PDA

View Full Version : Which episode was Winston Fripp's first appearance?

Yabuturtle
06-04-2015, 12:28 PM
I'm referring to Winston Fripp AKA Chronos from the episode "Split Second". When the Turtles look for him and recognize the clock tower, they have a flash back of them tying up Winston after he robbed the Treasury. Was that from an actual episode, or was it just a flashback showing them that they one time apprehended a guy named Winston, who turned into Chronos.

I feel like there was an episode in the 1987 series where Winston was first tied up. If not, I feel like it'd be a better episode if there was an episode where you first see Winston Fripp and then see Chronos. That way the audience could say "Oh yeah! I DO remember them tying up a guy in a clock tower. It was still a great episode though.

turtlefanforever
06-04-2015, 12:30 PM
No offense but, this should really be in the "what episode was that from" thread but there wasn't one. It was just a back story made on the spot. I wondered that too when i first saw it.

Yabuturtle
06-04-2015, 12:34 PM
No offense but, this should really be in the "what episode was that from" thread but there wasn't one. It was just a back story made on the spot. I wondered that too when i first saw it.

Oh ok. Sorry about that.

I think it would have made the episode more effective if there was an episode in the earlier scenes of them tying up a criminal named Winston Fripp. So that way Winston could have 2 appearances instead of just one and it'd be nostalgic to remember a time where they tied up a criminal to a clock tower.

turtlefanforever
06-04-2015, 12:39 PM
Oh ok. Sorry about that.

I think it would have made the episode more effective if there was an episode in the earlier scenes of them tying up a criminal named Winston Fripp. So that way Winston could have 2 appearances instead of just one and it'd be nostalgic to remember a time where they tied up a criminal to a clock tower.

i would have loved that. Always up from some Kronos talk, And it's really no problem. i hate even being that guy to be like "it should be here" just politely informing you.

Yabuturtle
06-04-2015, 12:54 PM
i would have loved that. Always up from some Kronos talk, And it's really no problem. i hate even being that guy to be like "it should be here" just politely informing you.

It's ok. Thanks for letting me know. :) I do appreciate it so I'll know where to post it next time. :)

Kronos really was a cool villain. He was actually clever, fooling the Turtles multiple times and nearly defeated them as well as Splinter.I would have liked to not only have an episode where you first see Winston Fripp getting tied up to the clock tower, but also have an episode where he wants revenge against the turtles as well as Dregg, since Dregg betrayed him at the end of the episode by being turned over to the cops to make Dregg look like a good guy. I wish they went into more detail on Kronos, like how he knew Splinter, the location of their lair or how he knew how to fight, and how he met Dregg. He could have been a really good reacurring villain. I noticed they did that a lot on the red sky season, by having decent villains but only show them once. Beserko is one of them.

He also had one of the best moments on the show, where he was tied up to the clock tower for a second time, and hated being there, but he was still laughing like a maniac. That gave me chills.

turtlefanforever
06-04-2015, 02:08 PM
It's ok. Thanks for letting me know. :) I do appreciate it so I'll know where to post it next time. :)

Kronos really was a cool villain. He was actually clever, fooling the Turtles multiple times and nearly defeated them as well as Splinter.I would have liked to not only have an episode where you first see Winston Fripp getting tied up to the clock tower, but also have an episode where he wants revenge against the turtles as well as Dregg, since Dregg betrayed him at the end of the episode by being turned over to the cops to make Dregg look like a good guy. I wish they went into more detail on Kronos, like how he knew Splinter, the location of their lair or how he knew how to fight, and how he met Dregg. He could have been a really good reacurring villain. I noticed they did that a lot on the red sky season, by having decent villains but only show them once. Beserko is one of them.

He also had one of the best moments on the show, where he was tied up to the clock tower for a second time, and hated being there, but he was still laughing like a maniac. That gave me chills.

He's only in one episode yet Kronos is one of my favorite TMNT villians of all time. There is so much they could do with him!

Wesley
06-04-2015, 03:17 PM
He's only in one episode yet Kronos is one of my favorite TMNT villians of all time. There is so much they could do with him!

Agreed. I watched Split-Second again recently and Kronos was entertaining to watch. He reminds me of the Joker.

CyberCubed
06-04-2015, 04:29 PM
The episode was very similar to "The Clock King" from B:TAS, and David Wise wrote both eps.

Yabuturtle
06-05-2015, 08:03 AM

Indeed. Would you be happy to know I'm making a fan fiction where Kronos is involved? :twink:

cammy85
06-05-2015, 10:08 AM
Yeah, that happened offscreen. It would have been neat to see but thanks to cutbacks it never happened. Villain revenge stories like this are cool anyway, and it would've been nice NOT to involve Dregg but alas.

neatoman
06-05-2015, 11:44 AM
The episode was very similar to "The Clock King" from B:TAS, and David Wise wrote both eps.

David Wise reusing scripts? Totally unheard of... Aside from the like 15 confirmed cases that is...

Yabuturtle
06-05-2015, 12:01 PM

I actually had no idea he wrote both episodes. I can see the resemblances. Kronos is like the Joker if he fused with The Clock King. xD