PDA

View Full Version : Ideal casting

neatoman
06-21-2015, 04:33 AM
Arnold Schwarzenegger as Hun, here's a potential scene.

"As Hun stands in front of Arnold Jones' store, holding a lighter. Arnold Jones tied up inside the store, everything has been covered in gasoline. Casey arrives at the scene.

Hun: Ah Jones! So nice to see you, I just came here to tell your father to not work so late, he might get burned out.

As soon as he said that, he drops the lighter on a puddle of gasoline, burning the store to the ground."

Amaranthus
06-21-2015, 04:38 AM
lmao what?

neatoman
06-21-2015, 05:36 AM
lmao what?

Just an Arnold one-liner that would make sense for Hun.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-21-2015, 10:31 AM
Just an Arnold one-liner that would make sense for Hun.

:tlol: I wouldn't want Arnie as Hun, but man, that one-liner is pretty golden...

BubblyShell22
06-21-2015, 03:50 PM
Ugh, that would be the worst casting ever, but I agree that line is pretty funny.

shuriken
06-21-2015, 08:45 PM
Arnold Schwarzenegger as Hun, here's a potential scene.

"As Hun stands in front of Arnold Jones' store, holding a lighter. Arnold Jones tied up inside the store, everything has been covered in gasoline. Casey arrives at the scene.

Hun: Ah Jones! So nice to see you, I just came here to tell your father to not work so late, he might get burned out.

As soon as he said that, he drops the lighter on a puddle of gasoline, burning the store to the ground."

But that woulda worked for mid eighties-mid nineties Shwarzenegger, not current day ex-governator Arnie.

Jephael
06-21-2015, 08:47 PM
For a while now I've been saying how much I'd love to see Anna Kendrick as April O' Neil, and I even started coming up with a TMNT parody of the "Cups" song:

I got a portal to Dimension X; 2 boxes of pizza for the way...
and I sure would like some green companions,
and I'm leaving tomorrow what'ya say?

I know it still needs work. I might ask Black Nerd to help me out on this if I meet him.

Commenter 42
06-22-2015, 01:16 AM
Ugh.

Kendrick IRL is a bitch. She makes Megan Fox look friendly.

Just saying.

Nice Hun line OP. I'll be honest though, I much prefer Nick's Hun.

BubblyShell22
06-22-2015, 06:32 AM
Really? I actually like Anna Kendrick myself and think she's cool but to each their own.

And I agree that I really like Nick's Hun, too. If they had him, I'd say give it to Jackie Chan.

Foombamaroom
06-22-2015, 08:37 AM
I "like" Nick's Hun, but not as Hun, if that makes sense. That is not Hun, but it's a funny character.

Commenter 42
06-22-2015, 12:10 PM
Really? I actually like Anna Kendrick myself and think she's cool but to each their own.

And I agree that I really like Nick's Hun, too. If they had him, I'd say give it to Jackie Chan.

Yeah, I was at an event a few years back. It was an intimate gathering, so I guess her guard was down. Not the person you think she is, but then again, actors are actors, so you never know who they really are. Some folks are really cool, fun people - Joshua Jackson comes to mind - that guy would give you the shirt off of his back. Beau Bridges is another gentle and kind person.
It takes all kinds I guess...

I love Jackie Chan too, he's such a great guy, but clearly, Nick's Hun isn't Chan. I think it's what I dig so much - it's a great Bruce Lee caricature.

I "like" Nick's Hun, but not as Hun, if that makes sense. That is not Hun, but it's a funny character.

I get the divide. I've just never really been a fan of the big blonde guy, but i totally see how the change could rub fans the wrong way. It's a big change.

Foombamaroom
06-22-2015, 12:28 PM
I get the divide. I've just never really been a fan of the big blonde guy, but i totally see how the change could rub fans the wrong way. It's a big change.

Yeah, I wasn't a fan of Hun, either, but I just don't like the fact that they made a whole new character and call it Hun.

BubblyShell22
06-22-2015, 02:10 PM
Commenter: I know that Nick's Hun is an homage to Bruce Lee, but since Lee is dead, it makes sense to give the role to Chan if they were going that route in the movie since he's a cool martial artist. And as for Anna, she could have been having a bad day, too. It does happen.

Commenter 42
06-22-2015, 02:59 PM
Yeah, I wasn't a fan of Hun, either, but I just don't like the fact that they made a whole new character and call it Hun.

Well, on the flip side, it gives us a version of Lee fighting the Turtles, which is awesome, and it gives him the "cred" of being an important character in the fandom.

I see it as a win-win personally. Possibly one of the few times they've re-imagined a character where I'm happier with the new over the old. That and Rahzar. The new design is much cooler (if completely illogical) than SOTO.

I can't say the same for Be-bop and Rocksteady.

Commenter 42
06-22-2015, 05:24 PM
Commenter: I know that Nick's Hun is an homage to Bruce Lee, but since Lee is dead, it makes sense to give the role to Chan if they were going that route in the movie since he's a cool martial artist. And as for Anna, she could have been having a bad day, too. It does happen.

Sure. But I've heard stories. Apparently i wasn't the only one with that impression. But what-eves, believe what you want. :lol:

And yeah, Chan is a great guy, but at his age, he's not "martial-arting" all that much anymore.

Besides, this version of Hun is a young Bruce Lee. It would be cool to see a sexy late 20's rock star Bruce Lee wanna be - at least that's my take.

Wolfie65
06-23-2015, 07:28 AM
Ideal casting for TMNT 57: Turtles in Retirement.