PDA

View Full Version : Twisted Metal

Krutch
04-07-2015, 11:09 PM
I just played every Twisted Metal game, an hour each.

I love this silly little franchise.

TM2 still takes the cake for me though. TM: Black is a very close second, though.

And from what I played of the newest one for PS3, the controls are fun as hell, its a little weird seeing Sweet Tooth driving around on Mr Grimm's bike or Reaper driving around in a giant clown ice cream truck. That just feels wrong.

mexichrist83
04-27-2015, 06:15 PM
I loved this series. The last one I played was Black but that was one of the best. I do have a fondness for each game. I wonder what happened to the movie. Guess it went into development hell which is too bad because it would have made a fun movie.

PangolinFeets
04-27-2015, 06:46 PM
TMB is excellent! The new one is actually pretty fun for a bit. The multiplayer modes are pretty fun, though I wish the characters all made a return instead of the faction system..

Krutch
04-27-2015, 10:41 PM
...though I wish the characters all made a return instead of the faction system..

This seems to be the consensus. They had a winning formula and though I always appreciate it when the makers try to shake things up and try new things, it left a very strange taste in peoples mouths. We just wanted a story for each character. And if they wanted to implement a garage to change vehicles, they should have made 2 or 3 variants of the same vehicle for each driver. Just my take on it.

Groovy
05-16-2015, 05:26 PM
Twisted Metal 2 owned. Ever play Twisted Metal: Head-On: Extra Twisted Edition for PS2? Really good, for me that's the best one currently, feels like an updated Twisted Metal 2.

The latest one was cool too. Random note, the guys who directed Crank wanted to make a Twisted Metal film, would've been awesome if it happened.

sdp
05-17-2015, 05:02 PM
I only ever played Black and Small Brawl on PS1. I liked both of them very much and they were both similar but different takes and the black humor even translated pretty well to the Small Brawl version. But apparently Sony missed the boat with the reboot they had for PS3? Too bad since it was such an awesome franchise and Black brought the franchise to the PS2 era without problems.

Now that I think about it Black was the game that I bought my PS2 for, I had wanted it since launch but that was the game that made me get it right there and then. I guess I registered the game somehow or whatever because I remember getting a disc for TM:B Online a few years later on the mail when they apparently added online to it? I never actually even put that DVD in my PS2 since I didn't game anymore when I received it but it was still cool of Sony to do that. I also remember one time they randomly sent me a really nice CD case for games on the mail for no apparent reason either. This was during the time that there was no Club Nintendo or anything similar to Nintendo so I remember thinking at the time that at least Sony was treating their costumers very well.

Ninjinister
05-17-2015, 07:26 PM
I never owned any myself, but I did have a bit o' fun playin' small chunks with my brother.

I hear the PS3 one was total butt, though.

Peanut
05-18-2015, 09:46 AM
I was always more of a Vigilante 8 guy, though I do recall black being pretty fun. I think that's the one with all the crazy cut scenes in it as well?

turtlefanforever
05-26-2015, 09:45 AM
i'm bored, and looking for a new game. Seriously contemplating buying one of these.

Allio
05-26-2015, 03:48 PM
only played 3

turtlefanforever
01-24-2016, 07:52 AM
Playing the newest one again. I had it on download and beat story but it didnt translate to the physical disc so now i have to beat everything all over and i've come to the conclusion that iron maiden is annoying as hell. Like when she calls you out for running away when thats literally all her and her minions do.