PDA

View Full Version : Same As It Never Was

GoldMutant
07-06-2015, 10:34 AM
(I might be cancelling Legacy, to all those who signed up I'm sorry. I'd love to continue and actually do it. Just unsure on it)

So, SAINW, one of the greatest episodes in TMNT history. Dark, emotional, and willing to take risks, it's a fan favorite tragedy story. I am currently writing a 5 episode adaptation of it as well. This is set in the Nick verse, but relatively the same environment of the 2003 series. Much more brutal though.

Plot: Renet has brought the Turtles to an alternate reality. Shredder has completed the mind-control formula and taken over the city, resorting into a wasteland of slavery and power. With this reality's TMNT gone and the heroes blamed for the destruction, the Turtles of our reality must set things straight and save all.

For now, I'll use both the Leonardos and Pigeon Pete. If you would like to handle a certain character I have or want to trade off one of your multiple roles, it's perfectly fine. :)

Major characters (The Dark Turtles will be involved here. If you play a Turtle, you'll also be responsible for their dark counterpart):

Leonardo: GoldMutant (me)
Raphael: Electric
Donatello: Empress of Shadows
Michelangelo: MewMeow
Pete (lone hero in this dimension): GoldMutant (me)

Pain 101 (a group in this reality fighting the Foot):

Casey Jones: GoldMutant (for now)
Sir Malachi: Spirael
Metalhead: Lethal Lullaby

The Mighty Mutanimals (mind controlled mercenaries):
Slash: Electric
Dr. Tyler Rockwell: Lethal Lullaby
Mondo Gecko: Unworthy Tinkerer
Leatherhead: Unworthy Tinkerer

Shredder: Fang Wolf
Splinter: Lethal Lullaby
Baxter Stockman: NPC (for now)
Renet: Empress of Shadows

(April is absent except in flashbacks as well as the other mutant villains. However, anyone can play them, just Bebop and Rocksteady are absent here)

The Mutanimals and the Turtles are required as well as Renet for the beginning. All others may join down the line.

Rules (OF NATURE!!!)

1. No Godmoding (in other words, no perfect characters, and barring Baxter later on, killing others is off limits.)
2. You must be in character (don't make your characters one dimensional, play them extremely well)
3. Try to be as detailed as possible with the characters. (This is a bad future, we want the details to be good!)

Three main rules for that, but please don't break them! If you do, I will personally talk to you through PM, I just want a powerful story with you guys. :)

Lethal Lullaby
07-06-2015, 11:43 AM
I can take Dr. Tyler Rockwell, Metalhead, and Splinter for now, if that's cool.

GoldMutant
07-06-2015, 11:49 AM
I can take Dr. Tyler Rockwell, Metalhead, and Splinter for now, if that's cool.

Yep, you're added LL. :)

Ceres
07-06-2015, 11:52 AM
I think i will take over Renet :)

GoldMutant
07-06-2015, 11:57 AM
I think i will take over Renet :)

Welcome aboard then. :)

Electric
07-06-2015, 05:49 PM
Slash and Raphael?

GoldMutant
07-06-2015, 05:50 PM
Slash and Raphael?

Added mate!!! :)

Fang Wolf
07-06-2015, 05:53 PM
Add me as Shredder.

GoldMutant
07-06-2015, 05:57 PM
Add me as Shredder.

Added! :)

GoldMutant
07-07-2015, 10:35 AM
Alright, if we can get our remaining Turtles and Mutanimals, we should be able to begin. Baxter, Malachi, and Casey are not needed for now, we can fill them in later.

Ceres
07-07-2015, 01:10 PM
i will take on Donatello too.

GoldMutant
07-07-2015, 01:12 PM
i will take on Donatello too.

Very well then, you are added once more. :)

Unworthy tinker
08-03-2015, 11:37 PM
If you still plan on doing this I can be Mondo and Leatherhead if you'd like.

Mew
08-03-2015, 11:55 PM
Can I be Mike?
:mango:

GoldMutant
08-05-2015, 02:39 PM
Probably should have updated this earlier as I was discussing it a while back, but UT I can put you down as Mondo, but Lethal Lullaby requested switching from Rockwell to LH.

As for you MM, sorry Spirael already asked. :( Sorry you guys, I kept forgetting to update this, laziness I guess.

I just need a Rockwell and a replacement for Casey and I'm finally set to begin.

Lethal Lullaby
08-05-2015, 02:49 PM
Well i can take Rockwell again if Unworthy really wants LH.

GoldMutant
08-05-2015, 02:52 PM
Well i can take Rockwell again if Unworthy really wants LH.

I'll give it some time to sort this out amica. :) I'm not in too big of a rush so I'll contact UT. Hopefully we're closing in on the end.

Spirael
08-05-2015, 03:16 PM
I can surrender Mikey to MM, but I'd rather not pick up Casey as well as Sir Malachi or I suspect I may end up doing a lot of talking to myself. ;)

Mew
08-05-2015, 04:43 PM
I can surrender Mikey to MM, but I'd rather not pick up Casey as well as Sir Malachi or I suspect I may end up doing a lot of talking to myself. ;)
Thanks!
:tparty:

Unworthy tinker
08-05-2015, 09:23 PM
I don't mind trading off characters with Lethal.

GoldMutant
08-17-2015, 12:50 PM
Well, since we got the roster finally sorted out plus rules, I think it's time to start. :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMaQ7Nqi6nU

Allow me to be the one to set the stage with the intro as a narrator (as Morgan Freeman! :lol:):

Time travel, a mystical element to see the past to see where you screw up, the present you live, and the future you will prepare for. What if though one day, it went into a horrible accident, leaving you trapped in a realm you've never seen before? Unfortunately for the four famous heroes in a halfshell, that incident occurred, with an experience they will never forget and will chill them up the spine.

Traveling through newer lands with the young time sorceress Renet Tilley, Leonardo, Raphael, Donatello, and Michelangelo have encountered newer obstacles unlike anything they've ever seen. However, this will be one obstacle of a desperate struggle to fight...

Landing from a portal above the sky, the Turtles and Renet fall from the sky and heading for the ground, battered from the adventures.

Ceres
08-17-2015, 12:59 PM
(heh, good intro :D)

Renet was rubbing her aching neck as she struggled to get up. She hated to crush to the ground like that always when she uses this forsaken time-scepter. She turned around to make sure her friends were alright.

"Are you guys alright? Anybody hurt?" she asked, helping up Donatello who was still a little bit dizzy after their crush.

"I am fine i guess" replied Donatello and slowly regained back his balance skills.

GoldMutant
08-17-2015, 01:11 PM
(Thank you amica. :))

Slowly recovering from his fall, Leonardo is somewhat loopy. He's able to wake up though from the crash, just a bit strained. Regaining his composure, he finally speaks.

"A bit beaten, but I've been through tons worse. Donnie, check up on Mikey and Raph, see if they're okay. They're just as tough as us, I doubt they got too injured."

Leo then turns to the time sorceress, confused on where they landed following the crashing. Even if the time scepter has a mind of it's own at times, it shouldn't have placed them in a dangerous area like the skies, possibly injuring several others and risking putting their identities at stake.

"Renet, are you sure you're okay? That scepter seemed to have taken just as much a beating on us as it did yourself, don't want to risk getting anyone in even more danger. Wait a minute, are we back in New York?"

Ceres
08-18-2015, 03:38 AM
(Thank you amica. :))

Slowly recovering from his fall, Leonardo is somewhat loopy. He's able to wake up though from the crash, just a bit strained. Regaining his composure, he finally speaks.

"A bit beaten, but I've been through tons worse. Donnie, check up on Mikey and Raph, see if they're okay. They're just as tough as us, I doubt they got too injured."

Leo then turns to the time sorceress, confused on where they landed following the crashing. Even if the time scepter has a mind of it's own at times, it shouldn't have placed them in a dangerous area like the skies, possibly injuring several others and risking putting their identities at stake.

"Renet, are you sure you're okay? That scepter seemed to have taken just as much a beating on us as it did yourself, don't want to risk getting anyone in even more danger. Wait a minute, are we back in New York?"

"Roger that!" Donatello said and walked up to his other brothers who were still unconcious on the ground.

Renet in the meanwhile tried to comprehend where they could be and looked around herself gulping in slightly panic.

"Uhm i think we are indeed in New York, albeit a very different one as you all knew." she looked at the time-scepter deep in thoughts as suddenly a weird vibration went through the scepter making Renet flinch.

Her eyes popped out of her holes as she suddenly realized where they were.

"Oh no...this is not good. Totally not good at all!!!!!" jumping up from the ground in panic Renet tried to figure out how this could happened.

"I am afraid we're in an alternate universe and much i hate to say it...it's not a good one..." her voice was rather shaky.

Mew
08-18-2015, 07:37 AM
"Uuuggghh! What happened, dudes?", Michelangelo asked while laying on the ground in pain.
He perked up and looked around.
"W..where are w..we?", the youngest Turtle asked, standing up and regaining his balance.
"Last thing I knew, we were crashing down the Time Portal! I called it that because it took us through time, and it's a portal.", Mikey explained.

Michelangelo walked up to Donatello, ready to ask a "serious" question, at least in his mind.

"Donnie!", Mikey yelled, Is there pizza in this time-demention thingy-ma-bob?

Ceres
08-18-2015, 08:28 AM
"Uuuggghh! What happened, dudes?", Michelangelo asked while laying on the ground in pain.
He perked up and looked around.
"W..where are w..we?", the youngest Turtle asked, standing up and regaining his balance.
"Last thing I knew, we were crashing down the Time Portal! I called it that because it took us through time, and it's a portal.", Mikey explained.

Michelangelo walked up to Donatello, ready to ask a "serious" question, at least in his mind.

"Donnie!", Mikey yelled, Is there pizza in this time-demention thingy-ma-bob?

Donatello who was used to Michelangelos really unfitting questions in certain times ignored his younger brothers question and helped Raphael to sit up straight.

"Well it seems we got us into a fine mess guys." he stated, deadpan expression on his face.

Electric
08-18-2015, 05:26 PM
Raph was already standing up when Donnie came over to him. He shrugged him off, before cracking his neck. "What? We're in some 'bad' alternate New York?" He said, getting angry. Any time Renet got involved, they always ended up somewhere bad "well ya better have a way to get us out of here."

Ceres
08-19-2015, 01:46 AM
Renet had to admit that she really botched it up again, something which made the young time-traveller rather sad.

"I am sorry guys...i really didn't meant to bring you here..." she said, staring at the ground.

Donatello patted her shoulder and tried to cheer her up.

"It's okay, don't make yourself such troubled thoughts, we are all alive so far and that's the most important thing." he glared over to Raphael who shrugged him off before.

"Good to see you still kicking Raph..."

GoldMutant
08-23-2015, 10:03 PM
Due to Electric now on hiatus, I feel it's only fair we put this RPG on hold until he can return. Although I have no problem replacing his characters temporary, I don't feel it's right in my heart to do that. We'll hopefully resume soon, I hope. Until then, see you guys soon... :(

-GM