PDA

View Full Version : What's Your Favorite Arc?

ImmaAxolotl
06-02-2015, 03:32 AM
What's your favorite arc from this show and why? Not just episodes- entire arcs. I guess I'm making this because I feel like conversation.

ABrown
06-02-2015, 09:03 AM
My favorite story arc was the third season story that started with the alien invasion, which lead to Shredder gathering alien technology, and concluded with Shredder attempting to leave the planet.

Powder
06-02-2015, 03:27 PM
It's really hard to say. I love the main Fugitoid story, as he's a favorite character of mine & they pulled from not only standard Mirage fare but even Gizmo(!) but I really like the original stuff 4kids came up with, too. The Mirage adaptions were often times watered down, which makes them immediately rank behind the source material, but their original stories shine bright, such as Ultimate Draco sending the turtles to different alternate universes. I also really love the Ninja Tribunal & Fast forward seasons, so it's quite hard to say, for me...

Given I've re-watched season 4's dimension hopping stuff more than any other, I guess I'd have to go with that. Usagi, Superturtles, Same As It Never Was, etc, that's quality stuff.

CyberCubed
06-02-2015, 03:43 PM
The Battle Nexus and all its episodes was by far the favorite original story 4kids came up with.

mrminister4446
06-03-2015, 07:28 AM
Difficult to pick what I liked the most, but I thought that the arc in season 3 right after the alien invasion, with the shredder was good. We got to see Oroku Saki as a civilian more, which hadn't been seen since season 1 and like two short times in season 2.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-03-2015, 07:36 AM
The Mutant Outbreak story arc that started with "Aliens Among Us" and ended with "Good Genes." Man, I loved when Donnie gets monster-mutated and they have to get Leatherhead to help them subdue Donnie, and then arrange a deal with the devil (Bishop and Baxter) to cure Donnie...

TigerClaw
06-03-2015, 07:37 AM
The Battle Nexus arc was good, Since we get to see Usagi being a part of it, I also like the one that took place in Outer Space with the Fugitoid.

MikeandRaph87
06-03-2015, 07:44 AM
1.Enter The Dragons-Great epic showdown between the TMNT and their vast array of allies and the Tengu Shredder. Great stuff all around!

2. Worlds Collide was a set above the previous story that lead into it. The main complaint I have about this one is Casey looking like an incompetent idiot and April a skilled student of martial arts, the only time she took to the field.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-03-2015, 08:07 AM
1.Enter The Dragons-Great epic showdown between the TMNT and their vast array of allies and the Tengu Shredder. Great stuff all around!

2. Worlds Collide was a set above the previous story that lead into it. The main complaint I have about this one is Casey looking like an incompetent idiot and April a skilled student of martial arts, the only time she took to the field.

I think that's my biggest (maybe only) problem with the 4Kids TMNT: Casey Jones being nothing more than bumbling comic relief. Dude's supposed to be a badass with a lot of personal issues, not one of the Three Stooges. :tgrumble:

blindturtle02
06-03-2015, 08:30 AM
Mine would be the Outbreak and Ninja Tribunal arcs. I was glad the writers got to delve into the true Shredder and to have finally gotten the Tribunal set on disc back in 08. I still remember being disappointed when season 4 ended with a cliffhanger and being uncertain as to whether or not I'd ever get to see that story's conclusion, much less owning the lost episodes. Season 3's alien invasion and salvaging Shredhead arcs were also fantastic. God, it's difficult to pick a favorite.

Shark_Blade
06-03-2015, 08:47 AM
Anything with Usagi Yojimbo.

ImmaAxolotl
06-03-2015, 09:29 AM
Given I've re-watched season 4's dimension hopping stuff more than any other, I guess I'd have to go with that. Usagi, Superturtles, Same As It Never Was, etc, that's quality stuff.

Actually, I think the dimension-hopping stuff took place in Season 3 since that's when they introduced Renet.

As for my favorite arc, I guess it would be the Outbreak Arc from the second half of season 4. I love how irregular the animal mutations were (it's how I imagine real-life genetic mishaps would look like), and how they subtly built up to Don's secondary mutation. They didn't make it obvious, which is something that I love, and the closing episodes where they have to find a cure for him before he dies will always be my favorite.

Wesley
06-03-2015, 09:44 AM
My favourite story arc is Return to New York. I loved the Turtles' surprise attack on the Foot Headquarters and Baxter Stockman battling both the tmnt and Shredder. I also liked the sword fight between Leo and Shredder at the end.

Powder
06-03-2015, 03:53 PM
Actually, I think the dimension-hopping stuff took place in Season 3 since that's when they introduced Renet.

Those episodes have nothing to do with Renet.

turtlefanforever
06-03-2015, 04:47 PM
Has to be Ninja Tribunal. When i first watched that it blew my F'n MIND! i was like "omg this is amazing!"

TheSkeletonMan939
06-03-2015, 05:21 PM
I think the third season was brilliant in that it so subtly formed a giant story arc.

ImmaAxolotl
06-03-2015, 05:47 PM
Those episodes have nothing to do with Renet.

Don't you remember? In Renet's debut episode, Ultimate Drako stole the Time Sceptor. A few episodes later, the latter uses said Sceptor to send the turtles throughout time and space.

MikeandRaph87
06-04-2015, 07:52 AM
I think that's my biggest (maybe only) problem with the 4Kids TMNT: Casey Jones being nothing more than bumbling comic relief. Dude's supposed to be a badass with a lot of personal issues, not one of the Three Stooges. :tgrumble:

While it rings true to a degree Casey was shown up by April in the only time she took to the field as a ally to fight alongside them. It bugs me that she shows him up when I would have had her reporting it or playing Oracle type not as a fighter.

megashredder
06-06-2015, 02:34 AM
That had to be one of Ch'rell's greatest trick's out side of stealing the season 1-2 Utrom exosuit .and plating it with samurai armor...
Shredder grabbing the alien tech could explain away Same as it never was. story line's

Prowler
06-06-2015, 06:02 AM
Probably the Turtles in Space arc. Still love it after all these years.

In second would come either Battle Nexus or Secret Origins.

Technogeek29
06-07-2015, 12:17 AM
Notes from the underground and the one shots that connected to the over all story.

Even most of the one shots were a result of something that happen in the ongoing story. Fun fact Quarry and the others mutation is result of Shredder seeking revenge on the Turtles even guessing they live underground. Rat King is a failed clone of the ultimate slayer project. The mystical beast that Don, Mikey and Casey protect is actually human who was transformed during when Atlantis was above the surface. The fish people and bird people are the same way.

Very few episodes are self contained and aren't a result of something from the main story line.

ImmaAxolotl
06-14-2015, 08:54 AM
Notes from the underground and the one shots that connected to the over all story.

Even most of the one shots were a result of something that happen in the ongoing story. Fun fact Quarry and the others mutation is result of Shredder seeking revenge on the Turtles even guessing they live underground. Rat King is a failed clone of the ultimate slayer project. The mystical beast that Don, Mikey and Casey protect is actually human who was transformed during when Atlantis was above the surface. The fish people and bird people are the same way.

Very few episodes are self contained and aren't a result of something from the main story line.

While I agree with you for the most part, I don't think the Shredder mutated the underground people to find the turtles, but the Utroms. I could be wrong in this, however.

ABrown
06-14-2015, 11:56 AM
While I agree with you for the most part, I don't think the Shredder mutated the underground people to find the turtles, but the Utroms. I could be wrong in this, however.

No, you're absolutely correct. The mutations were an attempt to locate the utroms, not the turtles.

Danetello
06-14-2015, 01:03 PM
I am currently watching the series from start to end on DVD/iTunes, and so far I think I liked the Turtles in Space 5-parter from the start of season 2 the most. I still have a long way to go with watching them all though, so that may change as time goes on.

ImmaAxolotl
06-16-2015, 10:12 AM
No, you're absolutely correct. The mutations were an attempt to locate the utroms, not the turtles.

Ah. Okay, then. Thanks for clearing up any uncertainties.

I am currently watching the series from start to end on DVD/iTunes, and so far I think I liked the Turtles in Space 5-parter from the start of season 2 the most. I still have a long way to go with watching them all though, so that may change as time goes on.

Well, I hope you enjoy the rest of the show! It's one heck of a ride! :twink:

DVD
06-16-2015, 05:41 PM
The Turtles in Space arc is pretty cool; I second that set of 5 episodes as being a great couple of hours.

I continually re-watch this series. I am slowly realising that this may be my favourite interpretation of the lil green dudes. On Saturday, with the weather almost at monsoon levels, I settled down with random season number 4. Pressing play and just chilling to the shows. There are some good things in there. There are tho, for me, four that just don't let up and make up a stunning 2 hours of entertainment:
Kick starting with "Trouble with Augie". I think it's great. The Raptor type dudes are a brilliant, and nasty villain. The tie in to the previous bug ridden show was cleverly done (forming an extended arc) and made for a neat conclusion. Followed up directly with "Insane in the Membrane". That's just gross and brilliant. Of course these fade out as the two parter (a short, but awesome arc) "Return of Savanti". I love that two parter. Turtles, Savanti, Time Travel, Dinosaurs, (the crazy) Renet... it ticks all the right boxes for me. And I think the final lines are the best ever.
If any of you guys haven't seen this 2 parter - you have to check it out.

Danetello
06-16-2015, 07:11 PM
Today I watched The Big Brawl arc, and although it was alright, it wasn't my favourite so far. I think four parts was a bit excessive.

ImmaAxolotl
06-16-2015, 07:43 PM
The Turtles in Space arc is pretty cool; I second that set of 5 episodes as being a great couple of hours.

I continually re-watch this series. I am slowly realising that this may be my favourite interpretation of the lil green dudes. On Saturday, with the weather almost at monsoon levels, I settled down with random season number 4. Pressing play and just chilling to the shows. There are some good things in there. There are tho, for me, four that just don't let up and make up a stunning 2 hours of entertainment:
Kick starting with "Trouble with Augie". I think it's great. The Raptor type dudes are a brilliant, and nasty villain. The tie in to the previous bug ridden show was cleverly done (forming an extended arc) and made for a neat conclusion. Followed up directly with "Insane in the Membrane". That's just gross and brilliant. Of course these fade out as the two parter (a short, but awesome arc) "Return of Savanti". I love that two parter. Turtles, Savanti, Time Travel, Dinosaurs, (the crazy) Renet... it ticks all the right boxes for me. And I think the final lines are the best ever.
If any of you guys haven't seen this 2 parter - you have to check it out.

Yeah, I always find myself watching those episodes over and over again. The three episodes after that are emotionally draining, so I try not to watch those too much. (Even though I freaking love them.)

Today I watched The Big Brawl arc, and although it was alright, it wasn't my favourite so far. I think four parts was a bit excessive.

I think four parts were necessary. I'd rather have the extra fleshed-out time than have it all condensed.

Technogeek29
06-16-2015, 09:23 PM

Could've sworn it was For the guys since it took place after the Shredder strikes, and the fact it had been a few months since his last appearance. But by accident they stumbled upon the Atlantians by mistake so he shelved the project.

jenna
06-18-2015, 12:46 PM
The Shredder Strikes
The Shredder Strikes Back
Return to New York
City at War

Love them all equally! :)

Danetello
06-18-2015, 04:57 PM
Today I watched the Space Invaders three-parter. I liked it, but I have to say, I still think the Turtles in Space was the best multi part storyline one so far.