PDA

View Full Version : Would anyone like to have seen "The Shredder Wars"?

The Coffee Man
06-01-2015, 04:31 AM
So I just got through "Fast Forward" (It was awful.) and I just finished watching the first episode of Back to the Sewers, which I never really saw when I was younger. And in the first episode I saw the fight between all three Shredders and I can't help but wonder what the planned Shredder Wars arc would have been like.

Now I'm aware the show went downhill after Season 5. When I was younger I actually stopped watching TMNT after Season 4 since Season 5 didn't really air on 4Kids and the little of Fast Forward that I saw sucked (I've been watching the show in its entirety over the past few months or so), I did watch Turtles Forever though. I hear Back to the Sewer was worse, and I can tell you now that I'm not fond of the art change.

But despite the decline in quality. would anyone have liked to have seen the Shredder Wars arc? I know that they scrapped it after Nick bought it and we got Turtles Forever instead and I'm glad we got it. Still, I can't help but wonder what it would have been like. Don't know if it would have been good though, since the last two seasons were pretty poor.

neatoman
06-01-2015, 04:37 AM
Yeah the Shredder War would have been awesome, wonder how all three Shredders could have been alive at the same time though...

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-01-2015, 07:03 AM
As you say, quality took a nosedive off the cliff after Season Five. I'd argue Season Five itself was also pretty poorly handled in that it was such a drastic tonal shift, but as to The Shredder Wars...

I'd like to think it would have been awesome, but once a shark has been jumped, it cannot be put back into the bottle. :tgrin:

mrminister4446
06-01-2015, 02:43 PM
I think that the foot would mainly follow the utrom shredder. The tengu shredder would need to be resurrected, but weaker or else he'd be too OP. The tribunal would have to be back, because they probably would know it if the tengu shredder were to come back. The cyber shredder would probably have a small part of the foot clan.

It would be really complicated, thats for sure.

Ashwolf
06-01-2015, 02:52 PM
even so, it still would've been awesome

xbennoda
06-01-2015, 03:27 PM
All three Shredders have big, fat ego's.... that would've been interesting :trolleye:

MikeandRaph87
06-01-2015, 03:40 PM
I thought it was supposed to be the finale of season 7. Keep waiting for some build but it never paid off. It was disappointing it did not happen but it looked like an interesting angle and was convinced it was to actually take place.

CyberCubed
06-01-2015, 03:50 PM
Shredder Wars had no reason to happen at all. Demon Shredder died, Ch'rell was saved for Turtles Forever and died, and Cyber Shredder died. Bringing all 3 back to life would have been a dues ex on the highest order.

I don't see what anyone would have wanted from that. Its better as just an alternate universe type thing. And most of FF was not awful.

Ashwolf
06-01-2015, 03:52 PM
I thought it was supposed to be the finale of season 7. Keep waiting for some build but it never paid off. It was disappointing it did not happen but it looked like an interesting angle and was convinced it was to actually take place.

would've preferred that it was the s7 finale instead of the wedding ep cause even though it was a good ep, it didn't really give it the ending it shouldve

CyberCubed
06-01-2015, 03:52 PM
would've preferred that it was the s7 finale instead of the wedding ep cause even though it was a good ep, it didn't really give it the ending it shouldve

That's because Turtles Forever was the overall ending of the show.

Ashwolf
06-01-2015, 03:53 PM
That's because Turtles Forever was the overall ending of the show.

yeah, only cause nick bought it

CyberCubed
06-01-2015, 03:54 PM
yeah, only cause nick bought it

Uh, what? Turtles Forever was intended to be the end of the show. The show was canceled in 2009 before the Nick deal ever went into place.

Ashwolf
06-01-2015, 04:00 PM
Uh, what? Turtles Forever was intended to be the end of the show. The show was canceled in 2009 before the Nick deal ever went into place.

then y did they set up all the hype in tempus fugit? khan wouldn't have been there in karate schooled if it was some alternate reality

CyberCubed
06-01-2015, 04:02 PM
then y did they set up all the hype in tempus fugit? khan wouldn't have been there in karate schooled if it was some alternate reality

The Turtles were traveling through time, and wound up flung into a future. Khan flat out says, "I destroyed the Turtles!" implying he killed them. It was an alternate future.

Nick buying TMNT didn't cancel the 4kids series, the 4kids show was already over and done with by then. In fact the only reason Peter Laird sold the franchise to Nick is because the 4kids series was done and they had nothing left to do.

Ashwolf
06-01-2015, 04:09 PM
The Turtles were traveling through time, and wound up flung into a future. Khan flat out says, "I destroyed the Turtles!" implying he killed them. It was an alternate future.

Nick buying TMNT didn't cancel the 4kids series, the 4kids show was already over and done with by then. In fact the only reason Peter Laird sold the franchise to Nick is because the 4kids series was done and they had nothing left to do.

watever..... :trolleye:

CyberCubed
06-01-2015, 04:12 PM
watever..... :trolleye:

You think I'm making this up? We found out the 4kids show was canceled in 2008. In early 2009 Turtles Forever aired on TV.

You think Nick buying TMNT is why the 4kids series was canceled? What kind of logic is that? Why would PL sell the TMNT license to Nick when the cartoon was still going? I don't even think he could have broken the contract with 4kids to sell it to Nick.

Where did people get the assumption Nick got the 4kids series canceled? This is a new conspiracy theory if I ever heard one.

Redeemer
06-01-2015, 04:58 PM

The Nick Deal also happened in 2009 maybe thats why ???? The series also aired its final season that year and the Nick Deal did not happen over night. This deal was probably talked and discussed for more than 6 months or maybe even a year, because of how many people were involved with the property.

CyberCubed
06-01-2015, 06:42 PM
The Nick Deal also happened in 2009 maybe thats why ???? The series also aired its final season that year and the Nick Deal did not happen over night. This deal was probably talked and discussed for more than 6 months or maybe even a year, because of how many people were involved with the property.

The Nick deal didn't happen until after the 4kids series was ended. They already knew they weren't making another season. Peter Laird would have never sold the Turtles to Nick if the 4kids series was still running.

I'm honestly surprised this is being discussed.

Powder
06-01-2015, 07:21 PM
The delusion of some people. Facts are facts. This is all well documented history CC is filling you in on, it was even all over Pete's blog. Straight from the horses mouth.

Ninturtle
06-01-2015, 08:26 PM
The delusion of some people. Facts are facts. This is all well documented history CC is filling you in on, it was even all over Pete's blog. Straight from the horses mouth.

It seems pretty obvious too, I mean the 4kids show wouldn't last forever.

ABrown
06-01-2015, 08:29 PM
Can't help but wonder if the writers threw in the Shredder Wars scene without realizing how much of a reaction that it was going to get. I know I for one spent the entire final season wondering if it was something that going to be expanded upon. That first episode (Tempus Fugit I think it was called) was pretty much the only episode of the season that I really enjoyed. The whole cyberspace angle really didn't interest me all that much. I absolutely would've taken a season long story built around the whole Shredder Wars story instead.

CyberCubed
06-01-2015, 11:46 PM
Can't help but wonder if the writers threw in the Shredder Wars scene without realizing how much of a reaction that it was going to get. I know I for one spent the entire final season wondering if it was something that going to be expanded upon. That first episode (Tempus Fugit I think it was called) was pretty much the only episode of the season that I really enjoyed. The whole cyberspace angle really didn't interest me all that much. I absolutely would've taken a season long story built around the whole Shredder Wars story instead.

I don't see why people find this a big deal. All 3 Shredder's were dead by the end of the series.

Had a Season 8 had happened, it would be a dues ex cop-out to see all 3 magically come back to life. Its for the best it never happened.

The Coffee Man
06-02-2015, 12:25 AM
I don't see why people find this a big deal. All 3 Shredder's were dead by the end of the series.

Had a Season 8 had happened, it would be a dues ex cop-out to see all 3 magically come back to life. Its for the best it never happened.

Eh, just wanted to get some thoughts on this subject.

The concept seemed interesting to me but, hey, we got Turtles Forever so I'm happy with how the series ended.

Andrew NDB
06-02-2015, 12:33 AM
I could go my whole life never even wondering once what the "Shredder Wars" ever could have been. Probably something lame. To sell toys.

I'm sorry. I know I'm just casting a grim shadow in this thread.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-02-2015, 07:07 AM
I could go my whole life never even wondering once what the "Shredder Wars" ever could have been. Probably something lame. To sell toys.

I'm sorry. I know I'm just casting a grim shadow in this thread.

Like some sort of dark brooding vigilante of dark-n-gritty comic justice. :twink:

ABrown
06-02-2015, 08:59 AM

Speaking of toys, it's odd that the Back To The Sewer season didn't feature toys. It seemed like a given that the cyber turtles would've featured toys, along with cyber-Shredder and Kahn.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-02-2015, 09:10 AM
Speaking of toys, it's odd that the Back To The Sewer season didn't feature toys. It seemed like a given that the cyber turtles would've featured toys, along with cyber-Shredder and Kahn.

I think by that point, Playmates had pulled the plug.

The-Shredder
06-02-2015, 09:38 AM

Actually, toys were planned, but for some reason they were scrapped and never released.

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=20&itemid=13528

https://www.flickr.com/photos/terrible2z/3026246879

Andrew NDB
06-02-2015, 09:55 AM
Speaking of toys, it's odd that the Back To The Sewer season didn't feature toys.

Probably not a coincidence then that it was the final season.

CyberCubed
06-02-2015, 11:28 AM
Playmates didn't make any toys of Season 5 either. By that point they were just making movie figures based on the 4th movie.

ABrown
06-02-2015, 01:18 PM
Playmates didn't make any toys of Season 5 either. By that point they were just making movie figures based on the 4th movie.

Actually season five didn't get toys because Fast Forward was being promoted.

CyberCubed
06-02-2015, 01:40 PM
But when Season 5 aired on TV there was still no toys.

mrminister4446
06-02-2015, 01:56 PM
Isn't it logical to assume that if the shredder wars happened, turtles forever wouldn't exist, or would be completely different?

ABrown
06-02-2015, 02:14 PM
But when Season 5 aired on TV there was still no toys.

There wasn't going to be Ninja Tribunal toys at that point. The fifth season didn't end up airing on tv until the Spring of 2008. By that time the toys focus was on Fast Forward and the TMNT movie.

CyberCubed
06-02-2015, 03:44 PM
Isn't it logical to assume that if the shredder wars happened, turtles forever wouldn't exist, or would be completely different?

Indeed. They clearly saved Ch'rell's return for Turtles Forever.

Wesley
06-02-2015, 04:04 PM
It seems pretty obvious too, I mean the 4kids show wouldn't last forever.

Agreed. I think the first four seasons were the best. I started to lose interest in the show after that. It didn't help that season five was never aired in Ireland, so I didn't know what was going on when Fast Forward aired instead. Turtles Forever was a great finale for the series anyway.

Xav
06-02-2015, 05:05 PM
The Turtles were traveling through time, and wound up flung into a future. Khan flat out says, "I destroyed the Turtles!" implying he killed them. It was an alternate future.No it wasn't. Laird himself said it was meant to be THE future. In fact the Shredder Wars idea was originally meant to be combined with the Turtles Forever idea. So the Turtles Khan killed could've been from another universe.

CyberCubed
06-02-2015, 05:58 PM
No it wasn't. Laird himself said it was meant to be THE future. In fact the Shredder Wars idea was originally meant to be combined with the Turtles Forever idea. So the Turtles Khan killed could've been from another universe.

Turtles Forever went through a lot of iterations before they decided on what they wanted. Remember originally it wasn't going to have any original cartoon Turtles at all.

sdp
06-02-2015, 10:49 PM
Laird didn't sell TMNT because the 4kids show ended...he sold it because he was tired of the franchise. In fact I think he didn't care much for the 2k3 show after S4 or else the later seasons wouldn't have been as bad, it was clear that by that point Laird had given up the uphill fight against the network and playmates. Only fixing smaller things or vetoing outright crazy ideas.

I didn't like FF but I thought BTTS was pretty decent and would've loved more seasons, the final episode works decently as a finale but the could've done much better. The show was cancelled because 4Kids was pretty much dying by that point, sales of toys were dead, and there had been a very long gap between the previous season and BTTS. The Shredder wars was teased in the first episode and was obviously meant to happen, of course you can say it was an alternate future that didn't happen but if it had been renewed for another season we would've seen it. How would the Shredders be revived? Who knows but it's not like that stopped this show before. The only reason we got Turtles forever was to celebrate the 25th anniversary and if I recall correctly it was financed mostly by Mirage so it was a thank you to the fans and now we can see it as the series finale for 2k3.

DevilSpooky
06-03-2015, 02:59 AM

Stupid me, I thought that the Mystic Fury figures where based on that... Oh well, less figures for me to get :trazz:

ABrown
06-03-2015, 09:47 AM
Stupid me, I thought that the Mystic Fury figures where based on that... Oh well, less figures for me to get :trazz:

Actually, I make room for the possibility that they are. They look EXACTLY like they did on the show.

CyberCubed
06-03-2015, 04:21 PM
Laird didn't sell TMNT because the 4kids show ended...he sold it because he was tired of the franchise.

No, he flat out said he wasn't even looking to sell the TMNT franchise. It was Gary Richardson who proposed the idea of selling the franchise and Nick and several other parties expressed interest, and they obviously went with Nick.

The 4kids series was already over and done with before they made the deal with Nick.

turtlefanforever
06-03-2015, 04:52 PM
i couldn't say no to more 2k3 turtles but i just don't see how it would fit. It'd seem in bad taste to bring 2 (supposedly) deceased shredders back

DevilSpooky
06-03-2015, 08:51 PM
Actually, I make room for the possibility that they are. They look EXACTLY like they did on the show.

Shhhh, I'm trying to convince myself that I don't have to get those since I collect canon version of the boys, as in toys created from canon appearences on any movie, comic or TV show, and I hate the Ninja Tribunal arc and the overall design of those figures :tgrumble:

megashredder
06-06-2015, 01:55 AM
seeing the BTTS turtles in a reality with three shredder's blew my mind. I recognized Demon and Cyber shredder. But I didn't see turtles forever, yet so that utrom shredder confused me a little. Is Morgal tal not far away?
I would have liked to see season 3 armored shredder fight the demon one....