PDA

View Full Version : The All-New All-Different Marvel Universe

ZariusTwo
06-04-2015, 06:22 AM
http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/imglib/600/0/1/allnewalldifferentmarvel-138578-ede6f.jpeg

All-New, All-Different Marvel Universe" is coming -- and now we have our first official look at it via a promo poster featuring a few old, and a few new, characters.

Revealed by Mashable, who spoke with Marvel Comics Editor-in-Chief Axel Alonso, the image includes Spider-Man, Spider-Gwen, Jane Foster Thor, Captain America (aka Sam Wilson) and the aged Steve Rogers, Ms. Marvel, Miles Morales (The Ultimate Universe Spider-Man), and more.

"We've been planning it for years," Alonso told Mashable. "We realized that ['Secret Wars'] would be a game-changing moment that would allow us to create a big white canvas. Itís an unprecedented chance for us to tell new stories across all titles with new No. 1s."

The note about all-new No. 1s confirms what many have been speculating for some time. However, instead of only a few No. 1s, Marvel seems to be re-launching the entire line -- which according to the report will consist of approximately 55 to 60 titles -- and will have new creative teams behind both new and existing titles.

"We chose all of our creators to come in with a hook -- a big thing has happened that changes the status quo of the character," Alonso said.

The "All-New, All-Different Marvel Universe" picks up eight months after the conclusion of "Secret Wars" and although the report said that history won't be rewritten or erased, many characters and their relationships with others will be significantly altered. This includes an all-new Hulk, a character Alonso said "is certain to cause debate."

Alonso also confirmed that Wolverine would return to the Marvel Universe (no surprises there, really) but possibly with a twist: "Who is Wolverine? You'll have to read and find out."

The full list of characters in the promo piece includes: Spider-Gwen, Agent Phil Coulson, Spider-Woman, Black Panther, Spider-Man, Captain America, Steve Rogers, Iron Man, Ant-Man, Thor, the Vision, Ms. Marvel, Ultimate Universe Spider-Man, and a 21st Century version of Red Wolf (as reported by USA Today).

Stay tuned to CBR in the coming days for the latest on the "All-New, All-Different Marvel Universe" No. 1s rolling out this Fall.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/marvel-releases-teaser-image-for-all-new-all-different-marvel-universe

Shred Head
06-04-2015, 07:06 AM
Wow not even one X-Men representative not a shock. A new Wolverine yeah if it ain't Logan or the Old man Logan or hell at least X23 I'm pretty much calling it a quits.

TheBlueTurtle1
06-04-2015, 10:31 AM
Do you think they will take Cyclops out of that awful red cr*p he is wearing?

ZariusTwo
06-04-2015, 11:41 AM
Do you think they will take Cyclops out of that awful red cr*p he is wearing?

He's keeping it.

TheBlueTurtle1
06-04-2015, 11:54 AM
I hate it, that weird X on his face looks god awful. The X-men are in a right mess. The stories are all over the place, the suits for the most part, are SO bad.

Making the 70s/80s era untouchable.

Shred Head
06-05-2015, 01:02 AM
Heres anther picture that actually has something new in it.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/imglib/0/0/1/ANADMarvel2-June5-2-802aa.jpg

Anyone else not a fan of the new Daredevil look. I mean sure it looks cool and looks like professional version of his first costume on the Netflix series but I really hate losing the devil horns. Dammit Marvel we want the devil out of Peter Parker not Matt. Also Laura as Wolverine I'm cool with it the costume is at least better then the thing shes wearing now. Although she is really reminding me of Wild Thing. Also good to know Old Man Logan will still be kicking around after the event.

Also screw the Inhumans I don't care what Marvel wants there never going to replace the X-Men no matter how hard they try.

ZariusTwo
06-05-2015, 04:37 PM
Alonso: Every series is getting a new #1, and the rollout will span three to four months. And to help invigorate each title and aid in its accessibility, each creative team will set their first issue eight months after the culmination of "Secret Wars," and establish that during that gap, something big happened to the life or world of the title character that spices things up in a meaningful way. Could be subtle, could be a huge. Maybe the title character exhibits a new approach to life because of something that happened to them during those eight months. Maybe a key relationship in their life has changed, for better or worse. Maybe they moved to a new place. Maybe they hung up their tights for some reason and someone else has picked them up. Maybe they're pregnant. The sky's the limit.

The key thing is we want each issue #1 to be exciting and accessible. And I think our track record for doing just that has been very good over the past few years: providing new reader-friendly stories that build upon the stories that came before them.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/axel-in-charge-all-about-all-new-all-different-marvel

CyberCubed
06-05-2015, 04:40 PM
Isn't Old Man Logan...well...Logan? Or is he a different universe Wolverine?

X-23 becoming Wolverine seems kinda pointless given that well....she's ALREADY a female Wolverine. I don't think she had to put on a costume to make that more obvious.

Shred Head
06-06-2015, 12:56 AM
Isn't Old Man Logan...well...Logan? Or is he a different universe Wolverine?

X-23 becoming Wolverine seems kinda pointless given that well....she's ALREADY a female Wolverine. I don't think she had to put on a costume to make that more obvious.

He's from a different universe where the villains all joined forces and killed most the heroes and took over the planet. Retired Wolverine has to save his family from an incest Hulk family. So Wolverine and a blind old Hawkeye travel the post Apocalypses future in the Spider-Mobile Mad Max style on a courier mission to pay the Hulks off. Its actually a pretty good story I recommend it.

As for making X23 Wolverine yeah it is kinda stupid. But if it actually puts Laura in a top tier position and a book that wont be canceled I'm all for it. The costume and name are there to make people buy an X23 book. Its like with the current Captain America no body would buy a Falcon book but get rid of Steve Rogers put Red White and Blue on the Falcon well you pretty much have to at that point. Tell the truth I have always been of mind that the whole Legacy hero gimmick works better for DC then Marvel.

ZariusTwo
06-06-2015, 10:19 AM
And we have our first confirmed creative team...Bendis and Marquez on Iron Man

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/bendis-marquez-to-relaunch-invincible-iron-man-under-all-new-all-different-marvel

ZariusTwo
06-08-2015, 06:31 AM
Penagos confirmed that the new Iron Man is still Tony, to which Bendis noted that Marvel has done so much with legacy heroes lately that asking if it's actually Stark in the armor is a good question. Bendis also went on to say that the basis of Iron Man is that it's "a boy with his toy, it's a hot rod, it's someone building the coolest thing he can build. The coolest thing would be if one armor was all the armors; the new armor can transform into all of Tony's previous armors. He's got all thirty armors and more on at once."

Penagos asked Bendis about the supporting cast, particularly the new love interest. "There are new characters in the book, and there are other characters from other Marvel books that will be in the book -- and it's not Kitty Pryde," said Bendis. "Kitty is now one of the Watchers or something -- I forgot what we did with her. There are surprise characters in the Marvel Universe that have never been in 'Iron Man' before and they're major players in the Marvel Universe. I'll give you a hint: Tony really likes redheads."

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/senyc-spotlight-on-brian-michael-bendis

MsMarvelDuckie
06-08-2015, 09:13 PM
I hope that's Natasha they're talking about, and not a certain OTHER red-head. Someone might get pissed enough to punch Tony through a 50-story "shatter-proof" window. And unlike Logan, HE wouldn't be getting up.... (Props to anyone who remembers who did that, when, and why, LOL!!)

snake
06-08-2015, 09:19 PM
I don't know about this. I'm sure some new ongoings will be cool, but relaunching everything again is stupid.

The post-convergence DC? Amazing sh*t. Love it all so far.

Candy Kappa
06-09-2015, 03:33 AM
Laura as Wolverine is pretty interesting, although. Is it Old Man Logan Logan who've ended up in a different universe after the whole mega event stuff or have Logan just aged and they are using the Old Man Logan designs?

ZariusTwo
06-11-2015, 09:32 AM
Laura as Wolverine is pretty interesting, although. Is it Old Man Logan Logan who've ended up in a different universe after the whole mega event stuff or have Logan just aged and they are using the Old Man Logan designs?

616 Logan is dead, but to make up for no representation of the character, Old Man is carrying over.

MsMarvelDuckie
06-11-2015, 01:41 PM
Wolvie dead?! What, did he finally lose his regular wrestling match with Death? Ugh Im sooo tired of killing off characters or shaking up the MU with big "events" just for the sake of "new, exciting" stories no one asked for. Its getting beyond old....

Candy Kappa
06-11-2015, 02:14 PM
I'll give it a couple of months as best before 616 Logan comes back in one way or the other. Guy never stay dead for long.

ZariusTwo
06-17-2015, 02:01 PM
So it looks like Marvel have missed their September launch date for the All-New universe, as all the recent delays have pushed the tie-ins back.

ZariusTwo
06-21-2015, 01:58 AM
http://comicbook.com/2015/06/21/new-spider-man-series-announced-starring-miles-morales/

Bendis confirmed to keep writing Miles Morales in the new Marvel Universe.

ZariusTwo
06-24-2015, 08:35 AM
Adam Kubert joins Mark Waid and Mahmud Asrar on All-New Avengers

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/kubert-joins-waid-asrar-on-marvels-all-new-avengers

So far, that's

-Invincible Iron Man
-Captain Marvel
-Doctor Strange
-Spider-Man (Miles Morales)
-Spider-Gwen
-All-New, All Different Avengers

ZariusTwo
06-24-2015, 03:11 PM
Up next is James Robinson and Leonard Kirk on Squadron Supreme

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/marvel-announces-squadron-supreme-from-robinson-kirk

ZariusTwo
06-25-2015, 08:17 AM
Greg Pak, Frank Cho, and Sonia Oback on Totally Awesome Hulk

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/marvel-announces-greg-pak-frank-chos-totally-awesome-hulk

ZariusTwo
06-26-2015, 12:51 PM
The Uncanny Inhumans will also see Beast of the X-Men join Johnny Storm on the team. Medusa and Black Bolt will be on the team also, but will be estranged with Medusa using Johnny as a rebound. The initial storyline will see the Inhumans searching for Black Bolt and Medusa's son.

Shred Head
06-30-2015, 06:44 AM
Well almost all the titles have been leaked now I'll leave this link and let you guys see for yourselves. http://www.bleedingcool.com/tag/marveloctober/page/2/

I cant lie I'm not really happy with what has been revealed so far. That Spider-Man cover is the worst thing I have ever seen.What did Marvel do tell Alex Ross to draw stuff that represents Batman but then paint Spider-Man over it. Way to chase away people who picked up Renew Your Vows.

TigerClaw
06-30-2015, 06:57 AM
The cover for Spider-Woman #1 has been leaked, And she's pregnant.
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/markcassidycbm/news/?a=122263

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CItv7AbWIAASSIw.jpg

ZariusTwo
06-30-2015, 08:57 AM
Marvel: "See? See? A web-swinger can be both a parent and a superhero...oh, you thought for sure it was going to be Peter? ROFL":roll:

Here's a full list so far of the titles confirmed

All New, All Different Avengers - Mark Waid, Mahmud Asrar, and Adam Kubert
Invincible Iron Man - Brian Michael Bendis and David Marquez
Spider-Man (Miles) - Brian Michael Bendis and Sara Pichelli
Dr. Strange - Jason Aaron and Chris Bachalo
Captain Marvel - Tara Butters and Michele Fazekas
Spider-Gwen - Jason Latour, Robbi Rodriguez, and Rico Renzi
Squadron Supreme - James Robinson and Leonard Kirk
A-Force - G. Willow Wilson and ?
Totally Awesome Hulk - Greg Pak and Frank Cho
Ant-Man - Nick Spencer and Mark Brooks
Contest of Champions - Al Ewing and Paco Medina
Old Man Logan - Jeff Lemire and Andrea Sorrentino
Wolverine (Laura) - Tom Taylor and David Lopez
Deadpool - Geeey Duggan and Mike Hawthorne
Extraordinary X-Men - Jeff Lemire and Humberto Ramos
All New X-Men -Dennis Hopeless and Mark Bagley
Angela - Marguerite Bennett, Kim Jacinto and Stephanie Hans
Karnak - Warren Ellis and Gerardo Zaffino
Howling Commandos Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Frank Barbieri and Brent Schoonover
Venom Spaceknight - Robbie Thompson and Ariel Olivetti
Daredevil - Charles Soule and Ron Garney
Web Warriors - Mike Costa and David Baldeon
Vision - Tom King and Gabriel H Walta
The Illuminati - Josh Williamson and Shawn Crystal
Spider-Woman - Dennis Hopeless and Javier Rodriguez
The Ultimates - Al Ewing and Kenneth Rocafort
Carnage - Gerry Conway and Mike Perkins
Scarlet Witch - James Robinson and Kevin Wada
Silk - Robbie Thompson and Stacey Lee
Uncanny Avengers - Gerry Duggan and Ryan Stegman
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D - Marc Guggenheim and Mike Norton
New Avengers - Al Ewing and Gerardo Sandoval
Sam Wilson, Captain America - Nick Spencer and Daniel Acuna
Hawkeye (Kate and old Clint) - Jeff Lemire and Ramon Perez
Uncanny X-Men - Cullen Bunn and Greg Land
Guardians of the Galaxy - Brian Michael Bendis and Valerio Schiti
Star-Lord - Sam Humphries and ?
The Mighty Thor - Jason Aaron and Russell Dauternan
Ms. Marvel - G Willow Wilson, Takeshi Miyazawa and Adrian Alphon
Nova - Sean Ryan and Cory Smith
Drax - CM Punk and Ed McGuinness
Howard the Duck - Chip Zdarsky and Joe Quinones
Spider-Man 2099 - Peter David and Will Sliney
The Amazing Spider-Man - Dan Slott and Giuseppe Camuncoli

MsMarvelDuckie
07-01-2015, 10:50 PM
I see only three titles I'd be interested in, and they are not the ones I'd even NORMALLY read, which is disheartening.

They are:

Invincible Iron-Man
Spider-Man 2099
Guardians of the Galaxy

And that's about it. Though I MIGHT add Deadpool, Drax, New Avengers, Nova, Howard the Duck, and Dr. Strange or Captain Marvel to that list. Maybe.

snake
07-01-2015, 11:16 PM
I like this lineup

Here's my pull

Hell yeah
-
Dr. Strange
Hulk
Ant-Man
Carnage (Conway!)
Howard

Might be cool
-
Invincible Ironman
Squadron Supreme
Old Man Logan
Karnak
Venom Spaceknight
Vision

5 issue try
-
ANAD Avengers
Miles-Man
Contest Of Champions
Howling Commandos
Daredevil
The Illuminati
New Avengers
Sam Wilson
Drax
Spider-Man 2099

F*ck no
-
Captain Marvel
Spider-Gwen
A-Force
Wolverine
Deadpool
X-Men
All New X-Men
Angela
Web Warriors
Spider-Woman
The Ultimates
Scarlett Witch
Silk
Agents Of Sheild
Hawkeye
Uncanny X-Men
GOTG (F*ck you Bendis)
Star-Lord
The Mighty Thor
Ms. Marvel
Nova

Will Read But Pain
-
The Amazing Spider-Man

Overall, Spiderman titles are sh*t. What else is new?

MsMarvelDuckie
07-01-2015, 11:52 PM
I'd suggest adding 2099 to your pull, as Peter David was great on Spectacular Spider-Man and Hulk (and She-Hulk, IIRC) so that one will probably be good.

Shred Head
07-02-2015, 01:47 AM
I think I will be picking up fewer books then ever barley excited at all. So far the only books I'm actually happy about are Deadpool and Spider-Man 2099 and that's because there keeping there creative teams.

Books I'm getting
Deadpool
Spider-Man 2099
Old Man Logan
Wolverine
Extraordinary X-Men
Uncanny Avengers (Only because of Deadpool wouldn't pick up an Avenger title unless he was in it.)

Books that I will give a shot.
Venom Spaceknight (Tell the truth I wish marvel will just buy the rights to Rom. It cant be worth that much. Oh well maybe it wont be a poor substitute.)
Carnage (I like the writer and I'll admit I'm a sucker for Symbiotes.)
Uncanny X-Men (I'll pick it up once Greg Land is off the ****ing book)
All New X-men (Love the artiest and Laura but everything else not a fan of I'll give it a shot.)

Spike Spiegel
07-03-2015, 06:00 PM
I'm a little sad not to see a She-Hulk solo title on the list...

snake
07-04-2015, 12:12 AM
I'm a little sad not to see a She-Hulk solo title on the list...

She's a main character in Howard.

TonySiegel
07-07-2015, 10:26 PM
an old man cap. series might be sick

ZariusTwo
10-09-2015, 01:54 PM
New details on All-New All-Different Marvel at NYCC. This new reality is not just 616 with a few things from other realities thrown in, it's an all new reality called Universe 8.

http://www.newsarama.com/26250-nycc-2015-marvel-iron-man-the-avengers-panel.html

MsMarvelDuckie
11-10-2015, 05:58 PM
So what happened to 616 then?

ZariusTwo
11-11-2015, 04:49 AM
So what happened to 616 then?

Destroyed in the incursion at the beginning of Secret Wars.

A revelation last week in one of the Marvel books reveals not many can remember what happened to them when Secret Wars occured, and some characters have come to the conclusion their universe has been rebooted seven or so times, thus justifying all the retcons/retools to the continuous timeline over the years

ZariusTwo
12-02-2015, 11:36 AM
We learn a few new things this week

-Scott Summers lead a revolt against The Inhumans and supposedly died

-Mary Jane fled New York to get away from all the action, but her Chicago club ends up totalled in a fight between Tony, Madame Masque, and Doctor Doom. Obviously this will lead to her being broke and getting a job at Stark's company because Tony will feel bad.

MsMarvelDuckie
12-23-2015, 05:53 PM
So in other words, they want to make her the new Pepper. unless she's still around, in which case they may have to fight for it. Yay.... :trolleye:

ZariusTwo
12-24-2015, 10:25 AM
Bendis has confirmed Pepper will be showing up eventually, while Rhodes, and even Peter will be in the very next storyline

MsMarvelDuckie
12-24-2015, 06:45 PM
I don't know if I am still invested enough in Marvel anymore to care about all the new developments. It's just so darn depressing what they've done.

TurtleTitan97
12-24-2015, 11:34 PM
I don't know if I am still invested enough in Marvel anymore to care about all the new developments. It's just so darn depressing what they've done.

Agreed. Makes me grateful for the older issues and stuff.

ZariusTwo
12-25-2015, 05:00 AM
A mere three months after launch and the new books are said to be doing pretty terribly at the moment

Galactus
12-25-2015, 03:30 PM

They've barely done anything...and that's real cause for depression.

For all the doom mongering over this being a big reboot and upheaval it would cause you can pretty much count on the one hand what changes All New, All Different has made.

It does however devalue the idea that Marvel has been ruined if you were enjoying it before.

MsMarvelDuckie
12-25-2015, 04:00 PM
The thing is, I HAVEN'T been enjoying it for several years now. That's what I was talking about. From OMD/BND until the present, it's just steadily lost all appeal for me. Once in a while I would come across an issue of Avengers or something that I liked, but mostly it's just been one bad decision after another. Aside from the fact that my finances haven't allowed for regular reading for about five years now, even before that, I was losing interest in the MU. The latest "reboot/ret-con" and all the upheaval that goes with it are just the final nail in the coffin for me.

I like changes to the characters' world and situations, but this is the wrong way to go about it. I still believe that JMS was the best thing to happen to Spidey in decades, up until the Joephisto mandate of axing the marriage. I'm glad to see Peter David is still writing, Spidey 2099 is probably one of the FEW Marvel titles I'd still read, if only because HE knows how to tell a good story!

CyberCubed
12-25-2015, 05:49 PM
I don't understand the need to change every hero to a minority:

- Black Captain America
- Female Thor
- Asian Hulk
- Female Wolverine (although I'll let this slide since X-23 has existed for years)
- Hispanic Spiderman

I'm surprised they haven't axed Tony Stark yet and made a new Iron Man. Although with War Machine around they already have something like that.

Its especially baffling due to the popularity of the movies with the original characters, so people wanting to get into comics will see all the heroes are different than the movies and not want to bother.

MsMarvelDuckie
12-25-2015, 06:21 PM
But Falcon has ALWAYS been black.... And he's not the FIRST to take over as Captain America, either. Bucky already did that. And there was already a female Thor, too. Thor-Girl. In the MU2. And X-23 was technically Logan's clone. We also already had a Latino Spidey- Miguel O'Hara (Hispanic AND Irish!) aka Spidey 2099. Which is a different universe anyway.