PDA

View Full Version : [Question] Are the Technodrome Forums getting worse as a whole?

Pages : [1] 2

Papenbrook
06-27-2015, 07:45 PM
I feel that the forums,as a whole, are getting worse. There are so many reasons why I think the forums are going downhill, and aren't making a comeback.

- There are more biased threads.
- Nearly everyone is fighting over who is right.
- There is an increase of trolling/flaming.
- The comments in the thread are not about the topic at hand.
- The comments are getting more cruel and overboard over time.

These are the reasons on why I think the forums are getting worse. I am worried it will get to the point that the forums will jump the shark.

Discuss below.

TurtleTitan97
06-27-2015, 07:50 PM
So in other words, it's just like every other internet forum?

Mew
06-27-2015, 08:01 PM
I think a lot of people here are way to harsh and are jerks. There are a lot of stupid people on here. Not gonna name any, but you can guess who.

raphmike
06-27-2015, 08:03 PM
same as rangerbroad and other bad form i don't like mean people. here i
just scare of people make me not want post anymore. i am only very sweet
nice and good person.

Powder
06-27-2015, 08:41 PM
If there is a problem, it is not with the forums, but with the world. You will find people getting caught up in their egos everywhere, be it online or in reality. None of the behaviors you take issue with are exclusive or new to these boards whatsoever. You'll see these same things on Facebook, IGN, Youtube, etc, but unlike some of those sites, I don't find those negatives to be a standout quality on the drome. We are like-minded in our love for the TMNT, & I think that gives a togetherness, however far below the surface that may be, greater than other groups of people who comment on news articles & the like. There is plenty of level-headed discussion here. More good than bad, by large. There are those who don't wish to budge from their stances, sure, but that's not for a lack of trying on part of those who share a different point of view.

At any rate, my vote is "no".

There is, if anything, an increase in sensitivity. But even so, things here are fine considering there is virtually no mod presence. I've been here for 6 years, this is pretty much as mellow a time as ever, barring a select few who can't see eye to eye re: Bayturtles, but that's nothing new, either.

With all due respect, PK, your threads often stir the pot with their socio-political flavoring, connecting a kids cartoon to gender inequality, fat-shaming, etc. If you were treated in a way that you felt was harsh in return, it's likely due to a perception that you are instigating drama.

There will always be trolls & off-topic posts, unfortunately, but on the other hand, they can be entertaining at times. The amount of trolling & veering off now is the same as it always has been, which is to say, not excessive.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-27-2015, 08:48 PM
If there is a problem, it is not with the forums, but with the world. You will find people getting caught up in their egos everywhere, be it online or in reality. None of the behaviors you take issue with are exclusive or new to these boards whatsoever. You'll see these same things on Facebook, IGN, Youtube, etc, but unlike some of those sites, I don't find those negatives to be a standout quality on the drome. We are like-minded in our love for the TMNT, & I think that gives a togetherness, however far below the surface that may be, greater than other groups of people who comment on news articles & the like. There is plenty of level-headed discussion here. More good than bad, by large. There are those who don't wish to budge from their stances, sure, but that's not for a lack of trying on part of those who share a different point of view.

At any rate, my vote is "no".

There is, if anything, an increase in sensitivity. But even so, things here are fine considering there is virtually no mod presence. I've been here for 6 years, this is pretty much as mellow a time as ever, barring a select few who can't see eye to eye re: Bayturtles, but that's nothing new, either.

With all due respect, PK, your threads often stir the pot with their socio-political flavoring, connecting a kids cartoon to gender inequality, fat-shaming, etc. If you were treated in a way that you felt was harsh in return, it's likely due to a perception that you are instigating drama.

There will always be trolls & off-topic posts, unfortunately, but on the other hand, they can be entertaining at times. The amount of trolling & veering off now is the same as it always has been, which is to say, not excessive.

Close the polls, PK, 'cause Powder said everything already. People suck, even fellow TMNT fans.

Werecat
06-27-2015, 08:51 PM
The increase in toxic behaviour could correlate with an increase in awareness and exposure to more people. Then you have to look at what ideologies the moderators and posters harbour. From my own experience I have seen a bit of racism, conservatives views, and sexism; some of these are disputed but some are left alone to fester. Encouraging a kind, open-minded environment usually override bigotry.

Have you ever wondered why Reddit is so toxic? because it harbours hate groups. The people who belong to those hate groups usually seep over to other reddit threads thus making a more toxic community. Some argue that it is their right to freedom of speech...but freedom of speech does not exempt you from responsibility.

Proper education void of bias beliefs tend to encourage open-mindedness as well. If you want a tolerant community just act more tolerant 'and provide well-informed opinions on tolerance.

snake
06-27-2015, 09:43 PM
Nah, people are assholes. If you think this place is bad, try going anywhere else on the internet.

CaliperCat
06-27-2015, 09:45 PM
I don't know if the 'Drome is any worse than any other forum at present. Not being an active member of any others, I have nothing to compare it to. Multiple other members say that it's more civil than anything else out there, though, and I'm inclined to believe them.

The previous two forums I was a member of (one from between the ages of 13 and 15, and one from, eh, maybe 16-17) were super civil, super tame places. With very little exception, members were always civil to each other, there were no (and I mean NO) major arguments, and lots of healthy debate and idea sharing. The interesting thing was that the first was predominantly frequented by people between the ages of 13 and 18- Not the most civil and mature of ages for most people, but again, everyone was great. The second had a few middle-age members, and most of the people there were between 16 and 20. Again, super civil people. Therefore, in my experience, this place is pretty brutal, but it's fully possible that the internet has changed in all that time. In fact, I'm sure of it, judging from what I've seen on social media. And once you adjust, it's really not too bad.

snake
06-27-2015, 10:33 PM
Hey Purple Kraken, spend a day on /pol/ and then say how this place is so bad. :lol::)

Leo656
06-27-2015, 10:42 PM
The only good thing about this poll, is that the results from top to bottom currently read "420" as I type this. Otherwise it sucks.

CyberCubed
06-27-2015, 10:42 PM
This forum is nowhere near as bad as any of the other forums I visit. You almost never see huge arguments or flamewars here, most of the time its just people joking around.

Also disagreeing with someones opinion =/= flamewar. People disagree with each other on forums all the time because that's the point. Everyone has a different opinion on either TMNT or other stuff discussed. A disagreement is not the same thing as an argument. Learn the difference.

Leo656
06-27-2015, 10:44 PM
Also disagreeing with someones opinion =/= flamewar. People disagree with each other on forums all the time because that's the point. Everyone has a different opinion on either TMNT or other stuff discussed. A disagreement is not the same thing as an argument. Learn the difference.

Either the kid's learnin', or he's just Copy/Pasting my old posts from like last year. :lol:

HEY. I will give someone a dollar to start an "Are Purple Kraken's Threads Getting Worse On The Whole?" poll. :lol:

Mew
06-27-2015, 10:52 PM
Either the kid's learnin', or he's just Copy/Pasting my old posts from like last year. :lol:

HEY. I will give someone a dollar to start an "Are Purple Kraken's Threads Getting Worse On The Whole?" poll. :lol:
I will do this.
:l

Peanut
06-27-2015, 11:02 PM
I have been a regular of these forums for nearly 15 years and...no.

Leo656
06-27-2015, 11:02 PM
I will do this.
:l

I will give a dollar to anyone who is NOT you, to undertake this task.

You've done enough already, thanks. :lol:

Mew
06-27-2015, 11:04 PM
Dang. I need money. Wait...what have I "done" exactly?:tconfuse:

Prowler
06-27-2015, 11:10 PM
Again, no place is perfect and every forum has its trolls and idiots with their flamming. Hell, just go to the Bay Turtles section and see it for yourself :lol:

But as a whole, this forum is probably one of the most civil places I've been on the internet. This isn't an exaggeration. You see, first of all, this forum is fairly small compared to many other communities out there, so there's a better selection and it's easier for mods to monitor arguments and lock threads quickly. And second, the two guys running this place really care about it and made it to be a place where everyone that's meant to be fun but also with rules. And in how many forums do you even know who the admin(s) is/are?

Seriously, go to the youtube comment section or the comment section of any big news media website and see it for yourself. The Drome is a different class of people as a whole.

Unworthy tinker
06-27-2015, 11:38 PM
Yeah. In comparison to other places (YouTube, DeviantART, Tumblr, you name it) this place is pretty tame. Just gotta learn, we all have different tastes and personalities. Some of us are bound to argue or disagree a bit. That's just life. *shrugs*

raphmike
06-27-2015, 11:39 PM
only i know Futurama Fan Forum some people to nice to me not like here. i miss any member when that forum shut down like year ago. i just want make
good nice friend understanding i am deaf. i know from my teacher say about
school deaf and blind dumb. i never ask before it ok for let deaf people on any
form online?

Unworthy tinker
06-27-2015, 11:54 PM
only i know Futurama Fan Forum some people to nice to me not like here. i miss any member when that forum shut down like year ago. i just want make
good nice friend understanding i am deaf. i know from my teacher say about
school deaf and blind dumb. i never ask before it ok for let deaf people on any
form online?

Yes. It's okay. You're deaf, so what? Doesn't make you seem weird or anything. It's just, a quirk.:)

Candy Kappa
06-28-2015, 02:02 AM
No.

Ten characters

Lethal Lullaby
06-28-2015, 05:45 AM
Hahaha X3 this thread.

Nope. Like some people have said, there's FAR worse forums than this place. There will always be morons and people who need to stfu EVERYWHERE... I don't really know where I'm going with this... :tanime: but yeah my answer is 'no'.

BubblyShell22
06-28-2015, 07:22 AM
No, I don't think it's getting worse. There's bound to be disagreements, but that's par for any forum that you sign up for. The way I see it, if you don't like what's going on, you can always just leave. Seems to me that you're trying to stir up drama as you always do with your threads. And you know what? It's not going to work. Get over it. No one is forcing you to stay here. You have the option of just leaving if that's what you want to do.

THGhost
06-28-2015, 08:58 AM
There are certainly some very disagreeable people on these forums, but no, it's nowhere near as bad as other forums.

plastroncafe
06-28-2015, 03:26 PM
I voted that I don't think it's getting worse, but that's only because the vocal minority remain the same as they ever were. In truth overall I think this place is more accepting now than it was when I first logged on.

As with all things, your mileage may vary.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-28-2015, 04:12 PM

Brilliant idea. Now give me a dollar or buy me a coffee, old chap. :tcool:

pennydreadful
06-28-2015, 05:20 PM
This thread got me thinking about special snowflakes - but nobody here can ever beat the special-est snowflake of all: the platypus.

http://i.imgur.com/1eWrmnQ.jpg?1

Bow before its shiny uniqueness.

Cure
06-28-2015, 05:33 PM
These types of threads always pop up like clock work.

Papenbrook
06-28-2015, 06:28 PM
The reason that I created this thread is because I want everyone to discuss their thoughts and share their opinions. I want to analyze it, and try to make the forums a better place for everyone. If I annoyed or caused drama for anyone, I sincerely apologize. I realized my mistake, and I will try not to do it again.

Thank you.

CyberCubed
06-28-2015, 09:53 PM
These forums have been around since what...1999/2000? Entirely different people posted here 15 years ago and entirely different people will post here 15 years from now.

Aside from some veterans who stick around for years, forums are an ever revolving door of users. Some people stay here for 2 years then mysteriously vanish, others stay for 5 years and call it quits. Very few people stay here for 10+ years and such.

I don't see why this matters. Seeing you register date you obviously weren't here back in the early 2000's and most people from back then are gone now. Hell even most people from 2005-2010 aren't here anymore either.

TMNTChris1980
06-28-2015, 11:16 PM
I think it's about the same, there are some moments it gets weird, but it's best to try and ignore them.

To be honest, I'm mostly here for the art.:tgrin:

Victorsaurus
06-30-2015, 08:33 PM
I voted for "No". This one seems okay/tame, though I don't go to forums a lot and even less comment on them.
It's so hard for me to change a user title like in here when you are required to post a lot.:(

KROW
07-29-2015, 12:08 PM
Kinda like what Peanut said. He's been here 15 years, I've been here 11. It's gonna have ups and downs, just like life. So... Nah, it's fine.

I am worried it will get to the point that the forums will jump the shark.

What... Is... Is that even possible?

shuriken
07-29-2015, 12:54 PM
Didn't they already since it was originally started as a Forum for the OT. It has become so much more than that. And since I've been here for 10 years it hasn't gotten worse, but I have noticed an influx of more sensitive people. I'd like to think I have pretty thick skin, but then again I don't wear my heart on a sleeve.

turtlefanforever
07-31-2015, 09:32 AM
i've been saying this for quite some time, but until the betterment of the site is put above personal friendships nothing will change.

There needs to be professionalism here.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
07-31-2015, 10:26 AM
i've been saying this for quite some time, but until the betterment of the site is put above personal friendships nothing will change.

There needs to be professionalism here.

Professionals remember to capitalize both "i've" and the first letter of the first word of a sentence. But other than that, beautifully written!

Grammar Gestapo, out!

plastroncafe
07-31-2015, 11:01 AM
Wait wait wait...Professionalism?
Which one of you chuckleheads is actually getting paid by participating on this forum?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
07-31-2015, 11:10 AM
Wait wait wait...Professionalism?
Which one of you chuckleheads is actually getting paid by participating on this forum?

Well, I put "Active TMNT Fan Forum Member" on my resume, so yeah, professionalism.

Fvck yeah! Dammit, there it went. So much for professionalism.

BubblyShell22
07-31-2015, 03:36 PM
Yeah, I had no idea we were employees here. Where's my paycheck?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
07-31-2015, 04:10 PM
Yeah, I had no idea we were employees here. Where's my paycheck?

We should go on strike until we all get raises.

And dental. I need a dental plan so my kid can have braces!!! :flaming:

BubblyShell22
07-31-2015, 04:11 PM
Yes, yes, exactly!

turtlefanforever
08-01-2015, 10:18 AM
You can literally do anything you want here.

there are only 2 ways to get any sort of repercussion at all.

1. Have someone up top not like you.
2. Say something truly truly despicable that can't be ignored.

Lethal Lullaby
08-01-2015, 10:37 AM

Not exactly true.

shuriken
08-01-2015, 03:25 PM
Well you can troll, or self promote on others threads, threaten people, have multiple accounts or try and screw people over in the buying and selling threads. I try to be cordial, but if I hear someone say something inane or off-base expect to be called out on it. And I expect the same. Granted some people use a bit more tact than others, but everyone is different, so something that sounds like a sarcastic but relatively harmless reply could be seen as a vicious attack by another.
Its all perception.

BubblyShell22
08-01-2015, 04:05 PM
Yes, exactly. I'm the type to tell it like it is and not sugarcoat anything. I speak my mind, and if people don't like that, too bad.

Unworthy tinker
08-01-2015, 06:54 PM

Uhh, dude? Like, the rules are right there among the first few thread sections. Yeah, kids probably come and look around here, but even then, it feels like there still wouldn't be many. This isn't some website for little kiddies to play games, this is where fans come to talk. Besides, most cursing/threats are just jokes. Harmless jokes.

When someone truly is awful, they are banned. There's a difference between being funny and being a thorn in someone's side.

turtlefanforever
08-02-2015, 10:36 AM
Uhh, dude? Like, the rules are right there among the first few thread sections. Yeah, kids probably come and look around here, but even then, it feels like there still wouldn't be many. This isn't some website for little kiddies to play games, this is where fans come to talk. Besides, most cursing/threats are just jokes. Harmless jokes.

When someone truly is awful, they are banned. There's a difference between being funny and being a thorn in someone's side.

Whens the last time you've seen somebody banned here? or heard of somebody getting reprimanded? They don't enforce the rules. Therefor there are no rules.

The most that happens is a thread or section gets locked.

Unless... The two ways i said above.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
08-02-2015, 12:15 PM
Sometimes, a restart may work if it's getting worse (with all posts getting delted, but not the accounts).

Unworthy tinker
08-02-2015, 12:44 PM
Whens the last time you've seen somebody banned here? or heard of somebody getting reprimanded? They don't enforce the rules. Therefor there are no rules.

You can get banned for multiple accounts, spam, or being a huge pain in the butt. I know because I've seen that. You just have to look around.

Yeah, some rules are even out of date (bashing OT for example), but the biggies are enforced. Just rubbing someone the wrong way doesn't get you banned, actually doing something bad does.

turtlefanforever
08-02-2015, 05:39 PM
You can get banned for multiple accounts, spam, or being a huge pain in the butt. I know because I've seen that. You just have to look around.

Yeah, some rules are even out of date (bashing OT for example), but the biggies are enforced. Just rubbing someone the wrong way doesn't get you banned, actually doing something bad does.

You're new here. You'll learn.

Unworthy tinker
08-02-2015, 07:40 PM
You're new here. You'll learn.

Yeah, I haven't been here as long as you, but I still have seen people get banned. The rules are enforced, just not as strict as you expect. Yeah, people get in fights, have differing opinions, so what? As I said, some rules are kind of out dated, so some, just don't worry about it. Threads get locked if something gets ugly, but banning? Not as often, it's called a second chance.

You see, there's having different opinions or joking (c'mon, can't you take a joke with a censored swear?), and there being a troll. Difference? One is innocent, the other is causing conflict.

Being newer or younger hardly contributes to knowledge or in some cases, experience even. Unless it's like, comparing a thirty year old to a four year old.

pennydreadful
08-02-2015, 08:04 PM

At least one person gets banned here every few months - for example, the "good hearts jellybean" freak. And another one of SuperGoku's accounts got banned in June. The mods send out reprimands by PM - they don't make a forum-wide announcement every time someone gets pulled into line.

Believe it or not, the mods actually have lives off these forums. Serious infractions of the rules are acted upon, but they're not about to sit around handholding and policing people's personalities. Some folks here are just assholes - but, just like in real life, being an asshole isn't against the rules.

If you're not having fun with the forums anymore, take a step back, take a break from the place and go do something you enjoy. This place isn't the center of the universe, and petty internet rivalries with dickhead keyboard warriors are only as important as you let them be.

plastroncafe
08-02-2015, 10:05 PM
There are NO rules, except...for these two rules.
Because two is totally the exact same thing as zero.

pennydreadful
08-02-2015, 11:09 PM
https://jademwong.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/rock.gif

MikeandRaph87
08-02-2015, 11:29 PM
There are NO rules, except...for these two rules.
Because two is totally the exact same thing as zero.

I think you mean here at The Rock there are two rules.One do not write on the walls as it is very hard to scrub writing off of the walls. Number two is to obey all rules.

To answer the orignal post, no there were two periods people were outright vicious. The worst was in late 2004 where immaturity and hostility put the boards on lockdown for awhile. Being an infrequent lurker at that point I do not know how long it lasted. A second time was late 2011. My very first look at the comic section I stated relief the mask were being fixed. As a big a fan as I have been my whole life I was completely unaware of a small fraction called Mirage Purist and it ignited a huge fight over the color of mask of all things. Got ugly for a little while and strong beliefs showed just how strong the franchise is.

CyberCubed
08-03-2015, 06:09 PM
The Movie 2014 forum is the only "bad" TMNT forum here, simply because its an unhappy place.

The comics forum has by far the most mature and intelligent posts, the 4kids section has little activity now in general, and the original cartoon section is decent except for the most part. The Nick section does have a lot of immature users and people applying anime and tumblr tropes to the cartoon, but since the show is aimed at younger viewers its not surprising people are coming from other places to discuss it here.

As for the general non-TMNT sections, well they're the same as they've ever been more or less. I've been here over 10 years and the forum is the same as its ever been.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
08-04-2015, 07:26 AM
The Movie 2014 forum is the only "bad" TMNT forum here, simply because its an unhappy place.

This deserves to be quoted in somebody's signature. :tlol:

pennydreadful
08-05-2015, 07:55 PM
Kind of like a reverse Disneyland - "the unhappiest place on earth!"

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view7/3872198/u-mad-mickey-o.gif

BubblyShell22
08-06-2015, 07:13 AM
Or Disney World as that has the logo, too.

Netkeeper
08-06-2015, 10:53 AM
Believe it or not, the mods actually have lives off these forums. Serious infractions of the rules are acted upon, but they're not about to sit around handholding and policing people's personalities. Some folks here are just assholes - but, just like in real life, being an asshole isn't against the rules.

If you're not having fun with the forums anymore, take a step back, take a break from the place and go do something you enjoy. This place isn't the center of the universe, and petty internet rivalries with dickhead keyboard warriors are only as important as you let them be.
Pretty much this. There are plenty of other forums on the internet where being an asshole actually IS against the rules, so go find those.

Or Disney World as that has the logo, too.
I love how you kill jokes.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
08-06-2015, 02:31 PM
It seems to be better acceptance for movie II-III and Next Mutation. However, their "unpopular" position has been replaced by the 2014 movie...

Leo656
08-06-2015, 05:21 PM
That's because at one point, it was absolutely inconceivable to a fan that anyone who was a "professional", paid money to do a job, could possibly make a worse TMNT movie than II or III.

We were right to feel that way; you SHOULDN'T be able to make that bad of a movie. Sadly, this fanbase has more than enough of the "I'll buy anything!" kind of marks, which makes the "professionals" look at us like we're all a bunch of morons who'll swallow sh*t and call it ice cream. Thus, we get fed sh*t.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
08-06-2015, 05:30 PM
That's because at one point, it was absolutely inconceivable to a fan that anyone who was a "professional", paid money to do a job, could possibly make a worse TMNT movie than II or III.

We were right to feel that way; you SHOULDN'T be able to make that bad of a movie. Sadly, this fanbase has more than enough of the "I'll buy anything!" kind of marks, which makes the "professionals" look at us like we're all a bunch of moron who'll swallow sh*t and call it ice cream. Thus, we get fed sh*t.

We keep trying to tell them...

"IT'S NOT CHOCOLATE!!!" :teek:

Leo656
08-06-2015, 06:07 PM
I hate when I don't notice spelling errors until someone quotes me.

BubblyShell22
08-07-2015, 04:16 PM
I love how you kill jokes.

Wasn't trying to kill a joke. Just stating that it could apply as a reverse Disneyland or Disney World since both of those are deemed "The Happiest Place on Earth." But I figure you wouldn't understand where I was going with that.

MsMarvelDuckie
08-08-2015, 08:11 PM
Play nice, guys. I'll say now, it's no better or worse than any other boards I've seen. Marvel had a really nasty streak for a while, with a huge general uprising of trolls, which actually required pitchforks and torches to a large portion of the forums by us Mods before it was quelled. There were even a few death threats, aimed AT Mods, involved. It was a nightmare.

The Stryker
08-08-2015, 09:13 PM
Just saw a giant run where people are joking about lynching people....so....yeah?

GoldMutant
08-08-2015, 09:17 PM
I don't entirely think it's an issue, but if people want to fight, they should do it in private. Not make threads to draw attention, post comments that will anger people, or simply try to do that nonsense. Simply take it in private, have your debates there and then issues solved. :)

But based on tonight with whatever the shell happened in the movie thread, the boundaries can be pushed really badly, which is bad for the people in charge. What even happened?

Papenbrook
08-08-2015, 09:18 PM
That is disappointing. :(

I hate how a minority of people give the forum a bad reputation. That is unnecessary and WAY out of line. Forum members should be more mature than that. I guess we can't have nice things though.

Autbot_Benz
08-08-2015, 10:43 PM
ya some people want Harm to come to Micheal Bay and his company/writers. I know some people hate his turtles/tformers movies. But that is out of line.

MsMarvelDuckie
08-08-2015, 10:48 PM
Oh, good gawds. It was just a joke that went a little too far, guys. Like that's NEVER happened before.... :trolleye:

Cure
08-08-2015, 10:51 PM
Machias has said **** like that can literally get the whole forums in trouble. It wasn't just a little joke. Your dumb eye rolling just goes to prove how little you care.

GoldMutant
08-08-2015, 10:56 PM
Oh, good gawds. It was just a joke that went a little too far, guys. Like that's NEVER happened before.... :trolleye:

If a joke like that can cause legal trouble Duckie, I'd be worried. Picture you are in charge of something and some objectives are clear and some can't be done. Rules or not, that was terrible. Given things can be sorted by the mods, it could place trouble on their hands.

I'll admit I don't like Michael Bay and could care less on his movies, but to mention that kind of content? The lines of sand can be crossed, but this is one time where everything went too far. At least some issues are easily resolved, but this one is a bigger fish to fry if what Machias said is true. I'm with her and Cure on this, this is bad.

The Stryker
08-08-2015, 11:55 PM

How about not even talking about lynching anyone? That's an idea. It didn't GO too far. It started there.

MsMarvelDuckie
08-09-2015, 12:03 AM
Hey, I'm not saying it wasn't out of line. Just that we were goofing off, (and yes, being a bit snarky) and it got out of hand. End of story. Moving on now. And plenty of other people have been guilty of the same thing, so I don't think there's any room here for throwing stones by anyone.

Papenbrook
08-09-2015, 01:51 AM
Hey, I'm not saying it wasn't out of line. Just that we were goofing off, (and yes, being a bit snarky) and it got out of hand. End of story. Moving on now. And plenty of other people have been guilty of the same thing, so I don't think there's any room here for throwing stones by anyone.
Except none of us EVER talk(ed) about lynching people on a public forum. Except for YOU, and a few other people. We will call YOU out if YOU get out of line. You don't get a free pass. That's the way it is.

Cure
08-09-2015, 06:32 AM
People on these forums seriously defend the most heinous things.

"It's just lynching, guys! It's meant to be funny, LOL!!"

MsMarvelDuckie
08-09-2015, 08:35 AM
No actually, I wasnt even the one who brought up lynching. I mentioned people pinatas and tiger-bait. Both of which are so absurdly cartoonish and ridiculous notions that it should be obvious we were only joking. On the other hand, Ive seen plenty of vitriol-spewing hate and negativity from a few others here DAILY that is passed off as completely okay. Double-standards are alive and well, it seems.

For the record, I dont advocate vicious attacks on anyone, except in fiction, and neither would anyone else involved. I might be guilty of poor taste, macabre humor on occasion, but thats about it. Pretty sure that's still legal, though, last I checked. Was it a little out of line? Perhaps, but so is the constant hate-mongering and rude, holier than thou snobbish superior attitudes from a few others who attack folks here PERSONALLY every single day! But what do I know, Im the kind of gal who gets a kick out of Freddy Krugarc style violence in movies....

Cure
08-09-2015, 09:11 AM
"I don't care if these forums get shut down over poor jokes, it's freedom of speech! I'm gonna try to pass the blame! LOL!"

Mew
08-09-2015, 11:26 AM
*Krueger

ten characters

BubblyShell22
08-09-2015, 11:43 AM
I saw the discussion, and I laughed at the idea of Bay getting lynched even if it wouldn't happen. I did think it was a bit out of line for Leo to want to lynch Shark Blade, but that's the way he rolls with his sense of humor.

Leo656
08-09-2015, 12:05 PM
Bay made "Armageddon", so I don't think he deserves a lynching. All my life up til then, I bemoaned the fact that Bruce Willis only gets to beat up terrorists in the inner city, and was thrilled to finally see him expand his range and beat up rocks in outer space.

Thus, let the public record show, I do not condone lynching Michael Bay. There.

MsMarvelDuckie
08-09-2015, 03:35 PM
So nice to see that once again, something I say gets twisted around by people with axes to grind. Maybe they missed the part where I admitted we were overboard with the jokes, since they were too busy trying to be the first to start casting stones to care. I cant help but notice that if ya crack a joke in bad taste, ya get lambasted as a "terrible human being", but treat people outside a group of yes-men like dirt on a daily basis(especially newcomers who certainly don't deserve it), and you can do no wrong. Maybe they should look in the mirror instead of getting on high horses. Already admitted it was out of line- TWICE. What more do people WANT??!! Seems to me, I'M the one getting the public lynching now.... I'd call the situation ironic, but that woukd be too polite and dignified a term. Beautiful. JUST beautiful. Also, if anything, it would just get me banned, but that would be MY problem. And if it does, so be it, but Im not grovelling for forgiveness for a mistake that was never intended as a threat It was just bad judgement. If people want to act like it makes me the scum of the earth, that's THEIR issue, not mine. Anyway, Im done with this discussion. I've said my piece and admitted guilt, so if anyone STILL has a problem, maybe it's just that- THEIRS. Blessed be, folks.

Cure
08-09-2015, 04:17 PM
Thus, let the public record show, I do not condone lynching Michael Bay. There.

And what about the member you threatened in the first place?

Papenbrook
08-09-2015, 05:31 PM
So nice to see that once again, something I say gets twisted around by people with axes to grind. Maybe they missed the part where I admitted we were overboard with the jokes, since they were too busy trying to be the first to start casting stones to care. I cant help but notice that if ya crack a joke in bad taste, ya get lambasted as a "terrible human being", but treat people outside a group of yes-men like dirt on a daily basis(especially newcomers who certainly don't deserve it), and you can do no wrong. Maybe they should look in the mirror instead of getting on high horses. Already admitted it was out of line- TWICE. What more do people WANT??!! Seems to me, I'M the one getting the public lynching now.... I'd call the situation ironic, but that woukd be too polite and dignified a term. Beautiful. JUST beautiful. Also, if anything, it would just get me banned, but that would be MY problem. And if it does, so be it, but Im not grovelling for forgiveness for a mistake that was never intended as a threat It was just bad judgement. If people want to act like it makes me the scum of the earth, that's THEIR issue, not mine. Anyway, Im done with this discussion. I've said my piece and admitted guilt, so if anyone STILL has a problem, maybe it's just that- THEIRS. Blessed be, folks.
People are CALLING YOU OUT, not looking for some "axe to grind". You threaten to lynch Michael Bay and other people who were participating in the creation of the film. Because of you and other forum members, Viacom might contact Krang and get this forum shut down. If I were you, I would be worried. By the way, a member recently got banned for the behavior you just described, so I don't think what you said is true.

Leo656
08-09-2015, 06:18 PM
And what about the member you threatened in the first place?

:lol: What about 'em? When someone runs around jumping up and down poking people trying to get a reaction, and then they get the exact reaction they were trying for, and THEN they go and cry/tattle about it, all it makes them is a baby.

You and your "Boyz" have been guilty of the same behavior, so don't go acting like you're speaking out of some kind of altruism, "Cure4AIDS". In fact, whenever people have said stuff like that to ME, you and they have gone out of their way to say "Come on, CLEARLY they were just joking." So save it, nobody buys that you care about poor little Sharkie. You don't, and frankly, neither does anyone else here.

Maybe saying stuff like that is over the top and violates the rules, but you know what else is? Trolling. And maybe if the trolls actually got kicked out of this place once they admitted they were only here to stir sh*t, people like me wouldn't have to yell at them.

This has all been over with and done since yesterday, by the way. If people didn't keep bringing it up, it'd be forgotten already.

Papenbrook
08-09-2015, 06:44 PM
:lol: What about 'em? When someone runs around jumping up and down poking people trying to get a reaction, and then they get the exact reaction they were trying for, and THEN they go and cry/tattle about it, all it makes them is a baby.

You and your "Boyz" have been guilty of the same behavior, so don't go acting like you're speaking out of some kind of altruism, "Cure4AIDS". In fact, whenever people have said stuff like that to ME, you and they have gone out of their way to say "Come on, CLEARLY they were just joking." So save it, nobody buys that you care about poor little Sharkie. You don't, and frankly, neither does anyone else here.

Maybe saying stuff like that is over the top and violates the rules, but you know what else is? Trolling. And maybe if the trolls actually got kicked out of this place once they admitted they were only here to stir sh*t, people like me wouldn't have to yell at them.

This has all been over with and done since yesterday, by the way. If people didn't keep bringing it up, it'd be forgotten already.
Revenge isn't the answer. You just had to ignore Shark Blade. You didn't need to send him death threats. The fate of the forum is undecided though, so it can't be forgotten.

MsMarvelDuckie
08-09-2015, 06:46 PM
People are CALLING YOU OUT, not looking for some "axe to grind". You threaten to lynch Michael Bay and other people who were participating in the creation of the film. Because of you and other forum members, Viacom might contact Krang and get this forum shut down. If I were you, I would be worried. By the way, a member recently got banned for the behavior you just described, so I don't think what you said is true.

*sigh* No, sorry, but I DID NOT threaten to lynch him or anyone else. I made two jokes about piņatas and tigers. THAT'S IT. The "lynching" bit had already been suggested by others before I got there. And Leo's right- it was over and done with already. What part of "we were out of line" didn't you get?! Stop bringing it up when we've already admitted we MADE A MISTAKE. You want to call us out? Fine, but when someone says they know they f*ed up, it's just petty to keep raking them over the coals about it. It doesn't make anybody look morally superior, it's just douche-y.

It's funny how even when someone is apologetic, some can't let it go. No, I don't think the forums would get closed over it. A ban, maybe, but I sincerely hope they would have bigger fish to fry than a couple of jokers whose comments don't amount to a hill of beans.

Ninturtle
08-09-2015, 06:57 PM
You didn't have to death threat him.

The grammar in this section of this post amuses me.

Leo656
08-09-2015, 06:59 PM
Revenge isn't the answer. You just had to ignore Shark Blade. You didn't have to death threat him. The fate of the forum is undecided though, so it can't be forgotten.

Nobody from Viacom complained about yesterday (far as I know). I fully understand why that WOULD be a problem, but I highly, HIGHLY doubt that's what happened in this case. This specific case is about someone looking at a troll being treated like a troll, saying "Aww, that's too mean," and being a little tattletale about it. Those people should mind their own business instead of trying to play Hall Monitor. Apparently you didn't pay attention in middle school, because all that ever does is escalate things and make them worse.

You're not a super-hero. Save the Crusader shtick. Let the bosses do their own jobs. I have absolutely zero respect for anyone who can't talk out their own problems with someone, and instead runs and cries to Mommy about it.

Everyone involved has already apologized. It's supposed to be over and done with. So let it be. You and your "Call People Out"/"Save The Forum!" stuff isn't going to make one single thing better, only worse.

Point of fact, I've been "threatened" on this forum both publicly and privately about 5000 times in 15 years. I DON'T CARE. What kind of idiot takes that crap seriously? It's words on a goddamn screen. Only in cases where that was One More Thing after harassing me for weeks, did I bother tattling on them over it. Not One Person on this forum is going to lynch, beat up, or brain with a crowbar any other member. Not One. And anyone who seriously thinks they would, is an idiot, I'm sorry.

Nobody's going to reach through SB's computer screen and give him a f***ing wedgie, no matter how much he asks for it. It can't happen, it's a physical impossibility. Does that make you feel better? I hope so. Calm down already.

Electric
08-09-2015, 07:05 PM
Nobody from Viacom complained about yesterday (far as I know). I fully understand why that WOULD be a problem, but I highly, HIGHLY doubt that's what happened in this case. This specific case is about someone looking at a troll being treated like a troll, saying "Aww, that's too mean," and being a little tattletale about it. Those people should mind their own business instead of trying to play Hall Monitor. Apparently you didn't pay attention in middle school, because all that ever does is escalate things and make them worse.

You're not a super-hero. Save the Crusader shtick. Let the bosses do their own jobs. I have absolutely zero respect for anyone who can't talk out their own problems with someone, and instead runs and cries to Mommy about it.

Everyone involved has already apologized. It's supposed to be over and done with. So let it be. You and your "Call People Out"/"Save The Forum!" stuff isn't going to make one single thing better, only worse.

Agree with the whole over and done part, but really?

You view "joking death threats" as talking out your issues with Sharkblade? You shouldve minded your own business instead of trying to play "Forum Badass" and taking something a little too far, then getting caught for it. "Trolling the Troll" just makes you a troll. Maybe you didnt pay enough attention in middle school to figure out that that doesnt work out either. You got caught, you apparently owned up to it, quit trying to defend it, that is whats only going to escalate this.

Leo656
08-09-2015, 07:09 PM
Since I was editing as you were typing, apparently:
-------------
Point of fact, I've been "threatened" on this forum both publicly and privately about 5000 times in 15 years. I DON'T CARE. What kind of idiot takes that crap seriously? It's words on a goddamn screen. Only in cases where that was One More Thing after harassing me for weeks, did I bother tattling on them over it. Not One Person on this forum is going to lynch, beat up, or brain with a crowbar any other member. Not One. And anyone who seriously thinks they would, is an idiot, I'm sorry.

Nobody's going to reach through SB's computer screen and give him a f***ing wedgie, no matter how much he asks for it. It can't happen, it's a physical impossibility. Does that make you feel better? I hope so. Calm down already.
-------------

I guess it's okay when the person being threatened is clearly unable to speak up for themselves? Why is it when I get "threatened", I laugh it off as morons being morons, but if *I* do it, it's this awful, horrific thing? Because I can speak up on my own behalf, I guess? I don't know, man. Not a fan at all of selective double-standards, or being singled out.

Electric
08-09-2015, 07:14 PM
Since I was editing as you were typing, apparently:
-------------

-------------

I guess it's okay when the person being threatened is clearly unable to speak up for themselves? Why is it when I get "threatened", I laugh it off as morons being morons, but if *I* do it, it's this awful, horrific thing? Because I can speak up on my own behalf, I guess? I don't know, man. Not a fan at all of selective double-standards, or being singled out.

youve been threatened? sucks, really. you certainly had the option to report it, you didnt, your choice. Doesnt make it ok for you to do it to others?

Whether its reported or not, comments like that are inappropriate and unnecessary. Are they legitimate threats? not at all, but again, that doesnt mean people should just throw them out there.

Sorry if that limits your ability to be "humorous" but posts like that are just dumb and not needed in a place like this.

Leo656
08-09-2015, 07:16 PM
posts like that are just dumb and not needed in a place like this.

You mean like ANY of SharkBlade's posts. Trolls are supposed to be removed once they admit that they're trolls. That's part of the "rules" that everyone pretends to care about even though they don't.

No double-standards, k? K.

Electric
08-09-2015, 07:19 PM
You mean like ANY of SharkBlade's posts. Trolls are supposed to be removed once they admit that they're trolls. That's part of the "rules" that everyone pretends to care about even though they don't.

No double-standards, k? K.

Then thats something to talk to the mods about. It is not your place to take care of that, regardless of whether you think it is.

Bry
08-09-2015, 07:37 PM
Hey guys! I wasn't paying much attention to the movie sections for the past few days. So how's... everything... going...

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-LM6L23rsE6c/VJrohGfDanI/AAAAAAAAjoI/W6Ci7jFNzhE/s1600/homer%2Bhidden%2Bbushes.gif

Cure
08-09-2015, 07:46 PM
You and your "Boyz" have been guilty of the same behavior, so don't go acting like you're speaking out of some kind of altruism, "Cure4AIDS".

I have never threatened a single person, member or otherwise, with violence of any kind. I'm an asshole who calls people out when they're being dumb, hypocrites, and the like, but I've never done that.

In fact, whenever people have said stuff like that to ME, you and they have gone out of their way to say "Come on, CLEARLY they were just joking."

Also never happened.

So save it, nobody buys that you care about poor little Sharkie. You don't, and frankly, neither does anyone else here.

No, but I care about the state of these forums.

Everyone involved has already apologized.

Back handed apologies are not apologies, and no, not everyone involved has said something.

And really, "tattletales"? Come on, man.

Leo656
08-09-2015, 07:52 PM
What would you call "Mommy, that guy said a mean thing?" I call it Kindergarten.

Cure
08-09-2015, 07:56 PM
What would you call "Mommy, that guy said a mean thing?" I call it Kindergarten.

Or you know, looking out for everyone else. It's a public forum. Deal with it.

And let it be known it wasn't Shark Blade who said something to Machias.

Leo656
08-09-2015, 07:59 PM
What do you want, a medal? Because unless you also reported that guy who said he was gonna brain me with a crowbar once upon a time, you're nothing but a hypocrite, Spanky.

Electric
08-09-2015, 08:01 PM

What would call "He was annoying, so im going to bully him"

i call it immaturity

Cure
08-09-2015, 08:01 PM
What do you want, a medal? Because unless you also reported that guy who said he was gonna brain me with a crowbar once upon a time, you're nothing but a hypocrite, Spanky.

Or maybe I missed it. Because I did. That is also messed up.

Leo656
08-09-2015, 08:02 PM
Fair enough, I'll take your word for it.

I didn't think it was particularly messed up, I just thought it was a silly thing someone said to me, but whatever. Apparently I have thicker skin than most. Not sure what I can do or say about that.

Machias Banshee
08-09-2015, 08:55 PM
You guys can roll your eyes and blow this off as nothing all you want. Things are getting out of hand, and frankly I'm sick of going into that section and trying to clean up fights.

I have spoken to both sides of this fued til I'm blue in the face, and it's doing no good. It just gets more hostile and drives away other members who WANT to discuss the movie without someone attacking them for being either a hater or a plant.

I have no problems with people discussing stuff Civilly. But talk of lynching people is absolutely inappropriate. Someone posted that it's not against the rules to be an asshole here, but that is incorrect. Our rules clearly state that members should not be attacking each other.

And now in this new time of social media and lawsuit-happy lawyers, any stupid stuff posted on here can catch bad attention. It has happened in the past, Krang has received C&D orders, and we do our best to prevent the forums from being targeted for anything legal.

As much as the forums annoy me lately, I like this website too much to let it get shut down because a few people wanted to spout off some nonsense.

So, if you want to keep talking and rolling your eyes, we can let you explain to Krang and Paramount's lawyers that it was all just a joke. See if they laugh.

Electric
08-09-2015, 09:01 PM
Thank you Machias. We all want the forums to stay open

pennydreadful
08-09-2015, 09:21 PM
Ok... a Time Out is officially needed.

*emergency shipment of chocolately goodness from Australia*

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/49/TimeOut.jpg

While we're letting the sugar soothe us, let's re-examine Rule #2 of the forums: Please respect other members. Attacking or harassing other members on the forums is not allowed. This includes trolling (posting with the intention of upsetting people and/or starting arguments). If you get into an argument with another member, please take it to email/PM/IM and keep it off the forums.

A lot of people are breaking this rule - not just one or two members. Let's just stop for a bit and let things cool down.

*leaves extra chocolate*

http://stbrendansrathcoole.scoilnet.ie/blog/files/2014/05/20154.png

Cure
08-09-2015, 09:23 PM
Thank you Machias. We all want the forums to stay open

Yeah, thanks again, Machias.

snake
08-09-2015, 11:58 PM
I missed so much sh*t

BubblyShell22
08-10-2015, 06:25 AM
I could care less if the forums get shut down. Too much drama and people not having thick enough skin and getting offended for stupid sh*t. People need to get over it. Duckie did apologize. Leo didn't, but that's his decision not to.

The Stryker
08-10-2015, 06:55 AM
I could care less if the forums get shut down. Too much drama and people not having thick enough skin and getting offended for stupid sh*t. People need to get over it.

I'm sorry but I don't think lynching is a laughing matter. Or going into detail on how you'd kill someone.

It's not political correctness or oversensitivity or whatever you're crusading against now. I just think that particular line of conversation is ****ed up to say the least. Jokes or not.

BubblyShell22
08-10-2015, 06:58 AM
I wasn't talking about that particular post, dude. I was talking about something else. It was messed up for them to go that far, yes, but they admitted they f*cked up and that's that. End of story.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
08-10-2015, 07:09 AM
Revenge isn't the answer. You just had to ignore Shark Blade. You didn't need to send him death threats. The fate of the forum is undecided though, so it can't be forgotten.

PK, don't you watch movies? Or TV? Revenge is ALWAYS the answer. Unless you're Batman, and you'd rather be estranged from your second adopted son Jason and have him as an enemy rather than kill that piece of scum Joker.

And why the frak is everyone going after Duckie? She said not one word of lynching. Is everyone too scared to call out Leo? 'Cause the man doesn't back down from crowbar threats? He's a big boy, he can take care of himself.

Leo, I'm calling you out. You're over the top and unapologetic, so I'm kill ya. Kill ya with KINDNESS. Flowers and chocolates will be arriving on your doorstep sometime today. You've been warned.

There is not enough popcorn in the world to watch this forum's antics in the way that it deserves.

And I'm pretty sure Bay's lawyers are too busy suing Transformer fans... they've had FOUR movies to get THEM riled up.

Bry
08-10-2015, 07:57 AM
I think we can all agree that jokes or not, comments about lynching real people cross the line. And it seems like most or even all of the people involved in that have admitted as much and/or apologized and the issue's been properly addressed for now. That kind of open hostility has been going on for a while, though - there's been plenty of trolling, insults, and even threats lobbed over those stupid movies for months. That kind of thing always bubbles over eventually.

But at the same time, in this thread... seeing a few of the surliest/saltiest/nastiest members here suddenly beside themselves with outrage over other peoples' behaviour? That was a good morning laugh. :trazz:

I wasn't aware that there'd been a cease and desist, though. That was a surprise. I'm assuming over torrent/download links, or was it something along these lines?

Leo656
08-10-2015, 08:06 AM
Leo, I'm calling you out. You're over the top and unapologetic, so I'm kill ya. Kill ya with KINDNESS. Flowers and chocolates will be arriving on your doorstep sometime today. You've been warned.

Awww, thanks. Here, have a "Thanks For Bein' Such A Sweetie" Watermelon. :tgrin:
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-EXSkfj8Q0gk/VLAbvvjhlFI/AAAAAAAAAEM/dEe0bdfMS4U/w426-h320/familyguy2.gif
Um... Be careful? :lol:

DarthRaphael
08-10-2015, 08:31 AM
I really think some of you need to loosen up your panties a bit concerning the movies. You can't change what has been done nor will you influence what will come in the future. Get over it and move on. No amount of whining and harassing forum members will change anything.

I do see a lot of members going after each other personally instead of actually having a conversation on whatever the topic is. I'm not sure why that is. I don't have the time, energy, or hatred in my heart to partake in bashing other members.

We can do one of two things.
Keep things relaxed around here and expect people to be civil.
OR
Start deleting lots of posts and threads.

Powder
08-10-2015, 01:58 PM
We can do one of two things.
Keep things relaxed around here and expect people to be civil.
OR
Start deleting lots of posts and threads.

Why not both?

Netkeeper
08-10-2015, 03:46 PM
Why not both?
http://i.imgur.com/2lo2tdi.gif

BubblyShell22
08-10-2015, 04:13 PM
Civility is a tall order for these forums, so you'll probably have to end up closing/deleting threads instead.

Netkeeper
08-10-2015, 04:16 PM
Civility isn't difficult. People just want to find excuses.

Electric
08-10-2015, 04:32 PM
Civility isn't difficult. People just want to find excuses.

Exactly. Not hard to be decent

plastroncafe
08-10-2015, 05:49 PM
There's no reason why a cordial medium can't be maintained, and the first step towards achieving that goal is mutual respect.
It's really that simple.

BubblyShell22
08-11-2015, 07:07 AM
It's not as easy as you think on these forums. It can be achieved, but that depends on whether the parties want to respect others. There's nothing wrong with liking the new TMNT movie at all. But the problem is that the people who love it are acting like the people who hate are just lacking faith and don't take into account that there are other reasons why we hate it and the movie before it. Instead of just accepting that there are people who don't like it, the movie lovers have to constantly attack the haters, and then the haters fight back because it's only natural for us to defend ourselves.

I really don't think it'll happen though. As long as people treat me with respect, I'll give them respect back. If you don't, then I'll fight back.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
08-11-2015, 07:42 AM
It's not as easy as you think on these forums. It can be achieved, but that depends on whether the parties want to respect others. There's nothing wrong with liking the new TMNT movie at all. But the problem is that the people who love it are acting like the people who hate are just lacking faith and don't take into account that there are other reasons why we hate it and the movie before it. Instead of just accepting that there are people who don't like it, the movie lovers have to constantly attack the haters, and then the haters fight back because it's only natural for us to defend ourselves.

I really don't think it'll happen though. As long as people treat me with respect, I'll give them respect back. If you don't, then I'll fight back.

I heard "Eye of the Tiger" playing in my head as I read your post. :tlol:

That was respect! Don't fight me! :teek:

BubblyShell22
08-11-2015, 08:02 AM
Don't worry, Cy, I'm totally not going to fight you. Here, have a cookie. *hands Cy a cookie*

plastroncafe
08-11-2015, 08:06 AM
I see less Eye of the Tiger, and more excuses and finger pointing in that response. One of the few things we can control in this life are our reactions to other people.

If someone likes a thing you don't... Okay, they like a thing. If you don't like a thing,.... Okay, you don't like a thing. That's all it breaks down to.

It really is that simple.
It just takes practice and some self control.

Respect is earned. Live up to the level of it you want from other people.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
08-11-2015, 08:12 AM
Don't worry, Cy, I'm totally not going to fight you. Here, have a cookie. *hands Cy a cookie*

Woo! Cookie! I should totally add CookieMonster to my username. Or is CylonsKlingonsDaleksCookieMonster too much of a mouthful? :tlol: Tasty, tasty mouthful...

I see less Eye of the Tiger, and more excuses and finger pointing in that response. One of the few things we can control in this life are our reactions to other people.

If someone likes a thing you don't... Okay, they like a thing. If you don't like a thing,.... Okay, you don't like a thing. That's all it breaks down to.

It really is that simple.
It just takes practice and some self control.

Respect is earned. Live up to the level of it you want from other people.

What's the point of being respectful to asshats? Might as well have some fun, and suggest they buy a pet rock or wash the human filth outta their strait jacket. It's stress relieving.

plastroncafe
08-11-2015, 08:17 AM
You mean aside from living comfortably atop of the moral high ground?

Okay, maybe you need something a little more base as motivation.

Group cohesion.
Being kind to the mods, by whose grace we're allowed to be here at all.
Because there are way better stress relieving things one can do with their heads that isn't feeding a troll.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
08-11-2015, 08:29 AM
You mean aside from living comfortably atop of the moral high ground?

:tangel::tlol: Sorry, but "moral high ground" of a fan forum? Doncha think that's just a tad unrealistic? Also inapplicable? Sorry, but that sounds like almost Purple Kraken levels of political crusading. On a fan forum.

Please note, PK, I'm not attacking you. I actually like you. I just think it's ridiculous when you try to morally crusade on a fan forum about anthropomorphic turtle warriors wearing color-coded bandannas.

Okay, maybe you need something a little more base as motivation.

Well, obviously. Bubbly gave me a COOKIE. Whatchu got?

Group cohesion.
Being kind to the mods, by whose grace we're allowed to be here at all.
Because there are way better stress relieving things one can do with their heads that isn't feeding a troll.

THAT is a valid point that makes sense. Poor Machias was definitely frazzled, and for admittedly very good reason.

And what else are we supposed to do with trolls? If we don't feed them, they STARVE. That means they DIE.

Do you know how few goats walk over bridges these days? Who's gonna help out the little fugly trolls if not us? If not us, then who? Think of the children (assuming trolls are capable of some form of genetic offspring production).

Mew
08-11-2015, 08:34 AM
Well, obviously. Bubbly gave me a COOKIE. Whatchu got?

http://cutecaptions.com/images/i-no-do-it/but-meh-want-a-cookie.jpg

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
08-11-2015, 08:38 AM
http://cutecaptions.com/images/i-no-do-it/but-meh-want-a-cookie.jpg

DUDE.

Chocolate is LETHAL to cats. Do you have a death wish!?

Although there are oatmeal raisin cookies. But those aren't so much baked goods as a desperate cry for help...

Mew
08-11-2015, 08:43 AM
DUDE.

Chocolate is LETHAL to cats. Do you have a death wish!?

Although there are oatmeal raisin cookies. But those aren't so much baked goods as a desperate cry for help...
There are also peanut butter cookies, and vanilla cookies!

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
08-11-2015, 08:58 AM
There are also peanut butter cookies, and vanilla cookies!

Vanilla cookies? Like what, vanilla wafers? Also not cookies; those are PUDDING cookies, something entirely different. (And banana pudding is just a waste of vanilla pudding, but that's another pointless rant entirely...)

I'll give ya the peanut butter cookies, though. Unless you're a cat that has a peanut allergy, in which case, you seem to have a hardcore culinary deathwish.

Mew
08-11-2015, 09:24 AM
Vanilla cookies? Like what, vanilla wafers? Also not cookies; those are PUDDING cookies, something entirely different. (And banana pudding is just a waste of vanilla pudding, but that's another pointless rant entirely...)

I'll give ya the peanut butter cookies, though. Unless you're a cat that has a peanut allergy, in which case, you seem to have a hardcore culinary deathwish.
http://static.caloriecount.about.com/images/medium/oreo-sandwich-cookies-golden-167691.jpg

plastroncafe
08-11-2015, 09:34 AM
:tangel::tlol: Sorry, but "moral high ground" of a fan forum? Doncha think that's just a tad unrealistic? Also inapplicable? Sorry, but that sounds like almost Purple Kraken levels of political crusading. On a fan forum.

Hi, perhaps we've not been introduced, I'm Plastroncafe. I've been a Social Justice Cleric in TMNT shaped spaces since 1991.

Please note, PK, I'm not attacking you. I actually like you. I just think it's ridiculous when you try to morally crusade on a fan forum about anthropomorphic turtle warriors wearing color-coded bandannas.

Not attacking, just using you as a yard stick for ridicule. But you know... Good naturedly so that if you take offence I can blame you and not my own words and actions. You know, like friends do.

THAT is a valid point that makes sense. Poor Machias was definitely frazzled, and for admittedly very good reason.

And not the bit about having better things to do with your hand? Well, that explains the trolling behavior.

And what else are we supposed to do with trolls? If we don't feed them, they STARVE. That means they DIE.

Do you know how few goats walk over bridges these days? Who's gonna help out the little fugly trolls if not us? If not us, then who? Think of the children (assuming trolls are capable of some form of genetic offspring production).

Don't worry, we won't let you starve.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
08-11-2015, 09:50 AM
Hi, perhaps we've not been introduced, I'm Plastroncafe. I've been a Social Justice Cleric in TMNT shaped spaces since 1991.

Social Justice Cleric, eh? Nice title, but it does sound like a very thankless
job. However, the only "social justice" crusades I've seen you take on are related to feminism, and are usually rebuttals to statements that range from idiotic, misunderstood, or moronic. So your stances seem much less like tilted at badly misplaced windmills.

Not attacking, just using you as a yard stick for ridicule. But you know... Good naturedly so that if you take offence I can blame you and not my own words and actions. You know, like friends do. Not my friend, and not ridiculing. And yeah, friends totally ridicule each other. All the time.

And not the bit about having better things to do with your hand? Well, that explains the trolling behavior. Masturbation joke, or typo? :tlol:

Don't worry, we won't let you starve. So I'm a troll now, eh? Guess I needed a new nemesis since Amar... the Rahzar kid (can't spell that A-name) got banned. Do we get bright and colorful costumes?

Well, it's been fun, but I'm going to go find something else to do before a mod gets pissed at our anarchist/law-and-order back-and-forth. Gonna see if MewMeow has any of those pale Oreos... vanilla Oreos? 'Least it's not those key lime pie Oreos.

Mew
08-11-2015, 09:54 AM
Gonna see if MewMeow has any of those pale Oreos... vanilla Oreos? 'Least it's not those key lime pie Oreos.

There are right here.

plastroncafe
08-11-2015, 09:56 AM
Social Justice Cleric, eh? Nice title, but it does sound like a very thankless
job. However, the only "social justice" crusades I've seen you take on are related to feminism, and are usually rebuttals to statements that range from idiotic, misunderstood, or moronic. So your stances seem much less like tilted at badly misplaced windmills.

You'd be surprised. I've been thanked quite a bit for my windmill tilting.
But...see, you are capable of disagreeing with my opinions and statements without resorting to namecalling, you just choose not to.

That's the kind of self-policing that's going to keep threads from being closed by mods, and that'll keep people from being banned for troublemaking.

So I'm a troll now, eh? Guess I needed a new nemesis since Amar... the Rahzar kid (can't spell that A-name) got banned. Do we get bright and colorful costumes?

It's a designation you rightfully earned when you mentioned having fun at other people's expense.

Well, it's been fun, but I'm going to go find something else to do before a mod gets pissed at our anarchist/law-and-order back-and-forth. Gonna see if MewMeow has any of those pale Oreos... vanilla Oreos? 'Least it's not those key lime pie Oreos.

Just make sure to switch up your routine now and again.
And have fun.

Netkeeper
08-11-2015, 01:20 PM
Pretty much this. Even I, in all my boiling rage, can still act civil when I want to, and when I'm not, I don't make excuses for it.

:tangel::tlol: Sorry, but "moral high ground" of a fan forum? Doncha think that's just a tad unrealistic? Also inapplicable?
I don't think it should matter that this is a fan space. You say this as if fans inherently ooze disrespect, and that doesn't exactly make us look like normal people.

So your stances seem much less like tilted at badly misplaced windmills.
I SWEAR TO YOU, THEY'RE GIANTS!

Electric
08-11-2015, 05:07 PM

This sounds like you're trying to play victim here.

"They started it!" "They attacked me, I can attack them"

There's a difference between defending yourself maturely when you're attacked and dropping down to their level by just attacking them right back. Both parties are at fault, regardless who started it.

Plastron, completely agree. The forum needs members to act maturely in handling these type of things, instead of the growing idea that people can just be assholes to assholes and think they're being helpful. Two wrongs do not make a right.

Leo656
08-11-2015, 08:56 PM
Actually, two wrongs DO make a right if we apply the same standards we use for double-negatives. Ideally the two wrongs cancel each other out. :tgrin:

I heard "Eye of the Tiger" playing in my head as I read your post. :tlol:

That was respect! Don't fight me! :teek:

I seen you eyeballin' me, hambone. You wanna scrap?!?! :flaming:

Commenter 42
08-11-2015, 09:05 PM
Yes. The forums are getting worse. They're spinning at the moment. Much worse...or better, it's hard to tell.

Electric
08-11-2015, 09:11 PM
I don't think that applies, but still, I'll rephrase it.

If someone's being a jerk, then someone else decides to be a jerk, they don't cancel out. Then you just have two people being jerks, and that's what ruins these forums.

It's fun and easy to joke about how it's "ok to be mean to people that are annoying" but we all know it's not. On this forum, you are under an obligation to be respectful to others, regardless whether you think you're above it. If you're not, doesn't matter if someone else deserved it, you're in the wrong.

Commenter 42
08-11-2015, 09:14 PM
And this kids, is why Sienfeld won't play the college circuit anymore.

Leo656
08-11-2015, 09:48 PM
POP. Nice one, brah. :lol:

Commenter 42
08-11-2015, 09:50 PM
The keyboard is super fuzzy lookin.

Leo656
08-11-2015, 10:03 PM
I have been saying for YEARS, that this place needs a three-drink minimum. Way to raise the f***in' bar, my dude! :tgrin:

It's hot out, y'wanna run through the sprinklers? What? It's not weird, stop makin' it weird.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
08-11-2015, 10:05 PM

Exactly. Fvcking word of God right there.

plastroncafe
08-11-2015, 10:05 PM
Like any of you would actually pay to see Seinfeld perform live.

Leo656
08-11-2015, 10:07 PM
Why don't we split the difference, and pay to see Julia Louis-Dreyfus perform a one-woman belly dance/burlesque show? I'd book that sh*t. :tgrin:

MsMarvelDuckie
08-11-2015, 10:17 PM
Yes. The forums are getting worse. They're spinning at the moment. Much worse...or better, it's hard to tell.

The keyboard is super fuzzy lookin.

I like you when your drunk, man- you're so much fun! Pretty cool the rest of the time, too, but drunk? Ohmergard!!

Leo656
08-11-2015, 11:13 PM
A coupl'a enablers, we. :tgrin:

BubblyShell22
08-12-2015, 07:41 AM
The way I see it, to get respect, you have to earn it. I'm not talking about the mods here in this context but members themselves. I try to be respectful of everyone, but if someone's being stupid or deliberately being a troll and won't stop doing so, I'm going to respond. If someone attacks me for no reason or makes idiotic assumptions like I have seen before then I'm going to respond whether anyone likes it or not. Sure, walking away sounds like the better choice, but I don't do that.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
08-12-2015, 08:16 AM
Like any of you would actually pay to see Seinfeld perform live.

I'd prefer to see John Oliver or Pete Holmes live, but if those guys weren't available, totally.

plastroncafe
08-12-2015, 10:11 AM
I saw Bill Mahar back in my Undergraduate days. Nearly bombed his set at the beginning, because he had no idea how to relate to the audience.

Steven Wright, who I also saw about the same time, brought down the house almost as much as B.B. King, who he was opening for.

So Seinfeld not wanting to do College Shows?
Only shows how out of touch he is with relating to an audience that hasn't been hand selected for him.

BubblyShell22
08-12-2015, 10:27 AM
Wait, I thought he did do college shows. I could have sworn he went to Lake Michigan college and performed there. They advertised it on my local South Bend channel.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
08-12-2015, 10:35 AM
Wait, I thought he did do college shows. I could have sworn he went to Lake Michigan college and performed there. They advertised it on my local South Bend channel.

Not anymore. Actually, there is a growing majority of comedians who will not do universities and colleges anymore.

Bry
08-12-2015, 11:10 AM

That and the fact that the last time he was relevant that audience was in diapers... :P

I don't entirely buy the "political correctness run amok" narrative, though there is some truth to it - some young people can be notoriously literal and thin-skinned, and might not pick up on stuff like subtle context or satire. At the same time, tastes and views on social issues always change and evolve, and I think some comedians (especially extremely successful ones) can get a little out of touch. IMO, there wouldn't be a problem if both "sides" had thicker skin and a sense of humour about themselves, funny enough.

BubblyShell22
08-12-2015, 11:15 AM
Not anymore. Actually, there is a growing majority of comedians who will not do universities and colleges anymore.

Ah, I see. Well, that's okay then. I'd love to see Jeff Dunham perform live. He's hilarious.

Powder
08-12-2015, 11:59 AM
Ah, I see. Well, that's okay then. I'd love to see Jeff Dunham perform live. He's hilarious.

http://i61.tinypic.com/fnwboo.gif

Peanut
08-12-2015, 03:51 PM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view1/4774862/derail-o.gif

Electric
08-12-2015, 04:15 PM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view1/4774862/derail-o.gif

Yep, exactly

BubblyShell22
08-12-2015, 04:18 PM
http://i61.tinypic.com/fnwboo.gif

Ah, I take it you don't like him. Fair enough.

Klunk1234
08-17-2015, 08:30 PM
There are certain forums or chats worse than this one. Check out YouTube or chats among football (soccer for the U.S.A) fans. Those are pretty bad full of insulting comments and replies.

This forum banned a member for breaking the rules. YouTube doesn't do that. I joined this forum because I'm a fan of the TMNT to share with other members who are fans as well.

PangolinFeets
08-17-2015, 09:21 PM
Jim Gaffigan did a show at my college a few years back and it was amazing.

BubblyShell22
08-18-2015, 07:52 AM
Awesome to hear, Pangolin. He's doing a show on cable now, too, though I can't remember what channel it's on.

Papenbrook
11-01-2015, 02:40 PM
With all of the problems that the forums had throughout the past two years, I don't know if it should keep going. I don't want anyone else fighting and suffering. I think the forums should reboot itself, for everyone's sake.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
11-01-2015, 02:50 PM
Oh, PK... if we reboot, it'll just be like in Battlestar Galactica. We'll all come back, the cycle will continue, and I STILL won't look good in Tricia Helfer's little red dress. :tsad:

Powder
11-01-2015, 03:20 PM
With all of the problems that the forums had throughout the past two years, I don't know if it should keep going. I don't want anyone else fighting and suffering. I think the forums should reboot itself, for everyone's sake.

You've been here a short while & all you do is go on about perceived slights that often times are merely the side effect of your own sensitivity. Rather than suggest shutting down a forum with hundreds of bustling, productive fans, maybe you should just take a break from it. Besides, hardly anything has happened since the Bayturtles fiasco & that's old news now.

Papenbrook
11-01-2015, 03:34 PM
You've been here a short while & all you do is go on about perceived slights that often times are merely the side effect of your own sensitivity. Rather than suggest shutting down a forum with hundreds of bustling, productive fans, maybe you should just take a break from it. Besides, hardly anything has happened since the Bayturtles fiasco & that's old news now.

You don't understand, Powder. The cycle of hope and despair has to end. The Technodrome needs to stop itself from becoming the next YouTube/Tumblr. And there's only one way to do that-by shutting it down. Then rebooting it.

I know. At first, I didn't want the Technodrome to get shut down, but now it has to. That is the only way to end this madness.

Powder
11-01-2015, 03:39 PM
There is no hope, there is no despair. There is ninja turtle news & discussion. Go outside or something.

It wasn't anywhere near being on track to "becoming the next Tumblr" until people like you came here making threads that accuse the Nick staff of being sexist & fat-shamers.

So I really hope you're a troll.

BubblyShell22
11-01-2015, 03:41 PM
No, the only way to end this madness is for you to go away for a while. Nothing is going to change just because you want it to. And I don't think this forum should shut down completely. People are going to fight about things. That's just the way things are these days. Like the saying says, "If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen."

Papenbrook
11-01-2015, 03:43 PM
There is no hope, there is no despair. There is ninja turtle news & discussion. Go outside or something.

It wasn't anywhere near being on track to "becoming the next Tumblr" until people like you came here making threads that accuse the Nick staff of being sexist & fat-shamers.

So I really hope you're a troll.

I have NEVER accused the staff of being discriminatory to any of those groups.

I am not trolling. I am telling the truth. The forums are getting worse. You should know it.

Leo656
11-01-2015, 03:51 PM
I like Powder, he's a good egg.

Frankly, the only thing that can save this place would be if there was an over-18 section where people could talk about anything regardless of the supposed "Rules", and if people were "offended" or "upset" they could just go somewhere else. And we tried that like 8 years ago and it didn't work because even in a "no holds barred" section of the forum dedicated only to "controversial" discussions there were STILL too many delicate flowers who cried about everything anytime anyone disagreed with them. And the entire idea was undermined from the start, anyway, because they still had Rules and Mods in a section that shouldn't have had either, and the whole thing self-destructed anyway because of it. "Here's a place to talk about things that are against the Rules. Please obey The Rules." Gee, I wonder why it failed? You can't have it both ways; people are going to get passionate when discussing controversial things, and if people wanna fight you have to let them.

This place suffers because it's about 95% adults, who have to censor themselves constantly in a variety of ways because of the very small handful of active posters who are children. I've never liked that. And it inevitably leads to blow-ups when people eventualy get tired of dumbing themselves down and being "polite" to people they can't stand, of any age, because we need to keep it a "safe space". Adults and children don't typically engage in conversation in real life, for obvious reasons; adults shouldn't be forced to converse on the level of children (OR "overly sensitive types") just because one or two of them are in the room. The majority makes the rules and sets the tone, not the other way around.

The upswing over the past year of Private Groups that are often more active (and more interesting) than the Main Boards illustrates clearly that there's a high level of dissatisfaction among the general posters, who feel like they're "not allowed" to talk the way they want to in public. That tells me that there's a ton of fundamental problems in the basic structure of this place.

I feel like since half this place hates the other half, and it always blows up anyway, might as well have a Free-For-All section where people can talk about whatever they want and if they wanna fight, let them. Best case, it allows all the pent-up hostility constantly bubbling just below the surface to escape and things will generally be more calm.

Worst case, it explodes and drags the entire forum down in flames once and for all. :lol: But hey, who genuinely cares anymore anyway?

Powder
11-01-2015, 03:57 PM
I have NEVER accused the staff of being discriminatory to any of those groups.

I am not trolling. I am telling the truth. The forums are getting worse. You should know it.

Nick TMNT related threads of yours that directly contradict what you just said:

"Do you think the show is, in any way, sexist?"
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=49094

"Do you think the show is fat-shaming some of the characters?"
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=47871

Nick TMNT & general threads of yours that fall under the category of the boards "becoming the next Tumblr":

-"Body Types"
-"Why are most of the female characters love interests?"
-""Me,me,me" Generation"
-"Why are people criticized for their body types?"
-"Why are some people hesitant of, or even outright hate, Tumblr?"
-"Why do most people think Renet is a bimbo?"

& arguably others, whose socio-political angles call to mind that very site, whether or not good discussion came of it.

You've seemingly stopped making these kinds of controversial flame-bait threads but you were for a time the main contributor of content you feel is worsening the site.

This thread is a self-fulfilling prophecy, even. :tlol:

As for what Leo's saying, frankly, I don't think this is the kinda place that should really even have non-TMNT discussion. At least outside the bounds of other pop culture media, that is. It's the "Everything Else" section that causes the most ire in recent years.

Leo656
11-01-2015, 04:06 PM
Besides, if it was "rebooted" all the same people would be in it anyway unless it was run by completely different people. That'd be a whole lot of work for nothing.

"Cycle of hope and despair". :lol: It's a message board. Get a job! Problem solved. All that Mean Stuff on the internet immediately loses all meaning for you once you have Actual Stuff to occupy your time with. I don't care who you are, if you spend huge chunks of your days worrying about the "temperature of the room" in an internet forum dedicated to cartoon shows... you MAY have no life. Just a thought.

BubblyShell22
11-01-2015, 04:15 PM
Well said, Leo, and I agree. PK, get a hobby. Why do you have to worry about what people who are behind a computer screen say? Go outside, walk the dog, read a book, or watch a movie. Nobody's forcing you to stay on the Internet. If you don't like it here, then just leave and be done with it. This place is awesome, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Yeah, there are people who are jerks, but you get that in real life, too. If you can't handle it on a simple Internet forum, then you obviously won't survive in the real world.

The only hope and despair here is the sh*t in your head, dear. Get help!

TurtleTitan97
11-01-2015, 04:17 PM

That's a ridiculous idea. :roll: If this forum bothers you that much, why not leave instead of coming back to it?

Papenbrook
11-01-2015, 04:18 PM
You guys don't understand. The websites I have mentioned are in chaos as of late. We could become like them if we don't do something.

TurtleTitan97
11-01-2015, 04:23 PM
You guys don't understand. The websites I have mentioned are in chaos as of late. We could become like them if we don't do something.

PK, I'm going to share with you a harsh truth about the things you've said. Because like the saying goes, "The truth hurts".

NO ONE CARES.

pennydreadful
11-01-2015, 04:25 PM
http://38.media.tumblr.com/4af5331cea112ace286f95fb26f6bb8d/tumblr_nro78j5THE1qccr2xo2_500.gif

http://38.media.tumblr.com/c3a97bfbc5b89221eb53a04eaf861976/tumblr_nro78j5THE1qccr2xo3_500.gif

Well, if the forums weren't worse before, they are now that I'm back on the scene. :lol: Ah, the sweet aroma of trolls, pissbabies, cliquish slapfights and circular arguments... it's like coming home, I tells ya.

Leo656
11-01-2015, 04:31 PM

Here it is. The fact that you're online enough, and go on enough forums, to notice and label it as an epidemic of some type means you're paying too much attention to the internet. No surprise, but there it is in black and white.

99% of "real" people have no idea what Tumblr even is and think YouTube is nothing but videos of people's goofy pets. If either one vanished tomorrow, the world wouldn't even notice. Same with this place. Face reality.

You want a scare? Forget Tumblr or whatever. Read the Comments section of ANY Yahoo News article, realize that THOSE people are the General Population of society, and that most of them vote. You're welcome for the resultant loss of faith in all humanity.

Well, if the forums weren't worse before, they are now that I'm back on the scene. :lol: Ah, the sweet aroma of trolls, pissbabies, cliquish slapfights and circular arguments... it's like coming home, I tells ya.

Holy sh*t.

BubblyShell22
11-01-2015, 04:33 PM

So, here's an idea. Don't visit those sites and don't come here if you don't like them. As I said before, no one is forcing you to come to this site or any other site. So, just go away and leave us all in peace.

And Leo has a point too. The fact that you're paying attention to any of this shows you have no life outside of the Internet. Time for you to get one.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
11-01-2015, 06:16 PM
Purple Kraken, I'm gonna step outside my usual persona and have a little heart-to-heart with ya, if that's okay. (Guys, give us the room for a minute.)

I get where you're coming from. The world is a terrible harsh place full of terrible harsh people. But you can't let that get you down. And you can't change the world, either. All you can do is change people, one individual at a time, and only by interacting with them personally and free of judgment. Once you've known them a little while, then helpfully suggest a change in their thinking or behavior, explain why, and assure them you're not judging them but just want to help. Regardless of what they do or don't change, assure them you're still their friend.

And if that doesn't work? Slap yourself in the face with a warm tasty pancake. (You don't want to actually eat the pancake because then you'll be fat and cruel evil people like us will shame you for it.)

pennydreadful
11-01-2015, 06:31 PM
Holy sh*t.

I know, I know - those are tears of joy you're crying.

Speaking of crying, I see that the usual hand-wringing about folks acting like anal-hooks on the internet continues. Good to know I haven't missed any actual fandom news. :tlol:

Netkeeper
11-01-2015, 06:33 PM
http://i.imgur.com/3cohpnV.gif
YES. YES THEY ARE.

I'M SO HAPPY TO HAVE YOU BACK.

Powder
11-01-2015, 06:34 PM
If the boards did get worse, it's because Penny was gone for a while.

I've missed you, dudette!

Netkeeper
11-01-2015, 06:36 PM
Completely agreed!! The forums have just been SAD without Penny!

Commenter 42
11-01-2015, 06:37 PM
Here it is. The fact that you're online enough, and go on enough forums, to notice and label it as an epidemic of some type means you're paying too much attention to the internet. No surprise, but there it is in black and white.

99% of "real" people have no idea what Tumblr even is and think YouTube is nothing but videos of people's goofy pets. If either one vanished tomorrow, the world wouldn't even notice. Same with this place. Face reality.

You want a scare? Forget Tumblr or whatever. Read the Comments section of ANY Yahoo News article, realize that THOSE people are the General Population of society, and that most of them vote. You're welcome for the resultant loss of faith in all humanity.

Lately you're a joyless a$$. You're still holding a grudge over a silly fight with me, and you're actively trying to convince everyone that they're wasting their lives.

Maybe something happened in real life, maybe not. I don't know, but deal with it man.

You used to be better than this, or at least you came across that way.

Jester
11-01-2015, 06:37 PM
Man...what happened...

Penny!? I gave you my keys and told you to lock up behind me.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
11-01-2015, 06:41 PM

Speaking of crying, I see that the usual hand-wringing about folks acting like anal-hooks on the internet continues. Good to know I haven't missed any actual fandom news. :tlol:

Well, if you're not reading the IDW comics, you missed some absolutely BADASS issues!!!

But seriously, you're one of the few mature take-no-$hit people on here. You're like Batman in The Dark Knight Rises... you left when we needed you most!!!! :tsad:

Seriously, though, good to have ya back. :twink:

CyberCubed
11-01-2015, 06:42 PM
penny, do you know what Batman movie those Joker gifs are from? I'm trying to remember...

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
11-01-2015, 06:48 PM
penny, do you know what Batman movie those Joker gifs are from? I'm trying to remember...

Assault on Arkham (aka the animated Suicide Squad)

CyberCubed
11-01-2015, 06:50 PM
Assault on Arkham (aka the animated Suicide Squad)

Ah, I watched that movie then. I was wondering if I missed a new animated Batman movie.

Leo656
11-01-2015, 07:10 PM
Lately you're a joyless a$$. You're still holding a grudge over a silly fight with me, and you're actively trying to convince everyone that they're wasting their lives.

Maybe something happened in real life, maybe not. I don't know, but deal with it man.

You used to be better than this, or at least you came across that way.

Re-evaluation of real-life priorities and a realization that this place was enormously too high on the list, if weighed by how much time was spent on it. Time, thought, effort and emotion better spent elsewhere. That's not just true of me, it's pretty clearly true of just about everyone here.

I don't care if it's a nice thing to say or a popular thing to point out, but everyone here is pretty clearly here too much and we'd all be better off doing just about anything else. It's silly. It IS a waste of life no matter how anyone tries to spin it. If you're a grown-up and you're not being paid to argue with people about cartoons and movies all day, go home. That's really all there is to it. If half the people here put as much effort into their jobs as they did into their posts, they'd all be rich. If I'm an asshole for pointing that out - not saying I'm not - then it's fine, I'd rather be right than polite.

As I've said, I know I'm guilty as hell despite my best efforts to be better. I try and take a break, I come in to check a couple PMs, and then I get roped into more banal and inconsequential nonsense. Truth is, we're all just stupid assholes.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
11-01-2015, 07:15 PM
Re-evaluation of real-life priorities and a realization that this place was enormously too high on the list, if weighed by how much time was spent on it. Time, thought, effort and emotion better spent elsewhere. That's not just true of me, it's pretty clearly true of just about everyone here.

I don't care if it's a nice thing to say or a popular thing to point out, but everyone here is pretty clearly here too much and we'd all be better off doing just about anything else. It's silly. It IS a waste of life no matter how anyone tries to spin it. If you're a grown-up and you're not being paid to argue with people about cartoons and movies all day, go home. That's really all there is to it. If half the people here put as much effort into their jobs as they did into their posts, they'd all be rich. If I'm an asshole for pointing that out - not saying I'm not - then it's fine, I'd rather be right than polite.

As I've said, I know I'm guilty as hell despite my best efforts to be better. I try and take a break, I come in to check a couple PMs, and then I get roped into more banal and inconsequential nonsense. Truth is, we're all just stupid assholes.

Hey man. HEY! I'm a SMART asshole, thank you very much.

Leo656
11-01-2015, 07:17 PM
You sass me again boy and I'm gonna rip off your eye-patch and fill the empty socket with gummy bears and caulk.

I enjoy imagining people as their avatars.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
11-01-2015, 07:20 PM
You sass me again boy and I'm gonna rip off your eye-patch and fill the empty socket with gummy bears and caulk.

Until like a couple of months ago, I thought you WERE your avatar.

Yeah, I didn't know who Kevin Nash was. Turns out you're a little shorter. :tlol:

Netkeeper
11-01-2015, 07:27 PM

I do this too. I hope you imagine me as mine, because Blackquill is a lovely man.

Leo656
11-01-2015, 07:29 PM
I'm forced to take your word for it, as I have no idea who that is. :lol:

CyberCubed
11-01-2015, 07:32 PM
Even though we're all adults I feel like that shouldn't stop people from discussing children's cartoons.

I'll probably still be here when I'm 50, educating the new young children on the history of TMNT "back in my day."

Netkeeper
11-01-2015, 07:33 PM
I'm forced to take your word for it, as I have no idea who that is. :lol:
http://i.imgur.com/RlqrGtz.gif

https://31.media.tumblr.com/c354104839f0e398affacf7d3782075c/tumblr_inline_nb7u1bGczK1sl7jbs.gif
God, this gif's makin' me swoon.

pennydreadful
11-01-2015, 07:34 PM
This outpouring of affection is making me moist.

https://media.giphy.com/media/VUu7aCjiIMS1G/giphy.gif

In all seriousness (and without boring anyone with the details); I've been both busy and pretty sick (hence the absence), I'm still pretty sick (and oh so many jokes present themselves there)... nothing fatal but between that and some of the f*ckflippers here, I considered handing in my membership card and just enjoying TMNT as a solo thing. But there are some good folks here who I honestly miss talking to... and this is still the place for Turtle news.

Besides, this place needs more awesome people. I'm like a chocolate chip in a cookie made of dog crap. :D

Commenter 42
11-01-2015, 07:34 PM
Truth is, we're all just stupid assholes.

Still pi$$y then? Okay. Let me know when you're better.

Leo656
11-01-2015, 07:37 PM
:lol: I'm fine. Aside from the Mets being their own worst enemy AS USUAL. But that's besides the point.

Commenter 42
11-01-2015, 07:43 PM
4 olive branches and a bunch of posts in the BVS thread, and not a GD peep from you man. awful cold for October.

You don't have better things to do; none of us do.

That's why why we're here. it's who we are. it's what we do.

Leo656
11-01-2015, 07:49 PM
I am never going in that thread again. I said what I meant and I meant what I said.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
11-01-2015, 07:52 PM
4 olive branches and a bunch of posts in the BVS thread, and not a GD peep from you man. awful cold for October.

You don't have better things to do; none of us do.

That's why why we're here. it's who we are. it's what we do.

Awful damn judgy, too. Maybe some of us like the people here. Well, SOME of the people here.

Papenbrook
11-01-2015, 08:09 PM
I am sorry about my behavior everyone. I was upset.

Commenter 42
11-01-2015, 08:48 PM
I am never going in that thread again. I said what I meant and I meant what I said.

You'll feel better, I promise.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
11-01-2015, 09:01 PM
I am sorry about my behavior everyone. I was upset.

You didn't really slap yourself with a tasty pancake, did you? Waste of a good breakfast.

Seriously though, everything else in that particular post I made... take it to heart, please. It'll get you farther in life AND show better results.

Snakeweed
11-01-2015, 11:19 PM
So I haven't been here too long, but I've liked this place so far...
And while there may be a lot of adults here, this is a forum about a series generally aimed at children, so I don't think that they should be faulted for being here either.

I think it just goes both ways: people shouldn't be getting offended too easily, but people also shouldn't be saying things that could easily offend someone.

I just really hope this all calms down a bit

pennydreadful
11-01-2015, 11:43 PM
It won't calm down. There's always blood in the water here. :lol:

If you're smart, you'll keep a handy supply of shark-repellent close-by at all times:

http://img.gawkerassets.com/post/8/2012/04/batspray.jpg

Otherwise, you'll end up like this:

http://media2.giphy.com/media/QdAaeNLwNUlFK/giphy.gif

I suppose if you run out, you could always take the Mr T approach though:

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/mr-t-shark-punch.gif

BubblyShell22
11-02-2015, 06:20 AM
The problem is overly sensitive people who can't take anything and feel the need to want to ruin everyone else's good time because they're having a sh*tty day. PK, I hope you are sorry, and I hope that you'll take the advice of everyone here. The forums aren't the problem. You are because you're spending all your time worrying about this site and other sites. Maybe finding something to do wouldn't hurt. Heck, get a pet rock and take care of it. They're awesome.

Welcome back, Penny. Hope you feel better soon. It's kind of weird that you changed your sig. I was so used to that Thrax in your sig that I had to do a double take and look at who was posting.

plastroncafe
11-02-2015, 07:49 AM
Besides, this place needs more awesome people. I'm like a chocolate chip in a cookie made of dog crap. :D

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/degrassi/images/f/f3/Sokka_suki.gif

I could not possibly be happier to see you!

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
11-02-2015, 07:55 AM
Heck, get a pet rock and take care of it. They're awesome.

Welcome back, Penny. Hope you feel better soon. It's kind of weird that you changed your sig. I was so used to that Thrax in your sig that I had to do a double take and look at who was posting.

In controlled laboratory studies, Pet Rocks are clinically proven to improve a person's health (both physical and mental), self-esteem, sex drive, and sense of balance.

And yeah, I'm now not so sure it's really Penny... maybe it's Penny from a parallel reality? :teek:

Gunstar_Red
11-02-2015, 01:16 PM
This place is pretty civil compared to other places and completely tame compared to Tumblr and YouTube. So no, this place isn't bad or getting worse. If anything, it's just going through one of it's cycles. Like all forums, they have their cycles of popularity, flame wars, dead times, solidarity, etc. If the members are strong, they can pull the forum out of negative times. That's what I learnt from 10 years moderating a Megaman forum, years ago.

A toxic community eats and attacks itself from the inside out (it really hurts when the creators of the show/game/comic/whatever get involved with the cannibalism like one really popular recently publicized fandom...). Although a lot of fandoms seem to get this, at least the TMNT one isn't that bad. Sure, you get the era or movie wars but mostly fans of a certain version usually stick with similar fans. The majority of people usually don't go looking for trouble that I've seen. (Except for 2012 fans on Tumblr... but then I'm talking about Tumblr, of course!)

Purple Kraken, from what I know about you, which is little, you seem like a nice kid with some crusade. But if you are fighting the 2012 cartoon, it's a lost cause. Enjoy previous versions if you are looking for actual strong female characters. I'm still trying to figure out my feelings about the 2012 cartoon. The blood still drips from my wound. How I deal with it is to just try to avoid the show, articles, and news. (The toys on the other hand...) I have plenty of backlog TMNT stuff from the 90s that I need to experience, so I'm not bailing out. ^_^

Ah, the sweet aroma of trolls, pissbabies, cliquish slapfights and circular arguments... it's like coming home, I tells ya.

Penny! I'm so glad you are back! I have nightmares about birthday parties... :tcry: ::hugs you::

Meow
11-02-2015, 01:37 PM
Uh ... put it together, common denaminator, that's all I have to say without reading the previous pages. What the hell wrong though? Let me simply put it like this: Most of you probably are native spakers while some and most of the visitors aren't. Why not meow? Why not give some receive over all the weird stuff? Eh wait, did I say there's something wrong? Course I didn't. It's up to every single one of you, guys or girls, who cares. Common denaminator, put it together :)

Powder
11-02-2015, 02:56 PM
Ya know what is making the boards worse? All the threads getting derailed with cat role-play & exchanging imaginary sandwiches.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
11-02-2015, 03:00 PM
Ya know what is making the boards worse? All the threads getting derailed with cat role-play & exchanging imaginary sandwiches.

The sandwich jokes are satire, my good fellow. But yes... something should be done about the cats.

CyberCubed
11-02-2015, 03:01 PM
This fandom is not bad at all, nowhere as bad as the Pokemon fandom or some others I could mention.

plastroncafe
11-02-2015, 03:07 PM
I don't know that comparing us to another fandom is really the answer to the question asked.

Of course there are going to be fandoms better/worse than ours.
The question is: Are we worse than we used to be?

PangolinFeets
11-02-2015, 03:23 PM
http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/degrassi/images/f/f3/Sokka_suki.gif

I could not possibly be happier to see you!

Seconded. :tcool:

Etsyturtle2
11-02-2015, 03:25 PM
If anything here better because my here.:D

Netkeeper
11-02-2015, 03:30 PM
If anything here better because my here.:D
That isn't even English.

tmnt transformer
11-02-2015, 04:51 PM
Generally speaking.... yes. This forum is getting worse. There are the cool parts with the customizers and the info, but the cat lingo and the sandwich jokes are killing that. Seriously, how does a thread go from tmnt stuff to anime, sandwich jokes and then to bra's in japan....

Netkeeper
11-02-2015, 05:12 PM
It's called natural evolution of conversation. Topics drift. It happens. No big deal.

tmnt transformer
11-02-2015, 05:14 PM
It's called natural evolution of conversation. Topics drift. It happens. No big deal.

Thats a pretty extreme change.

pennydreadful
11-02-2015, 06:24 PM
And yeah, I'm now not so sure it's really Penny... maybe it's Penny from a parallel reality? :teek:

I'm Skellington Penny from the future, here to sell you all on the appeal of cat sandwiches.

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/alf/images/9/92/Cat_sandwich.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20110128060130

Just watch out for the hairballs!

Seriously though - and this could be apathy masquerading as zen-like levity... there's absolutely zero point getting worked up over whether someone here is on their eight thousandth profile, or if they're just an axe wound in general (or doing their best imitation of one). Hell, I've been as guilty of getting worked up over some of the social crap here as anyone... but honestly, what difference does the opinion/behavior of someone on the internet make in any of our lives? The stuff that goes on in here is pretty silly and unimportant in the grand scheme of things - why assign it an importance that it doesn't deserve?

I mean, I don't think anyone here is going to be laying on their deathbed muttering "Man, I wish I'd had more internet arguments with l33tTurtleFan94!"

Here's the thing - people are dicks. They're dicks individually, they're dicks as groups. That's just the way it is - humanity is a virus with shoes; and there are a few good eggs here and there, but the vast majority of the people you encounter will rarely be worth a squirt of piss. So with that in mind, just use the forums here for fun and TMNT news - worrying about fandoms and community and growing together as better people and educating others is a waste of time and energy. Just do you, and don't worry about anyone else. What someone says or does on the internet isn't going to put food in your stomach, a roof over your head, money in your pocket or improve your health. It has no power over anything that matters. You're gonna be a long time dead - don't waste the time you do have getting legitimately upset over some of the infantile antics that go on here. Take what joy you can where you can in life, and just tune the rest out.

http://womenwriteaboutcomics.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Captain-Planet-and-the-Planeteers-Poster-702x300.jpg

Just my two cents. *shrugs* But hell, if I'm gonna be doing after-school-special type speeches, I may as well get ol' CC on my side. :D

Etsyturtle2
11-02-2015, 06:26 PM
That isn't even English.

I saying not that without my stuff, the techie dorm would be like doody.

I meant "if anything, it's better because I'm here."
Auto correct messed it up big time.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
11-02-2015, 08:18 PM
Here's the thing - people are dicks. They're dicks individually, they're dicks as groups. That's just the way it is - humanity is a virus with shoes; and there are a few good eggs here and there, but the vast majority of the people you encounter will rarely be worth a squirt of piss. So with that in mind, just use the forums here for fun and TMNT news - worrying about fandoms and community and growing together as better people and educating others is a waste of time and energy. Just do you, and don't worry about anyone else. What someone says or does on the internet isn't going to put food in your stomach, a roof over your head, money in your pocket or improve your health. It has no power over anything that matters. You're gonna be a long time dead - don't waste the time you do have getting legitimately upset over some of the infantile antics that go on here. Take what joy you can where you can in life, and just tune the rest out.

You were making sense and I believed you until that picture of Captain Planet. Now I hate you, I hate pulp fiction stories, and I even hate Eva Green in that gothic horror stories!!!!

Nah, just kidding. People who understand people are dicks are the only people with enough common sense to keep from tripping over their own shoelaces... and considering that the people without that common sense wear velcro shoes and STILL trip over the laces that aren't there, THAT'S SAYING SOMETHING.

Jephael
11-02-2015, 08:21 PM
Having unintentionally gotten into some petty arguments here in the past, I find it's much easier to just sit back and lurk most of the time. Things tend to blow over in time anyhow, and if anybody still has a beef with me over crap that happened eons ago, that's their problem!

pennydreadful
11-02-2015, 09:35 PM
Or maybe I'm using Captain Planet... ironically, waving around a symbol of the clapped out "you can do it! be the change you want to see in the world!" schtick that we're deriding in the first place, underscoring the ultimate futility of it all... I'm so deep!

http://www.gifwave.com/media/35712_movies-brad-pitt-fight-club-edward-norton-tyler-durden.gif

:lol: Nah, I'm just full of it. Think of me as alternate-universe Tyler Durden... with bitch tits. The first rule of anti-fight club is we do not talk about anti-fight club. :P You are not the car you drive! You are not the posts you make!

BubblyShell22
11-03-2015, 07:10 AM
Generally speaking.... yes. This forum is getting worse. There are the cool parts with the customizers and the info, but the cat lingo and the sandwich jokes are killing that. Seriously, how does a thread go from tmnt stuff to anime, sandwich jokes and then to bra's in japan....

*gasps* How DARE you insult the might power of the sandwich! A curse upon you on this National Sandwich Day. :lol:

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
11-03-2015, 08:16 AM
Or maybe I'm using Captain Planet... ironically, waving around a symbol of the clapped out "you can do it! be the change you want to see in the world!" schtick that we're deriding in the first place, underscoring the ultimate futility of it all... I'm so deep!

http://www.gifwave.com/media/35712_movies-brad-pitt-fight-club-edward-norton-tyler-durden.gif

:lol: Nah, I'm just full of it. Think of me as alternate-universe Tyler Durden... with bitch tits. The first rule of anti-fight club is we do not talk about anti-fight club. :P You are not the car you drive! You are not the posts you make!

I just... wait, then that means... but if...

I can't trust anyone anymore. Not even myself. It was all so much simpler when the men in white coats took care of me every day. :tsad:

BubblyShell22
11-03-2015, 01:42 PM
Nope. No one is who they seem...

But in all honesty, I think we should be praised for being the most active TMNT message board out there. I'm part of two other TMNT message boards and while they're active, they're not half as active as this one is. This board has been around for sixteen years and is still going strong and that's to do with the community and how strong we really are and how dedicated we are to TMNT in general.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
11-03-2015, 01:50 PM
Nope. No one is who they seem...

But in all honesty, I think we should be praised for being the most active TMNT message board out there. I'm part of two other TMNT message boards and while they're active, they're not half as active as this one is. This board has been around for sixteen years and is still going strong and that's to do with the community and how strong we really are and how dedicated we are to TMNT in general.

Actually, it's all thanks to CyberCubed. He is a silent guardian, a watchful protector... oops, wrong fandom. :trazz:

MsMarvelDuckie
11-03-2015, 05:46 PM

I've missed you, dudette!

Ditto!

Hey man. HEY! I'm a SMART asshole, thank you very much.

You sure about that, man? :trazz:

That's a morbid, yet entertaining mental image, Leo! And yeah, I do that too, sometimes.

Until like a couple of months ago, I thought you WERE your avatar.

Yeah, I didn't know who Kevin Nash was. Turns out you're a little shorter. :tlol:

Quite a bit, apparently.... Good lawd that guy is HUGE!!

This outpouring of affection is making me moist.

https://media.giphy.com/media/VUu7aCjiIMS1G/giphy.gif

In all seriousness (and without boring anyone with the details); I've been both busy and pretty sick (hence the absence), I'm still pretty sick (and oh so many jokes present themselves there)... nothing fatal but between that and some of the f*ckflippers here, I considered handing in my membership card and just enjoying TMNT as a solo thing. But there are some good folks here who I honestly miss talking to... and this is still the place for Turtle news.

That you are, and so good to have you back. Our time without you was spent in mourning, bemoaning the loss of our beloved pennydreadful. You were greatly missed. Wait, that almost sounds like a eulogy.

The sandwich jokes are satire, my good fellow. But yes... something should be done about the cats.

Meh, just throw a couple of catnip toys on the floor and they'll be fine. And it has a bonus of being highly entertaining for the rest of us!

Meow
11-04-2015, 10:21 AM
Oh really? We've had it with all those cats and pokemon, captain planets included and what not fetish? Wonderful - you simply (literally) forgot that it is the entire attitude that makes the place and if you decide to hate you actually are responsible for the negative vibe.

Like it or not, accept how people are, how people feel and what they like to be. You're welcome all so wonderful senior drome people who are convinced of being wiser, experienced or whatever it is you seem to see yourself because we are all the same, fact, period. Think about that and make up your so grown up minds. Feel free to speak your word then.

"Sharing your opinions" it is I hear you say ahead already? Well, go stick it up somewhere because I don't even need a mama to tell me to shut it if I don't have anything nice to say, this is simply common sense. Enjoy yourselves :)

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
11-04-2015, 10:34 AM
Oh really? We've had it with all those cats and pokemon, captain planets included and what not fetish? Wonderful - you simply (literally) forgot that it is the entire attitude that makes the place and if you decide to hate you actually are responsible for the negative vibe.

Like it or not, accept how people are, how people feel and what they like to be. You're welcome all so wonderful senior drome people who are convinced of being wiser, experienced or whatever it is you seem to see yourself because we are all the same, fact, period. Think about that and make up your so grown up minds. Feel free to speak your word then.

"Sharing your opinions" it is I hear you say ahead already? Well, go stick it up somewhere because I don't even need a mama to tell me to shut it if I don't have anything nice to say, this is simply common sense. Enjoy yourselves :)

Kids these days...

Unworthy tinker
11-04-2015, 11:23 AM

I don't think many people around here consider themselves superior to anyone else. Some things just get annoying sometimes.

Now, when it comes to opinions, I agree (mostly). If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all, but, you can always say what's annoying you nicely. You don't have to go "grrr, stop this thing, it's annoying and you suck!!!" You can just politely ask if they can chill with something.

All in all, I don't see this "negative vibe". Yeah, things can get rough, and it isn't the happiest place on Earth (...or rather, the internet I suppose), but it's not that bad. No where near the same level as Tumblr.

Meow
11-04-2015, 12:03 PM
Thank you for your positively contributing post, actually a real contribution, sir unworthy tinker although I don't consider "unworthy" as a literal thing in this particular case since I see you more of the contrary in this case. This is how posts are actually appreciated!

Leo656
11-06-2015, 09:38 PM
I don't think many people around here consider themselves superior to anyone else. .

It's pretty much just me and like three other guys.

Netkeeper
11-06-2015, 09:40 PM
Am I one of them

Leo656
11-06-2015, 10:39 PM
Am I one of them

I'm not entirely sure, as while you are supremely confidant outwardly, you're often plagued by crippling self-doubt, which makes you question your own superiority.

When in doubt I suggest taking your insecurities out on the homeless through physical violence. They're generally at a disadvantage physically and they have no voice in the community. So it's a safe and relatively harmless confidence builder. Also, most of them are just soaked with cheap alcohol, so should you choose to go the fast and easy route of setting them ablaze, they go up rather quick and leave very little physical evidence behind.

Hope that helps. You'll be alright.

Amaranthus
11-07-2015, 02:16 AM

I've considered myself superior since I was 13, basically.

Leo656
11-07-2015, 02:33 AM
Liberating, isn't it?

The trick is, don't ever say sh*t unless you already know you're absolutely right. Then ride that sh*t into the ground. Otherwise say nothing. Never get roped into some argument about abstract variables or things that can't be measured or proven. That's for nitwits. It's all about picking your battles, my boy. Then you not only have that feeling of superiority, but a justifiable one that nobody can rightly question was both earned and deserved.

Once you have a track record of being consistently right, they really can't say much. Aside from, "Hey, that guy's obnoxious", but like, so? That's just bitterness on their part. They were so hung up on reinforcing "opinions" they forgot that it's more important to be right than fair.

Yeah, it's pretty sweet. Eventually you don't even have to make an effort to be condescending, it just comes naturally. You're on your way, buddy. :)

Netkeeper
11-07-2015, 02:57 AM
I'm not entirely sure, as while you are supremely confidant outwardly, you're often plagued by crippling self-doubt, which makes you question your own superiority.

When in doubt I suggest taking your insecurities out on the homeless through physical violence. They're generally at a disadvantage physically and they have no voice in the community. So it's a safe and relatively harmless confidence builder. Also, most of them are just soaked with cheap alcohol, so should you choose to go the fast and easy route of setting them ablaze, they go up rather quick and leave very little physical evidence behind.

Hope that helps. You'll be alright.
This is the best advice I have ever read.

Leo656
11-07-2015, 03:16 AM
When you're older I'll tell you the secret of how we keep the hooker population under control.

Free dirty needles. Pass it on.

Sounds cruel but it's gotta be done to keep the numbers down or they end up on your f*cking lawn like deer. And while the law only sees a very minor difference between hitting a stray deer with your car and hitting a stray hooker with your car, it's still a huge pain in the ass.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
11-07-2015, 12:55 PM
When you're older I'll tell you the secret of how we keep the hooker population under control.

Free dirty needles. Pass it on.

Sounds cruel but it's gotta be done to keep the numbers down or they end up on your f*cking lawn like deer. And while the law only sees a very minor difference between hitting a stray deer with your car and hitting a stray hooker with your car, it's still a huge pain in the ass.

"No, Cyril, when they're dead, they're just hookers!"