PDA

View Full Version : What I'd Like to See in TMNT IDW

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
05-26-2015, 05:26 PM
My own personal wishlist for what I really want to see in future storylines of TMNT:

Leatherhead (I think I speak for us all)
Agent Bishop
Mikey and the Mutanimals
A follow-up to Mikey's micro-issue "The Dresden Heist" in some form or fashion (it's the only issue of IDW's TMNT to not be connected to the overarching story in any way)
Raphael and Old Hob forced to work together for a mission
Some form of adapting some part of The Next Mutation (if IDW can adapt the Mighty Mutanimals and Donny's death and cyborgification, they can spin gold out of TNM's straw, too)

There are plenty of other cool ideas, which I have no doubt you guys will tack on, but that's my personal to-die-for pretty-please wishlist for the IDW team. :toops:

PangolinFeets
05-26-2015, 05:46 PM
Thise are some good ones. I'd love to see more Mikey orientation. And I'm looking forward to LH still.

Right now the absolute top of my list is an Angel/Alopex micro. I'd love to see that happen! Their BroTP is one of my favorite things in the series now.
I'd also like to see Koya and Bludgeon get to do more, but it looks like they're gonna get some spotlight in the next few issues.

I'd also like to see Leo get a buddy. I feel like he's close with Splinter and his brothers, but doesn't have a 3rd party personal relationship with anyone like the others do. Raph has Casey and Alopex, Mikey has Woody and Slash, Donnie has April and Harold and Fugitoid. It'd be cool to see Leo have a relationship with someone other than his immediate family (I nominate Angel). I feel like the convos the turtles get with the secondary and tertiary cast gives us some of the most insight into their true feelings.

I'd also love a story that focuses on the growing mutant population in NYC. This could segway into a Bishop story. Angel talked about mutants like they were a problem on the streets so it has to be somewhat well-established info that mutants exist. What is NYC gonna do about it? I'd like something just addressing that the world is recognizing these issues. Did anyone know about Burnow island or did the world's scientists just miss that part of Earth has a different atmosphere now?

Powder
05-26-2015, 06:49 PM
-I wanna see Dragonlord & Vam Mi from The Next Mutation. I'm also open to the other villains, Bonesteel, Dr. Quease, even Silver. They've all got great potential. I'd like to see the aliens from that one cover of Utrom Empire get explored. The original characters from the old live action flicks would be great to see too, Tatsu especially, assuming they're not owned by Golden Harvest or whoever else.

-Seemed like they were making reference to the Sons Of The Silent age sea creatures & Vol. 4's tree people, but it was nothing more than a cover, I guess. So other races from TMNT lore getting introduced would be neat. The big hermit crab creatures from Fugitoid's debut would be awesome see return, if only briefly.

-I'd like to see the battle nexus re-visted (which is a great place to give old characters a cameo, be they from the vintage toyline or 4kids series or whatever) & more like it- time travel, dimension hopping, that kinda thing.

-More crossovers, & not just with other properties. I'd like to see the IDW turtles meet the Mirage and/or Archie turtles. A Turtles Forever for the comics done as a collaborative effort between IDW & Mirage guys. But maybe have their collective memory of the event wiped at the end so as not to mess with anyone's continuity. :trazz:

-Still want some more influence from sources other than the OT. Pull some more from Image/4kids/Mirage/etc.

-I'm craving a Triceraton arc. Let's dooo iiiit.

-Robots! I feel like that's something this series lacks, besides Metalhead & Fugitoid. Bad guy robots, that's what I want. New ones, old ones, I don't care. I'd love to see Chrome Dome, for one thing.

I'd also like to see Leo get a buddy. I feel like he's close with Splinter and his brothers, but doesn't have a 3rd party personal relationship with anyone like the others do. Raph has Casey and Alopex, Mikey has Woody and Slash, Donnie has April and Harold and Fugitoid. It'd be cool to see Leo have a relationship with someone other than his immediate family (I nominate Angel). I feel like the convos the turtles get with the secondary and tertiary cast gives us some of the most insight into their true feelings.

As a Leonardo fan, I do not want this. I think part of Leo's appeal is that he doesn't have that. Raph always gets the loner angle but at the end of the day he always ends up grounding himself & talking out his problems with someone, be it Casey, Splinter, Alopex, whomever. Leonardo may not break away or abandon his family but he's very much a loner in the sense that he shoulders the burdens himself. He doesn't like to let his guard down or let people inside his head, that's part of the leader experience for him. He has to be strong for everyone else's sake, put on a brave face, etc. But that fuels him, when he overcomes those personal struggles on his own it makes him that much stronger. If he were to have an acquaintance, I'd rather them be a training partner more than anything else. Fill the kinda role that Usagi would, were he a part of this series. Maybe I'm selfish because I identify with that aspect of Leo & wanna maintain that connection, but really, that's how it is. I'm not projecting for my own enjoyment's sake. :trazz: I suppose it could be cool if someone free & loose took him somewhere to show him a good time & break away from the stoic hero shtick for a little bit, but I dunno that I'd want it to be a regular thing.

One idea that could work would be giving Leonardo a friend he meets in the astral plane while meditating. He doesn't see their true form but knows they're not human, they bond over that. Turns out they're trapped there & are using him to break out. Make it Dragon Lord. Boooooom. Leonardo feels betrayed, he's gotta struggle with trust & vulnerability again, blah blah blah. Easy peasy.

MikeandRaph87
05-26-2015, 07:06 PM
Leatherhead like most ther,however I want to see him as a villain.

Agree on Agent Bishop. Another fun charfacter. Bishop is layered and its a good angle to have a villain think he is doing good.

Hope for more with the Battle Nexus angle and what could come from that. Traximus? Usagi? Armaggon somehow involved in this or time travel?

spookycookies
05-26-2015, 07:13 PM
So many great ideas here. I really want IDW to keep up on their original ideas as well as mixing in good chunks of established TMNT characters and concepts. It reminds me of the best parts of the ultimate marvel universe with none of the growing pains.

Leo should have more of a connection to the world beyond his family. Maybe since he's so spiritual he would be able to be closer friends to Radical... (I don't expect anything like Tales v2 but I'd like to she her and Carnage in the IDWverse.)

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
05-26-2015, 07:15 PM
As a Leonardo fan, I do not want this. I think part of Leo's appeal is that he doesn't have that. Raph always gets the loner angle but at the end of the day he always ends up grounding himself & talking out his problems with someone, be it Casey, Splinter, Alopex, whomever. Leonardo may not break away or abandon his family but he's very much a loner in the sense that he shoulders the burdens himself. He doesn't like to let his guard down or let people inside his head, that's part of the leader experience for him. He has to be strong for everyone else's sake, put on a brave face, etc. But that fuels him, when he overcomes those personal struggles on his own it makes him that much stronger. If he were to have an acquaintance, I'd rather them be a training partner more than anything else. Fill the kinda role that Usagi would, were he a part of this series. Maybe I'm selfish because I identify with that aspect of Leo & wanna maintain that connection, but really, that's how it is. I'm not projecting for my own enjoyment's sake. :trazz: I suppose it could be cool if someone free & loose took him somewhere to show him a good time & break away from the stoic hero shtick for a little bit, but I dunno that I'd want it to be a regular thing.

One idea that could work would be giving Leonardo a friend he meets in the astral plane while meditating. He doesn't see their true form but knows they're not human, they bond over that. Turns out they're trapped there & are using him to break out. Make it Dragon Lord. Boooooom. Leonardo feels betrayed, he's gotta struggle with trust & vulnerability again, blah blah blah. Easy peasy.

I never understood why Leo never had a human counterpart... that's a really neat observation!!!

And I love the Dragon Lord idea. That ROCKS.

Cryomancer
05-26-2015, 07:16 PM
I want Karai to kill Shredder and maybe someday Krang too if he comes back.

I wanna see what happens with the utrom island left behind. Bishop could be involved there somehow. I'd like Leatherhead to be there, as a scientist. I don't know that I like the idea, but maybe they'll mutate Harold, or one of the scientist ladies in the Mutanimals comic.

Battle Nexus is always a great potential concept as long as they do something with it. Mirage was starting to but didn't really get into the meat of it yet, in 2k3 it was sort of like a summer camp or something for the TMNT. I want to characters to meet themselves and stuff.

Leonardo having an actual friend is sort of weird, I agree with the training partner concept though. Usagi is decent for that, but I think Karai is also often that role for him, someone to test himself against and "swords sharpening swords" and all that. Perhaps an alternate Leonardo in the Battle Nexus would work there. That idea above of meeting someone in meditation is a neat idea too.

Panda_Kahn_fan
05-26-2015, 07:55 PM
the two characters I would love to see the most in IDW are Mona Lisa and dragon lord.I have a way I'd work them in (might write it) but I'd love to see what tom would do.

Metalhead 2.0
05-26-2015, 08:20 PM
Oh, man. I have so many ideas, but I just don't have time to tell you all of them right now!

spookycookies
05-26-2015, 08:26 PM
While still on the topic of Leonardo matchmaking: How about that ex-foot Ninja with the Scar... was his name Scar? I forget. He was in Tales v2. He could be a Foot as an origin and have Leo fight him but not kill him, and this guy's personal sense of honor leads him to believe that he's now in debt to Leo. It would be cool if this happened during Dark Leo's saga but something similar could still fit.

Jephael
05-26-2015, 08:29 PM
The original Archie line-up of Mutanimals.

mrmaczaps
05-26-2015, 08:52 PM
Triceratons...

A TMNT Forever but standalone... Not tied to either Mirage or IDWs current run. This way it can tie in, IF YOU WANT IT TO, but it doesn't have to... (Does that make sense?)

The super hero guys from volume one of Mirage... The dude from Image, the white knight (I think) or whatever. Obviously he couldn't be the exact same character but then again, he wasn't "original" to Image either...

To go back to the TMNT Forever, it could be a mini series... Start with the IDW characters meeting the Mirage v1 aged characters, then the Archie's, and then, if possible the Image versions prior to the fan conclusion and then a future tale from v4 aged TMNT and then the cartoon versions can play too. That'd be fun. Quarterly. Double (triple?) sized issues. Not rushed. Give a decent well thought out reason for it to happen and the Fred wolf bebop & Rocksteady cannot save the day again... Lol

That's all I have...

Sophie Campbell
05-26-2015, 09:52 PM
- more Pepperoni!!
- a Koya/Bludgeon team-up story or single issue where they pal around like an evil mutant buddy cop team.
- Alopex's fur changes to brown with the seasons (something we actually briefly discussed when i was drawing TMNT!).
- i know IDW/Nick don't have the rights to The River, but i'd love a spin on that story where one of the Turtles gets demutated.
- April dumps Casey and either stays single for once or gets together with Angel.
- an ongoing Leo/Koya rivalry. he should be her arch-nemesis!
- characters from the 1985 Palladium TMNT RPG that Kevin and Peter worked on, like the Sparrow-Eagles, the Terror Bears, Caesar and his mutant weasels, and the awesome porcupine mutant on page 43.
- more Lindsay.
- more original characters and ideas created just for the IDW series.

Duke Nukem
05-26-2015, 10:22 PM
Hun dead, preferably at Casey's hands. Casey would be damaged psychologically more than he already is, and this could manifest itself in all kinds of interesting ways.

Definitely more Triceratons. Traximus would be a good one to introduce.

I'd like to see more Old Hob, depending on how Mutanimals #4 turns out. His Malcolm X type personality is interesting to see in action.

The return of Gridlock (ok, not really)

The turtles actually doing some killing. Not in the sense that their actions allowed a sequence of events that resulted in someone's death, but straight up two sais shoved through the brain hemispheres, or Mike bashing someone's skull in. It's more than past time for that, though I doubt Nick/Viacom sees it the same way. Revenge for Don is motive enough, and no one says that vengeance has to land on the right target to make for a good story.

Herman's back story explained (and Mondo also)

Mutagen Man commits suicide. Nothing less makes any sense. He could do it in a way to sacrifice himself for his new team.

Wentos
05-27-2015, 12:10 AM
- I want to see miniseries focusing on each individual turtle. The turtles are obviously a team, but I'd love to spend more time with each turtle and learn more about them.
- I would love to see a street-level arc. There's been a lot a sci-fi/supernatural material in the comic, and obviously that's a big part of TMNT, but I really want to see some gritty, urban crime stuff. Something akin to the first issue of the Mirage book, or the 1990 live-action movie, or Tristan Jones's Tales run.
- I suspect we're going to get this very soon, but I'd love to see a definitive throwdown between the turtles and Shredder. No retreating, just a knockdown, drag-out brawl with one clear winner and a major status quo change.
- Another one I suspect is coming sooner rather than later, but I really want to see a new Big Bad. We've gotten 50 issues of Shredder and Krang, and believe me they're great villains, but I don't want the book to coast off of those two forever. A new looming adversary to occupy the turtles' time would be awesome, like the Triceratons or Null or Bishop. Or hell, give us someone new.
- I can't wait to see more of the Battle Nexus. I always thought it was a really neat idea. And I know it's a long shot but God, I want to see Miyamoto Usagi again.

neatoman
05-27-2015, 04:05 AM
I would like to seewhat happens to the Utroms now that Krang is in prison.

PangolinFeets
05-27-2015, 06:34 AM

Maybe 'buddy' wasn't right word. More like a companion, training partner, rival, confidant or however you wanna put it. It doesn't need to be the same kind of relationship Mikey has with Woody, just an equal opportunity to hear what's going on in Leo's head and bounce off an interesting personality. Just someone that could develop him more, aside from Splinter. It feels less like he's chosen to be a loner and more like he doesn't get as much negative space as the others to figure out where he stands. Maybe its just becoming extra-apparent, especially in this past issue because everyone got a chance to have some outside-family interaction except Leo.

As much as its nice to see references to all the other series/versions of turtles, I love their original material so much that I don't feel like I need it. More original characters and stories, please. Although Triceratons and Bishop would be cool (and I still think it would be cool if Bishop was a woman).

Herman's backstory!! Yes! I'd also like the reincarnation aspect explored more. I know its the effect of the 'splintering' agent that was used on Splinter to unlock his past life, but then couldn't we see this with Slash too?

Someone mentioned doing micros for the turtles again and that could be cool. It'd also be neat to do dual micros, like Don/Leo and Raph/Mikey.

Mormegil
05-27-2015, 08:16 AM
I have to say i'm really happy with how the series has gone so far. The team obviously knows what they're doing so I don't think they need any help in that department. I can't wait to see what they do with the rest of the mutanimals characters.

-BUT for the sake of discussion. I would like to see shredder be killed. and not in some lame indirect way. You can only keep the fight going between the turtles and shredder for so long. A big part of the reason i want to see him go is so Karai can step in and her character really get fleshed out.

-More Triceratrons, but with Krang out of the picture that probably won't happen.

-I keep seeing people mention Mikey and the mutanimals around here and the more i think of it the more i like the idea as well. It would be kinda wonky having Old Hob in the mutanimals still so maybe he would have to go.

-Put Usagi in as someone for Leo to identify with. The biggest reason is because i'm a huge Stan Sakai and usagi fan.

Weapons@theready
05-27-2015, 08:26 AM
Another visit to the Future...

Metalhead 2.0
05-27-2015, 10:04 AM
Alright, I have a busy day today today so I'm going to have to give mine in segments as I get time.

- I want to see Karai violently kill Shredder, assume leadership of The Foot, and become a more ruthless villain than he ever was. From what we've seen her ultimate motivation is for the glory of The Foot, so maybe she blames the Hamato family and Saki's vendetta against them for for the downfall of The Foot Clan that SHE alone rebuilt. Maybe this fuels her hatred for the turtles and she focuses all her resources on their demise. Maybe she even dons the Lady Shredder armor?

- Kitsune steals Saki's dead body and somehow through some combination of her witchcraft and mutagen she mutates and resurrects him again as Super Shredder. This should be a short story arc (maybe 2-4 issues) before the turtles finally finish him off for good.

- I don't think the Triceratons have a good fit in the series just yet, but what I DO think would totally work is a Pepperoni mini-series. The last time we saw her she was in the cave with the turtles when they phased out into another time period leaving her behind. Also the Utroms were just beginning to toy with the idea of mutating dinosaurs. Maybe the Utroms capture her and she becomes one their first Triceraton mutations. Then at some point Renet returns (at Raphael's request) and they go on a series of time-hopping adventures together, eventually meeting back up with the turtles in the current timeline. And she HAS to keep the mask Raph gave her. It should be called something like PIZZA TIME! The Adventures of Pepperoni and Cheese Renet or Pepperoni in Time. Once she's in the current timeline she could become a member of the Mutanimals.

More to come later...

ChosenOne
05-27-2015, 03:14 PM
I could say TCRI, but #46 unexpectedly beat me to the punch. I hope the company features for a long time in this series and becomes sort of its Wolfram & Hart. Can't wait to find out what secrets are housed in that building.

As for what else I'd like to see... Leatherhead and Bishop like everyone's been saying, as well as Usagi (Santolouco's unofficial rendition we saw a while back was absolutely amazing, speaking as a pet rabbit owner) and more Triceratons, Utroms and Renet.

I believe the first few arcs after #50 will be lighter in tone and possibly start shining a spotlight on Mikey. In that regard, a return to the Battle Nexus would be awesome, it's the perfect place for cameos and lots of visual humor like in Turtles in Time #1. Not everything needs to be doom and gloom and cracked shells all the time, so I'm glad The Year of Michelangelo is coming up. Mikey and the Mutanimals, anyone?

Oh, and a team-up mini, please! Nobody & Alopex, Koya & Bludgeon, Don & Leatherhead, Leo & Usagi, and much more!

Also cool would be a world tour arc like in the Archie series, the IDW team would absolutely knock that out of the park!

Anything I could say would be a rehash of what other posters have said before in this thread, and I agree with every single one of them even if I don't include their points in my post. This world is going to blow wide open post-50#, and I feel it'll be a beautiful thing.

Powder
05-27-2015, 03:24 PM
Use spoiler tags, homie.

The book came out one damn day ago, many of us haven't read it. So thanks a lot for ruining it. I hope you have heartburn or something later.

ChosenOne
05-27-2015, 03:40 PM
Use spoiler tags, homie.

The book came out one damn day ago, many of us haven't read it. So thanks a lot for ruining it. I hope you have heartburn or something later.

Alright, I'll bite. If by "spoilers" you mean mentioning that TCRI makes an appearance and it's a building (by the way, Karai makes an appearance and she's a ninja! Shocker, I know!) that could be nothing more than a glorified easter egg since everything else I said about it is just my imagination running wild... Then yeah, sorry for the "spoilers" and thanks for the heartburn thing. I already do whenever I eat too many carbs so I should be just fine.

2K3
05-27-2015, 04:43 PM
I'd love for the following characters to appear:

Miyamoto Usagi
Leatherhead + Wingnut
Dragon Face and Ruffington (Basically more iconic Purple Dragon members)
Triceraton Republic (Featuring Prime Leader Zandramon, Cmdr Mozar and Traximus)
Maligna
Agent Bishop and Earth Protection Force

Plot points that I hope happen:

Karai becomes leader of the Foot Clan
Hun separates the Dragons from the Foot Clan and become their own crime syndicate (just like in the 2K3 series)
Bludgeon shows signs of becoming Armaggon (Come on, everyone's thinking it I'm just saying it)
Krang's imprisonment has dire consequences to everyone in Dimension X, by having races such as the Malignoids and the Triceratons fight for control.
Have plot points concerning other gangs (such as Antonio's and the Ghost Boys)
More Pantheon members introduced, and have members such as Dragon Lord, Pai-Doth Noor and/ or Radical
Pepperoni returns and becomes IDW's version of Klunk/ Ice Cream Kitty
Old Hob returns to his more villainous roots and brakes from the Mutanimals (leaving Slash to lead)
Finally, have the characters from Mikey's micro return; officer Kara, and the Dresden Heist gang (heck, even have the leader become IDW's version of "The King of Thieves")

Metalhead 2.0
05-28-2015, 09:55 AM
Continued...

- I like the serious tone of this book and want it to remain that way. With that being said, I DON'T want the turtles to meet previous versions of their selves. I find that stupid and gimmicky and I don't feel like it's a good fit for this series. I don't want this book to jump the shark and go too far out in left field with stuff like that. It worked well for Archie, but not here.

- HOWEVER, I DO think an ongoing Mutanimals book would work well if it were to adopt a bit more of the "crazy." The way I envision it is basically making the Mutanimals globetrotters using Harold's portal tech to send them to different areas of the world. All of the mutants in the world can't be just in NYC, so by sending them to different areas we could get a taste of what other mutants are out there. It would be a good way to have run-ins with the likes of Dreadmon and Jagwar. We could eventually even see them start visiting other planets and dimensions. I think by adding a bit more wacky/fun to that book you could have a really solid run that sells well.

- I need an evil turtle. I thought Slash was going to be it, but honestly I was disappointed with his hulking design and his turn to good. I really enjoyed the look and feel of Dark Leo and was kind of sad when that arc ended. I just need an evil turtle who is similar in size and look to our current heroes and one who can match or even surpass them in skill.

More to come later...

Powder
05-28-2015, 05:29 PM
I don't think this series is serious to the point that it is above cross-continuity crossovers. They met the ghostbusters, there are neutrinos, it has it's share of silliness.

PangolinFeets
05-28-2015, 07:56 PM
I like the main series to stay fairly grounded, but I enjoy the crazier antics of the micros like Mutanimals and the GB crossover. I could get behind a giant cross-dimensional turtle issue.

That being said, I'd really enjoy more exploration of the interactions of mutants vs. the rest of the world. I kept thinking that Hob beefing up his 'mutant army' was going to lead to a kind of mutant civil war. I know the turtles are ninja and fight in the shadows unseen, but they expose themselves when they need too. It'd be cool to see how they'd deal with police if they couldn't get away. Would they get arrested or shipped off to a lab? Would there be a social movement to create equality for mutants? (Which it looks like kinda happens at the end of Turtles in Time, uhh, to a degree...).
I may just be being a pol-sci/law nerd here, but I think the legal rights of mutants being explored would be cool. It was always one of my favorite aspects of X-Men. (But probably too boring to make a story that would appeal to all ages here. At least not how I imagine it.)

Duke Nukem
05-28-2015, 08:12 PM
I think that's exactly what we'll end up getting with Splinter and Hob. Maybe not so much court cases, since a judge would issue a summary ruling that they don't have "personhood" to have standing to file a suit, and I couldn't see Splinter wanting to appear in court anyway. As for the police, considering how much they love shooting dogs, I'm sure most officers in the NYPD would want to be the first to empty their Glock 26 into a mutant animal for bragging rights. Actually, that could make an interesting plot line too.

Redeemer
05-28-2015, 08:30 PM
New art style, I am getting tired of this pre-teen look the turtles have. I almost could not read #46 because of the art. The turtles looked horrendous to me.

PangolinFeets
05-28-2015, 08:37 PM
I think that's exactly what we'll end up getting with Splinter and Hob. Maybe not so much court cases, since a judge would issue a summary ruling that they don't have "personhood" to have standing to file a suit, and I couldn't see Splinter wanting to appear in court anyway. As for the police, considering how much they love shooting dogs, I'm sure most officers in the NYPD would want to be the first to empty their Glock 26 into a mutant animal for bragging rights. Actually, that could make an interesting plot line too.

I could totally see Donnie NEVERMIND SLASH reading up on civil rights, throwing on a suit and challenging that notion, especially with his enlightened new opinion on what is a soul. because he wants to be a real hero and make a difference!
...And then make a lawyer Donnie SLASH action figure.

Duke Nukem
05-28-2015, 09:19 PM
Slash wouldn't fit through the metal detector of any court in NYC, in addition to not having a legal name or any official records. Also, from Miles v. City Council of Augusta, Georgia: "This Court will not hear a claim that Blackie's right to free speech has been infringed. First, although Blackie arguably possesses a very unusual ability, he cannot be considered a "person" and is therefore not protected by the Bill of Rights."

Metalhead 2.0
05-28-2015, 09:23 PM
I don't think this series is serious to the point that it is above cross-continuity crossovers. They met the ghostbusters, there are neutrinos, it has it's share of silliness.

I don't see how The Ghostbusters or Neutrinos were silly.
It's not like it was Cudley or the Intergalactic Wrestling Federation.

Powder
05-28-2015, 09:30 PM
I guess you have a less strict idea of what silly means, then.

Cryomancer
05-28-2015, 10:02 PM
Cudley was in Mirage too. Probably the exact same Cudley even.

Metalhead 2.0
05-28-2015, 10:06 PM
I guess you have a less strict idea of what silly means, then.

I'm just trying to figure out why you thought it was silly. Unless you consider inter-dimensional travel silly?

The Ghostbusters seemed like the same old Ghostbusters we're used to. It was a little heavy on the quips, but there was no Stay-Puft or Sam Hain, just the small Slimer cameo so it wasn't thick with the nostalgia pandering.

And I've always hated Neutrinos, but other than their obviously stupid-looking fashion choices, these just seemed like militant rebels fighting against an oppressive regime.

Powder
05-28-2015, 10:23 PM
Don't get me wrong, I don't mean to use silly in a negative way, silly isn't a bad thing. I just think that The Ghostbusters (who I love immensely!) are an inherently silly concept, & their personalities are quite, well, cartoonish. They're almost like the Fred Wolf TMNT themselves, really. & that's fine, of course, but I think that with their world being on part with the old TMNT's, that makes their crossover silly if only in the sense that it too becomes cartoonish, a bit. Again, that's not a bad thing, but it detracts from the centuries of revenge stuff that grounds the book. Neutrinos just outright look silly. Maybe the don't behave in their once goofy fashion, but they're still quite a site to behold. In a universe full of mushy pink brain baddies, colorful hair sporting pointy eared elfen soldiers, a Manhattan which houses a sentient 90's california stereotype lizardman whose skateboard shoots lasers, hermit crabs with millitary grade weaponry equipped dumpsters for shells, etc, you've gotta accept that it's not THAT serious of a place to be. :trazz: There's definitely an adult tone to the book, but there are a lot of silly characters & concepts.

TheCollector
05-28-2015, 11:15 PM
Speaking of the idea of Dragonlord appearing, am I the only one who thinks this might be him in the Pantheon shot in 46.

http://i61.tinypic.com/mvgokg.jpg

Def looks Dragonlike what with all the horns.

Powder
05-28-2015, 11:23 PM
More spoilers, just what this thread needs!

C'MON, SON. STOP.

Metalhead 2.0
05-29-2015, 09:45 AM
Don't get me wrong, I don't mean to use silly in a negative way, silly isn't a bad thing. I just think that The Ghostbusters (who I love immensely!) are an inherently silly concept, & their personalities are quite, well, cartoonish. They're almost like the Fred Wolf TMNT themselves, really. & that's fine, of course, but I think that with their world being on part with the old TMNT's, that makes their crossover silly if only in the sense that it too becomes cartoonish, a bit. Again, that's not a bad thing, but it detracts from the centuries of revenge stuff that grounds the book. Neutrinos just outright look silly. Maybe the don't behave in their once goofy fashion, but they're still quite a site to behold. In a universe full of mushy pink brain baddies, colorful hair sporting pointy eared elfen soldiers, a Manhattan which houses a sentient 90's california stereotype lizardman whose skateboard shoots lasers, hermit crabs with millitary grade weaponry equipped dumpsters for shells, etc, you've gotta accept that it's not THAT serious of a place to be. :trazz: There's definitely an adult tone to the book, but there are a lot of silly characters & concepts.

Yeah, the whole military-grade arsenal deployed at will from an over-turned dumpster that houses a giant, talking crab was quite ridiculous.

I guess I'm just having a hard time getting my point across. Maybe "silly" isn't really the correct term, maybe "wacky?" I just think the turtles book needs to stay for the most part grounded. Whereas I would love to see them loosen the leash on the Mutanimals in an on-going series. It would make for a really fun book.

Hob wants to build an army, so they start monitoring all forms of news media world-wide for reports of strange creatures and investigating the legends contained within cryptozoology. Somehow Harold gets tied into all this and they start using his portal or he's able to develop a wearable form of the portal technology for them and they start hopping from place to place to investigate these creatures and try to recruit them.

It'd be fun. Dreadmon in Jamaica, A bat in Argentina, A kangaroo in Australia, The Jersey Devil, Mothman, A panda in China, A moose in Canada, A bull in Texas, an elephant and a giraffe in Africa, Jagwar somewhere in Central America, a camel and a scorpion in Egypt,most these are obviously hints of previous characters or toys, but you get my drift.

One of their first missions could be going to Louisiana to investigate reports of the Cajun Gator Man, or as the locals call him "Tête de Cuir" (that's "Head of Leather" in French). That would be fun right? You got New Orleans, Bourbon Street, Mardi Gras, the swamps, Cajuns (Herman would flip his sh*t if he saw what they do to crayfish down there).

Eventually they could even get displaced and have to deal with the likes of Maligna and Skul & Bean.

I would buy the hell out of a book like that.

Speaking of the idea of Dragonlord appearing, am I the only one who thinks this might be him in the Pantheon shot in 46.

You might be better off taking that over to the Pantheon thread. I speculated the same thing about an image that was in the Ghostbusters crossover.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
05-29-2015, 10:03 AM
Yeah, the whole military-grade arsenal deployed at will from an over-turned dumpster that houses a giant, talking crab was quite ridiculous.

I guess I'm just having a hard time getting my point across. Maybe "silly" isn't really the correct term, maybe "wacky?" I just think the turtles book needs to stay for the most part grounded. Whereas I would love to see them loosen the leash on the Mutanimals in an on-going series. It would make for a really fun book.

Hob wants to build an army, so they start monitoring all forms of news media world-wide for reports of strange creatures and investigating the legends contained within cryptozoology. Somehow Harold gets tied into all this and they start using his portal or he's able to develop a wearable form of the portal technology for them and they start hopping from place to place to investigate these creatures and try to recruit them.

It'd be fun. Dreadmon in Jamaica, A bat in Argentina, A kangaroo in Australia, The Jersey Devil, Mothman, A panda in China, A moose in Canada, A bull in Texas, an elephant and a giraffe in Africa, Jagwar somewhere in Central America, a camel and a scorpion in Egypt,most these are obviously hints of previous characters or toys, but you get my drift.

One of their first missions could be going to Louisiana to investigate reports of the Cajun Gator Man, or as the locals call him "Tête de Cuir" (that's "Head of Leather" in French). That would be fun right? You got New Orleans, Bourbon Street, Mardi Gras, the swamps, Cajuns (Herman would flip his sh*t if he saw what they do to crayfish down there).

Eventually they could even get displaced and have to deal with the likes of Maligna and Skul & Bean.

I would buy the hell out of a book like that.

You might be better off taking that over to the Pantheon thread. I speculated the same thing about an image that was in the Ghostbusters crossover.

I would also buy the hell out of that book. :tlol:

But don't you ever call Herman the Hermit Crab "silly" without also agreeing that he is badass! :tlol:

Panda_Kahn_fan
05-29-2015, 10:16 AM

It looked more oni-like to me, but I'd love it if that is Dragonlord! :D

TomWaltz
05-29-2015, 12:49 PM
IDW's TMNT needs more cowbell!

Talk soon...

Tom W.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
05-29-2015, 01:54 PM

Talk soon...

Tom W.

It's the only prescription...

MikeandRaph87
05-29-2015, 02:07 PM

Talk soon...

Tom W.

:lol: You have been watching my post too much, Mr. Waltz!

Hope you are getting a kick out of this because some of it will be in print by the end of the year.

PangolinFeets
05-29-2015, 03:48 PM

Talk soon...

Tom W.

If there isn't more cowbell in the future of TMNT, I will lose all faith in the creative team.

2K3
07-12-2017, 07:01 AM
It's been a while since anyone's written ideas down for future IDW characters/ stories. So after re-reading old stories and looking at upcoming stories, and with the 75th issue coming soon, I've come up with the following:

Story Ideas

A proper City at War story-line. Not to say "Cityfall" wasn't close, but it was more of a "Shredder Strikes Back/ Silent Partner" re imaging! I want to see not just the Foot Clan battling over territory, but the Purple Dragons, the Street Phantoms etc. And bring back characters like Mob Boss Antonio, the Skara Brae group and the corrupt cops (been a while since we've seen them).
A division in Hob's Mutanimal gang. Considering what's been happening with Hob lately, I feel like the cracks in the Mighty Mutanimal gang are starting to show. Slash was one, but now I want to see who's really loyal to the one-eyed cat and who really can't agree with his way of thinking.
More Madame Null!!! Don't get me wrong, I like the teasing of her character (similar to the Archie counterpart), but I hoping for a really interesting story arc with her in.
Adaptations of "Shades of Grey" (Casey's biggest Mirage character arc deserves to be re-explored in IDW), "The Future Shark Trilogy"/"Same as it Never Was" (want to see a really dark future storyline) "Terracide" (scaled back a bit, don't want all the Mutanimals to die) and (hopefully not for a good long while) the Death of Splinter story.

Future Characters

VERNON FENWICK: Investigative Journalist of "The New York Post"; he writes about the weird and unexplained goings-on in the Big Apple (such as mysterious creature sightings, and talk of mysterious gangs that vanish in the blink of an eye). He soon begins to see a pattern in these events, which soon lead him into a meeting with April, Casey, Angel and 4 mysterious green creatures...
GENERAL BLANQUE: Supreme commander of the Neutrino military and Commander Dask's superior officer. Though loyal to the Royal family, Blanque has a very "Might makes right" attitude, believing the end always justify the means.
SCUMBUG: A former janitor at Null Group. However, when he stumbled on something he shouldn't have seen, Madame Null decided to make an example out of him. Mutated into the one thing he hates (a cockroach), Scumbug must do dirty deals for Madame Null, being promised to be given a "cure" when he's "paid his debt".
WINGNUT: A mutant "Lesser short-nosed fruit bat" created at Null Group. Constantly tired and bored, he'll take any job from Madame Null as long as it's fun. When he's not running errands, he's munching on mangoes and sleeping (well he is a bat).
THE PUNK FROGS: With the introduction of Pantheon member Toad Baron, it’d be interesting if he had these boys as his muscle.
And finally TRICERATON members Prime Member Zanramon, Commander Mozar and Traximus… NUFF SAID!!!

CyberCubed
07-12-2017, 11:40 AM
Heh, Cylon got most of what he wanted when he posted this back in 2015:

My own personal wishlist for what I really want to see in future storylines of TMNT:

Leatherhead (I think I speak for us all)

Appeared. Will be recurring.

Agent Bishop

Debuted, and is the next main villain of the series.

Mikey and the Mutanimals

Issues #53-55 was exactly this, you got what you wanted.

A follow-up to Mikey's micro-issue "The Dresden Heist" in some form or fashion (it's the only issue of IDW's TMNT to not be connected to the overarching story in any way)

Well Kara Lewis returned.

Raphael and Old Hob forced to work together for a mission

Well we've seen Hob work with all the Turtles, and Raph and Hob butted heads on their missions but worked together nonetheless.

Some form of adapting some part of The Next Mutation (if IDW can adapt the Mighty Mutanimals and Donny's death and cyborgification, they can spin gold out of TNM's straw, too)

Nothing from Next Mutation yet, although if Shredder comes back as a Dragon then it's more or less similar to Dragon Lord.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
07-12-2017, 11:49 AM
Heh, Cylon got most of what he wanted when he posted this back in 2015...

Nothing from Next Mutation yet, although if Shredder comes back as a Dragon then it's more or less similar to Dragon Lord.

I just need some Next Mutation love in IDW, and I can die happy. :tlol:

neatoman
07-12-2017, 11:50 AM
It's been a while since anyone's written ideas down for future IDW characters/ stories. So after re-reading old stories and looking at upcoming stories, and with the 75th issue coming soon, I've come up with the following:

Story Ideas

A proper City at War story-line. Not to say "Cityfall" wasn't close, but it was more of a "Shredder Strikes Back/ Silent Partner" re imaging! I want to see not just the Foot Clan battling over territory, but the Purple Dragons, the Street Phantoms etc. And bring back characters like Mob Boss Antonio, the Skara Brae group and the corrupt cops (been a while since we've seen them).
A division in Hob's Mutanimal gang. Considering what's been happening with Hob lately, I feel like the cracks in the Mighty Mutanimal gang are starting to show. Slash was one, but now I want to see who's really loyal to the one-eyed cat and who really can't agree with his way of thinking.
More Madame Null!!! Don't get me wrong, I like the teasing of her character (similar to the Archie counterpart), but I hoping for a really interesting story arc with her in.
Adaptations of "Shades of Grey" (Casey's biggest Mirage character arc deserves to be re-explored in IDW), "The Future Shark Trilogy"/"Same as it Never Was" (want to see a really dark future storyline) "Terracide" (scaled back a bit, don't want all the Mutanimals to die) and (hopefully not for a good long while) the Death of Splinter story.

Future Characters

VERNON FENWICK: Investigative Journalist of "The New York Post"; he writes about the weird and unexplained goings-on in the Big Apple (such as mysterious creature sightings, and talk of mysterious gangs that vanish in the blink of an eye). He soon begins to see a pattern in these events, which soon lead him into a meeting with April, Casey, Angel and 4 mysterious green creatures...
GENERAL BLANQUE: Supreme commander of the Neutrino military and Commander Dask's superior officer. Though loyal to the Royal family, Blanque has a very "Might makes right" attitude, believing the end always justify the means.
SCUMBUG: A former janitor at Null Group. However, when he stumbled on something he shouldn't have seen, Madame Null decided to make an example out of him. Mutated into the one thing he hates (a cockroach), Scumbug must do dirty deals for Madame Null, being promised to be given a "cure" when he's "paid his debt".
WINGNUT: A mutant "Lesser short-nosed fruit bat" created at Null Group. Constantly tired and bored, he'll take any job from Madame Null as long as it's fun. When he's not running errands, he's munching on mangoes and sleeping (well he is a bat).
THE PUNK FROGS: With the introduction of Pantheon member Toad Baron, it’d be interesting if he had these boys as his muscle.
And finally TRICERATON members Prime Member Zanramon, Commander Mozar and Traximus… NUFF SAID!!!

Seems mostly fine but the pitches for Scumbug and Wingnut would grind against continuity, even if it was a part of time travel and universe splitting. We don't really want a scenario where multiple unrelated versions of the same characters exist, do we?

As for Vernon, it's not a bad idea. But as petty as this is to say, I'd rather want Charles Pennington, Kurtzman or Tyler's mom than Vernon. I realise you're essentially suggesting Vernon in name only, he doesn't seem to have anything in common with either the FW or PD versions aside from the journalist angle, but I don't want to see this particular character return in any form.

CyberCubed
07-12-2017, 12:03 PM
Scumbug and Wingnut/Screwloose debuted in the Bebop/Rocksteady Destroy Everything mini. It's just that they got background cameos that people forgot they existed. They really need to give them an issue at some point.

Utrommaniac
07-12-2017, 12:08 PM
I've brought this up before several times, but...we need some mothers that aren't canned/unmentioned. I think the Pantheon Mother (Phoenix?) might be coming along somewhere down the line, but April's mother is basically the only one that's been in the main story. Karai's mother was in her mini, but barely. Queen Gizzla only had three lines of dialogue.

Besides Phoenix, Krang is the only one I can think of who would have a mother that's alive. Maybe even Stockman's. But Krang's would be more likely, maybe as one of the survivors on Burnow. I even doodled one concept for art to give to Kevin Eastman...which probably means that edition of her character won't appear, but that's just version #3 I've had :P

BlueBandana
07-12-2017, 01:41 PM
Personally, I'd like to see less crossovers, Fred Wolf-y stuff, or anything to do with the Pantheon, it's all a real bore. For me, the series over the past year or so seems to have sidelined the turtles, so I'd like more TMNT-only stories: no humans, mutants, or other peripherals, just the four brothers.

CyberCubed
07-12-2017, 01:58 PM
For me, the series over the past year or so seems to have sidelined the turtles, so I'd like more TMNT-only stories: no humans, mutants, or other peripherals, just the four brothers.

I don't really get this, the Turtles have to have villains to interact with unless you just want slice of life stuff with nothing really happening. Turtles interact with heroes and villains in every series, they're not overshadowed.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
07-12-2017, 02:00 PM
I don't really get this, the Turtles have to have villains to interact with unless you just want slice of life stuff with nothing really happening. Turtles interact with heroes and villains in every series, they're not overshadowed.

IF BlueBandana meant fewer appearances by the supporting cast (e.g. April, Casey, Angel, Alopex, Mutanimals, Jennika, Harold, Woody...) I could absolutely get behind that.

But IDW is never going to spin off an ongoing Mutanimals series, so I'm totally okay with the series evolving into a TMNT/Mutanimals ongoing every once in awhile. :tcool:

Utrommaniac
07-12-2017, 02:05 PM
It seems like a lot of the Mutanimals stuff is going into TMNT Universe. Which I think is the best course of action, personally

BlueBandana
07-12-2017, 02:08 PM
I don't really get this, the Turtles have to have villains to interact with
The IDW series isn't exactly drowning in original characters in its 130+ issue run. I'd like new villains.

2K3
07-13-2017, 04:00 PM
Seems mostly fine but the pitches for Scumbug and Wingnut would grind against continuity, even if it was a part of time travel and universe splitting. We don't really want a scenario where multiple unrelated versions of the same characters exist, do we?

As for Vernon, it's not a bad idea. But as petty as this is to say, I'd rather want Charles Pennington, Kurtzman or Tyler's mom than Vernon. I realise you're essentially suggesting Vernon in name only, he doesn't seem to have anything in common with either the FW or PD versions aside from the journalist angle, but I don't want to see this particular character return in any form.

Dang; Keep forgetting Wingnut and Scumbug showed up in "Bebop and Rocksteady Destroy Everything"!

I admit I thought of Vernon due to his re-imaginings in the PD films. I wanted to pull in out of his cowardly persona from the 80s. Out of the ones you chose, I'd definitely agree with Pennington (considering his appearances in the Mirage Comics).

Andrew NDB
07-13-2017, 04:12 PM
I admit I thought of Vernon due to his re-imaginings in the PD films. I wanted to pull in out of his cowardly persona from the 80s.

It's definitely not IDW's responsibility to redeem Fred Wolf supporting characters. Nor should it be.

Utrommaniac
07-13-2017, 04:21 PM
There really isn't even any room for the Channel 6 characters anyway. What role could they possibly have at this point? I can see some kind of shoutout, maybe where they're watching the news and Vernon and Irma are anchors/reports as an easter egg, but as third-tier characters, they'd get crowded.

DisKosh
07-14-2017, 09:18 AM
I'd like to see a crossover with the 1987 series Beauty and the Beast... now onto the serious stuff:

That being said, I'd really enjoy more exploration of the interactions of mutants vs. the rest of the world. I kept thinking that Hob beefing up his 'mutant army' was going to lead to a kind of mutant civil war. I know the turtles are ninja and fight in the shadows unseen, but they expose themselves when they need too. It'd be cool to see how they'd deal with police if they couldn't get away. Would they get arrested or shipped off to a lab? Would there be a social movement to create equality for mutants? (Which it looks like kinda happens at the end of Turtles in Time, uhh, to a degree...).
I may just be being a pol-sci/law nerd here, but I think the legal rights of mutants being explored would be cool. It was always one of my favorite aspects of X-Men. (But probably too boring to make a story that would appeal to all ages here. At least not how I imagine it.)

I really love that idea! I know this isn't the same thing but in vol. 4 of the Mirage comics, one of my favourite elements was how society changed as a result of alien contact. It would be truly fascinating and I'd love the turtles try to balance having a normal life while trying to do well, everything else they usually do and having to deal with more open discrimination.

I agree, although I wouldn't mind if they were if it was a good story.

Things I'd love to see:
-Shadow Jones, perhaps instead of being Casey's daughter, she could be his cousin or something like that. As long as she's adopted into the TMNT family.
-Utroms!!! Utrom culture, Obligado, Utrom popular culture, everything Utrom!
-Leatherhead finding a friend. Preferably a mother figure, preferably an Utrom, it would be hard to get there but it would be so lovely.

CyberCubed
07-14-2017, 02:48 PM
I guess any hope for some kind of major Triceraton arc probably won't happen till post issue 100 now. I had hopes they'd be in the Dimension X arc, but judging by the summaries I guess not. The Triceratons are the most underused major Mirage characters that have not yet been explored.

myconius
07-14-2017, 02:50 PM
It's definitely not IDW's responsibility to redeem Fred Wolf supporting characters. Nor should it be.

i'm not sure there'd be any way to redeem a doofus character anyway?
wasn't Vernon in the cartoon just a sniveling wimp thrown in for comic relief?

There really isn't even any room for the Channel 6 characters anyway. What role could they possibly have at this point? I can see some kind of shoutout, maybe where they're watching the news and Vernon and Irma are anchors/reports as an easter egg, but as third-tier characters, they'd get crowded.

excellent point!
the only way i'd see Vernon fitting into to series is if a News crew showed up to investigate Bishop controlling Slash to run amok.
.....and Vernon ends up getting curb stomped in the process.

Utrommaniac
07-14-2017, 02:52 PM
I think Bobby Curnow did say that we'd be getting Triceratons at some point this year, but that's deep in his Q&A right now.

myconius
07-14-2017, 02:54 PM
I guess any hope for some kind of major Triceraton arc probably won't happen till post issue 100 now. I had hopes they'd be in the Dimension X arc, but judging by the summaries I guess not. The Triceratons are the most underused major Mirage characters that have not yet been explored.

i've really been hoping for some Triceraton action since the beginning!

i was hoping we'd see them show up somewhere in 'The Krang War', but that was all Krang vs. Neutrinos.

even in Utrom Empire, the Triceratons were barely in it.

Utrommaniac
07-14-2017, 03:05 PM
I think there was a lot to Utrom Empire that was basically useless to the destruction of the planet.

The rebellion being the first and the Triceratons being the second. Neither of them were all that important and it severely dampens Quanin's carelessness. Granted, it was said that his insistence on warfare was a huge part of the downfall, but one would think Krang would have a helluva lot more anger toward the Neutrinos considering their involvement. And might even be interested in tackling the Triceratons, wherever they may be.

They just seem like a footnote. And while I'm at it, it's comical that they were surprised that Zog escaped imprisonment. Yes, the bars meant to hold 10-15 pound little orbs didn't hold a 1 ton tank. Who could have known???

myconius
07-14-2017, 03:18 PM
true. the overall plot mostly focused on Quanin draining his planet dry,
juxtaposed with Fugitoid in present day struggling between conflict with Krang and Baxter.

it just felt like- "OH! Hey look! there's Zog."

Utrommaniac
07-14-2017, 03:27 PM
Well yeah. The first part was the one that was really important, but there wasn't really focus on that. But rather, Zog and the rebellion.

I think it could have been better for Krang to have been in an area of Utrominion that had fully succumbed to the effects of the mining and noticing it was spreading, and he tries to work with Honeycutt to get Quanin to see it for himself. Make the rebellion a very, very minor footnote that only happened in one of the most important area of Utrominion, taking out the leaders and abandoning the rest of the population to be defenseless as their planet collapsed.
(And thus creating Mad Max: Utrom edition)

Heck, I think a lot more could have been done with Honeycutt and Krang. It would be reasonable in my mind to think that they could have been friends - or at the very least tolerant of each other - before Utrominion collapsed and most certainly before Krang started up the Technodrome project and started seeking universal domination. And since Honeycutt would be the only one of Krang's companions left - granted a non-Utrom companion - he could have attempted to help Krang through the first stages of whatever grief he'd be feeling after leaving his homeworld behind for the first time. Only for that to fall apart when his child was born and he focus on helping his wife, unintentionally leaving Krang with his own thoughts and his own stress, and coming to his ultimate goal without anyone to lower him down from them.

Utrommaniac
07-28-2017, 11:31 AM
An addition to those thoughts:

I've noticed that we haven't really seen Krang with any civilian Utroms. He's talked to his father (with whom his relationship is not great), two councilors, and a Sergeant, but his other interactions seem implied.
We know about Ch'rell's obsessive adoration, Ma'riell seems fond of him enough that she's disappointed to learn the reason for his imprisonment, and from the way Kleve and Montuoro speak of Ch'rell, they might have similar feelings for Krang.

But we never see him interacting with the Utroms that aren't in his closest social circles. The regular civilians who hailed him as a hero, the children who wanted to be like him - fighting over who got to play as him in "war games".

So, when Krang talks about how "his people were dying and he HAD to take drastic measures to save them", the excuse has far less impact when we've never actually seen him with them. This grand act of love means nothing when the love is never even shown.

We don't see anything of the culture he wants to preserve. We don't see any of him getting ready for when they'd be awake, including preparing the native Utrominion flora for planting, itching for socialization while having to literally be behind a glass box and cut off from contact, hating the human/Neutrino cultures he has to be around. Given the conditions, he likely had to eat alone. Honestly, somebody on the Defense during the trial should be making that argument, with a side of mental health decline.

It's not so much of "what I'd like to see" but more of a "what I WISH had been seen."
Something to further Krang's desperation to save his people, because otherwise, his excuses seem really shallow and empty. No matter how much he says "I want to save what's left of my civilization", it's moot when there's very little to show what that civilization means to him. Especially when he loses sight of his supposed "heroism". At first it seemed like he was just going to use Burnow as a shelter to recover and hide away, but suddenly he wants to get back into universal conquest -- which is exactly what Quanin did to get them in that mess in the first place???

CyberCubed
07-28-2017, 02:06 PM
At this point IDW has covered most of what I want to see. The only thing I really want for a future arc is a proper Battle Nexus tournament ala the one in the 2k3 series, they can even bring in the Mutanimals to fight with them so you have recognizable characters in it rather than random aliens.

There are a few older mutants or characters I would like to see show up but it isn't essential, like Rahzar, Lord Dregg (have him as Malinga's mate since they're both insectoid aliens), Armaggon, and down the road I wouldn't mind seeing Tiger Claw or the like. But as I said this isn't essential.

***First of Two Latin Kings***
07-28-2017, 04:10 PM
I want Dregg and Maligna to be more like the Monarch and Dr. Girlfriend.

Utrommaniac
07-28-2017, 04:19 PM
That would be the best thing ever :lol: !

CyberCubed
07-28-2017, 04:25 PM
I'm trying to think of a checklist of all the big TMNT stories we get in virtually every new incarnation, and IDW has practically done everything already. Even stuff like a mutant outbreak has more or less been covered through various arcs, and Bishop already went after the Mutanimals.

We're now getting a proper Dimension X or space arc, something we didn't really get before. We already have had time travel stories with Renet. We finally got the Usagi crossover with the IDW Turtles. We even got stuff like dragons and ancient demons covered with the Pantheon, etc.

Wouldn't mind seeing a more down to earth criminal or gangster stories with normal crooks. We don't really get too much of that even if we have some gangs running around. Would like to see some Italian mobsters.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
07-28-2017, 04:32 PM
I'm trying to think of a checklist of all the big TMNT stories we get in virtually every new incarnation, and IDW has practically done everything already. Even stuff like a mutant outbreak has more or less been covered through various arcs, and Bishop already went after the Mutanimals.

We're now getting a proper Dimension X or space arc, something we didn't really get before. We already have had time travel stories with Renet. We finally got the Usagi crossover with the IDW Turtles. We even got stuff like dragons and ancient demons covered with the Pantheon, etc.

Wouldn't mind seeing a more down to earth criminal or gangster stories with normal crooks. We don't really get too much of that even if we have some gangs running around. Would like to see some Italian mobsters.

IDW is long past grounded street-level story arcs. The mob isn't going to happen.

Utrommaniac
07-28-2017, 04:32 PM
I think they kind of did a trial thing with Ch'rell, but that was all to clumsily wrap his story up in a sloppy bow to get him out of the way.

But this is a full on "Courtroom drama" where things supposedly get "emotional" (which I'm assuming is where the Utroms get involved)

CyberCubed
07-28-2017, 04:36 PM
IDW is long past grounded street-level story arcs. The mob isn't going to happen.

Well there is still normal criminals lately, there was Lupo and his gang who worked for Dun, which is admittedly redundant since we also had the Street Phantoms at the same time.

And now during the Karai arc in Universe, seems like we're getting another yakuza gang in Japan.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
07-28-2017, 05:44 PM
Well there is still normal criminals lately, there was Lupo and his gang who worked for Dun, which is admittedly redundant since we also had the Street Phantoms at the same time.

And now during the Karai arc in Universe, seems like we're getting another yakuza gang in Japan.

We're also getting Japanese mythology, a dragon thingy, and whatever Ocho is.

And nobody remembers street thugs under Darius; we remember the Street Phantoms.

There will always be opening page cannon fodder, but you're never going to see normal human thugs and mobsters portrayed as a serious threat to the Turtles in IDW from here on out. Hun and the Purple Dragons last were a threat to only the humans (O'Neils, Casey, etc)...

MikeandRaph87
07-28-2017, 08:24 PM
Agreed about the story arc with the Battle Nexus. All we got was a forgettable tease.

I want to see The Pubk Frogs, Groundchuck and Dirtbag done proper.

The Turtles in another country other than Japan.

I don't want it yet, but I am curious what IDW would do in a revised World's Collide trilogy from the 2003 cartoon. Agent Bishop could even find his way into it.

Tom Waltz back on The Technodrome, this thread makes me miss his presence. It would be great to have both him and Bobby.

ChosenOne
07-28-2017, 08:48 PM
On the subject of the Battle Nexus, why not go all out and take a page from Dragon Ball Super's Tournament of Power and have 10 (or so, a nice round number) characters picked to represent the Earth in a Battle Nexus free-for-all?

Not only would that sufficiently distinguish it from the upcoming Stump Asteroid shenanigans, it would make for a nice opportunity for some cool teamwork between former foes and strange bedfellows in the arena, if some of those characters were villains.

I'm thinking Bebop and Rocksteady, for instance, would be must-haves in such a scenario.

It's always enjoyable to see heroes forced to work alongside their villains.

ProphetofGanja
07-28-2017, 09:10 PM
On the subject of the Battle Nexus, why not go all out and take a page from Dragon Ball Super's Tournament of Power and have 10 (or so, a nice round number) characters picked to represent the Earth in a Battle Nexus free-for-all?

Not only would that sufficiently distinguish it from the upcoming Stump Asteroid shenanigans, it would make for a nice opportunity for some cool teamwork between former foes and strange bedfellows in the arena, if some of those characters were villains.

I'm thinking Bebop and Rocksteady, for instance, would be must-haves in such a scenario.

It's always enjoyable to see heroes forced to work alongside their villains.

I would rather see them go all-out and do a Secret Wars-inspired storyline, throw a bunch of cool characters on a simulated world created by a cosmic god so that he can watch them fight and compare their power levels

ChosenOne
07-28-2017, 09:14 PM
I would rather see them go all-out and do a Secret Wars-inspired storyline, throw a bunch of cool characters on a simulated world created by a cosmic god so that he can watch them fight and compare their power levels

A blend of the two ideas could work. They already share so much common ground anyway... Secret Wars was pretty much literally conceived to make it feel like a kid playing with his action figures, just mashing up a bunch of cool characters together and see what comes of it. I like the notion.

eskater
08-06-2017, 09:28 PM

I personally think they'll come back to this kind of stuff just because of Casey's position with the Purple Dragons, Hun's always around too so there's that.

Utrommaniac
08-06-2017, 09:31 PM
I don't think they'll be doing Casey and the Purple Dragons anytime soon, but it would probably be a one or two "break from the Big Stuff" issues, while also getting Casey back in the game.

MikeandRaph87
08-06-2017, 09:31 PM
I was thinking about earlier today, in some incarnations the Turtles have to chase after a powerful item that might be pieced together like the Eye of Sarnath. What if the TMNT got forced into chasing after a power source to keep it out of a villain's hands.

Utrommaniac
08-06-2017, 09:32 PM
That probably could happen with Kitsune, maybe in more of a "keepaway" with Shredder's skull...

Which sounds so, so, so very morbid :lol:

eskater
08-07-2017, 07:36 AM
I don't think they'll be doing Casey and the Purple Dragons anytime soon, but it would probably be a one or two "break from the Big Stuff" issues, while also getting Casey back in the game.

This could plant the seeds for a bigger more grounded arc possibly.