PDA

View Full Version : Trevor Zammit Raphael Statue

Bmaga123
06-05-2015, 12:57 PM
Just wanted to share my recent score. I have been trying to get this extremely rare statue for 2 years now and finally was able to obtain one from Trevor himself. The pictures speak for themselves but this IMO is the holy grail of TMNT statues. Trevor nailed the proportions of this character so well with this piece. The details are second to none I still cannot stop looking at him. He is in 1/6 scale and stands about 9 inches high. He comes with 4 different hands so he can hold his sai in different positions. The lighting in these pics are not the greatest and do not do the piece justice at all. Thanks for looking.

Bmaga123
06-05-2015, 12:58 PM
More Pics of Raphael statue

CyberCubed
06-05-2015, 01:05 PM
Looks fantastic. Congrats.

mexichrist83
06-06-2015, 05:03 PM
So that's what this is. I have seen pictures of it before but never knew where it came from. That is such a rad statue! So envious.

TheMasterTurtle
06-27-2015, 10:49 AM
I too have Trevor's statue and agree, it's very well done. I still have to build and paint the kit but I'm happy to have it. Trevor was working on Donny when I got mine 2 plus years ago. Do you know if he is still doing that or maybe finishing any more? Congrats

Bmaga123
06-28-2015, 01:39 AM
I too have Trevor's statue and agree, it's very well done. I still have to build and paint the kit but I'm happy to have it. Trevor was working on Donny when I got mine 2 plus years ago. Do you know if he is still doing that or maybe finishing any more? Congrats

Hey man Thx and congrats yourself on owning this rare masterpiece. Trevor put Don on the back burner but he does plan to finish him and move onto Leo next. This could take years he says as he is super busy with other projects.

TheMasterTurtle
06-28-2015, 07:58 PM
Hey man Thx and congrats yourself on owning this rare masterpiece. Trevor put Don on the back burner but he does plan to finish him and move onto Leo next. This could take years he says as he is super busy with other projects.

Well consiering I've had Raph for 2 plus years maybe he will release them every 5-10 years ;)

BubblyShell22
06-29-2015, 07:40 AM
Awesome statue, dude. Congrats.

d_osborn
06-29-2015, 10:41 AM
I'm not usually a statue guy, but I'm a huge fan of this dude's work. His use of silicone for the skin is a really cool texture detail. It's a shame that he hasn't/can't pursue an official license to produce these things legally.

Sabacooza
06-29-2015, 11:25 AM
I'm not usually a statue guy, but I'm a huge fan of this dude's work. His use of silicone for the skin is a really cool texture detail. It's a shame that he hasn't/can't pursue an official license to produce these things legally.Probably because Prime 1 will be making the 1990 movie statues. They should look killer but the price tag will also kill your wallet.

beeshaw
06-29-2015, 11:31 AM
That really is a nice piece! Congrats!!

d_osborn
06-29-2015, 04:46 PM
Probably because Prime 1 will be making the 1990 movie statues. They should look killer but the price tag will also kill your wallet.
Interesting-- first I've heard of this. I knew of the Platinum Dunes statues, but not anything from the Barron film. Has this been confirmed? Link?

Bmaga123
06-29-2015, 06:09 PM
I'm not usually a statue guy, but I'm a huge fan of this dude's work. His use of silicone for the skin is a really cool texture detail. It's a shame that he hasn't/can't pursue an official license to produce these things legally.

He actually uses translucent green resin for these statues :-)

Sabacooza
06-29-2015, 07:20 PM
Interesting-- first I've heard of this. I knew of the Platinum Dunes statues, but not anything from the Barron film. Has this been confirmed? Link?It was sort of confirmed by Prime 1. They teased an image of the 1990 movie poster on their facebook page to give a hint of future projects on top of the PD statues they were making. Someone asked if they were doing them. They took the image down and said we currently have no plans at this point. I think they made a mistake and realized they should sell the PD statues first or people won't buy and hold out for the 1990 movie statues instead.

d_osborn
06-29-2015, 09:27 PM
He actually uses translucent green resin for these statues :-)
Ah, cool. Thought I read somewhere that it was trans silicone. Cool either way.

Fingers crossed Prime 1 does the series justice if they have the license. I would go nuts for an accurate Barron Shredder maquette.