King BTW)

Turtle Park
04-07-2015, 11:18 PM
I watched 2k3 in English so many times, I start to looking for other languages version.
The first thing I found is Japanese version, which makes me feel wired at the beginning but in the end l'm getting used to it.
They only dubbed the first two season, and they change the opening song just like their anime(great or not depends on what you think. Me? I think it's annoying.)
The voice acting is great. For example, Leo's voice sounds tender in Japanese, is kinda bring up another aspect of the characters.
Raph's voice sounds older in my opinion, and because the quotes they changed, he seems more care about Mikey.
Donnie? I thinks is okay.
And Mikey, he's voice acting is unique, is too unique that if you watch the original one first, you'll hate it! If you watch Japanese first, you'll hate English version.
Now the next l like to find out is Chinese version, because I'm from Taiwan, unfortunately the one l found is dubbed in mainland China(which sounds funny, but not so bad)

Raph
04-07-2015, 11:57 PM
Bull... I'm 35, Dutch and when I was 9 all cartoons were subtitled and original English as I said in my previous post. I watched G.I.Joe, Ghostbusters, ThunderCats, Turtles, M.A.S.K, BraveStarr...all in English with subtitles. And I learned English quickly and still am glad I got to hear all the original VA's.

I notice all around me that kids in this day and age learn English a lot slower because all the cartoons are being dubbed.

Because it takes years to learn how to speak English fluently and these are kids' shows we're talking about. Even subtitling would be problematic, because guess what? Learning how to read quickly enough to understand the subtitles also takes years.

I (like most other Swedish children) started to learn English when I was around 9 years old and I didn't quite understand english well enough to use it until I was 11. Reading began around 7 but I didn't follow subtitles that well until I was 12.

It's not at all a good idea to just air a show for 6-12 year olds in a language they're just learning.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
07-26-2015, 09:58 AM

here are the voices

http://www.dubbningshemsidan.se/credits/turtles-2003/

TMNachoT
07-27-2015, 04:26 PM

Itīs a second language if you know english. Most of the people I know in latin america donīt know english or the level of knowledge they have wont let them understant every single sentence if they watch the show in english and some people donīt need to learn english, so itīs absurd to air it in english in every country.

Andy1999, it sounds cool. I have watched this great cartoon in english, spanish (México and Spain) (all the seasons) and some episodes in french, polish and portuguese.

Klunk1234
07-28-2015, 12:39 PM

I know that Cyber. But don't you want to know how the other languages sounds, so you can get out of your monolingual cocoon? Learn to appreciate the foreign actors. I'm a native Spanish speaker, but I love to hear the show dubbed in different languages, especially Italian where you can hear the correct pronunciation of their names. After all, the TMNT are named after famous Italian Renaissance artists.

JH24
08-22-2015, 03:07 AM
I'm sorry to say, but the Dutch version of the 2k3 series was horrible, and I'm Dutch myself.

Back in the '90's we used to have English cartoons with subtitles (Like the 90's turtles, Gargoyles, Bikermice from Mars, Thundercats, etc) but soon after they started dubbing every cartoon being aired in my country. Except for a few, all of them were horrible.

I don't understand why, airing the original English version is a great way for kids to learn English.

They've dubbed the 2k12 series as well. Season 1 was bad. Surprisingly enough, the voice actors for the turtles improved quite a bit when season 2 began. They sounded more 'mature' and less forced. But after that I haven't followed the Dutch version for awhile.

Bull... I'm 35, Dutch and when I was 9 all cartoons were subtitled and original English as I said in my previous post. I watched G.I.Joe, Ghostbusters, ThunderCats, Turtles, M.A.S.K, BraveStarr...all in English with subtitles. And I learned English quickly and still am glad I got to hear all the original VA's.

I notice all around me that kids in this day and age learn English a lot slower because all the cartoons are being dubbed.

I couldn't agree more. I think we were pretty lucky having those cartoons in their original language back then. They're dubbing everything in Dutch now, even those Disney series with kid actors, which doesn't only look really weird but sounds bad as well.

Prowler
08-25-2015, 08:52 PM
Kids cartoons get dubbed nowadays because apparently they think kids can't follow subtitles until they're 14 or something. I understand dubbing cartoons for pre-school kids, but clearly the 2k3 series was for older kids(as in 10 to 14). I know I could keep up with subtitles pretty well enough by the time I was 10.

Man I miss the days where every cartoon was subtitled here instead of dubbed. Good thing we don't dub movies and live action tv shows like they do in some countries. Now that is just retarded.

I'm sorry to say, but the Dutch version of the 2k3 series was horrible, and I'm Dutch myself.

Back in the '90's we used to have English cartoons with subtitles (Like the 90's turtles, Gargoyles, Bikermice from Mars, Thundercats, etc) but soon after they started dubbing every cartoon being aired in my country. Except for a few, all of them were horrible.

I don't understand why, airing the original English version is a great way for kids to learn English.

They've dubbed the 2k12 series as well. Season 1 was bad. Surprisingly enough, the voice actors for the turtles improved quite a bit when season 2 began. They sounded more 'mature' and less forced. But after that I haven't followed the Dutch version for awhile.

I couldn't agree more. I think we were pretty lucky having those cartoons in their original language back then. They're dubbing everything in Dutch now, even those Disney series with kid actors, which doesn't only look really weird but sounds bad as well.
That's exactly how it was here in Portugal as well, pretty much.

The first acclaimed cartoon dub here was Lion King's. Space Jam's bombed miserably, though. Then again, who the hell wanted to see real humans such as Michael Jordan and the guy form Seinfeld getting their voices dubbed?

DevilSpooky
08-26-2015, 03:44 AM
Kids cartoons get dubbed nowadays because apparently they think kids can't follow subtitles until they're 14 or something. I understand dubbing cartoons for pre-school kids, but clearly the 2k3 series was for older kids(as in 10 to 14). I know I could keep up with subtitles pretty well enough by the time I was 10.

Man I miss the days where every cartoon was subtitled here instead of dubbed. Good thing we don't dub movies and live action tv shows like they do in some countries. Now that is just retarded.

That's exactly how it was here in Portugal as well, pretty much.

The first acclaimed cartoon dub here was Lion King's. Space Jam's bombed miserably, though. Then again, who the hell wanted to see real humans such as Michael Jordan and the guy form Seinfeld getting their voices dubbed?

Well that was because Lion King was the first Disney movie dubbed in Portuguese, every other one prior to that was Brazillian Portuguese, not only that but was actually done right, unlike Toy Story with it's African Andy...:roll:

Prowler
08-26-2015, 08:01 AM
Well that was because Lion King was the first Disney movie dubbed in Portuguese, every other one prior to that was Brazillian Portuguese, not only that but was actually done right, unlike Toy Story with it's African Andy...:roll:
Yea, we didn't have the habit of dubbing cartoons here. And the ones that were dubbed were imported from Brazil. Just like the Disney comics that were available here until the 90s were mostly in Brazilian Portuguese as well.

And yes, indeed it was. As for Toy Story, I had it on VHS dubbed and didn't find it bad. Andy was voiced by an African Portuguese, really? Had no idea. Although I can't say that I recall the sound of his voice. It's been ages since I've seen that Pixar classic. But hey, Michael Jordan(and I think all the black NBA players) in the dubbed version of Space Jam was voiced by a white guy, if I recall. :lol:

DevilSpooky
08-27-2015, 02:58 AM
Yea, we didn't have the habit of dubbing cartoons here. And the ones that were dubbed were imported from Brazil. Just like the Disney comics that were available here until the 90s were mostly in Brazilian Portuguese as well.

And yes, indeed it was. As for Toy Story, I had it on VHS dubbed and didn't find it bad. Andy was voiced by an African Portuguese, really? Had no idea. Although I can't say that I recall the sound of his voice. It's been ages since I've seen that Pixar classic. But hey, Michael Jordan(and I think all the black NBA players) in the dubbed version of Space Jam was voiced by a white guy, if I recall. :lol:

yeah, it's really noticable when Andy leaves with his mother after Woody pushes buzz out the window, he says "pensei que o tinha deixado ali" with a really thick accent, I kinda ruined the movie to a lot of my friends because of that line :P

But yeah, dubbed anything really sucks, although I really like the turtles voices on the current Nick show in Portuguese, they really fit them, same with most of the other characters voices, only hate the Kraang, that damn voice is on every damn cartoon on TV, I have to find out who does it so I can go all Ursula on his ass and steal it so I don't have to hear it ever again... :tmad:

Prowler
08-27-2015, 01:56 PM
yeah, it's really noticable when Andy leaves with his mother after Woody pushes buzz out the window, he says "pensei que o tinha deixado ali" with a really thick accent, I kinda ruined the movie to a lot of my friends because of that line :P

But yeah, dubbed anything really sucks, although I really like the turtles voices on the current Nick show in Portuguese, they really fit them, same with most of the other characters voices, only hate the Kraang, that damn voice is on every damn cartoon on TV, I have to find out who does it so I can go all Ursula on his ass and steal it so I don't have to hear it ever again... :tmad:
I barely remember Andy's voice, considering I haven't watched Toy Story in like 14-15 years. And I must have watched that VHS tape of it about 20 times. Not to mention I was about 7-8-9 years old back then, so I didn't really pay attention to that kind of stuff nor could I tell what accent someone had.

Onyl watched about 2-3 episodes of the Nick toon and cant' recall the voices. In the 2k3 series, I'd say that Leonardo had the best voice.

Btw, as a kid I had a VHS or two of the FW series dubbed in Brazilian Portuguese. Leonardo's voice was godawful holy hell.

DevilSpooky
08-28-2015, 02:40 AM
I barely remember Andy's voice, considering I haven't watched Toy Story in like 14-15 years. And I must have watched that VHS tape of it about 20 times. Not to mention I was about 7-8-9 years old back then, so I didn't really pay attention to that kind of stuff nor could I tell what accent someone had.

Onyl watched about 2-3 episodes of the Nick toon and cant' recall the voices. In the 2k3 series, I'd say that Leonardo had the best voice.

Btw, as a kid I had a VHS or two of the FW series dubbed in Brazilian Portuguese. Leonardo's voice was godawful holy hell.

lol I've seen that movie dozens of times already, I know all lines by heart so it's not you, it's me :P

I don't remember Donnie's voice but the rest I can still hear in my head and I like them all, they suit them, Leo's is calm, Raph's is gruff and Mikey's is, well, Mikey... Mainstream voice actors usually do a good job here, small ones like on Panda, Cartoon Network or Nick... well, not exactly...

Well, I really dislike Brazilian Portuguese's voices in general, I really don't like their accents and the way they talk, nothing against them as people, it's just their voices that kinda rub me the wrong way, probably because I grew up watching everything on TV dubbed by them, from cartoons, to soapsm hell, even TV shows like the A Team, Macgyver or Knight Rider... Damn we really had it rough growing up uh? :teek:

Prowler
08-28-2015, 08:26 AM
lol I've seen that movie dozens of times already, I know all lines by heart so it's not you, it's me :P

I don't remember Donnie's voice but the rest I can still hear in my head and I like them all, they suit them, Leo's is calm, Raph's is gruff and Mikey's is, well, Mikey... Mainstream voice actors usually do a good job here, small ones like on Panda, Cartoon Network or Nick... well, not exactly...

Well, I really dislike Brazilian Portuguese's voices in general, I really don't like their accents and the way they talk, nothing against them as people, it's just their voices that kinda rub me the wrong way, probably because I grew up watching everything on TV dubbed by them, from cartoons, to soapsm hell, even TV shows like the A Team, Macgyver or Knight Rider... Damn we really had it rough growing up uh? :teek:
Why did we import dubbed versions of shows like MacGuyver, the A-Team and the Knight Rider for a while back in the early 90s? But that only lasted for a while, didn't it? By the time i was old enough to remember those shows they were no longer dubbed. I believe they all aired on TVI, didn't they? Remember when that was actually a decent channel?

Man, a year or two ago I was flickering through channels and was surprised when they heard portuguese voices on Cartoon Network. Back in the late 90s/early 00s, we had the UK version of cartoon network and watch everything without subs. Yet we still loved those cartoons.

DevilSpooky
08-30-2015, 08:56 PM
Why did we import dubbed versions of shows like MacGuyver, the A-Team and the Knight Rider for a while back in the early 90s? But that only lasted for a while, didn't it? By the time i was old enough to remember those shows they were no longer dubbed. I believe they all aired on TVI, didn't they? Remember when that was actually a decent channel?

Man, a year or two ago I was flickering through channels and was surprised when they heard portuguese voices on Cartoon Network. Back in the late 90s/early 00s, we had the UK version of cartoon network and watch everything without subs. Yet we still loved those cartoons.

Seriously I don't think they did originally, but when they showed re-runs on Sic Memoria ou RTP memoria or whatever it was the channel, they did aired the original versions, but from my childhood I only remember the atrocious Brazillian versions. Yeah, same with every single public channel we had back then, remember when they show up movies on TV? During the day on the weekends, and during the night on wednesdays? Those where the times... :tgrumble:

Yeah, was surprised as well, thank god that at least on my tv provider I can change the language of some channels, like, even though Dexter from Dexter's Laboratory has Dragon Ball's Son Goku voice I still like the original one better, it's the one I grew up with... I get it why they do it but having the original versions is good for kids, my niece for example already knew English when she started learning it in school because of CN.

mrminister4446
09-03-2015, 01:58 PM
I don't think I could have enjoyed it as much as a kid if it wasn't dubbed.