PDA

View Full Version : Are the episodes edited or am I missing something?

aliena
05-05-2015, 04:42 PM
I've been binge watching season one and I'm seeing things online that lead me to believe I'm missing scenes.

For instance, when the Triceratrons capture the guys they state that they are going to interrogate them, but there is no interrogating at all and I saw some pictures on here that show Raph looking like he was tortured and is crying afterwards. Is that from the same episode or another scene?

And Baxter is always showing up more and more injured. Shredder claims to be punishing him, is he the one who took his eye, his hand and crippled him? I've never seen him doing any of this, not that I want to see it. I just think I read somewhere that someone said something about how gruesome Baxter's torture was.

Then there is the fact that they had two episodes for the Hamptons? Leo is better in two episodes? Is that it or am I missing something?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
05-05-2015, 04:48 PM
I've been binge watching season one and I'm seeing things online that lead me to believe I'm missing scenes.

For instance, when the Triceratrons capture the guys they state that they are going to interrogate them, but there is no interrogating at all and I saw some pictures on here that show Raph looking like he was tortured and is crying afterwards. Is that from the same episode or another scene?

And Baxter is always showing up more and more injured. Shredder claims to be punishing him, is he the one who took his eye, his hand and crippled him? I've never seen him doing any of this, not that I want to see it. I just think I read somewhere that someone said something about how gruesome Baxter's torture was.

Then there is the fact that they had two episodes for the Hamptons? Leo is better in two episodes? Is that it or am I missing something?

No, there's no editing or anything. Just stuff like that happening off screen...

And yes, Shredder is the one dismembering Baxter. For obvious reasons, that all happens offscreen and is simply heavily implied.

The Triceraton example you listed is one I don't remember...

And yeah, Leo's recovery is rather quick. But seeing Raph and Leo in "Monster Hunter" is awesome. :tgrin:

aliena
05-05-2015, 05:11 PM
No, there's no editing or anything. Just stuff like that happening off screen...

And yes, Shredder is the one dismembering Baxter. For obvious reasons, that all happens offscreen and is simply heavily implied.

The Triceraton example you listed is one I don't remember...

And yeah, Leo's recovery is rather quick. But seeing Raph and Leo in "Monster Hunter" is awesome. :tgrin:

Okay, that's good. I was thinking things seemed to be too rushed at times. I think the scene of Raph crying is from another episode that maybe I haven't seen yet. I loved Raph and Leo in Monster Hunter. Those two would do anything for each other.

Jester
05-05-2015, 05:11 PM
Either Shredder, or in some cases Hun is the one doling out Baxter's "punishments".

As for Raph's interrogation, you sure the images aren't from Hun's interrogation of him in season 1?

ImmaAxolotl
05-05-2015, 05:33 PM
Okay, that's good. I was thinking things seemed to be too rushed at times. I think the scene of Raph crying is from another episode that maybe I haven't seen yet. I loved Raph and Leo in Monster Hunter. Those two would do anything for each other.

I think the reason why they rushed it is because they didn't have room left in the season for another episode of him recovering. Add to the fact that it's stated that they've been away for three months (as said in Return to New York Part 1), and it's pretty safe to assume that much of Leo's physical recovery was offscreen, while his emotional recovery was shown in "Monster Hunter"

The-Shredder
05-05-2015, 09:38 PM
It also helps to know that "The Shredder Strikes Back, Part 2" and "Tales of Leo" originally aired 3 months apart.

ImmaAxolotl
05-06-2015, 07:23 AM
It also helps to know that "The Shredder Strikes Back, Part 2" and "Tales of Leo" originally aired 3 months apart.

They did? Wow! You know, I like how time in real life affects time in the show- it adds a sort of realism. :)

CyberCubed
05-06-2015, 12:46 PM
They spend 4 episodes in Northampton in early Season 4, so there's more stuff at the farmhouse later on.

TheSkeletonMan939
05-06-2015, 01:46 PM
I've never seen him doing any of this, not that I want to see it.

Oh boy, you'll love Insane in the Membrane.

CyberCubed
05-06-2015, 03:29 PM
People really thought they would show Baxter being mutilated in a children's cartoon show? Of course all that stuff would be off-screen.

aliena
05-06-2015, 03:44 PM
People really thought they would show Baxter being mutilated in a children's cartoon show? Of course all that stuff would be off-screen.

I obviously didn't think they'd show it, but I thought they would at least show someone coming at him with intent in their eyes or possibly a weapon of some kind and Baxter looking scared before the screen goes black.

BTW, I think it was very stupid of Shredder to do that kind of damage to his best scientist. If they took his eye and hand and he still continued to be bad, or fail Shredder, then why keep damaging him? I know they did it to transform Baxter more and more, but I just think Shredder could come up with a better way to punish him than to mutilate him.

TheSkeletonMan939
05-06-2015, 04:23 PM
I obviously didn't think they'd show it, but I thought they would at least show someone coming at him with intent in their eyes or possibly a weapon of some kind and Baxter looking scared before the screen goes black.

That's exactly what we see in Insane in the Membrane.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
05-06-2015, 05:24 PM

BTW, I think it was very stupid of Shredder to do that kind of damage to his best scientist. If they took his eye and hand and he still continued to be bad, or fail Shredder, then why keep damaging him? I know they did it to transform Baxter more and more, but I just think Shredder could come up with a better way to punish him than to mutilate him.

Yeah, I've always assumed that somewhere offscreen before the first episode, Stockman was bragging too much about his brilliant intellect and Shredder pointedly made some sort of comment that if all that mattered was his brain, he'd make sure to remember that should Stockman ever fail him.

Man, Shredder was a SADIST.

That's exactly what we see in Insane in the Membrane.

Insane was INSANE. :tlol:

Xav
05-06-2015, 06:03 PM
Either Shredder, or in some cases Hun is the one doling out Baxter's "punishments".Well it was implied it was mainly done by Hun.

CyberCubed
05-06-2015, 06:06 PM
The reason they got away with Baxter's mutilations is also because Baxter was always so arrogant and tough even after something bad happened to him. I mean the guy comes back after getting his eye ripped out or his legs broken and he's still scheming his plans.

Even when he's just a head he goes around acting like nothing bad happened and continues on with his attitude. Baxter's arrogance is what made him great.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
05-06-2015, 06:25 PM
The reason they got away with Baxter's mutilations is also because Baxter was always so arrogant and tough even after something bad happened to him. I mean the guy comes back after getting his eye ripped out or his legs broken and he's still scheming his plans.

Even when he's just a head he goes around acting like nothing bad happened and continues on with his attitude. Baxter's arrogance is what made him great.

You'd think he'd wise up once he was just a talking grey cauliflower in a tank of saline solution, but noooooo... :tlol:

Netkeeper
05-07-2015, 03:20 AM
Baxter's arrogance is what made him great.
You can say that again. I love Baxter.