PDA

View Full Version : Operation Ninja Mail

Gunstar_Red
04-11-2015, 01:12 PM
So I threw out the idea of sending postcards to Nickelodeon in order to persuade them to release the complete 2K3 cartoon on DVD. I'm willing to do it but I'll need others to make an impact.

I'm thinking we should only send postcards. Absolutely no letters. A postcard is short and easy to read to get a point across. Also, it has a personal feel (it's handwritten and has a picture of the location where it came from).

And when I say short, I mean short. "Please consider releasing the complete 2003/4Kids series of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on DVD" or such is all that is needed. No angry or threatening messages. No promises we can't keep ("I'll buy 10 copies!" Yeah, right...). Just short and sweet.

For the more artistically inclined, if they could fit a fun little drawing in, that would be great too. Adds to the personal touch.

The question is, where to send them? There's a whole slew of addresses, but I think the best places to send them to are either:

East Coast Office
1515 Broadway, 44th Floor
New York, NY 10036

West Coast Office
2600 Colorado Ave. 2nd Floor
Santa Monica, CA 90404

Nickelodeon Studios
231 W Olive Ave
Burbank, CA 91502

Maybe? I don't know. If anyone has a better idea where we can send them, please post!

If you don't want to participate in the mail, I think this online form is a good place to send your concerns:
http://www.viacom.com/pages/contact.aspx
(Again, please DO NOT send them angry or threatening messages!)
Make sure your Topic is 'Viewer Services' and 'Nickelodeon'.

However we may try to contact them, we all need to be synchronized. I'm thinking we should pick one day out of each month to send the postcards/online forms at the same time so they'll get a wave of mail all at once.

turtlefanforever
04-11-2015, 03:32 PM
well i sent one out through that viacom thing

pennydreadful
04-11-2015, 04:55 PM
I think this is a good idea - I'm on-board. :tgrin:

Mew
04-11-2015, 04:58 PM
I'll do it. :mango:

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
04-11-2015, 06:13 PM
As far as coordinating efforts, I'm not so sure that will be possible for snail mail. But for online, I recommend the 4th of every month--'cause there are four Turtles. My two cents. :twink:

ImmaAxolotl
04-12-2015, 07:32 AM
I'm totally doing this! Now to just buy a postcard! :twink:

Gunstar_Red
04-16-2015, 02:33 PM
...So, not much of an reaction, eh? ^^;

Alright then, most people like to complain just to complain. Whatever.

But I'm still doing this with you cool cats. So on the 1st of each month, let's send a postcard to the Burbank address? I like Cylons' idea of sending a message/email on the 4th. (Why didn't I think of that? :P )

ImmaAxolotl
04-16-2015, 04:28 PM
Cool beans! I'm ready to do this!:tgrin:

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
04-16-2015, 05:22 PM
I do have one question, Gunstar_Red: if we're using postcards, what kind of postcards do we use?

Do we use touristy postcards to show where we (the potential customer) lives and provides a viable market? Beaches and bikinis? Giant armadillos (at least in Texas)?

Are there TMNT postcards? Do we custom make them?

Sorry... I'm sure I'm totally overthinking this. :twink:

Turtle Park
04-16-2015, 06:59 PM
I'm going to this with email.:)
So it start on the 4th, right?

Gunstar_Red
04-17-2015, 10:54 PM
Sorry... I'm sure I'm totally overthinking this. :twink:

No, no. You have a legitimate question. ^_^

It's all up to you. I'm thinking the "tourist-y" ones because they would show where they came from. But Turtle themed ones (I see some on eBay) or custom ones, but I think they would be a little expensive. I was aiming for something easy and cheap for anyone to be able to send, but if you want to go the extra mile, go ahead. I just don't know if it will be appreciated on their side as much as a fan would. Some companies love fan interaction, others don't care. I'm not sure how Nick will react.

Yup! People who want to do email, send them on the 4th. Anyone who wants to do the postcard route, send them on the 1st. ^_^

nylemon
04-17-2015, 11:19 PM
I'm going to this with email.:)

you the "龟公园 from tieba right?

Davin
04-18-2015, 03:49 PM
Nice idea. I'll send a postcard and an email.

neatoman
04-18-2015, 04:01 PM
Why not send as much mail as possible to inflate the chances?

Turtle Park
04-18-2015, 09:20 PM
you the "龟公园 from tieba right?
Well...you're right.
Now I'm wondering where are you come from?:)

nylemon
04-22-2015, 08:31 PM
Well...you're right.
Now I'm wondering where are you come from?:)
id是"神龟巨人",不过我们好像没交流过...i am from shanghai

Turtle Park
04-22-2015, 08:36 PM
id是"神龟巨人",不过我们好像没交流过...

你這麼說,我也覺得好像很少看見你出沒,或是我們都潛水很久了

nylemon
04-22-2015, 08:53 PM
你這麼說,我也覺得好像很少看見你出沒,或是我們都潛水很久了
早年混在忍者龟传奇论坛,贴吧有点脸熟的现在就红色拉斐尔认识我吧

ImmaAxolotl
05-01-2015, 02:03 PM
My postcard was 26 cents (including tax) and had a picture of the college I'm going to. All I need is a stamp and a mailbox now!

(I also drew a 45-second sketch of a turtle on my card. It looks like crap but still is cute in it's own little way.)

Gunstar_Red
05-01-2015, 02:03 PM
Don't forget to send your postcards in today! I'm dropping mine in the nearest mailbox as I travel back home. ^_^

My postcard was 26 cents (including tax) and had a picture of the college I'm going to. All I need is a stamp and a mailbox now!

(I also drew a 45-second sketch of a turtle on my card. It looks like crap but still is cute in it's own little way.)

Awesome! You should take a picture of it. I would like to see it! :D I'll take a photo of mine before I send it too (but I'll post my picture tomorrow when I have a computer handy).

ImmaAxolotl
05-01-2015, 04:06 PM
Don't forget to send your postcards in today! I'm dropping mine in the nearest mailbox as I travel back home. ^_^

Awesome! You should take a picture of it. I would like to see it! :D I'll take a photo of mine before I send it too (but I'll post my picture tomorrow when I have a computer handy).

Yeah... About that... I already sent it. If it helps, I'll describe it for you. It was basically an irregular circle with a box body (two lines for the plastron) and jagged tree stumps for the limbs (which had thick dark lines for the equipment). The head had two straight lines for the mask and two empty circles for the eyes. That's about it!

X
05-01-2015, 10:23 PM
Whatever the case, Nick shouldn't be releasing 2 3-episode discs, because they're practically asking for people to not care about the 2003 show.

They should have started with season 1. I would have double-dipped solely to show my loyalty to the 2003 brand and to Nick for being nice - and smart - enough to release one of the best cartoons of the 00's.

Gunstar_Red
05-03-2015, 08:50 PM
Everyone! Don't forget to send your emails tomorrow!

Here's my postcard I sent the other day:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v36/Breakman/host/P1070058_zpsbreqkcqz.jpg
Easy peasey, lemon squeezy.

Yeah... About that... I already sent it. If it helps, I'll describe it for you. It was basically an irregular circle with a box body (two lines for the plastron) and jagged tree stumps for the limbs (which had thick dark lines for the equipment). The head had two straight lines for the mask and two empty circles for the eyes. That's about it!

Ah! Oh well! Hopefully someone see and appreciate it at Nick. ^^

Turtle Park
05-04-2015, 01:24 AM
I just sent a email.
Now is time to wait and see.:)

pennydreadful
05-04-2015, 02:25 AM
Gunstar, that sketch that you put onto the postcard was adorable. :tgrin:

I sent an email as well; I'm also planning on sending a postcard but I doubt it will arrive in synch with the others due to the international delay (not to mention Australia Post being complete shite!)

Mew
05-04-2015, 04:24 AM
Sent mine!!! It was a TMNT one I found at Hobby Lobby! :D

turtlefanforever
05-04-2015, 08:03 AM
sent an email

ImmaAxolotl
05-05-2015, 04:25 PM
Everyone! Don't forget to send your emails tomorrow!

Here's my postcard I sent the other day:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v36/Breakman/host/P1070058_zpsbreqkcqz.jpg
Easy peasey, lemon squeezy.

Ah! Oh well! Hopefully someone see and appreciate it at Nick. ^^

Too cute! You're an awesome artist!

nylemon
06-07-2015, 10:26 PM
hope it will work someday