PDA

View Full Version : Gamer Youtubers

Mew
06-17-2015, 08:35 PM
After seeing the thread upon James Rolfe reviewing TMNT 3 on NES, I would like to discuss my opinon on gamer Youtubers. I do like the AVGN's style of comedy, although I like it better in a smaller dosage I have found myself only watching a few of his videos in a day. I do like Cinnemasacre in general, and I feel they base their video schedule on quality over quantity. I really like this channel.
As for PewDiePie, I freaking HATE him. He is annoying and his video schedule is based on quantity over quality. I don't get the "bros" that support him. Now, I think he does some things right, like donations to charity off the money he makes, but this doesn't make up for his videos. I really only liked his Skate 3 videos, but it got really state after watching a few of them. His channel sucks.
Now, Black Nerd Comedy. He is a gamer, but his gaming videos are more based on gaming news, and a lot of gaming merchandise. I love his comedy, and unlike AVGN's videos, I feel I can watch a lot of his videos in one sitting. (And, yes, I know there is a Black Nerd Comedy TMNT thread, and I especially love those videos, but this is about the gaming content he makes.)
JonTron, Peanut Butter Gamer, ProJared, and BrutalMoose are again, Youtubers I really like. Although, I feel there style of comedy is very similar. But this doesn't affect my opinion on them. I like that they mix modern and classic games into their shows. I especially like PBG's Hey You! PIkachu! video.

Feel free to share your opinons on these Youtubers!

Candy Kappa
06-18-2015, 01:18 AM
I like Pewdiepie in doses, but most of the entertainment comes from him getting scared from the horror games and not necessarily the character Felix portray as Pewdiepie.

snake
06-18-2015, 01:22 AM
I only watch AVGN/James. He's seems like a cool guy.

raph27
06-18-2015, 06:23 AM
The only one I like is AVGN. The others are so cringeworthy.

Whatswiththeheadbands?
06-18-2015, 06:30 AM
Markiplier and jacksepticeye are my favorites.

Netkeeper
06-18-2015, 12:34 PM
I have a bit of a list.

Markiplier, AVGN, the Completionist, Critikal, Boogie2988, the Game Theorists, Adam Koralik, JWittz, Black Nerd, JonTron, TamashiiHiroka, Gaijin Goombah, Extra Credits, Yahtzee, dookieshed, Game Grumps, and of course, my absolute favourite, Jim ****ing Sterling, son.

turtlefanforever
06-18-2015, 01:50 PM
That's a shame for them, with you being their core audience. The only gameplay i watch on youtube is high round zombies, and it's never any specific youtuber i just search for it.

Most youtube gamers are all geared towards 5-14 year old kids.

Prowler
06-18-2015, 06:23 PM
I follow Cinemassacre/AVGN and that's it. Been a fan since 2006 and will be a fan until the channel dies.

I've watched a few JonTron videos. They were alright, I guess. His humor is a bit cheesy and forced, but he seems like a decent fellow.

PewDiePie, only know it by name. Never bothered checking it out.

As for the others mentioned ITT, I have never even heard of them.

Also, are those guys who tried to emulate AVGN back in 2006-2007 such as Spoony, Armake, that dickhead IrateGamer, etc. still around? :lol:

TheSkeletonMan939
06-18-2015, 06:27 PM
PeanutButterGamer is hilarious when his humor isn't forced. You can tell when he's trying too hard on a video.

Same goes for JonTron. Dude's hilarious when he lets silly be silly, and doesn't try to force in extra humor.

Mew
06-18-2015, 06:41 PM
I follow Cinemassacre/AVGN and that's it. Been a fan since 2006 and will be a fan until the channel dies.

I've watched a few JonTron videos. They were alright, I guess. His humor is a bit cheesy and forced, but he seems like a decent fellow.

PewDiePie, only know it by name. Never bothered checking it out.

As for the others mentioned ITT, I have never even heard of them.

Also, are those guys who tried to emulate AVGN back in 2006-2007 such as Spoony, Armake, that dickhead IrateGamer, etc. still around? :lol:
IrateGamer is still around...kinda. Not many videos being uploaded.

Powder
06-18-2015, 06:48 PM
Cinemassacre & Jontron. All the rest is sh*t.

TigerClaw
06-18-2015, 06:50 PM
There's a lot of good Gaming Youtubers out there, I'm just not a fan of the ones that scream on the top of there lungs.

Netkeeper
06-18-2015, 07:03 PM
I think Spoony might be? My brother's a fan.

There's a lot of good Gaming Youtubers out there, I'm just not a fan of the ones that scream on the top of there lungs.
Sounds like Critikal would be right up your alley.

Peanut
06-18-2015, 08:31 PM
They're all cringe worthy. AVGN is the only one I can stand and it probably has a lot to do with 1) watching him for a super long time and 2) him being a normal guy and not an actual scum sucker from the toxic games community.

Jester
06-18-2015, 08:42 PM
Cinemassacre & Jontron. All the rest is sh*t.
I knew I liked you. :D

Watch Spoony ocationally, too....if he posts a new video that ain't Wrestle/Wrestle.

Prowler
06-18-2015, 09:41 PM
I knew I liked you. :D

Watch Spoony ocationally, too....if he posts a new video that ain't Wrestle/Wrestle.
I remember back when he had like one game review only. The Adventures of Bayou Billy. this was back in... 2006? 2007? Back when everyone was trying to do the "angry gamer" gimmick. It's the only video of his I've ever seen until this day and was surprised when someone a couple of years ago told me that he watched him and that he was actually quite a famous gamer on youtube.

As for Irate Gamer, he used to plagiarize AVGN stuff. Always found him to be a hack. But weirdly still achieved a lot of success.

Ninjinister
06-18-2015, 10:51 PM
JonTron grew on me, but the rest are all goddamn cancers. EVERY. ONE. OF. THEM.

ProactiveMan
06-19-2015, 12:31 AM
I like James Rolf's videos, Retsupurae, Boogie2988, The Game Chasers and I dip in and out of a few others. I've gotten into Arcade stuff lately too, like Arcade Impossible and John's Arcade. That stuff is really interesting.

I think people take this stuff too seriously though. It's just games related fluff for killing time; nothing to get hot under the collar about.

Cure
06-19-2015, 12:54 AM
I like Game Theory.

Autbot_Benz
06-19-2015, 01:25 AM
Game Grumps (Arin and Danny are hilarious) Jontron Peanutbuttergamer AVGN Knightwing01

Candy Kappa
06-19-2015, 01:37 AM
I'm a huge fan of Spoony, but he hasn't done a whole lot of video game reviews lately, mostly vcr board games. I hoped he'd release more videos considering how popular his Patreon is, at least he seems to be working on the next final fantasy review.

AT-Man
06-19-2015, 01:59 AM
Previously Recorded in RedLetterMedia, they are the best and AVGN comes after. I'm trying to watch their live streams every time possible. Rich Evans' laughter could probably cure cancer in right circumstances.

ProactiveMan
06-19-2015, 03:20 AM
Previously Recorded in RedLetterMedia, they are the best and AVGN comes after. I'm trying to watch their live streams every time possible. Rich Evans' laughter could probably cure cancer in right circumstances.

I forgot about those guys. I thought they had given up, because the Previously Recorded videos weren't showing up on RedLetterMedia's 'uploaded' stream. The other day I noticed that they had made heaps of them. Gives me something to binge on this weekend. :thumbsup: Ayyyyyyy :thumbsup:

Gunpowder
06-19-2015, 04:31 AM
I like James, Game Grumps, and JonTron. Though tbh I'm not familiar with that many others.

http://i60.tinypic.com/2co4qz8.gif

Prowler
06-20-2015, 12:09 PM
They're all cringe worthy. AVGN is the only one I can stand and it probably has a lot to do with 1) watching him for a super long time and 2) him being a normal guy and not an actual scum sucker from the toxic games community.
Ye James seems like a pretty chill and cool dude. He's also pretty humble despite his success and listens to the fans and has no problem admitting when he's wrong.

How are the others scum? Genuine question since I don't know most.

chrisdude
06-20-2015, 10:37 PM
I subscribe to James Rolfe's accounts on YouTube, and watch all his game-related videos. I also like Hip-Hop Gamer. And, even though his videos aren't on YouTube, I'll also include The Final Bosman on GameTrailers. I look forward to that show every week. I like ProJared, too, but I don't follow him regularly.

I was a big fan of Rev3 Games, before they shut down...

snake
06-21-2015, 01:26 AM

RLM does games? Or is it just Jack and Rich? Because Mike and Jay don't seem like "gaming types"

I really recommend RLM to anyone who enjoys movies. They're just 2 normal guys who love movies. They don't have gimmicks or anything to appeal to the deviantart/youtube comment section crowd, but still manage to be funny. Plus they don't scream for no reason or pretend to be angry.

Turo602
06-21-2015, 01:53 AM
Cinemasscre, The Game Theorists, DidYouKnowGaming?, and GameTrailers/GT Reviews are my favorites. Any channel that features a guy in the corner of the screen obnoxiously reacting to sh*tty games is filth.

AT-Man
06-21-2015, 01:57 AM
RLM does games? Or is it just Jack and Rich? Because Mike and Jay don't seem like "gaming types"

Yup, Jack and Rich. Occasionally Jay joins the live stream sessions and Mike has been playing at least QWOP and Don't Sh*t Your Pants, both once.

Peanut
06-22-2015, 08:21 AM
How are the others scum? Genuine question since I don't know most.

I'm not talking about specific YouTube personalities (though I'm sure many of them also fit that mold,) but about the video game community at large. It's disgusting.

xbennoda
07-09-2015, 06:11 PM
I've been a fan of PewDiePie since Christmas 2012... but lately I am disappointed in what he is doing. He's trying to satisfy those 'bros' that were complaining about his videos being too long and not having enough quality or some ****. I watch Sims 3 Let's Plays. Not much up for YTubers.. hate that word.

ssjup81
07-12-2015, 03:24 AM
For me, I like watching...

AVGN/James & Mike play
Game Theorists channel
Game Sack channel
GNoggin channel
The Gaming Historian channel
Did You Know Gaming

That's all that comes to mind for me right off.

Coola Yagami
07-12-2015, 04:11 AM
Mostly the Nerd, though I do like Markiplier's FNAF vids and sometimes Angry Joe when one of his rants is something I feel just as bitter about. The Game Sack is also pretty good too.

I do game reviews, though I also do Let's Plays to fill in the time it takes to do the reviews. They do take quite a long while to put together.

PangolinFeets
07-12-2015, 05:31 AM
Ugh, I really can't get into the Lets Plays scene. I think its just the new generation's thing that I will never get. I used to watch AVGN, but ever since that bomb of a panel at Pax, I've kinda lost interest.
The only youtube gaming show I really watch is Hot Pepper Gaming.

CowabungaMikey
11-17-2015, 02:54 PM
I watch a lot of them.

My favorites are Cinemassacre (AVGN), Game Grumps and JonTron, but I also watch Caddicarus, PeanutButterGamer, Brutalmoose, Irate Gamer, ChadTronic, Jimmy Whetzel, ProJared, Professor Juice and VideoGameDunkey.
Markiplier can be funny 50% of the time and pretty cringeworthy the other 50%. Absolutely hate PewDiePie and Jacksepticeye.

Etsyturtle2
11-17-2015, 03:43 PM
Dashiegames, jacksepticeye, Markiplier, unerhaxornova, game grumps, game theorists, Lamarr Wilson... Lots more.

Edit: and Avgn. I used to watch him almost religiously.

ssjup81
11-17-2015, 09:42 PM
I watch a lot of them.

My favorites are Cinemassacre (AVGN), Game Grumps and JonTron, but I also watch Caddicarus, PeanutButterGamer, Brutalmoose, Irate Gamer, ChadTronic, Jimmy Whetzel, ProJared, Professor Juice and VideoGameDunkey.
Markiplier can be funny 50% of the time and pretty cringeworthy the other 50%. Absolutely hate PewDiePie and Jacksepticeye.I definitely agree about Markpilar....but he has a wonderful voice.

Storm Wolf
12-02-2015, 09:25 PM
I really can't stand 90% of PewDiePie's videos. I just find him super annoying and...odd. I feel like his success was just luck. I do, however, like his Weird stuff bought off the internet series.

Jacksepticeye I just can't seem to get into....high pitch voice and high energy just don't seem to peak my interest.

Most people have listed the same people I watch. I do like to watch Raedwulf. Some of his older stuff is a bit...boring, but I really feel that he has developed a goofy and sincere humor over his "career". He doesn't have a huge following right now.

I usually come across people while surfing youtube to see game play of a game I am interested in. I've enjoyed watching various youtubers play Outlast. I think I have to much anxiety to ever play that myself! :P

ssjup81
12-03-2015, 05:10 AM
You know, I've still never seen a Pewdie Pie video. I honestly didn't even know who he was until he was mentioned on Game Theory. He was also on South Park last season for the Christmas episode.

Etsyturtle2
12-03-2015, 03:16 PM
I really can't stand 90% of PewDiePie's videos. I just find him super annoying and...odd. I feel like his success was just luck. I do, however, like his Weird stuff bought off the internet series.

Jacksepticeye I just can't seem to get into....high pitch voice and high energy just don't seem to peak my interest.

Most people have listed the same people I watch. I do like to watch Raedwulf. Some of his older stuff is a bit...boring, but I really feel that he has developed a goofy and sincere humor over his "career". He doesn't have a huge following right now.

I usually come across people while surfing youtube to see game play of a game I am interested in. I've enjoyed watching various youtubers play Outlast. I think I have to much anxiety to ever play that myself! :P

Agreed on pewdiepie. Weird stuff online is one of my favorite series.