PDA

View Full Version : An old piece I forgot I had

MsMarvelDuckie
05-05-2015, 03:28 AM
So I was messing around with some of my old stories from high school and stuff, and decided to look through some of my old poetry, when I ran across this little gem that I wrote way back when. See if you guys can guess what it's about!!

"Time Traveler's Delimma"

I made a quantum leap one day-
Where I landed I could not say.
Until I glanced around to find,
A horde of Samurai at my hind.
Now here I am in their castle's keep-
This adventure's enough to make anyone weep!

You might ask how I came to be here.
Well I tell you now, as I sit alone with my fear-
It was into a battle that I fell,
And let me tell you; war is hell!
I found myself on a horse the wrong way-
Then a low branch sent me into the hay.

As I lay with a drum pounding my poor head,
The encroaching soldiers filled me with dread.
And so I was caught, wondering how,
Shall I ever get out of my prison now?

And my sentence, (as far as I can see,)
Is to die by hanging from a tree!
After all this, all I can say,
Is this is a fitting end to a less than perfect day.
But if I ever get home, or when-
I swear I'll never travel in time again!

10-13-93

Okay, so the ending isn't quite the same, but it WAS inspired by- well, it should be pretty obvious. Mostly, I changed the end in the last verse just for fun. Because it's what probably WOULD have happened if he'd not been "rescued". (And I changed it to the castle instead of the village, just because.)

Mew
05-05-2015, 06:17 AM
TMNT 3? Nice poem!

Ravenshell
05-07-2015, 09:57 AM
That's pretty good for so long ago! Interesting choice of format, too. Were you studying poetry at the time, or was it just a hobby?

MsMarvelDuckie
05-08-2015, 05:43 PM
Thanks, Raven! No I've always enjoyed poetry, and I have quite a few others, as I mentioned in the earlier post. Most of it is in some notebooks, but I put some of them into my writing files to make a collection out of them. I used to write poems in high school a lot, but every now and then, I still get the urge to write one. In fact, when I was looking for some bank statements this morning for my apartment manger, I found one I wrote a couple of years ago while I was bored at work in the McD's drive through, LOL!

I honestly don't remember where that one came from, it just sort of popped into my head shortly after having seen the movie. I was also a big fan of Quantum Leap at the time, and somehow the two just seemed to fit together in my mind. And I'm suddenly getting a weird cross-over idea now.....