PDA

View Full Version : Will Krang ever show up?

Yabuturtle
05-26-2015, 11:21 AM
I actually find it strange that Krang still hasn't shown up in live action movies. He was in Turtles Forver but it was animated and he didn't have a big role in their. Shredder was in many of the movies, and I hear Bebop and Rocksteady will show up in the next Turtles movie but I heard Krang wasn't going to be in there.

Isn't it strange for Krang to still not show up or even have the Technodrome or Rock Soldiers appearing? How do you ignore someone like Krang? He was one of the main villains in the 1987 show. Some would debate that he was the main villain overall. He's a bigger threat, has a bigger army, controls more territory and has the Technodrome and they still haven't made a movie showing him as the main villain? I just find it strange.

IndigoErth
05-26-2015, 11:27 AM
Well, there's recent rumor Krang might be in this next one. (Though personally I'm remaining skeptical until actual confirmation.)

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
05-26-2015, 01:38 PM
Michael Bay is mining the Fred Wolf cartoon pretty much exclusively for the Platinum Dunes movie series. It's a given that Krang will show up. If not in the sequel, the third movie.

Jester
05-26-2015, 04:59 PM
"Sources" say that Krang is on board:
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-2-Bring-Back-Classic-Villain-71524.html

Galactus
05-26-2015, 05:57 PM
I actually find it strange that Krang still hasn't shown up in live action movies. He was in Turtles Forver but it was animated and he didn't have a big role in their. Shredder was in many of the movies, and I hear Bebop and Rocksteady will show up in the next Turtles movie but I heard Krang wasn't going to be in there.

Isn't it strange for Krang to still not show up or even have the Technodrome or Rock Soldiers appearing? How do you ignore someone like Krang? He was one of the main villains in the 1987 show. Some would debate that he was the main villain overall. He's a bigger threat, has a bigger army, controls more territory and has the Technodrome and they still haven't made a movie showing him as the main villain? I just find it strange.

Well the 1990 movie veered more with it's plot and visual style towards the original Mirage comics than the animated series.

The sequels obviously went more cartoony but even then I think there was some pretension of them being more comic based. TMNT II had the beginnings of the TCRI plot set aside for original Tokka, Rahzar and Vanilla Ice shenanigans and TMNT III seemed to take it's cue of a time travel story to Feudal Japan from Mike Dooney's Masks even if that's where the similarities end.

Also I can't imagine for a moment 90s special effects could do Krang and the Technodrome and Rock soldiers justice. Heck considering that the budget for the current movie just about managed to scrape by motion capturing four turtles, Splinter and Shredder I don't think they could do it justice now.

Shark_Blade
05-26-2015, 06:03 PM
3rd times the charm. :tlove:

Oh, TMNT 2016 possibly will have him? Excellent.

Yabuturtle
05-26-2015, 08:09 PM
Well the 1990 movie veered more with it's plot and visual style towards the original Mirage comics than the animated series.

The sequels obviously went more cartoony but even then I think there was some pretension of them being more comic based. TMNT II had the beginnings of the TCRI plot set aside for original Tokka, Rahzar and Vanilla Ice shenanigans and TMNT III seemed to take it's cue of a time travel story to Feudal Japan from Mike Dooney's Masks even if that's where the similarities end.

Also I can't imagine for a moment 90s special effects could do Krang and the Technodrome and Rock soldiers justice. Heck considering that the budget for the current movie just about managed to scrape by motion capturing four turtles, Splinter and Shredder I don't think they could do it justice now.

I think they could have done Krang decently. Krang could be a puppet or an animatronic of some kind. Or they could have used stop motion. With the budget they had before, maybe not but after making a lot of money on the first movie I think could have pulled it off. Technodrome would have been easy. Like how they did the Death Star in those Star Wars movies where all of the ships are actually miniature. I don't think Rock Soldier make up would have been that difficult. Does anyone remember the Rock Biter from The Never Ending Story? Imagine that but with a Rock Soldier outfit.

Galactus
05-26-2015, 09:03 PM
Believe it or not the three 90s TMNT movies were indie productions so I don't think they would have had a budget for all that. Not without it looking too hokey.

And also I think there was some pretense that they were keeping the movies as based on the comics (with some elements of the cartoon) even if only one could really say that without reaching and since Krang was created purely for the animated series I don't think he'd have been on the cards.

TheCanadiandrome
05-27-2015, 12:01 AM
Give me a LA Technodrome! I've been dreamin about it for years

Yabuturtle
05-27-2015, 08:18 AM
Believe it or not the three 90s TMNT movies were indie productions so I don't think they would have had a budget for all that. Not without it looking too hokey.

And also I think there was some pretense that they were keeping the movies as based on the comics (with some elements of the cartoon) even if only one could really say that without reaching and since Krang was created purely for the animated series I don't think he'd have been on the cards.

They were indie productions but they did make a lot of money. It'd take effort to make the Technodrome but I don't think it'd be impossible or anything. I mean there was Tokka and Rahzar that weren't in the comics and there was that guy with the birdcage in TMNT 3 which I don't recall seeing in the comics.

I hope they change the design of the Turtles. I perosonally never liked it too much. Their faces or their body type as they are all friggin huge, especially for teenagers. They look more like tortoises than turtles.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Tortoises. I wonder how well that'd do.

blindturtle02
05-27-2015, 09:40 AM
Cool to hear he's coming. I'd hope that they'd get Pat Fraley to do the voice similar to bringing Peter Cullen in as Optimus in the Transformers movies. Buuuut they'll probably opt to get somebody else. I'd also like to see a la technodrome and Dimension X invasion at some point. I've always liked the rock soldiers better than the Foot, so I've got my fingers crossed.

Candy Kappa
05-27-2015, 09:46 AM
They were indie productions but they did make a lot of money. It'd take effort to make the Technodrome but I don't think it'd be impossible or anything. I mean there was Tokka and Rahzar that weren't in the comics and there was that guy with the birdcage in TMNT 3 which I don't recall seeing in the comics..

Tokka and Rahzar was a compromise, as Eastman and Laird didn't want Bebop and Rocksteady in the movie

Yabuturtle
05-27-2015, 10:53 AM
Tokka and Rahzar was a compromise, as Eastman and Laird didn't want Bebop and Rocksteady in the movie

True although they still weren't in the comics though. What about that guy with the bird cage in TMNT 3? Or actually what about Master Tatsu? I don't remember seeing him in the comics. A shame because I would have wanted to see Bebop and Rocksteady.

Powder
05-27-2015, 02:19 PM
The first movie was VERY comic oriented, at least storywise. That's what they're talking about.

Yabuturtle
06-02-2015, 07:53 PM
Cool to hear he's coming. I'd hope that they'd get Pat Fraley to do the voice similar to bringing Peter Cullen in as Optimus in the Transformers movies. Buuuut they'll probably opt to get somebody else. I'd also like to see a la technodrome and Dimension X invasion at some point. I've always liked the rock soldiers better than the Foot, so I've got my fingers crossed.

They probably will get someone else, but having Pat Fraley return would be amazing as he's the best as Krang. But it could happen. If they could get Peter Cullen to do Optimus Prime after all these years, it's possible they could have Pat Fraley return. I wonder how the Rock Soldiers would look. Or who would play General Tragg.

Powder
06-02-2015, 09:18 PM
I love Pat as much as the next guy, maybe even more, but there's no way a Krang that looks like the concept art we've seen (i.e. a terrifying creature with black eyes & sharp teeth) is gonna sound the way he does. It'd be like having Barry Gordon do Donatello. The look of these "realistic" monsters does not match the flamboyant cartoon chops of the old cast.

TigerClaw
06-02-2015, 09:23 PM
We don't really know how Krang will look like, But he will probably have a classic style design or something.

Powder
06-02-2015, 09:33 PM
The 3 pieces of concept art we got are a pretty good indication of the general vibe he'll have, I'm sure. They're not gonna make the turtles look as they do & then completely clash with that style-wise by making Krang be a dead ringer for his OT counterpart.

Andrew NDB
06-04-2015, 07:04 PM
Well, there's recent rumor Krang might be in this next one. (Though personally I'm remaining skeptical until actual confirmation.)

http://33.media.tumblr.com/12bcc6dcef2f059d54047795b861d634/tumblr_noj3lf1eTx1tlb56zo1_400.gif

LS Animation
06-10-2015, 10:59 AM
My guess is they will be in the 3rd film, perhaps we'll get a tiny teaser or a hint of them in the 2nd one :)

THGhost
06-15-2015, 05:38 PM
I'd like him to be in the 2016 movie, but it's already looking a little crowded. Maybe in the 3rd movie.

MutantBear
06-15-2015, 06:05 PM
I could see there being an after credits scene with Krang in the 2016 movie... but it probably won't happen.

Powder
06-15-2015, 06:57 PM
Krang was confirmed to be a part of this movie weeks ago, guys.

Jester
06-15-2015, 06:58 PM
I wonder if we'll see Krang too. I'm waiting with baited breath...

"Sources" say that Krang is on board:
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-2-Bring-Back-Classic-Villain-71524.html

Oh.....

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-15-2015, 07:02 PM
Krang was confirmed to be a part of this movie weeks ago, guys.

Confirmed? Really? I only remember the rumor...

Powder
06-15-2015, 07:11 PM
Kevin confirmed it by accident on Facebook (& in a podcast too, I think). Rather than mentioning the rumors he straight up said that they had "announced Krang".

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-15-2015, 07:24 PM
Kevin confirmed it by accident on Facebook (& in a podcast too, I think). Rather than mentioning the rumors he straight up said that they had "announced Krang".

I REALLY hope it's an end-credits scene setting up the third movie.

But we all know that ain't gonna be the case. :tgrumble:

Ceres
06-20-2015, 05:52 AM
I am one of the few people who are curious about this movie to be honest, a huge reason is because i hope to finally see a life action version of Krang(which i really hope will happen :D).

Yabuturtle
06-20-2015, 06:26 PM
I REALLY hope it's an end-credits scene setting up the third movie.

But we all know that ain't gonna be the case. :tgrumble:

I wish they would kind or act out the scene from Episode 2 of the 1987 series which I think would be perfect set up for a third movie.

Krang: Ah, Saki, my old friend.

Shredder: I told you. Call me the Shredder.

Krang: You wouldn't be shredding anything if it weren't for me.

*shows dramatic close up of Krang on his little tripod* xD

KrangRules33
06-21-2015, 12:49 PM
I messaged Kevin on Facebook and instead of getting the "wait and see" comment I expected, I flat out asked "will Krang be making his cinematic debut in TMNT2?" Kevin writes back: "yes he will...2016!"

So excited...what I would love to see happen would be after the Turtles defeat Shredder and his goons, they are celebrating, maybe walking towards a pizza joint when all of the sudden a dimensional portal opens up and out comes Rock Soldiers galore, with General Traag leading them, then they make way for Krang in his android body (or a variation of it kind of like his General Krang armor in the new comic) declaring that Earth will be conquered by Dimension X...leading to part 3 where the Technodrome is ready for invasion.

Yabuturtle
06-22-2015, 08:18 AM
I messaged Kevin on Facebook and instead of getting the "wait and see" comment I expected, I flat out asked "will Krang be making his cinematic debut in TMNT2?" Kevin writes back: "yes he will...2016!"

So excited...what I would love to see happen would be after the Turtles defeat Shredder and his goons, they are celebrating, maybe walking towards a pizza joint when all of the sudden a dimensional portal opens up and out comes Rock Soldiers galore, with General Traag leading them, then they make way for Krang in his android body (or a variation of it kind of like his General Krang armor in the new comic) declaring that Earth will be conquered by Dimension X...leading to part 3 where the Technodrome is ready for invasion.

That would be pretty cool, although it would be different to see Krang without Shredder, since they always worked together. But it'd be a good set up to have Krang be the final villain for the trilogy. Maybe he could turn into a giant like he did in the cartoon, too.

Foombamaroom
06-22-2015, 08:45 AM
That would be pretty cool, although it would be different to see Krang without Shredder, since they always worked together. But it'd be a good set up to have Krang be the final villain for the trilogy. Maybe he could turn into a giant like he did in the cartoon, too.

It'd be cool to see Shredder and Krang against each other like they are in IDW. I really want Krang, but if they save him for the last ten minutes of part 2, that's kind of wasteful. Unless you used him in 3, having him in 2 would be a complete waste of the character. But, hey, knowing the writers that are attached to this movie, it seems like something they'd do. After all, the Blue Door script KILLED Krang and gave him 2 lines of dialogue.

Ceres
06-22-2015, 09:22 AM
It'd be cool to see Shredder and Krang against each other like they are in IDW. I really want Krang, but if they save him for the last ten minutes of part 2, that's kind of wasteful. Unless you used him in 3, having him in 2 would be a complete waste of the character. But, hey, knowing the writers that are attached to this movie, it seems like something they'd do. After all, the Blue Door script KILLED Krang and gave him 2 lines of dialogue.

Was Krang already in an life action movie because you write that they killed off Krang only giving him 2 lines of dialogue? Or is this another script for the first movie that got scrapped?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-22-2015, 09:52 AM
Was Krang already in an life action movie because you write that they killed off Krang only giving him 2 lines of dialogue? Or is this another script for the first movie that got scrapped?

Script for the first movie (Blue Door ) that got scrapped.

'Cause aliens, mutant turtle babes, alien Shredder, and just... just SO MUCH WTF.

Oh, and Leo eye-f***ing Raph. Kid you not.

Ceres
06-22-2015, 09:53 AM

'Cause aliens, mutant turtle babes, alien Shredder, and just... just SO MUCH WTF.

Okay...that's...unusual...*sweat*

Foombamaroom
06-22-2015, 09:58 AM

It's funny because you'd think that the one good thing about that script would be the action scenes... Nope. They were short and kept cutting away from the action to Casey and April.

Kintarovsky
06-22-2015, 04:04 PM

Who is Kevin?

Jester
06-22-2015, 04:07 PM
Who is Kevin?

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9ffnrV95U1r1vzzeo2_500.jpg

TMNT co-creator Kevin Eastman.

Kintarovsky
06-23-2015, 09:23 AM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9ffnrV95U1r1vzzeo2_500.jpg

TMNT co-creator Kevin Eastman.

Oh I see. I know who Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird are, but I thought that "kevin" was someone from the cast. That's why I asked. Thanks.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-23-2015, 09:39 AM
It's funny because you'd think that the one good thing about that script would be the action scenes... Nope. They were short and kept cutting away from the action to Casey and April.

The Bebop and Rocksteady versus Splinter was pretty good. I kinda hope they reuse that part of the script.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
06-25-2015, 01:03 PM
Krang or Utroms doesn't matter, just give us a mutagen with the mutagen's extraterrestrial origin!

Galactus
06-25-2015, 03:20 PM
I'd have to re-read the Blue Door script but wasn't the NYC Police doing battle with Krang's invading soldiers?

Now that we have the police playing a significant role in the sequel I'm going to go out on a limb and say we'll see that occurring in the movie. Sadly I think we'll be seeing a lot of that Blue Door script in the sequel.

Foombamaroom
06-26-2015, 11:49 AM
I'd have to re-read the Blue Door script but wasn't the NYC Police doing battle with Krang's invading soldiers?

Now that we have the police playing a significant role in the sequel I'm going to go out on a limb and say we'll see that occurring in the movie. Sadly I think we'll be seeing a lot of that Blue Door script in the sequel.

Shhhhhhhh.
We can still have hope.
We can still have hope that that script will never see the light of day in any form.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-26-2015, 12:02 PM

I don't really remember... but yeah, we probably will.

Shhhhhhhh.
We can still have hope.
We can still have hope that that script will never see the light of day in any form.

We can hope for 40% of the movie to be watchable... i.e. the part with the Turtles and nobody else.

Foombamaroom
06-26-2015, 12:25 PM
We can hope for 40% of the movie to be watchable... i.e. the part with the Turtles and nobody else.
*Megan Fox proceeds to insert herself into these scenes.*

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-26-2015, 02:31 PM
*Megan Fox proceeds to insert herself into these scenes.*

*Megan Fox insertion joke*

Foombamaroom
06-26-2015, 05:04 PM
*Megan Fox insertion joke*

*Michael Bay inserting himself into Megan Fox joke.*

Wolfie65
06-29-2015, 07:56 AM
Krang + Rocksteady + Bebop + Karai + Shredder + Megan as a schoolgirl + a whole bunch of uddah stuff....they don't plan on a 3rd movie, do they.....?
As for special effects, I recall a 1940's or 50's Sci-Fi movie in which they had a real tarantula crawling over a model landscape, 'bout as basic as special effects can get, but VERY effective. Looked real, 'cause...it was.
Surely someone in the multi-gabazillion-$$$$$ universe inhabited by Michael-Steven Bay-Spielberg knows a down-and-out tech geek who can conjure up a good CGI Krang for a couple of bags of Cheetos.