PDA

View Full Version : Have you been satisfied with Activision's games so far?

neatoman
04-20-2015, 06:55 AM
So Activision has published a couple of TMNT games now, have you been satisfied so far? I have no opinion as I haven't played a single one.

Candy Kappa
04-20-2015, 10:09 AM
No, There is a lot to be desired in that front.

CowabungaMikey
04-21-2015, 12:45 AM
Yes. They're doing a fine job in my eyes.

Ninjinister
04-21-2015, 08:40 PM
I was severely underwhelmed with everything they published. Even Danger of the Ooze turned out to be supremely disappointing, especially considering the pedigree of its developer.

GoldMutant
04-21-2015, 08:48 PM
From what I've seen, the games published so far are underwhelming. Then again, Konami did spoil fans back in the day. :D

Either way, Activision is not doing a great job as they attempt to milk and sell certain franchises (hint hint, wink wink). If they could step up, which I have certain doubts on, then we'll have to wait and see.

TurtleTitan97
04-21-2015, 08:49 PM
Not really.

Powder
04-21-2015, 09:30 PM
I was severely underwhelmed with everything they published. Even Danger of the Ooze turned out to be supremely disappointing, especially considering the pedigree of its developer.

This sums it up.

CyberCubed
04-22-2015, 12:13 AM
Its just typical licensed garbage. The 2k3 console games weren't the best either but at least they were decent to play. And the GBA games were fantastic.

shuriken
04-22-2015, 01:42 AM
^^^ EAT FEET EAT FEET
But the GBA games were pretty boss.

turtlefanforever
04-22-2015, 12:04 PM
they've been crap. i miss the old games

FoxBoxKid
04-22-2015, 05:25 PM
Yes. They're doing a fine job in my eyes.

Should get your eyes checked.

Longview01
05-01-2015, 06:07 AM
Nope, they are doing a better job than Ubisoft but thats not saying much but Konami did a better job, especially the GBA games.

CowabungaMikey
05-04-2015, 09:20 AM
Should get your eyes checked.

Translation: ''How dare you have a different opinion than I do!''

Prowler
05-04-2015, 09:23 AM
Its just typical licensed garbage. The 2k3 console games weren't the best either but at least they were decent to play. And the GBA games were fantastic.
The GBA ones were fun but not exactly fantastic. Just solid games overall.

It's been getting worse each generation. At least most FW games were pretty decent except for the first NES game and the Genesis Tournament Fighters version.

Joshua Guest
07-20-2015, 06:44 AM
I like Out of the Shadows and The First TMNT nickelodeon game but that's it.

chrisdude
07-24-2015, 06:59 PM
Out of the Shadows was great, the movie game was better. The first Nick game was decent. I lost interest in Danger of the Ooze early on. My one disappointment. Overall, I'm happy.

(I wonder how many voters played all the games.)

TigerClaw
07-24-2015, 07:19 PM
Out of the Shadows was great, the movie game was better. The first Nick game was decent. I lost interest in Danger of the Ooze early on. My one disappointment. Overall, I'm happy.

(I wonder how many voters played all the games.)
I liked Out of the Shadows despite the bad reviews its gotten, It was a decent game and the only one that wasn't too close to the Nick series.

I wanna see a TMNT that isn't based on the Nick series, but something based on the old series and possibly IDW.

The new TMNT games now are based on the nick series and they don't put much effort into them.

With TMNT 2 coming out in 2016, we can expect another movie tie in game like the last one, but I would like to see it on consoles and not just on the 3DS.

With Xbox One and PS4, I like them to make the best looking TMNT games on those platforms.

MrTrikey
10-21-2015, 10:06 AM
After playing and loving to bits Transformers Devastation (by PlatinumGames and Activision)? The dream would be that Activision would tap P* next for the duties of realizing some type of TMNT game.

https://a.pomf.cat/lfanwz.gif
https://a.pomf.cat/eccjds.gif
https://a.pomf.cat/icmfam.gif
https://a.pomf.cat/szpasb.gif
https://a.pomf.cat/zqychc.gif

Devastation isn't exactly a big budget product, either, but you can tell the game was in the hands of a developer who a) respected the property and b) knows their stuff when it comes to making quality action games. And they certainly nailed the aesthetics of the 80s toon, too.

One can only imagine what could happen if P* was tapped to make a game based off of the 80s TMNT toon (or even better, the Mirage run). :D

TigerClaw
10-21-2015, 10:12 AM
After playing and loving to bits Transformers Devastation (by PlatinumGames and Activision)? The dream would be that Activision would tap P* next for the duties of realizing some type of TMNT game.

https://a.pomf.cat/lfanwz.gif
https://a.pomf.cat/eccjds.gif
https://a.pomf.cat/icmfam.gif
https://a.pomf.cat/szpasb.gif
https://a.pomf.cat/zqychc.gif

Devastation isn't exactly a big budget product, either, but you can tell the game was in the hands of a developer who a) respected the property and b) knows their stuff when it comes to making quality action games. And they certainly nailed the aesthetics of the 80s toon, too.

One can only imagine what could happen if P* was tapped to make a game based off of the 80s TMNT toon (or even better, the Mirage run). :D
Given how Platinum Games lovingly recreated the G1 Transformers style in the game, I could see them do a TMNT game in the style of the Fred Wolf series.

Activision should really do that, Transformers Devastation capitalizes on the nostalgia people have for G1 Transformers, So they can do the same with TMNT.

I think that's what a lot people here want, a TMNT game based on the original series.

MrTrikey
10-21-2015, 10:48 AM
I think that's what a lot people here want, a TMNT game based on the original series.

Well, it wouldn't really matter but so much for me. Nicktoon, 2014 movie, Fred Wolf...as long as Platinum was behind it, that much is what matters most to me.

I mean, if it I had it my way, it'd be a game based off of the Mirage or IDW comics. But what is the likelihood of that happening? :roll:

myconius
10-22-2015, 03:32 PM
the first game based on the Nick show was barely passable.
the second one was straight up awful.

i liked out of the shadows till i hit a glitch that stopped me from progressing.

they had better get their game up! no pun intended :D

OrangeNinja1987
10-23-2015, 06:42 PM
Out of the Shadows is amazing. I love the character designs and the action, though I'm horrible at the game itself. The Nick games suck.

Coola Yagami
10-24-2015, 01:47 PM
Just make a good fun fast based beat-em-up (the Nick one was slow-paced, too long and boring) or a fun fast paced fighting game. It's not that friggin hard. Even a TMNT Smash-Up game done RIGHT would be acceptable.

Stop making all of these over-complicated games that they obviously can't do right and stick with fun and simple, just with amazing graphics, music, flash and flare. It's like they don't even try.... or try way too hard.

Prowler
10-25-2015, 08:02 PM
Just make a good fun fast based beat-em-up (the Nick one was slow-paced, too long and boring) or a fun fast paced fighting game. It's not that friggin hard. Even a TMNT Smash-Up game done RIGHT would be acceptable.

Stop making all of these over-complicated games that they obviously can't do right and stick with fun and simple, just with amazing graphics, music, flash and flare. It's like they don't even try.... or try way too hard.
SNES Tournament Fighters wasn't a great fighting game but it was fun for what it was, and quite good compared to most SF ripoffs at the time. I dont' think a TMNT fighting game would have much market nowadays, though. back then fighting games were still kinda new and many companies tried to make "the next Street Fighter".

MrTrikey
11-04-2015, 07:42 AM
SNES Tournament Fighters wasn't a great fighting game but it was fun for what it was, and quite good compared to most SF ripoffs at the time. I dont' think a TMNT fighting game would have much market nowadays, though. back then fighting games were still kinda new and many companies tried to make "the next Street Fighter".

Actually, SNES TF has had a pretty enduring legacy as a solid fighter. You can even still find decent competition over Netplay, if you know where to look! :D

Anyway, I think it would depend on how it's done. A crossover fighter that tried its best to pay tribute to all segments of the brand (or at least, the older stuff found in Mirage/FredWolf/Archie, since that's what an older audience would care most about), and had solid mechanics all around, could end up doing quite well on today's market.

The main question would just be who would Activision seek out to make such a game happen, and just what kind of game they wanted to see made. This is where I wish Team Ninja (Dead or Alive) or Project Soul (Soulcalibur) could come in, because I think between those two parties lies someone who could make an ideal 3D TMNT fighter.

slingtheory
11-07-2015, 05:43 PM
Given how Platinum Games lovingly recreated the G1 Transformers style in the game, I could see them do a TMNT game in the style of the Fred Wolf series.

Activision should really do that, Transformers Devastation capitalizes on the nostalgia people have for G1 Transformers, So they can do the same with TMNT.

I think that's what a lot people here want, a TMNT game based on the original series. I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't play a fred wolfe game cause I definitely would but I gotta say right now my dream game would be Idw based. Now that I think about it a shattered dimensions like game celebrating the history of the turtles would be incredible and probably please everyone but there's probably too many licenses tied up for that though

nellyp
11-09-2015, 01:03 PM
Actually, SNES TF has had a pretty enduring legacy as a solid fighter. You can even still find decent competition over Netplay, if you know where to look! :D

Anyway, I think it would depend on how it's done. A crossover fighter that tried its best to pay tribute to all segments of the brand (or at least, the older stuff found in Mirage/FredWolf/Archie, since that's what an older audience would care most about), and had solid mechanics all around, could end up doing quite well on today's market.

The main question would just be who would Activision seek out to make such a game happen, and just what kind of game they wanted to see made. This is where I wish Team Ninja (Dead or Alive) or Project Soul (Soulcalibur) could come in, because I think between those two parties lies someone who could make an ideal 3D TMNT fighter.

I still really enjoy TMNT Tournament Fighters on both SNES and Genesis (wanted to buy a copy on NES recently as well but couldn't justify paying $175 for it).

When soul calibur V came out I made a character of shredder using Mitsurugi as the base and it made me think how well a Tmnt game would work in that style as it is weapon based but no blood so Nickelodeon would not have to worry about parents freaking out. Throw in a bunch of recognizable arena style environments and a decent roster and leave it open to expand it with DLC characters and it would be a great 3D fighter regardless of which Tmnt universe you go with.

To answer the poll question though no I think activision has had a pretty underwhelming showing so far with the TMNT licence.