PDA

View Full Version : The All-New All-Different Amazing Spider-Man

ZariusTwo
06-30-2015, 11:15 AM
Moving this to it's own thread rather than clutter up Renew Your Vows with it

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11113/111135706/4658017-6270599072-jbm55.jpg

Are you ready for an all-new, all amazing… “Amazing Spider-Man?” Well get ready, because in October, Peter Parker is getting a new costume, a new global perspective, and a new… Car?

That’s right: not only is Spider-Man now a globe-spanning entrepreneur and inventor — think Tony Stark, but with less alcohol and more angst — he’s also bringing the classic Spider-Mobile back, along with a few other surprises.

The new series is written by fan favorite Dan Slott, drawn by Giuseppe Camuncoli, and has a new costume designed by Alex Ross. But before we get into what’s up with Spider-Man this fall, a quick rundown on how we got here.

Through a variety of body-switching circumstances too complicated to explain, mild-mannered Peter Parker ended up the owner of Parker Industries, a tech company. Post-“Secret Wars,” Parker is finally figuratively owning his new position in life, having taken Parker Industries and made it one of the leading companies in the world.

Move over, Stark Industries: Spider-Man is in charge this time.

“Peter Parker has stepped up,” Slott told MTV News over the phone. “He’s grown. He’s become the Peter Parker we’ve always hoped he was going to be. This company, with Peter’s inventions and Peter’s gumption has gone to new heights.”

Okay, back to the body switching for a second. The villainous Doctor Octopus took over Peter Parker’s body for a while, and that’s who started and created Parker Industries. But now, Peter is in control and in charge, and is creating inventions that have a decidedly friendly bent.

The inventions aren’t the only thing with Spider-Man’s trademark humor infused in them, though. Just like in the real world, Spider-Man is everywhere. Now that Peter Parker is an international icon, Spider-Man has become his bodyguard — mirroring a storyline that played out with Tony Stark back when “Iron Man” first launched — and so Spider-Man’s logo is on shirts, posters, toys, games and more all over the world.

Adding another wrinkle? It’s not the traditional red and blue costume of old. The new suit Ross designed has some tech secrets inside of it, beyond the glowing logo.

“The things this suit will be able to do and the innovations that Peter Parker has put into it will be astounding,” Slott noted, “and when you want to take something to the next level, you go, and make it look real, you go, ’hey Alex Ross, take your best shot.’ ”

While Ross tackled the new Spider-Suit, Giuseppe Camuncoli handled the new Spider-Mobile design, which editor Nick Lowe revealed, “you see it in the very first issue driving around the streets of Shanghai.”

Where the previous version was a goofy ’70s addition to Spider-Man’s mythos, this one is story driven (no pun intended).

“He’s operating with Parker industries in not just New York, but also Shanghai and San Francisco and London,” Slott said. “He’s going to be a far more global Spider-Man, and with that is going to come all new global threats. Things that will really test Spider-Man like never before.”

While spider-themed heroes like Miles Morales, Spider-Woman and more will be taking on Peter’s rogues gallery back in New York, Spider-Man’s new global scale means he’s taking on new enemies… But he won’t be tackling them alone.

“So, the Spider-Mobile,” Slott continued, “it’s a two-seater.”
SMobile-FINAL-mtv
Marvel

That means new allies, sure, but true to Spider-Man form, it also means romantic complications.

“One of the things I always loved was there was always a triangle,” Slott said. “There’s all these characters who are vying for Pete’s attention and I think you’re going to get back to that. You’re going to see all kinds of different characters we know and care about.”

Speaking of caring, fans who were excited about the announcement that Miles Morales was “the” Spider-Man when Marvel dropped the news this past week, shouldn’t worry that Parker’s return pushes the popular young Spider-Man to the wayside.

“What you’re going to get from Miles is you’re going to get classic Spider-Man,” Slott noted. “A teenager in high school having problems and trying to deal with things.

“And when you’re reading Peter Parker ’Amazing Spider-Man,’ you’re going to get the Spider-Man you’ve been reading about since 1962 going to all new levels. Can he do the street stuff? Sure, but he can do that times ten. It’s everything you know, everything you care about, amped up to a level you’ve never seen before.

“It’s not just this guy is Spider-Man, or that guy is a Spider-Man. Peter Parker isn’t just the greatest [Spider-Man]… We’re out to make him the world’s greatest superhero.”

http://www.mtv.com/news/2199978/amazing-spider-man-marvel-dan-slott/?utm=share_twitter

iabC7-9YUG4

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-30-2015, 11:18 AM
Is... is this even real? :teek:

Candy Kappa
06-30-2015, 12:24 PM
Where's the Leopardon?

snake
06-30-2015, 01:28 PM
"Fan Favorite Dan Slott!"

[citation needed]

Yeah. What the f*ck is this. Not Spider-Man. Spider-Man is about a middle class kid who's down on his luck. I guarantee Peter is going to be an asshole in this.

Candy Kappa
06-30-2015, 01:34 PM
I guess that's what Miles is going to be about, while Peter is being the adult Iron Man-lite. Could be interesting, if not, at least something new then high-school/college student Peter.

BabyTurtles
06-30-2015, 01:48 PM
"Fan Favorite Dan Slott!"

[citation needed]

Yeah. What the f*ck is this. Not Spider-Man. Spider-Man is about a middle class kid who's down on his luck. I guarantee Peter is going to be an asshole in this.

That's exactly what Miles is.

and Pete is no kid anymore....and he can't stay a teen forever..

ZariusTwo
06-30-2015, 03:48 PM

Apparently he and his supporting cast can't stay likeable forever either, as the last eight years worth of character assassinations have proven.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if this was deliberate on Marvel's end so people rally behind Miles and ultimately Miles has to take a more corrupt corporate Peter down. Student/Teacher storylines in all manners of fiction usually end up that way.

At least the "classic" Peter Parker still exists in the daily strip.

snake
06-30-2015, 05:34 PM

He's about 28 pre secret wars, right? In the Marvel Now hulk book Maria Hill says that Civil War happened about 11 months ago, so time obviously passes slower.

BabyTurtles
06-30-2015, 06:03 PM
Apparently he and his supporting cast can't stay likeable forever either, as the last eight years worth of character assassinations have proven.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if this was deliberate on Marvel's end so people rally behind Miles and ultimately Miles has to take a more corrupt corporate Peter down. Student/Teacher storylines in all manners of fiction usually end up that way.

At least the "classic" Peter Parker still exists in the daily strip.

I don't think they'd make Peter evil......

still....not loving the playboy vibes....can't he just be with MJ and start a family or something? and work on his family and company?

NinjaPug
07-01-2015, 06:36 PM
Goodness, I really despise Dan Slott's work on Spider-Man.

What a great idea to turn Peter into Tony Stark. Sigh.

MsMarvelDuckie
07-01-2015, 10:38 PM
There's just so much here to- dislike.

ZariusTwo
07-02-2015, 09:57 AM
Dan Slott argues with John Byrne (http://www.byrnerobotics.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=48945&PN=1&TPN=1)

MikeandRaph87
07-02-2015, 10:26 AM
Wait...so he is not married or have a family in the re-relaunch? I thought all along Renew Your Vows was just a tease to the majority of the fan base who wanted the marriage restored. Still I let my hopes get up thinking Marvel would actually do something right with Spider-Man. *sigh* I do not think I will continue on pulling ASM with the latest relaunch.

ZariusTwo
07-02-2015, 12:06 PM
Wait...so he is not married or have a family in the re-relaunch? I thought all along Renew Your Vows was just a tease to the majority of the fan base who wanted the marriage restored. Still I let my hopes get up thinking Marvel would actually do something right with Spider-Man. *sigh* I do not think I will continue on pulling ASM with the latest relaunch.

Slott said "elements" would carry over from RYV, evidently he did not mean the marriage would. It's becoming pretty evident that one of the elements are weapons Peter develops in that story to protect Annie from The Regent, like the Spider-Inhibitors.

Shred Head
07-02-2015, 01:39 PM
Dan Slott argues with John Byrne (http://www.byrnerobotics.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=48945&PN=1&TPN=1)

The two worst and most notorious Spider-Man writers arguing over what makes a good Spider-Man story. Oh that's so rich its got to be fattening.

Candy Kappa
07-02-2015, 02:41 PM
Seems rather stupid removing the marriage. Especially when we got both a teenage Spider-Man and an adult Spider-Man.

MsMarvelDuckie
07-02-2015, 06:08 PM
Gee, good thing I didn't get my hopes up..... :trolleye: Guess I'm done with spidey now. These twits can't get their heads out of their posteriors long enough to realize that their "great ideas" are killing the franchise.

ZariusTwo
07-12-2015, 04:28 PM
News from comic con:

-A cockier Peter Parker to go with his buisness
-For people who want a “younger” Peter Parker, there is an all-ages prequel book coming called simply “Spidey”
-MJ will be in a “fun and different place”, that does’nt look like it will be at Peter’s side (in the regular books anyway, she’ll remain his wife in the newspaper strip)
-Harry and Norman will be back
-Joe Kelly is writing a new Spidey/Deadpool series

Shred Head
07-13-2015, 06:18 AM
Was it confirmed that the Spider-Man Deadpool book is a mini or ongoing. No panel coverage I read made it clear. Either way I'm excited love Joe Kelly's Deadpool I must have picked up that Omnibus and reread it ten times since getting it. To bad it has to be saddled with Peter Parker the sad sack that Dan Slott has made him into is not fun to read at all.

As for Mary Jane I am convinced she will be either be the Red Head Bendis spoke about on Iron Man or she's in Miles maybe she is Miles legal guardian on 616 earth. I mean he is a teenager and if his whole world is dead that means his parents are to then he will still need an adult. Maybe that is the element from renew your vows MJ being a mom just not the way people wanted.

ZariusTwo
07-25-2015, 05:41 AM
So some preview pages have come out for the all-ages in-continuity prequel comic "Spidey" and it seems Marvel will be tweeking the origin story again following Secret Wars. There are new designs for Peter's wrestling outfit and Crusher Hogan, Peter now watches the Burgler escape the cops outside in an alleyway rather than in the corridor of a building, and he's present when Uncle Ben is shot too in what appears to be a homage to the death scene from the first Sam Raimi movie (a nod to Sony for allowing Spidey to be used in the MCU perhaps?)

Also, The White Rabbit has been retconned to have been part of the Lee/Ditko era

Galactus
07-26-2015, 04:11 PM
So some preview pages have come out for the all-ages in-continuity prequel comic "Spidey" and it seems Marvel will be tweeking the origin story again following Secret Wars. There are new designs for Peter's wrestling outfit and Crusher Hogan, Peter now watches the Burgler escape the cops outside in an alleyway rather than in the corridor of a building, and he's present when Uncle Ben is shot too in what appears to be a homage to the death scene from the first Sam Raimi movie (a nod to Sony for allowing Spidey to be used in the MCU perhaps?)

Also, The White Rabbit has been retconned to have been part of the Lee/Ditko era

Meh I imagine this will be referenced in the regular book even less than Chapter One was.

ZariusTwo
08-18-2015, 10:41 AM
A preview of November's Spider-Man Solits, revealing that Peter now uses the Baxter Building as his New York-based headquarters

http://www.newsarama.com/25587-november-s-amazing-spider-man-spider-gwen-carnage-solicitations.html

TurtleTitan97
08-18-2015, 12:39 PM
The FF just can't catch a break these days, huh?

MsMarvelDuckie
08-18-2015, 04:22 PM
*sitting in corner crying*

ZariusTwo
09-05-2015, 04:59 AM
Sneek peek at All-New Amazing Spider-Man

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11124/111242198/4785877-11998430_1457651521231682_1539398650_n.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11124/111242198/4785876-11997303_1457651514565016_1179470990_n.jpg

MikeandRaph87
09-05-2015, 07:15 AM
Excuse my lack of non-Spider-Man knowledge of Marvel, but who is the blonde with him in the revamped Spider-mobile?

ZariusTwo
09-05-2015, 04:23 PM
Excuse my lack of non-Spider-Man knowledge of Marvel, but who is the blonde with him in the revamped Spider-mobile?

Supposedly Mockingbird in a new suit.

MsMarvelDuckie
09-10-2015, 08:20 PM
I'll confirm that. Definitely Mockingbird, from the looks of it. Is she still involved with Hawkeye? I can never keep track.

ZariusTwo
09-11-2015, 03:59 AM
I'll confirm that. Definitely Mockingbird, from the looks of it. Is she still involved with Hawkeye? I can never keep track.

Nah, after the Hawkeye and Mockingbird book folded, the pair of them properly divorced. Clint went on to have a brief relationship with Spider-Woman

ZariusTwo
09-11-2015, 01:14 PM
Now confirmed that MJ will be a supporting character in Iron Man (Bendis hints it won't be as a love interest)

MsMarvelDuckie
09-13-2015, 04:01 PM
Iron Spider-Woman. Calling it now. Myself and a fellow Marvel fic-writer both borrowed that suit for her. Or maybe she could be called Red Spider. Aranea? Feral had an OC who was married to Tony and he built her a special suit named Rescue, which they nicknamed Rosie. She had apparently balked at Iron Maiden.... :trazz: :tlol: :twink: :trolleye:

ZariusTwo
09-24-2015, 01:52 PM
Preview of issue two, featuring The Prowler

http://www.comicbookresources.com/comic-previews/amazing-spider-man-2-marvel-comics-2015

ZariusTwo
10-06-2015, 04:58 AM
4Chan leaked the first issue of this last night

Surprise surprise, Peter really does'nt do much as Spider-Man outside of that opening car chase in Tokyo with Mockingbird, where he uses new "Bug Zapper" webbing to electro shock some heavies from Zodiac. Peter has another Spider-Man operating in San Francisco...Hoby Brown.

Zodiac later attacks Peter when he and Hobie attends his old Horizon boss Max's wedding (where it's revealed Max is gay), Peter admits he's "terrible at weddings" so that confirms OMD/OMIT is still canon following Secret Wars. Hobie does most of the fighting as Spider-Man in this issue while Peter hands over a Webware device Zodiac are seeking, but encrypts it so they can't use it. Peter also confronts Sanjai over her dealings in the past with Felicia and The Ghost from the previous volume. The cliffhangers of the issue reveal that Doctor Octopus is alive and that he now possesses The Living Brain. Another big cliffhanger is that the Regent, the main villian of the pro-marriage story Renew Your Vows, has made his way over to the main Marvel Universe

The issue was a big fat "eh" for me. Full of Slott's usual sillyness. Peter still acts like a quip-a-minute man-child.

ZariusTwo
01-07-2016, 04:28 AM
Ok, so the first full arc is done and we're back to using BND era villains for the next storyline. That's right, Mr. Negative is back, and Cloak and Dagger are evil now. and their powers are still switched around, a plot point from several years back. I think they were inverted by Negative during Conway's "Spiral" story but I can't be too sure.

Anyhoo, it's been a tad unremarkable. Peter is now mixing buisness with pleasure by dating the Asian chick who designed the Spider-Mobile. In time-tested Slottian fashion, she's the only other person who can drive it besides Peter. What a special snowflake:roll:

Peter's range of web catridges are also getting ludicrous...quick dry cement webbing. The Shark-Repellent Batspray seems more plausible.

Over in Iron Man, there's been a lot of buzz over what Bendis has done for Mary Jane. While her characterisation is still reeling a tad bit from the poison pen of the Spider-Offices, she was able to stand up for herself, kick Madame Masque's ass, and impress Tony enough to prompt him to offer her a job as his personal organizer and life coach. There's even an allusion to OMD of sorts where MJ tells Tony her soul feels like it's the end of the world.

myconius
01-28-2016, 08:58 AM
Spider-man used to be one of my favorite comics, but i had to drop it long ago due to many MANY reasons!

i tried to pick it up once they started with the "ALL-NEW" ASM #1 a while ago.
i was like 7 issues in (plus all the 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 issues wedged in there) before they announce a HUGE multi-title cross-over event, and then i dropped faster than a hot turd!

MsMarvelDuckie
01-28-2016, 12:35 PM
I see the ghost of Joephisto still haunts the Spider-books.... Well, at least M-J is getting something (semi) positive out of this.

myconius
01-28-2016, 12:40 PM
Spider-Man's most EVIL arch-nemesis.... Joe Quesada!!!!!

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

MsMarvelDuckie
01-30-2016, 04:44 PM
Yup. That's about right.

ZariusTwo
02-07-2016, 04:27 AM
Mary Jane returns to ASM in May in a massive Avengers/Iron Man/Spidey crossover event called "Power Play" where they all come up against Regent, the antagonist of the highly praised pro-marriage mini-series Renew Your Vows

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_medium/11113/111135706/5039457-1605812253-14548.jpg

Remember when Bendis said in his interview promoting MJ's debut in Iron Man that the Spider-Office had "no plans" for her? Yeah, that was balderdash wasn't it? This was always going to happen...at least they're going to address the issue of why MJ can do all these amazing things and NOT be with Peter...for the time being anyway. Plus it's all to get them cosy with each other before Civil War II splits them apart again just as the first one did.

We're close to the 30th anniversary of the Spider-Marriage and 10th anniversary of OMD, so I think they're deliberately planting seeds for something bigger to come

myconius
02-07-2016, 10:24 AM
We're close to the 30th anniversary of the Spider-Marriage and 10th anniversary of OMD, so I think they're deliberately planting seeds for something bigger to come

i think i MAY know what they have in mind? they plan to cover Joe Quesada in honey and catapult him into a vat of novelty store rubber dog poo! :twink:

ZariusTwo
02-07-2016, 10:48 AM
i think i MAY know what they have in mind? they plan to cover Joe Quesada in honey and catapult him into a vat of novelty store rubber dog poo! :twink:

Why settle for the novelty?:lol:

myconius
02-07-2016, 01:40 PM
Why settle for the novelty?:lol:

you bring up an excellent point there!!!! :D

ZariusTwo
03-18-2016, 10:06 AM
Mary Jane is the new Iron Spider

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/03/18/amazing-spider-man-brings-us-iron-jane-in-june-announced-at-c2e2/

MsMarvelDuckie
03-20-2016, 07:31 PM
Called it! Nope, never saw THAT one coming- not AT ALL..... :trolleye:

myconius
03-20-2016, 08:17 PM
i haven't kept up with ASM for a long while.
does MJ have Spider-Powers now?

DarkFell
03-20-2016, 09:13 PM
I've been out of the Marvel Comics loop for years, however, the following women could be used since they once donned their own Spider-Woman costumes in the previous Spider-Man comics. All Marvel has to do is just revive the characters (if they haven't done so by now.)

Jessica Drew - 1st Spider-Woman
Jessica Carpenter Cornwall - 2nd Spider-Woman / Arachne
Martha "Mattie" Franklin - 3rd Spider-Woman

Plus a Spider-Girl.

Anya Corazon - 2nd Spider-Girl (Since Mayday will probably be left out, even though she was the 1st Spider-Girl.)

With all of that typed up, I don't see why Mary Jane has to be the next Iron Spider candidate.

http://marvel.wikia.com/

I guess I can rely on both Osborn's donning their Goblin threads, lest Stormin' Norman also takes up the Iron Patriot armor.

myconius
03-20-2016, 09:46 PM
wait??? Norman and Harry Osborn are back from the dead???? :o

DarkFell
03-20-2016, 09:55 PM
News from comic con:

-A cockier Peter Parker to go with his buisness
-For people who want a “younger” Peter Parker, there is an all-ages prequel book coming called simply “Spidey”
-MJ will be in a “fun and different place”, that does’nt look like it will be at Peter’s side (in the regular books anyway, she’ll remain his wife in the newspaper strip)
-Harry and Norman will be back
-Joe Kelly is writing a new Spidey/Deadpool series
It seems like that is going to happen.

myconius
03-20-2016, 10:08 PM
WOW!!! :o

there's no way in hell it'll find it's way back onto my pull-list, but still... WOW!!!

TurtleTitan97
03-20-2016, 10:40 PM
Mary Jane is the new Iron Spider

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/03/18/amazing-spider-man-brings-us-iron-jane-in-june-announced-at-c2e2/

Really Marvel? Really??

This is your big plan to make Mary Jane relevant again???

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11114/111142536/4694453-0079754754-13662.png

ZariusTwo
03-21-2016, 04:20 AM

When was the last time you read Spider-Man? Norman's been back for twenty years, and Harry came back nine years ago.

Mary Jane briefly had spider-powers in 2011 (along with most of New York), but was cured of them, she now works for Tony Stark, who's tech enabled Peter to build the original Iron Spider suit back in 2006.

I've been out of the Marvel Comics loop for years, however, the following women could be used since they once donned their own Spider-Woman costumes in the previous Spider-Man comics. All Marvel has to do is just revive the characters (if they haven't done so by now.)

Jessica Drew - 1st Spider-Woman
Jessica Carpenter Cornwall - 2nd Spider-Woman / Arachne
Martha "Mattie" Franklin - 3rd Spider-Woman

Plus a Spider-Girl.

Anya Corazon - 2nd Spider-Girl (Since Mayday will probably be left out, even though she was the 1st Spider-Girl.).

Jessica Drew is already back and has her own title, with a new outfit and a son to look after
Julia Carpenter is now Madame Web
Mattie Franklin was killed off in 2010
Anya is currently leader of the Web Warriors, a team of Spider-Men and Women from across the multiverse, trying to keep the Web of Life safe.
"Mayday" (at least an AU version of Mayday according to her creators) is currently lost in the multiverse

myconius
03-21-2016, 07:05 AM
When was the last time you read Spider-Man? Norman's been back for twenty years, and Harry came back nine years ago.

Mary Jane briefly had spider-powers in 2011 (along with most of New York), but was cured of them, she now works for Tony Stark, who's tech enabled Peter to build the original Iron Spider suit back in 2006.

i knew they brought Norman into the Ultimate universe, but i didn't know they also brought him back in the main continuity as well.

i stopped collecting Spiderman many years ago due to how many multi title cross-overs they kept doing. i was buying every spider-related comic marvel was putting out, but even that wasn't enough since they would also tie-in non-spider books as well.

i tried coming back after 'superior' was done and they re-launched a new #1.
but i still was pretty lost from all the loose ends that carried over from 'superior'.
the 1.1, 1.2 ASM books were a pointless cash grab and then they did spider-verse and i bailed out again.

ZariusTwo
03-21-2016, 08:01 AM
i knew they brought Norman into the Ultimate universe, but i didn't know they also brought him back in the main continuity as well.

Yeah, Norman was revealed to be the mastermind of the Clone Saga. Was that when you dropped the book? I know a lot of people bailed during that story.

ASM really only finally recovered from the Clone Saga in terms of sales around J. Micheal Strazynski's run on the book, and once he left (at the time of the wretched OMD reality retcon), the sales went down the tube until Superior boosted circulation, now sales are pretty bad again, chiefly because Peter as a billionaire is something nobody is taking to, and largely because Dan Slott's creatively spent and has hung around far too long.

Zak The Neutrino
03-21-2016, 08:18 AM
So apparently doing things that has pissed off fans so much that you get death threats now makes you a fan favorite. :lol:

I knew this title was going to get screwed over when Miles came into the main universe. I'm about done with this AMZ at this point.

myconius
03-21-2016, 09:56 AM
Yeah, Norman was revealed to be the mastermind of the Clone Saga. Was that when you dropped the book? I know a lot of people bailed during that story.

ASM really only finally recovered from the Clone Saga in terms of sales around J. Micheal Strazynski's run on the book, and once he left (at the time of the wretched OMD reality retcon), the sales went down the tube until Superior boosted circulation, now sales are pretty bad again, chiefly because Peter as a billionaire is something nobody is taking to, and largely because Dan Slott's creatively spent and has hung around far too long.

yeah, i just couldn't take that clone saga. it felt like they were more interested in seeing how many extra comics they could sucker us into buying instead of giving us a good story.

i was really tempted to try out some of stuff with Strazynski and Romita Jr but just never did.

yeah, i did not like the billionaire Peter Parker at all! and as soon as they introduced a halfway interesting character 'Silk', it seemed like they just wanted to pull her out and make another title to buy!

i completely forgot about Avenging Spiderman!
it was actually almost entertaining when it first came out, but it quickly fell into the "why am i still buying this?" category very much like DC's 'Batman Eternal'

2 of my favorite series Marvel has put out in the last 10 years have been the 'Kiss-Ass' series and the 'Samurai Legend' mini-series that Titan Comics just took over rights to.

http://www.amazon.com/Samurai-Collected-Jean-Fran%C3%A7ois-Di-Giorgio/dp/1782763376/ref=pd_sim_sbs_14_1?ie=UTF8&dpID=61cuV4rjBAL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR119%2C160_&refRID=1HN3TY3M3SKQ7RHQRKGW

that Samurai series if you haven't tried it out is actually pretty awesome!

MikeandRaph87
03-21-2016, 11:26 AM
Check out The Gauntlet and New Ways To Die storylines of the OMD storylines. Those are two most interesting to me of all the post-OMD stuff.

ZariusTwo
03-21-2016, 11:37 AM
Check out The Gauntlet and New Ways To Die storylines of the OMD storylines. Those are two most interesting to me of all the post-OMD stuff.

As much as I loath the Mephistoverse era stories, I concur with this. I think Gauntlet/Grim Hunt is a bit overrated, but it's pretty signficant in establishing Kane's return and reviving Kraven. New Ways to Die is a blast, a great Peter and Green Goblin battle, the début of the all too quickly forgotten Anti-Venom and his conflict with Gargan's Venom, some good Romita Jr. art, plus a very inspired Slott in the days where he actually gave a f*ck about what he was writing.

Also read Renew Your Vows, it's flawed in a lot of places, but it's a great pro-marriage story that proves family man Peter can work

ZariusTwo
03-21-2016, 12:12 PM
Gwenom!

http://www.newsarama.com/28492-retiring-robbi-rodriguez-to-say-comics-goodbye-with-gwenom.html

myconius
03-21-2016, 12:23 PM
Gwenom?!?!?!?! :o

well at least they are being fairly consistent? :lol:

TurtleTitan97
03-21-2016, 03:06 PM
Gwenom!

http://www.newsarama.com/28492-retiring-robbi-rodriguez-to-say-comics-goodbye-with-gwenom.html

Okay, I liked the behind Spider-Gwen. I hated the idea behind Gwenpool. So you can imagine how I face palmed so hard after reading that. They literally made this up based on a pun they came up with in a freaking bar!:roll:

Okay Marvel, what's next on your list of "bright" descisions for upcoming heroes and villians?

Gwendevil?
The Gwenisher
Gulk (Gwen Hulk)?
Gwen Fist?
Captain Gwenmerica?
The Gwen Skull?
The Gwen Goblin?
Ant-Gwen???

Y'know what, I'll save you the trouble. Just create an alternate earth were the inhabitants are all Gwen! You got your Gwenvengers, The Fantastic Gwens, The G-Women, Gwens for Hire, etc! It'll sell like freaking hot cakes!!:roll:

myconius
03-21-2016, 03:50 PM
Okay, I liked the behind Spider-Gwen. I hated the idea behind Gwenpool. So you can imagine how I face palmed so hard after reading that. They literally made this up based on a pun they came up with in a freaking bar!:roll:

Okay Marvel, what's next on your list of "bright" descisions for upcoming heroes and villians?

Gwendevil?
The Gwenisher
Gulk (Gwen Hulk)?
Gwen Fist?
Captain Gwenmerica?
The Gwen Skull?
The Gwen Goblin?
Ant-Gwen???

Y'know what, I'll save you the trouble. Just create an alternate earth were the inhabitants are all Gwen! You got your Gwenvengers, The Fantastic Gwens, The G-Women, Gwens for Hire, etc! It'll sell like freaking hot cakes!!:roll:

Gwenvengers assemble!!!!!! PERFECT!!!! :lol:

CyberCubed
03-22-2016, 02:11 AM
Marvel and DC need to be shut down.

Shark_Blade
03-22-2016, 03:54 AM
So much bullcrap in this...

Spiderman in a spidermobile? Peter Parker now a playboy businessman with babes clinging on him? Wtf?

Bye bye everything I love Spiderman for, hello trashy and pointless new elements? So be it, walk away.

myconius
03-22-2016, 05:25 AM

are you currently buying any comic series?

ZariusTwo
03-22-2016, 06:40 AM
I'm of the opinion Peter's story ended ages ago...and not when reality was rewritten in OMD either. This goes back all the way to 1998 when Spider-Girl launched and they tried that "Chapter One" reboot s*it under Byrne which didn't take. Spider-Girl wrapped the story up so well that I've just come to accept it as how the "real" canon ended.

myconius
03-22-2016, 07:26 AM
when i first stopped reading current issues of Spiderman during all the clone saga stuff, i hunted down reprints of the very first stories in the Marvel Masterworks.

the writing may be a bit dated by today's standards and some of the dialog can be 2 dimensional, but i just love the look of the first appearances of the characters!

the classics really had such a charm to them! :)

i sometimes forget that he used to have webbing under his arms?

it was cool when McFarlane brought the under-arm webbing back for a while, but it quickly got ditched again.

Zak The Neutrino
03-22-2016, 11:35 AM
I really enjoyed the Spiderverse arc but other than that I really haven't enjoyed a story line in the last 7 or 8 years. I don't know why I still buy it.

myconius
03-22-2016, 11:42 AM
I really enjoyed the Spiderverse arc but other than that I really haven't enjoyed a story line in the last 7 or 8 years. I don't know why I still buy it.

i'm the same way with Detective Comics.
it almost feels like if you drop it you might miss out on something good?
but then absolutely NOTHING good ever happens.

this was one of the most entertaining stories i've read in a while

http://www.comicbookresources.com/comic-previews/samurai-omnibus-titan-comics-2015

CyberCubed
03-22-2016, 11:44 AM
I've tried many times to get into DC and Marvel but then just stopped. You're better off only buying the very select best stories and making your own "canon universe" based on what YOU want and not what these industry pinheads tell you.

I think at least 50% of the current comic writers in the industry need to be fired and most of DC and Marvel needs to be shut down.

myconius
03-22-2016, 12:08 PM
I've tried many times to get into DC and Marvel but then just stopped. You're better off only buying the very select best stories and making your own "canon universe" based on what YOU want and not what these industry pinheads tell you.

I think at least 50% of the current comic writers in the industry need to be fired and most of DC and Marvel needs to be shut down.

yeah, there's only a very select list of graphic novels that are actually worth reading/owning.

i was lucky to have a local comic shop that had an extensive inventory of hardcovers and TPB books on-hand.

that shop closed over a year ago so now i'm more hesitant to buy new books just from on-line reviews alone.

a lot of reviewers seem to be getting paid off to give some of the scores that they do?

ZariusTwo
03-22-2016, 12:36 PM

Spider-Verse has it's moments...the main story wasn't the best, but all the spin-off material was entertaining enough, like that Scarlet Spiders series and Spider-Woman.

I kind of liked how Slott's hands were tied with dealing with the newspaper strip universe because it had to keep doing it's own thing and couldn't be involved with the event overall, so Slott put it in a pocket universe well out of the way of that and Secret Wars. It was a great touch because the daily strip is virtually the only Spidey comic I consistently read and enjoy, and one of the few places left where Peter and MJ are still married, so seeing it protected made me smile.

ZariusTwo
03-30-2016, 01:35 PM
Interview with Slott on the "Power Play" and "Dead No More" events

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/spider-mandate-slott-promises-massive-seismic-shift-in-spideys-world

DarkFell
03-30-2016, 01:49 PM
Jessica Drew is already back and has her own title, with a new outfit and a son to look after
Julia Carpenter is now Madame Web
Mattie Franklin was killed off in 2010
Anya is currently leader of the Web Warriors, a team of Spider-Men and Women from across the multiverse, trying to keep the Web of Life safe.
"Mayday" (at least an AU version of Mayday according to her creators) is currently lost in the multiverse
Thanks for letting me know. I wasn't totally sure if the Wiki source link I looked at was a credible source or not. :/

ZariusTwo
04-27-2016, 10:15 AM
This has'nt been Slott's week, first he got reprimanded by the office for chiming in on the DC sex scandal, now one of ASM's more relentless online critics, Douglas Ernst, has made it to the Hugo award shortlist for 'best fan writer'

http://midamericon2.org/home/hugo-awards-and-wsfs/2016-hugo-finalists/

Doug and I have been friends for about two years now, so I'm feeling very proud.

ToTheNines
04-28-2016, 06:23 PM
Ha, what'd Slott have to say about that?

ZariusTwo
04-29-2016, 02:36 AM
Ha, what'd Slott have to say about that?

Don't think he's reacted all too much.

Anyhoo, previews for next week's Avengers/Iron Man/Spidey crossover event "Power Play" came out yesterday...ugh, after the good will of Renew Your Vows, Slott's back to flushing it all down the toilet again, having Peter cave under pressure at a dinner speech when he sees MJ with Tony...once upon a time this woman could enhance his resolve so much he could punch out of a grave. Now the demonic influence in control of both of them and this reality just continues to piss all over their lasting legacies to a more ignorant generation.

Thank god for the daily strip is all I can say.

ToTheNines
04-29-2016, 02:54 PM
Oh, I meant what were his comments that got him reprimanded by Marvel?

Etsyturtle2
04-29-2016, 03:09 PM

So does your computer.

ZariusTwo
04-30-2016, 02:05 AM
Oh, I meant what were his comments that got him reprimanded by Marvel?

He was basically trying to argue about journalistic integrity when it came to the allegations made to the Superman editor. Brevoort had to comment publicly and tell him to stop it, rather than PM him.

ZariusTwo
05-06-2016, 04:11 AM
Looks like the pro-marriage newspaper strip universe is back from it's pocket dimension safe zone and is again a part of the Marvel Multiverse

ZariusTwo
05-25-2016, 07:31 AM
Well in today's Spider-Man/Deadpool, we got a very interesting development

After Wade kills Peter, Mysterio "souljacks" Peter in limbo and tortures him with the likes of Gwen, Ben, and Doc Ock...until Wade comes in and blows the phantoms away with a shotgun. Peter and Wade beat the tar out of Mysterio, but before Peter awakens, he receives a visit from MEPHISTO, who actually remembers the deal they made in OMD (essentially retconning OMIT). Peter has no memory of Mephisto however. Mephisto tells Peter no matter what side of the fence he falls on in the coming days (possibly referring to Civil War II) no matter how much he triumphs, he will feel nothing but emptiness

Then it's revealed that The Chamelion is impersonating Peter over at Parker Industries

DarkFell
05-25-2016, 08:06 AM
It has been quite a long time since I bought a Marvel comic.
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/marveldatabase/images/c/c8/The_Spectacular_Spider-Man_Vol_2_27.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20090904223701://
This probably has to be one of the few issues that I actually enjoyed and didn't regret buying.

MikeandRaph87
12-29-2016, 06:28 PM
I saw Doctor Octopus on the cover on the latest Spider-Man. The last I knew his consciousness was housed in The Living Brain that Ock made into his assistant when possessing Peter. How did the good doctor come back?

ZariusTwo
12-30-2016, 03:00 AM
I saw Doctor Octopus on the cover on the latest Spider-Man. The last I knew his consciousness was housed in The Living Brain that Ock made into his assistant when possessing Peter. How did the good doctor come back?

Ock went on the rampage at Parker Industries as the Living Brain and the Brain was destroyed, but he stored his consciousness in an Octo-bot and learned about New U's resources. With the aid of the A.I version of Anna Maria he was able to transfer his consciousness into a new cloned body. Now he's helping Ben Reily with his current plans to restore everyone lost to Spider-Man over the years to life.

MikeandRaph87
12-30-2016, 09:45 AM
When you say 'went on a rampage' you mean scheming to do evil? It makes it odd that he is helping resurrect people being a bad guy and all. Perhaps its the twisted nobility that Peter instilled in him once he took Peter's life.

ZariusTwo
12-30-2016, 12:29 PM
When you say 'went on a rampage' you mean scheming to do evil?

No, I meant he went on a rampage as the Living Brain

MikeandRaph87
12-30-2016, 12:36 PM
No, I meant he went on a rampage as the Living Brain

The bottom-line is he is back to his old self physically even if a clone and is good now.

ZariusTwo
12-30-2016, 03:06 PM
The bottom-line is he is back to his old self physically even if a clone and is good now.

He is'nt good. He still wants to kill Peter.

MikeandRaph87
12-30-2016, 03:19 PM
He is'nt good. He still wants to kill Peter.

Then why help resurrect Gwen, Ben, Captain Stacey and others?

ZariusTwo
12-31-2016, 03:22 AM
Then why help resurrect Gwen, Ben, Captain Stacey and others?

Doc's motivations are entirely selfish, "You scratch my back" etc. He's getting something out of it.

He's not just helped revive the Stacys or Mattie or other heroic characters, he's had no problem reviving villains too, and all of them went after Peter.

Coola Yagami
01-25-2017, 06:51 PM
What sucks is that there went any character development as the superior spiderman if the doc is back to being evil again. I know they couldn't keep one of spidey's greatest villains dead for good or bring him back as a good guy due to fan backlash... but still what a damn waste.

ZariusTwo
02-14-2017, 01:04 PM
New Spectacular Spider-Man ongoing coming in June from Chip Zdarsky and Adam Kubert, with a heavy emphasis on the classic core supporting cast, and they'll be a new love interest, Rebbeca London (already reserving a place for her next to Carlie Cooper and Cissy Underwood in the inevitable "Not MJ, not interested" catergory)

http://ew.com/books/2017/02/14/chip-zdarsky-peter-parker-spectacular-spider-man/

ZariusTwo
02-16-2017, 12:04 PM
Ben Reily's classic Scarlet Spider costume will make a comeback after the initial arc of his ongoing

http://www.newsarama.com/33185-scarlet-spider-going-back-to-classic-costume.html

...While Eddie Brock will regain control of the Venom symbiote for the long-term

http://www.newsarama.com/33197-venom-150-brings-back-eddie-brock-legacy-numbering.html

ZariusTwo
03-05-2017, 01:56 PM
Slott hints Peter will have new job oppertunities soon as well as hints Ned Leeds could be resurfacing, Joe Kelly talks about using Mephisto and whether or not that will develop further, Hopeless talks about Spider-Woman ending

http://www.cbr.com/eccc-marvel-spider-man-his-amazing-friends-panel/

ZariusTwo
03-26-2017, 03:34 AM
SJHjSMbzjzg