PDA

View Full Version : This show has a lot of sad moments

ImmaAxolotl
05-08-2015, 05:08 PM
I was watching this show (yet again) when I realized just how many depressing moments it had. But how many moments did it have exactly? Thus I made this; basically just list sad moments you remember from this cartoon and I'll tally them here.

-Tang Shen's death (suggested by CyberCubed)
-Casey visiting his father's grave (suggested by neatoman)
-Baxter's flashbacks in Insane in the Membrane (suggested by neatoman)
-Yoshi's orb getting smashed (suggested by neatoman)
-Zog's self sacrifice (suggested by neatoman)
-Kirby getting stuck in the other dimension (suggested by neatoman)
-Fugitoid's death (suggested by neatoman)
-Nano (suggested by Mellie)
-This fanart of SAINW (http://i.imgur.com/CcykjmN.jpg) (suggested by Shark Blade)
-Finn's fate (suggested by ImmaAxoltol)
-The mutated people from the Underground episodes (suggested by ImmaAxoltol)
-Good Genes (suggested by ImmaAxolotl)
-Same As It Never Was (suggested by xbennoda)
-Yoshi getting promoted while Mashimi didn't [and the latter's eventual death] (suggested by megashredder)
-Tales of Leo (suggested by Klunk1234)
-Stockman being reduced to a brain in a jar who is shocked into designing robots for the Shredder (suggested by megashredder)

CyberCubed
05-08-2015, 07:43 PM
Tang Shen's death was probably the saddest because she was an innocent and she was just a human girl, not some mutant/alien/monster or whatever.

ImmaAxolotl
05-08-2015, 07:57 PM
Tang Shen's death was probably the saddest because she was an innocent and she was just a human girl, not some mutant/alien/monster or whatever.

Okay! Adding that to the tally!

GiveMeBackMyRaphXLeo
05-08-2015, 08:35 PM
Snap out of it, nick has way more

neatoman
05-09-2015, 12:56 AM
Let's see now.

Speaking of Tang Shen, considering that Mashimi begs for forgivness as he dies could make Yoshi killing him be considered sad.

Casey visiting his father's grave.

Baxter's flashbacks in Insane in the Membrane.

Yoshi's orb getting smashed.

Zog's self sacrifice.

Kirby getting stuck in the other dimension.

Fugitoid's death (he came back but still).

Aaronardo
05-09-2015, 07:49 AM
Probably more heartwarming than sad, but Raph attempting to land on Leo as he dies in Same As It Never Was.

nylemon
05-10-2015, 08:25 PM
Zog sacrificed himself fighting shredder

nylemon
05-10-2015, 08:26 PM
Let's see now.

Speaking of Tang Shen, considering that Mashimi begs for forgivness as he dies could make Yoshi killing him be considered sad.

Zog's self sacrifice.

Did't notice, you already metioned it Zog

Mellie
05-10-2015, 08:52 PM
Nano :cry:

Shark_Blade
05-10-2015, 11:05 PM
http://i.imgur.com/CcykjmN.jpg (rcaptain.deviantart.com/art/TMNT-fan-art-22-117833937)

ImmaAxolotl
05-11-2015, 09:20 AM
Let's see now.

Zog's self sacrifice.

Nano :cry:

http://i.imgur.com/CcykjmN.jpg (rcaptain.deviantart.com/art/TMNT-fan-art-22-117833937)

Alrighty! Putting up tallies now!

slashpieturtlemix
05-11-2015, 10:15 AM
lol wow and here I forgot how depressing this show could have been!

ImmaAxolotl
05-11-2015, 06:54 PM
There's also Finn from Season 4 (I can't remember the label they used for him), the fate of the underground people (like Sidney), and the Good Genes episodes. It seems like the stories where someone's turned into a monster that are the most painful to watch...

xbennoda
05-28-2015, 05:59 PM
Same As It Never Was. Nothing more to say. :cry::cry::cry::cry:

ImmaAxolotl
05-29-2015, 12:08 PM
Indeed! The feeling of hopelessness reminded me of the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Explorers games, and even though the heroes won in the end, it was at an awful price...

megashredder
06-13-2015, 07:34 PM
That was one of the reason's he killed Tang,shen and joined the foot.

Which eventually cost him his life...

LS Animation
06-14-2015, 07:10 AM
That's why I prefer 2003 over 2012, while they both are great and so much fun, I always prefer darker shows. It's easier to relate to life.

ImmaAxolotl
06-14-2015, 08:49 AM
That was one of the reason's he killed Tang,shen and joined the foot.

Which eventually cost him his life...

That is pretty sad, now that I think about it! I can't believe I missed it! Adding now!

That's why I prefer 2003 over 2012, while they both are great and so much fun, I always prefer darker shows. It's easier to relate to life.

It is, isn't it? It also helps you prepare for how dark life can be, which I love.

megashredder
06-14-2015, 04:37 PM
On a foot lab, being forced to create y2k 2003 ft mchs that look lke foot gunner's as well as the 87 foot nj's

ImmaAxolotl
06-16-2015, 10:14 AM
On a foot lab, being forced to create y2k 2003 ft mchs that look lke foot gunner's as well as the 87 foot nj's

I'm sorry, but I don't quite understand what you're trying to say.

Klunk1234
07-07-2015, 01:47 PM
There is an episode of the 2k3 series when the turtles are fighting against a monster; they haver no idea but this poor guy once was a human that suddenly disappears, but he always pass by his house where his wife and young daughter still live. It was a sad episode, but I don't remember the name of it.

Tales of Leo was pretty sad, too.

DarkLightDragon
07-07-2015, 03:27 PM
There is an episode of the 2k3 series when the turtles are fighting against a monster; they haver no idea but this poor guy once was a human that suddenly disappears, but he always pass by his house where his wife and young daughter still live. It was a sad episode, but I don't remember the name of it.

It's called Dragon's Brew.

And they had a son, not a daughter.

Cipher
07-07-2015, 05:02 PM
You think that's bad, you should read the Mirage comics sometime, in which the Turtles are basically walking timebombs of sorrow for those around them.

But, yeah, early seasons of this show, while still light enough to play to children, took their cues from that book and the vibe that co-creator Peter Laird wanted the series to have.

megashredder
07-20-2015, 06:36 PM
Season 2 stockman whose brain was floating in a tank being shocked into designing robot's that look like the foot gunner's from the 2003 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle's video game....

ImmaAxolotl
08-05-2015, 09:20 PM

That dude's fate is already up! His name is Finn, I believe. I'll add Tales of Leo

Season 2 stockman whose brain was floating in a tank being shocked into designing robot's that look like the foot gunner's from the 2003 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle's video game....

Okay! I'll add this as well!