PDA

View Full Version : Who do you want as a Smash Bros fighter?

GoldMutant
04-07-2015, 12:27 PM
https://cp.nintendo.co.jp/us/

With the recent announcement on the Nintendo Direct, this is huge news. With both Lucas and Mewtwo returning as dowloadable content, this is awesome. I included the link to the official poll and I assume the characters with the greatest number of votes will come in the distant future. The poll will be Nintendo primarily though (can't have an overload of third-party) This brings me to my question, which characters would you want to include, whether it's third party, Nintendo, or a cut character? Include the franchise name, possible reasoning and if possible, include a final smash for fun. 8)

Here are mine (for the time being, I'll keep it brief):
-Toad (Super Mario)
- Wolf (Star Fox)
- Generation 3 or 6 Pokemon rep.
- Professor Layton (Professor Layton)
- Castlevania rep. (Simon or Alucard)
- http://smashdatabase.com/53f758

CyberCubed
04-07-2015, 12:50 PM
He's probably going to win:

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/942/663/d4d.jpg

Even Japan is pulling for him. The chances of not getting at least one new DK rep (K. Rool or Dixie) is slim. According to early poll tallies on forums King K. Rool has the most amount of votes.

Other than that I think Isaac from Golden Sun, Wonder Red, or a Splatoon character would be ideal. I'm sure Wolf will be brought back like Lucas was regardless of the poll.

Peanut
04-07-2015, 01:11 PM
Oh, my god. I need to apply to mod this section again. We desperately need someone active in here.

Cure
04-07-2015, 01:12 PM
You've got my vote.

Skylanders fan
04-07-2015, 02:13 PM
king k rool
inklings
waluigi
ridlely
wolf
squrilte
ice climber
pichu:lol:

raph27
04-07-2015, 05:24 PM
As a huge AC fan I gotta say Tom Nook would be great, though aside from chucking Bell bags at you I don't know what moves he would have.

Oh, and Skull Kid. Final Smash brings down the moon on everyone.

TheSkeletonMan939
04-07-2015, 05:36 PM
Bayonetta
Midna (even though she's an assist trophy)
Tetra
Dixie Kong
King K. Rool

Netkeeper
04-07-2015, 08:10 PM
http://40.media.tumblr.com/1977a87ed8a4a03fbd729869a832e3f1/tumblr_nm84cp7Izl1snsvkdo1_1280.png

PangolinFeets
04-07-2015, 09:12 PM
http://40.media.tumblr.com/1977a87ed8a4a03fbd729869a832e3f1/tumblr_nm84cp7izl1snsvkdo1_1280.png

:D
Mmmyep.

Netkeeper
04-07-2015, 09:20 PM
:D
Mmmyep.
http://i.imgur.com/FAyXJdV.png
Wonderful! I was actually going to ask you if you'd voted for him :V

Turo602
04-07-2015, 10:27 PM
I've already made mention of a character in another thread but there are several characters I'd like to see either be DLC or included in the next Smash Bros. so I might as well make a list here.

Captain Toad/Toadette alternate
Cranky Kong
Tom Nook
Majora's Mask Link
Bayonetta
Solid Snake

Edit: Also, I think Sonic should definitely get a classic Sonic alternate.

TMNT_Guy
04-07-2015, 10:57 PM
Here's my list:

Bomberman. Nintendo fans donít need an introduction to Bomberman, heís been with Nintendo since the NES. It would be cool to see how they could incorporate his bombs into fighting moves, especially if they take inspiration from the elemental bombs from Bomberman 64: the Second Attack.

Crash Bandicoot. Very slim chance on making it(I may as well vote for Earthworm Jim as this point.) , but Crash is one of the few western developed game series to make it big in Japan. Crash was a character heavily influenced by classic western animation and it would be interesting to see how they could incorporate that into Smash. I would hope they use his original Naughty Dog design if they included him and maybe include his Japanese character design use as an alternate costume.

After that? Eh, Dixie Kong might be cool. Though, Shantae the half-genie also has hair that can whip and a much greater potential for unique moves.

CyberCubed
04-07-2015, 11:13 PM
Are people really expecting third party characters to get in as DLC? I know Nintendo said you can vote for any character, but I still think a third party character getting in as DLC is very slim. Smash should also only be reserved for the most iconic third party characters, (Sonic, Snake, Pacman, Megaman), and not just any character.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Miyamoto himself asked Sakurai to put a Splatoon character in Smash. The game is getting so much promotion from Nintendo now and having Inkling in Smash would help raise awareness for the game. They can even do the male/female variants just like they do for the Villager, Robin, etc.

Netkeeper
04-07-2015, 11:16 PM
The chances are slim, but I'll vote for Layton because my second choice [King K Rool] already has plenty of support.

Redeemer
04-07-2015, 11:22 PM
Would like to see Zero from Mega-man X

PangolinFeets
04-07-2015, 11:39 PM
Are people really expecting third party characters to get in as DLC? I know Nintendo said you can vote for any character, but I still think a third party character getting in as DLC is very slim. Smash should also only be reserved for the most iconic third party characters, (Sonic, Snake, Pacman, Megaman), and not just any character.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Miyamoto himself asked Sakurai to put a Splatoon character in Smash. The game is getting so much promotion from Nintendo now and having Inkling in Smash would help raise awareness for the game. They can even do the male/female variants just like they do for the Villager, Robin, etc.

They would have had a drop-down list if they only wanted people to vote for certain characters. They're probably testing the waters for IPs that would be inexpensive and mutually beneficial to other companies to have in the game.

And yes, Netkeeper. I've been voting for Layton since before the polls were out. :3

TheBlueTurtle1
04-08-2015, 12:37 AM
BANJO KAZOOIE, now microsoft are open to the idea, it could happen!

Memphis
04-08-2015, 04:06 PM
I voted for

-K. Rool
-Banjo-Kazooie
-Bayonetta
-Snake
-Wolf

Cryomancer
04-08-2015, 05:37 PM
Voted Mike Jones. Hoping for Shantae.

raph27
04-08-2015, 06:43 PM
Nobody seems to be voting for him, but for some reason I think Mega Man X could make it going on the Mii costume. Just seemed a little out of place.

Peanut
04-08-2015, 09:55 PM
They would have had a drop-down list if they only wanted people to vote for certain characters.

They don't care who you vote for. People who think this is honestly going to make a difference, especially where third-party characters are concerned, are kidding themselves.

Nobody seems to be voting for him, but for some reason I think Mega Man X could make it going on the Mii costume. Just seemed a little out of place.

There's absolutely zero intent behind those costume choices. This is the worst thing about Smash; everyone looks into every little detail way too closely.

Cryomancer
04-08-2015, 11:02 PM
I don't see why they don't just start making "clones" and stuff a costume choice. All the Star Fox dudes could be on the Fox slot as costumes. Mike Jones could just be a taller Ness, and Ness could also host Lucas, Ninten, Paula, etc.

Peanut
04-08-2015, 11:09 PM
Because the moment you start changing character models to different sizes and proportions you're creating tons of work for little benefit. You need to start changing hit boxes, which also requires retooling of a characters attributes and on and on. That's why the only shared character slots are Olimar/Alph and Bowser Jr./Koopalings. They fudged Alph's design just enough to make him exactly the same shape as Olimar and the main conceit to Bowser Jr. is the Koopa Clown Car and not Bowser Jr. himself.

Cryomancer
04-08-2015, 11:12 PM
Yeah but you get a "new character" without having to come up with an entire original move set. And it's an excuse to bring back some of the "lost" characters too. Surely it's less work to tweak hitboxes and animations than create an entire new entry.

Admittedly, I don't really play much Smash.

Peanut
04-08-2015, 11:56 PM
Clearly not enough to make them worthwhile, as has been stated many times by the developers. Lucina and Dark Pit both started out as skins for Marth and Pit, but because they required so many tweaks and changes they ended up becoming full fledged clones. And they're not semi-clones either, their move sets are identical, but they took enough work to create that they warranted their own spot on the roster.

I would like to see character skins as well, but I can't honestly think of many full-on new character skins they could apply to existing characters that would make sense and also require zero tuning. Even Samus' different suits would pose an issue as a skin. I honestly think they already did the ones that could work with Olimar/Alph, the Koopalings M/F Robin/WFT and the various Villagers.

Cryomancer
04-09-2015, 12:27 AM
Makes sense!