PDA

View Full Version : Why hello there ... *peeks in*

Sahtori
04-23-2015, 12:51 PM
Why hello everyone, I'm Karine, Kay for shorts. I'm a girl :p - I've been viewing this forum for a while, peeking in and peeking out. You know, in - out ... Should I join, shouldn't I join. Oh man, ... So, to finally get my conclusion. I noticed I don't know that much about the TMNT. (Boooo, get off the stage!)

I grew up with the 80's cartoon. My sister (who's 18 years older than me) her husband would imitate Raphael's voice (to this day, he still imitates voices, not doing a good job compared to the time I could laugh really loud with it) I enjoyed it as a toddler of course.
Raph was my favorite (well still is) but I loved how Rob Paulsen acted, the jokes, I didn't get; cause I was a toddler.

So, I got books, figurines, you name it, I enjoyed the turtles. To tell you a funny story, when I went to 1st grade, I had more friends that loved the turtles. So we had this play ground and it had three polls with tires in them. So, we would ran towards the pols and shout: 'I have Leonardo!' 'I got Mikey!' 'I got Raph!' We left Donnie out cause there wasn't a fourth. So I can really say that TMNT has been a big part of my life.

I remember even my first time cinema. I went with my big sister to see: 'The little Mermaid' and I saw the preview of the first movie. I was so excited. Not long after that we had the video's and when I was in boarding school or 'internaat' in my dutch tongue (sometimes my English is bad, excuse me ^^;)

I'm a comic-artist. For the moment, I'm doing a 'test-web-comic' kinda a 'portfolio' for future business which futures the guys with the "bad" guys. The main comic won't feature them. But we're testing how FAR we can go. Are we funny? To much Drama, more action. etc etc ...
It's kind of how I got here in the first place. I have the IDW comic's and 'Old Hob' got me thinking of 'Tiger Claw' in the 2012 series.

So I've been looking EVERYWHERE to get the right claims but 'Old Hob' is first (?) shown in publication 2011 - so yeah, I guess you can understand my frustration. I don't have the original 'older' comics to find out besides 'Archie' that there was a bad feline character.

So right now I'm toying with TC and OH .

After reading more and more on this forum, I became interested to become a part of it. To read and get opinions. So, nice to meet you all. I'm pretty 'shy' - but once you get to know me, I'm pretty crazy.

My favorite turtle boy is 'Leonardo' - Ever since I was a kid, ... Can't help it.
But I like them all to be honest. Just Leonardo sticks out for some reason, maybe because my favorite color is blue and pink.

No, I don't have an FC or OC that would spark a romance between guys.
At 1st of May the comic or 'test' web-comic will be online on my website and I'm very curious what people will think of it.

Since it's quite ... new, at least. I hope to go as far as possible with my imagination. The story does have a plot.

Ah, read this here, I'm blabbing to much. So YAY

I'm Kay!
Anything you want to ask, ... Go ahead :D

http://img13.deviantart.net/8b3a/i/2015/077/5/8/once_upon_a_blue_moon___promo_by_sahtori_kamaya-d8m8b0q.jpg

GoldMutant
04-23-2015, 01:13 PM
Pretty nice history with the franchise. I'll be interested in seeing your stories in the future too.

Either way, welcome aboard Kay! :tgrin:

Sahtori
04-23-2015, 01:16 PM
Why thank you kindly 'GoldMutant' ;)

I'm still checking 'how' it all works. I haven't been on a 'forum' for a long time. Last time was when TMo2F still existed. XD - 2001 - 2002

Gin Rummy
04-23-2015, 01:42 PM
Welcome to the Technodrome Forums! :)

Slade
04-23-2015, 01:42 PM
Welcome. I usually don't read long intros..but I did this time. You confused me.
Raph is your favorite? Leo is your favorite?

I'm kiddin ya. Enjoy the place.

Candy Kappa
04-23-2015, 01:47 PM
welcome to the 'Drome :)

GoldMutant
04-23-2015, 01:47 PM
Why thank you kindly 'GoldMutant' ;)

I'm still checking 'how' it all works. I haven't been on a 'forum' for a long time. Last time was when TMo2F still existed. XD - 2001 - 2002

I'm positive you got this. :P

blindturtle02
04-23-2015, 02:33 PM
Hey and welcome to the drome! Oh wow, don't even get me started on playing TMNT on the playground as a kid. I'd get to school an hour before class started when I was living in Hooks TX just to do the Turtles thing. Anywho, glad to meet ya and see ya around the forums.

pennydreadful
04-23-2015, 05:00 PM
Welcome to the forums - your artwork is beautiful! Hope you enjoy the place and that you make many new friends here. :tsmile:

Sahtori
04-23-2015, 05:47 PM
Heheh, in the 80's Raph was my favorite untill I wasn't allowed from my baby brother. Well by then the first movie was out and my brother played that movie all day long. Not just for weeks but for months.

I know the entire script, how to act XD
Also the Lion King.
My brother had asthma. So he didn't went to school in his toddler years.

So. I can start a conversation voicing myself as Splinter... "It's been 15 years before he decided to pick a new movie"

All day movies. When he got older of course more movies. But I know so many movie scripts, but knowing my history. Nope lol.

Leo's my favorite. I don't know why, as a kid because of "blue" and later because he can be calm in many situations.

But I like 'em all.

Thank you so much for these kind welcomes...

"Sensei... " *bows in respect*

Mayhem
04-23-2015, 06:07 PM
Welcome Kay, that art is pretty good :)

I was in Antwerp back in 2007, meeting up with a few folks I didn't know that well at the time, but got to know a lot better in later years. The airport is tiny! That's how I flew in from London City. It was over the Easter weekend iirc, and I was walking around with a rather satanic looking shirt on :lol:

(needless to say, I got a few looks from the locals hah hah)

Somehow I think you'll fit in just fine. Don't worry about the English, it's more than good enough to be understood!

senpai
04-23-2015, 09:37 PM
Pretty art! I wish I could draw/color like that. Amazing. Welcome to the Drome!

Sahtori
04-23-2015, 10:53 PM
Thank you all, means a lot to me.
I believe I'm coming to Manchester in July. My first convention.

I was in Florida (kinda everywhere) for 5 weeks. I'm almost 2 month's back home. (Booked wrong date or I would have been in megacon)

Yup airport is small. We have little planes XD

Anyone can draw. Just like they tell me: "practice, practice, practice"

senpai
04-23-2015, 11:03 PM
My friend went to megacon. I missed it this year :(

xD heeeeh. I can draw bubbly comic-esque animals that walk on their hind legs but that's about it. Like, if I ever wanted to draw myself, I wouldn't be a human. I'd be a mousey.

Blackeyedsonic
04-23-2015, 11:09 PM
Welcome to the drome and enjoy your stay

PangolinFeets
04-24-2015, 12:28 AM
Awesome to see another talented artist joining! (And you seem to have a knack for writing as well). I love fan creations so I'm looking forward to seeing what you make. :)
If you have questions about older characters in the comics, I'm sure we can help you out. There have been a few other feline characters in the older comics. And a brand new one was just introduced in the new Mutanimals.

Aside from that, Welcome aboard!

DarkFell
04-24-2015, 01:23 AM
Welcome aboard. I hope that you'll like it here, and I hope that you will continue to share more of your digital works.

As for your works, do you use Photoshop or SAI? Just curious.

Davin
04-24-2015, 07:27 AM
Welcome to the Drome. :tsmile:

Nice art! The coloring and textures especially. Do you have a link where we could see some more.
EDIT: just noticed your link in the sig.

Icebot
04-24-2015, 08:27 AM
Welcome aboard! Hope you enjoy it here!

Mayhem
04-24-2015, 11:28 AM
Thank you all, means a lot to me.
I believe I'm coming to Manchester in July. My first convention.
You're welcome... heh... it's not the UK Bronycon you're coming here for in July, by any chance? :D

Sahtori
04-24-2015, 11:32 AM
Oh my, I replied via my phone, but it looks like my reply didn't got through. It was 3AM after all.

@ Mayhem: Lol, yes Zaventem is a very small airport, we've got tiny planes too. But I can go with Jetairfly straight to Miami. Yoohoo. Yeah, we do look at people who are dressed "funny". But Belgian attitude is ... weird. We can be very tolerant but also our imagination can go very high. (BTW, I have a weird way of dressing myself so :p)

@Senpai: Dank U (dutch for Thank you) - I love the avatar btw. He's so adorable I'm gonna die!!! It's practice, just practice. I'm not 'great' - you'll never hear me say that. There's always room to improve yourself, remember in artwork, perfection isn't there. Never! Only the place to make it better ;)
Yeah, I noticed I logged the date in my laptop for Megacon, but the prices to fly to Miami and hoping my dad will drive me there (because I know no-one over there .... meep) is quite difficult. So *shakes shoulders* Nothing we can do about it eh.

@Blackeyedsonic: Why thank you <3

@PangolinFeets: What a lovely compliment, yes I write a lot of stories, I'm a story-writer and comic artist. hehehe. It's not that easy though, doctors declare you crazy, but to create a great story you have to visit the other 'worlds' from time to time. You have to 'live' in the story. It's kind of funny to write this down here as a 'newbie' on the forum, lol. But that's how I do it.
As for the feline's yes, I could use some help with that. The evolution of Tiger Claw and Old Hob - for now the pages are drawn with TC of course and I assumed that TC was OH - but OH is from 2011, no comic's beforehand of him. (Unless you grab Archie and I'd like to avoid them)

@DarkFell: Hello hello hello to you! I use Sai for inking (sometimes sketching) flat works and for some nice eye effects. Photoshop I use certain filters like: 'Levels' and 'Curves' to get more 'life' in the drawings :D

@Davin Yes, you can see already on Patreon/sahtori the TMNT work including the finished version of TMNT 04 - Page two is on it with FishFace and TigerClaw. I do ask 2$, but for a simple reason, this comic is 'none-profit' but I have people who dare to grab it and trace it and claim it as their own. I've worked for a themepark and I went through some problems before. The 2$ is just a lot of extra's, I make video's of how I'm inking, how I studied TigerClaw for example. I'm planning to make tutorials of TigerClaw for example what would be best for his markings. Because his markings are not easy XD - I'm not here to make 'commercial' for my Patreon though. But if you'd like to see more, there's the only place.

@Icebot, thank you so much, I think I will, no I'm sure I will.

@Mayhem *checks FB* https://www.facebook.com/events/881274118560023/ <- This one " Jul 25 - Manchester Comic con XD - yay, there's one in Belgium, at Flanders Expo Gent in September.

Mayhem
04-24-2015, 07:21 PM
Ah cool... I knew there was a Bronycon going on (don't ask how, no, I am not a Brony, I just know a fair few people who are), didn't know Manchester had a small comic convention going on there too. Any particular reason for this Manchester one, and not a larger one in London for example? :)

Sahtori
04-24-2015, 07:37 PM
Ah cool... I knew there was a Bronycon going on (don't ask how, no, I am not a Brony, I just know a fair few people who are), didn't know Manchester had a small comic convention going on there too. Any particular reason for this Manchester one, and not a larger one in London for example? :)

It's my first *blush* we'll see how I'll respond. Heheh.
I'm not a Brony but my work sells. Because they are limited edition. I rather keep original work limited.

Mayhem
04-27-2015, 02:30 AM
Well, I hope you have fun over here. First time to the UK, or you visited these shores before?

Sahtori
04-27-2015, 02:58 AM
Had a boyfriend years ago. Many, many years ago.
He lived and still does in the UK

I got introduced by Starbucks and Subway in the UK

D Piddy 1982
04-27-2015, 07:37 AM
Welcome aboard! Nice art!

Greetings fellow European! :D

Mayhem
04-27-2015, 06:04 PM
Had a boyfriend years ago. Many, many years ago.
He lived and still does in the UK
Well, I'm glad that hasn't put you off coming back here heh. We have a crazy sense of humour and morals. Okay, maybe that's just me :P

Hopefully we'll see some more of your art around here in the future...?

Sahtori
04-28-2015, 02:37 AM
I just updated my topic in the fanart area. 3 more days for the page update ;)

One thing I disliked about my ex. "Blow Me!" I know it was an expression. But in my country people turned around their heads with: "Did he just said what I think he just said?"

Also we aren't surprised to cross breaded dogs. Well we found a Shitzu and a bulldog. He called his dad to say: "Omfg dad, we found a real bullsh*t dog!"

Of course I was apologizing to the owner of the dog.
Fun times. Lol

Hello others from Europe. :-))

Mzx10484
05-03-2015, 02:03 PM
Hey hallo, welcome & greetings from Germany !!