PDA

View Full Version : Headcanon

ticktack
06-11-2015, 05:37 AM
So Saki was a boy with sheep skin (innocent looking outside) because he befriend with Yoshi but on the other hand wanted too see yoshi's (other headcanon would have been tang shen's) destroyal (humanity, economical- money, sucsess etc) so when he's done his bad work (killing, burning the house), he's dragging Tang Shen in there, in his story, and making up the existence of his love gh#%^##&f for someone and some other unnessesary things:P. If he valued his friend/brother he would let him be happy on his own, not obsessed (even if the love was true) with smth smth Tabg Swen.

Ceres
06-11-2015, 06:27 AM
nice headcanon, got more of them?

Powder
06-11-2015, 06:34 AM
Huh? :trazz:

In all seriousness, I am having difficulty understanding your post.

Luckyday
06-11-2015, 06:39 AM
^ Agreed and maybe explain a little on the point of this thread?:ohwell:

BubblyShell22
06-11-2015, 07:20 AM
I agree also that this post is very hard to follow.

neatoman
06-11-2015, 07:29 AM
Headcanon

FshkO8HqQ10

ticktack
06-11-2015, 08:09 AM
the point was about fun of sharing opinions and a little goofying around on this forum. Thanks EmpressOfShadows, your compliment was nice. Also Saki/Yoshi were calling themselves to be ''brothers'', Splinter aka Hamato Yoshi at least.

neatoman, you're rude, why would I need to listen the word ''no'' for 30 seconds?! *rhetorical question*

.....:d......

Ceres
06-11-2015, 08:54 AM
Oh well i have headcanons too, for example one of them is Kraang Sub-Prime secretly loves to be a teenage girl that is why he still walks around in this ridiculous Irma suit and also has a rather juvenile talking style xD. Another Headcanon is that K-Prime is female, no matter what other people say, that is why its a headcanon of mine ;P.

neatoman
06-11-2015, 08:57 AM
neatoman, you're rude, why would I need to listen the word ''no'' for 30 seconds?! *rhetorical question*

Because "headcanon" is an interpretation mixed in with a theory, but usually without much reason to back it up and just go with it because they think it's cool.

I could say "Leonardo is the reincarnation of Oroku Nagi" and stick to it but there are a number of problems with that, first and foremost that Oroku Nagi has never been mention on the show and there are no hints toward his existance, so it's an invalid interpretation for very basic reasons.

ticktack
06-11-2015, 11:30 AM
neatoman, I haven't included Oroku Nagi in my post. By saying brother/friend I ment Splinter/Yoshi-Saki/Shredder relationship. Yoshi (Splinter) adressed their relątionship to be as ''he was to me as a brother'' before.

TurFlytle
06-11-2015, 01:25 PM
neatoman, I haven't included Oroku Nagi in my post. By saying brother/friend I ment Splinter/Yoshi-Saki/Shredder relationship. Yoshi (Splinter) adressed their relątionship to be as ''he was to me as a brother'' before.

Uh, he was making an example.

TurtleTitan97
06-11-2015, 01:33 PM

https://anotherschwab.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/miss-the-point.png

neatoman
06-11-2015, 02:53 PM

That's not the point, the point was that I think "headcanon" is a dumb concept. Having an interpretation or theory is something valid, but you should not drag nonsense into it. If you do that it makes the interpretation or theory invalid.

The "Leo is Oroku Nagi" thing was an example I came up with to illustrate this.

plastroncafe
06-11-2015, 03:05 PM
HOW DARE YOU PLAY WITH YOUR TOYS THE WAY YOU WANT TO?!?

Or...something.

Cure
06-11-2015, 04:16 PM
So headcanon is just...fanfiction? Pretend? Is that what's happening? I still don't get it.

CyberCubed
06-11-2015, 04:26 PM
Headcanon is a tumblr thing, they come up with scenarios involving characters (usually their sexuality or if they're "demi" whatever the hell that means), and post short theories about them. Essentially mini-fanfiction.

Its something the anime crowd does a lot.

pennydreadful
06-11-2015, 05:24 PM
Not exactly. Headcanon is, and always has been, a fandom term for someone's personal take on/interpretation of canon material. While that can include ships, it can also cover things as simple as what someone feels happened after or in-between an episode, or what a fan thinks a character's fave taste in music might be, or a back-story for a character that doesn't have one... even something small like how the Turtles manage to get money for pizza. A character might be shown to die on-screen but someone has a headcanon that they didn't actually die, just were terribly injured, for example - so it can extend to AUs in some instances.

If enough other fans share that headcanon and/or it shows up frequently in fanworks, then it becomes fanon - for example, Draco Malfoy often wearing leather pants in fanfiction.

There is some bleed-over between headcanon and fanon because fandom is, by its nature, interactive and therefore organic and always growing.

Cure
06-11-2015, 05:51 PM
So it's pretend. People are pretending and imagining things. Got it.

pennydreadful
06-11-2015, 06:20 PM
All fiction is pretend, if we're going to get technical about it. The entire franchise is based on people pretending that turtles are ninjas.

I'm of the opinion that a story being done by a fan doesn't inherently mean that it has no value, just like something being canon doesn't necessarily mean it's great (e.g. Volume 4). At the end of the day, it just comes back to whose pretending has been officially licensed and whose hasn't. Fans can do great stuff and sh*tty stuff, just like official staff. *shrugs*

To get an idea of how much classic literature is technically fanfic/was based on someone else's original works and how blurry the line can get, you can check out this list here: http://bookshop.livejournal.com/1044495.html

Though to bring this back to the thread's original point, I didn't fully understand what the OP was trying to say either.

MsMarvelDuckie
06-11-2015, 06:38 PM
Huh, someone doesn't "get" head-canon. Imagine that. It's no more or less than things like thinking Donatello has a mild addiction to coffee, or that Leonardo is into calligraphy and haiku poetry, or Mikey's interest in comics extends to trying to write or draw his own. Or, yes, shipping Raph with Alopex because they seem mildly interested in each other, or whatever else someone might "imagine" for any given character or storyline based on the canon material. (For instance, I have a head-canon for OT Donnie that he's a- non-functional- hermaphrodite; his mood swings, general lack of interest in females [or anything outside of his lab], higher voice, choice of purple, and that odd flub in Donatello's Degree where the professor thought he was a girl because of his name gave me the idea. It was just a funny way to explain all of that without going with the over-done trope of him being gay. Having him be secretly half female instead just seemed to fit the circumstances.....)

Ceres
06-11-2015, 07:14 PM
Huh, someone doesn't "get" head-canon. Imagine that. It's no more or less than things like thinking Donatello has a mild addiction to coffee, or that Leonardo is into calligraphy and haiku poetry, or Mikey's interest in comics extends to trying to write or draw his own. Or, yes, shipping Raph with Alopex because they seem mildly interested in each other, or whatever else someone might "imagine" for any given character or storyline based on the canon material. (For instance, I have a head-canon for OT Donnie that he's a- non-functional- hermaphrodite; his mood swings, general lack of interest in females [or anything outside of his lab], higher voice, choice of purple, and that odd flub in Donatello's Degree where the professor thought he was a girl because of his name gave me the idea. It was just a funny way to explain all of that without going with the over-done trope of him being gay. Having him be secretly half female instead just seemed to fit the circumstances.....)
i kind of like this headcanon it has at least halfway decent arguments to discuss things based on that.

Powder
06-11-2015, 07:38 PM

So it's pretend. People are pretending and imagining things. Got it.

He definitely gets it. That's quite an imagination you've got there...

(& for the record the Michelangelo & Leo bits are real canon, in Mirage.)

MsMarvelDuckie
06-11-2015, 08:25 PM
That was kind of the point there, Powder. About Leo and Mikey, I mean. (Though I don't recall those being explicitly shown beyond Mikey writing the story in that one issue. Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with much of the Mirage material.)

And thanks- I take that as a compliment. It was just something that hit me one day while listening to Barry's VA delivery in the series, and the fact that he had to use Irma as a go-between for that episode. And I thought, "wouldn't it be hilarious if he WAS a "girl" (sort of) and the guy actually got it RIGHT?" And suddenly Splinter's choice of name for him just got so much more appropriate.... (Maybe he knew? Well, it was just a fun twist that played off his name and that high voice, anyway.)

Gunstar_Red
06-11-2015, 10:00 PM
Headcanons can be interesting. They are basically glorified theories. Some are completely out there while others are sensible. Rarely, they sometimes become canon. (Good example of this happening over and over again: My Little Pony FiM.) But, it often walks the line of legality hence why some creators explicitly ask people not to send them ideas.

...I think this belongs in the fanart/fiction section.

And Duckie, you should look for interviews on Sam Riegel (2k3 Don) about how he takes on his voice acting roles. ;)

MsMarvelDuckie
06-11-2015, 10:15 PM
Yeah, I've heard some of the discussions about that, and find it ironic and funny. Especially in light of how that Don is the LEAST likely for that to apply. I've heard others say they always thought of OT Don as slightly skewed that direction, which is part of why I came up with that- it twisted the "common" head-canon/fanon into something more..... Unique? (And now we know why he spends SOOO much time in his lab..... :trazz: )

Also, if this belongs anywhere, it belongs in the TMNT general section. Just a thought.

ProactiveMan
06-12-2015, 03:53 AM
I clicked on this thread because I literally thought someone had draw a picture involving a head mounted cannon. I know they're spelled differently... I'm an idiot.

Ceres
06-12-2015, 04:59 AM
I clicked on this thread because I literally thought someone had draw a picture involving a head mounted cannon. I know they're spelled differently... I'm an idiot.

and thats coming from someone with a Krang avatar xD(jk)

ticktack
06-13-2015, 04:56 AM
HOW DARE YOU PLAY WITH YOUR TOYS THE WAY YOU WANT TO?!?

Or...something.

plastroncafe, you're right, people make headcanons the way they want to. :)