PDA

View Full Version : How come this series is so awesome? (4kidz Rant/Appreciation)

Mew
07-06-2015, 09:11 PM
I'm talking about the quality. This show is so good! Seeing how 4Kidz got their hands on One Piece, Sonic X, ect., and made them horrible, how come this came out so good? I think it has something to do with One Piece being more mature, but Insane in the Membrane even got banned! If they thought that was okay for kids, why did One Piece come off so stupid and childish? Of corse the writing on TMNT is awesome, so why didn't they "edit" their animes better?

Cure
07-06-2015, 09:58 PM
Mirage Studios was different than the licensing group of 4Kids. Completely different groups of people and whatnot.

CyberCubed
07-07-2015, 12:37 AM
Completely different people were working on the TMNT cartoon compared to the ones hacking anime and making dubs.

Just because the same company produces everything doesn't mean all the individual producers/show runners/writers are the same.

Prowler
07-07-2015, 08:46 AM
4Kids didn't make One Piece and Sonic X, unlike TMNT. and people who dubbed those anime weren't the same who wrote the TMNT cartoon.

PartyWolf
09-22-2015, 07:06 PM
I'm talking about the quality. This show is so good! Seeing how 4Kidz got their hands on One Piece, Sonic X, ect., and made them horrible, how come this came out so good? I think it has something to do with One Piece being more mature, but Insane in the Membrane even got banned! If they thought that was okay for kids, why did One Piece come off so stupid and childish? Of corse the writing on TMNT is awesome, so why didn't they "edit" their animes better?

Totally agree Mew - this is still one of my favourite TMNT series. I really liked the more mature version of the show (while still being fun for kids), though I'll wait till my kids are a bit older before they get to see it.

Mew
09-23-2015, 03:11 PM
Totally agree Mew - this is still one of my favourite TMNT series. I really liked the more mature version of the show (while still being fun for kids), though I'll wait till my kids are a bit older before they get to see it.
I was thinking, and I do have an appreciation for the One Piece dub. I like the rap.

ImmaAxolotl
09-25-2015, 09:43 AM

What do you think would be an appropriate age for children to watch this? Is there a specific number, or is it just based off of maturity? You see, I try to introduce this awesome show to every person I meet, which may include kids in the future.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
09-25-2015, 12:55 PM

The third Sonic X season is actually darker.

Mew
09-25-2015, 03:24 PM
The third Sonic X season is actually darker.
Yes. There is still crappy edits, though.

PartyWolf
09-26-2015, 07:56 AM
What do you think would be an appropriate age for children to watch this? Is there a specific number, or is it just based off of maturity? You see, I try to introduce this awesome show to every person I meet, which may include kids in the future.

I think it's a maturity thing. In general I'd say it's fine for most upper primary school kids (9 to 12). It's just a bit serious in places than the original cartoon was.

As an adult fan, I really like it.

LeotheLateBloomer
09-26-2015, 08:26 AM
Yes. There is still crappy edits, though.

And was probably the most boring season.

Metropoliskid41
10-01-2015, 09:52 AM
A big part of its awesomeness boils down to how faithful it was to the best of the source material, the Mirage comics.

Another big part is that Chuck Patton was the art director, and he is one absolutely fantastic artist, extremely underrated. One of the best sequential artists and storytellers that DC had in the 1980's. Seriously right up there with Perez and Byrne.

ImmaAxolotl
10-08-2015, 07:37 PM
I think it's a maturity thing. In general I'd say it's fine for most upper primary school kids (9 to 12). It's just a bit serious in places than the original cartoon was.

As an adult fan, I really like it.

Okay, yeah, that makes sense. Thank you.

As for me, funnily enough I didn't properly enjoy it until I was an adult! I remember watching it as a kid and being mildly interested, but I considered it "too childish" (I honestly don't know what I was thinking back then). Nowadays I love the show to death, and every time I choose to watch an episode it turns into a binge where I watch entire arcs at a time.

I think my own maturity helped my understanding and enjoyment of the series, especially in terms of understanding references.