PDA

View Full Version : Secret Sewer Lair (nick)

Prototype
06-02-2015, 02:20 PM
During the development I get a strong feeling that many possible features was scrapped/omitted in order to get production up and running.

It feels like a hasted prototype, what interrests me the most is the two connection-slots on the left side of the floor piece that Donnies lab is placed on.

I think maybe it's for a possible future expansion set OR maybe the whole "lab part's" floor/base/platform was initially planed to be placed somewere else, and thus the supporting pipe structures was rearranged to fit the final product.

Anyone else noticed that the tire-swing is hanging verticaly when it should be hanging horizontal?

Is there any prototype/concept pictures of the lair?

Also I haven't seen hardly any customs (other then repaints). Is there any?

I'we made a crude filling for the stupid gap between the backdrop and Donnies lab. Alsow a made a ledge for figures to stand on behind the dojo doors, just quick and simple. Will probobly replace the tire-swing to a more show accurate type. Also thinking about adding a few led-lights.

cloud
06-02-2015, 03:05 PM
It did felt like Playmates had some ideas of possible expansion of the sewer lair.
I think it's a really cool design and it looks massive. I don't think the lair sold that well which was understandable. Playset don't sell that well these days and kudos for Playmates to at least put effort in that market.
They are currently planning on rereleasing the Sewer Lair with added sound features. I think that might be a bad idea that might pretty much end the playsets.

Huzzah
06-02-2015, 04:32 PM
My biggest issue with the lair, is that is huge. But really has no depth and very little space to do anything with. I built it, had it displayed, but had very little space to store figuews in any manner. It has now been dissambled, pieced out, and acts as a vackdrop on my current shelf project.

nimajneb
06-03-2015, 03:15 AM
I decided against the big lair.
Anchovy Alley and an updated shoe box custom worked for me

Huzzah
06-03-2015, 06:18 AM
I got 2 of the Anchovy Alley sets, did some mods on both of them (after seperating the building facade) and they're fantastic. I also integrated the Z-Lines facades.

Prototype
06-03-2015, 12:31 PM
They are currently planning on rereleasing the Sewer Lair with added sound features. I think that might be a bad idea that might pretty much end the playsets.

The "Dimension X portal" feature is sweet though, hehe.

The cartoon is dubbed in many non-english countries, for these kids the english phrases will be an anticlimax.

I got 2 of the Anchovy Alley sets, did some mods on both of them (after seperating the building facade) and they're fantastic. I also integrated the Z-Lines facades.

I have one AA playset, maybe I should buy two more since they are on sale localy for $ 11,90. I'm thinking of possible ways to merge them with the sewer lair.

That might solve some of sewer lair's depth issue.

Do you have any pictures to share? It would be cool for inspiration!

cloud
06-03-2015, 12:56 PM
My biggest issue with the lair, is that is huge. But really has no depth and very little space to do anything with. I built it, had it displayed, but had very little space to store figuews in any manner. It has now been dissambled, pieced out, and acts as a vackdrop on my current shelf project.

That's what I realized too after repainting it. It's understandable to keep it an affordable the design won't really have a lot of room to save cost.

I feel like the pizza box playset altough smaller might actually give you a bit more actual space to display figures.

spiderpumpkin
07-15-2015, 10:04 AM
New electronic Sewer Lair repaint.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/07/15/d45bb05e7048097e16f13071b64e34f8.jpg
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/07/15/a5d29852bb69ec2e74ea211057d3fef4.jpg

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/07/15/15450f586958c91c5854a1b7e39bf4f4.jpg
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/07/15/82dac1e55dbed3d4b2c4ac59477d096e.jpg

Rat_King
07-15-2015, 04:42 PM
I don't know about everyone else but I hate that they printed characters on the background.

Powder
07-15-2015, 04:51 PM
I hate it too.

Venom
07-15-2015, 05:36 PM
I bought the first version of this thing and never opened it, but I've always wondered why the hell Playmates couldn't have simply reissued the old sewer lair playset? It's a lot more compact than this tall cardboard mess.

Of all the reissues they do, and never the playset.

TheCanadiandrome
07-16-2015, 09:20 PM
Haha well I'll be buying this to

DVD
07-17-2015, 01:56 AM
I'm with the folks that prefer the original over this.
The printed characters don't work for me.

midget_overlord
07-17-2015, 03:10 PM
I hope they do expand the set, I just bought a second one to expand myself. For 30$ I couldn't resist.

I noticed the z-line billboard also has 2 connection clips at the bottom, to attach to another upcoming kit I hope.

The z-line crane seemed interesting too, I guess that one was cancelled as well, like Shredder's lair.

inaheap
09-03-2015, 02:12 PM
I wondered if the two open clips by Donnie's lab were originally intended to connect some kind of lair for Shredder. After all the original lair did connect with pipes to the Technodrome.

Anybody going to connect the first secret sewer lair and 2.0?

TheCanadiandrome
09-04-2015, 08:46 AM
I hope to find this reissued lair soon

Prototype
10-31-2015, 07:49 PM
I wondered if the two open clips by Donnie's lab were originally intended to connect some kind of lair for Shredder.

Those two clips remain a mystery.

I will have a hard time to find inner peace untill I find out what they were made for.

Etsyturtle2
10-31-2015, 08:25 PM
I don't know about everyone else but I hate that they printed characters on the background.

Yass. This guy. 8)