PDA

View Full Version : 10 things regarding first film- rizzo the rat shoudl have had a cameo

mikey22
07-04-2015, 12:10 PM
1. the trailer.

why did they change shredders voice? did you like the one in the movie or the one from the trailer?

2. trailer again- when the sewer cap pops off that never stayed in the movie why?

3, trailer again- why did the turtles shells in the water never air? did they air that just for the 2nd movie they knew they were going to make?

4. blu ray comic-
if you bought the blu ray special you got tmnt cards a beanie and a comic about the first movie. the comic has great detail regarding michaelangelos character. the comic of the movie shows he was the one hurt most by splinter and took out his rage alone. why didnt april talk about the mikey drawing like the others? the comic also shows a different ending about the turltes being a comic and it being farfetched? why was this not in a deleted scene anywhere. they also show a part where shredder attacks the useless people in the gang? that should have been added to the movie.

5, leo and raph bath-tub
anyone else who is an older brother and says or fights their younger brother and makes them cry or hurt is what that scene reminded me of. when leo sits there and is like "wow i caused this by kickin him out.. never again will this happen."

6. mikey blindfold- i never noticed that until today. mike wears the blindfold and wants all the turtles to fight him! i loved that he kicked leo down for fun!

7. april- somewhere i read kids in focus groups didnt like april? what was wrong w/ her? she paid tribute to the cartoon in the beginning w/ the yellow jacket. she was a regular woman.. paige turco was a crying dirty dave in the 3rd movie "when are we gunna go home! i wanna go home! wah wah wah? this april was good fun for everyone! stupid kids not wanting her

8. the music- how great was the music in this movie? OMG it makes the movie 10x better in my opinion.

9. the jim henson effect?

why didnt RIZZO THE RAT HAVE A CAMEO! that would have been awesome when they were baby turtles?

10. cagney.

the whole dirty rat you killed my brotha!

do you think that was meant to stay in the movie because of oroku nagi? the older brother of shredder???? but since they cut out some of the origin they could have got rid of that joke.

Autbot_Benz
07-04-2015, 12:16 PM
http://i61.tinypic.com/2vs3v4n.jpg

Powder
07-04-2015, 12:21 PM
1. They wanted something more evil to go with the whole Darth Vader vibe.

2. Some things are just fluff for trailers.

3. Some things are just fluff for trailers.

(To be speculative, perhaps their arrival home after saving april was going to show their journey to the lair in more detail, which I guess would have been cut in lieu of more significant things.)

4. The comic was an adaption of the original script. All of those moments were shot & filmed but ultimately cut out. Some for time, some for being too violent, others for taking the tone in a different direction. Most of these scenes' footage is on Youtube.

5. I'm sure the staff would be proud you understood that was a brothehood moment. :tlol:

6. Okay.

7. I don't think I've encountered that tidbit personally but if I had to guess it would be because little boys typically don't care much for female characters, & dislike any who detract from their favorites (i.e. the turtles).

8. It's an amazing score, no doubt about it.

9. Because that would be stupid as hell.

10. Word, the pop culture references throughout TMNT history are a big part of the series' charm. Goes to show they're just regular kids enjoying the same media we do. Humanizes them, makes them more relatable. As for that Cagney line being a reference to Oroku Nagi, no way, yo.

d_osborn
07-04-2015, 01:16 PM
1. the trailer.

why did they change shredders voice? did you like the one in the movie or the one from the trailer?
Shredder's dialog was redubbed, along with the TMNT and Tatsu. I'm not sure if this was planned from the beginning. The trailer was a temp track.

2. trailer again- when the sewer cap pops off that never stayed in the movie why?

3, trailer again- why did the turtles shells in the water never air? did they air that just for the 2nd movie they knew they were going to make?
Both of these shots are from an alternate intro to the movie. I'm pretty sure there are script page scans somewhere on the forum.

The manhole cover bit was from a tracking shot at the VERY beginning. Our first look into the sewer. The shells/water shot was the TMNT popping up before April gets mugged. I'm guess it was cut for pacing.

6. mikey blindfold- i never noticed that until today. mike wears the blindfold and wants all the turtles to fight him! i loved that he kicked leo down for fun!

Another deleted bit. The TMNT's final lesson on the farm. They all learned to fight blindfolded, I guess. Not just Mikey.