PDA

View Full Version : When the turtles FINALLY defeat Shredder...

TLP
07-07-2015, 11:59 AM
How satisfying would it be, and how would you want it to happen?

GoldMutant
07-07-2015, 12:35 PM
If season 3 were the end of Shredder, I could imagine him taking over New York with the mind control formula and expose the heroes to the public. More of wishful thinking though, but would be a great end. :)

I think how I'd want to end Shredder is similar to an idea I had in a four part story. The Shredder might attempt to eradicate the existence of the Turtles in the past, going back to ancient Japan. After preventing him from doing so, they begin a fight and are hurt, but then decides to attack him together, leading to the next episode.

In part 3, they successfully win against Shredder utilizing Vision Quest abilities and teamwork. However, either he throws a grenade or attempts to charge at them and is thrown off the building on the brink of death. It'd be revealed he had mutagen either below or on him, leading to a mutation. Later in the episode, the Turtles return to the lair to find everything in ruins. It'd be revealed Shredder had survived and kidnapped Karai. (She's a hero by the end) April, Casey, and Splinter attempted to hold off the Foot but are easily defeated with Splinter unable to make out the details of the monster as he was heavily covered.

Finally in part 4, following an argument, Raph would head to the lair himself and Donnie and Mikey would follow with Leo slowly catching up. In the meantime, the henchmutants might fight the new Shredder due to him going insane. They'd nearly be killed and the Turtles would do their basic activity. (Mike naming him, Donnie terrified, and Raph fighting) Leo then arrives late to find Mike and Donnie brutalized, warning him to be careful and Karai at the top where the detonation about to happen. He'd strike Super Shredder and save Raph from death and then when it seems it's over, the four join one last time, deciding they'll go out as a team. Here's a basic outline for the end:

He dominates the group and mercilessly beats them up. Due to the damage done from fighting longer, Donatello, Michaelangelo, and Raphael are easily defeated which leaves a battered Leonardo standing alone in the fight. Saki then orders the eldest Turtle to drop his weapons or risk the life of Miwa. With no other choice, the katanas are thrown forward; it is revealed Shredder set them up and is ready to throw Karai off. In a fit of desperation, Leo throws a ninja smoke bomb at Super Shredder, blinding him and causing him to drop his “daughter”. Reacting on instinct, he hurries over and catches her, rescuing her in time. SS gets up from being blinded and goes on a final assault. Leo also charges one last time utilizing all his strength to attack him. Super Shredder prevents this, grabbing the weakened Turtle and squeezing his remaining stamina out. In a final attack, Leo slashes Super Shredder with his tiny knife, causing little damage and a noticeable bruise. With the mutated Saki holding onto the bruised area, Leonardo quickly grabs his katanas and impales the Super Shredder with his remaining strength. Screaming in pain, the contaminated blood spills out of Saki’s body while Leo faints from the fighting. Due to the loss of a great amount of blood, Oroku Saki meets his demise and turns back into a human, leaving a dead corpse behind. The brothers and Karai then go to help Leonardo, who’s still alive but just hurt from the showdown. At long last, the war between both the Hamato and Foot Clans have reached their climatic conclusion.

It'd be a very brutal and dark story to accomplish, but just my own thoughts. :) It'd be satisfying based on the direction, but Super Shredder would probably occur and would nearly kill everyone in a genocide like event. In desperation, Leo would save the day but all stand their ground together, showing their growth and maturity growth. That's how I see it.

CyberCubed
07-07-2015, 12:58 PM
They might defeat him in the Season 3 finale.

BubblyShell22
07-07-2015, 01:35 PM
Well, I don't think they'll defeat him permanently as it's been shown that KMR is still doing recording for the character for season four I'm guessing. So, my guess is that they might THINK they've defeated him only for him to come back. Yeah, may be redundant, but I think they'll officially defeat him at the end of the series as that would be more fitting.

Klunk1234
07-07-2015, 02:28 PM
He won't be easy to defeat, but eventually they will do it.

victory_angel
07-07-2015, 02:40 PM
The one thing that sets the Turtles apart from the Shredder and the Foot Clan is their loyalty to one another as a family and their reliance of each of their team mates.

The Shredder sees his followers as weapons and when the weapons serve no further purpose or prove unreliable he disposes of them. This is often seen in the way he threatens bodily harm and death upon his hench mutants. He sees concepts as loyalty and companionship as facile.

The Turtles on the other hand are strongest when they are able to work together. Each one of them has their own skills to offer the team, they rely on one another to see the mission through and when one falls all of them are effected. While they know they won't have many people they can call friends because of what they are, it's because of who they are that they even have the friends they have.

When the Shredder is defeated he won't be killed off, but he will undergo a defeat this season. However the Turtles aren't going to have a "Yay we won, let's party!" Situation, because there will still be a loss in them possibly being exposed to the media. Also Moving is used as a metaphor for growing up, so the Turtles losing their childhood home for good would be a metaphor of having to leave their childhood behind them and beginning to see the world as adults.

Foombamaroom
07-07-2015, 06:04 PM
I kinda want them to "get rid" of Shredder by the end of season 3, but still have him around. Like, keep him as a prisoner, and every now and then, the Turtles talk to him in the prison to get advice on how to defeat an enemy. I think that'd be really cool, tbh.

Anyways, the way I'd want Shredder to go... I want it to be kind of the opposite of what usually happens: I don't want Leo to take him out. I want it to start with Leo facing the Shredder alone, and Leo's still not strong enough. But then, when Leo's about to be killed, the other three Turtles show up. Given how they fought against Shredder as a team during their first encounter and still lost, there'd be something powerful about having the Turtles fight as a team and finally beat Shredder.

Tarris Vaal
07-08-2015, 02:04 AM
I have to mirror Foombaroom on this one...

I'd expect Leo to be pushed into trying to force a confrontation on his own - probably as a result of Karai revealing the lair's location and Shredder taking Splinter down and destroying the place (something between the 2014 and 1990 movies)

There would have to be a good reason why Leo goes alone without the others immediately following though. Possibly the others heading for Northampton when Leo quietly gives them the slip?

Anyway, definitely agree that Leo should face Shredder alone - but be unable to best him - and the others arrive to face him together.

I'd expect somehow that the mutanimals get involved to distract the rest of the Foot minions and let the Turtles confront Shredder uninterrupted. April and Casey are the wildcards, but I would anticipate they would hold off Karai and try and break the mind control on her. In any event, its likely to be one large battle involving nearly everyone, surrounding this primary confrontation between the Shredder and Turtles.

This all said, I think it'll be Karai or Splinter who inflict the final blow - and if the classic cliches have any effect - it'll involve Shredder falling into the dark (similar to Rat King).

Its been a 3 season build up to this confrontation, so I would like to think it would be fairly satisfying :)

victory_angel
07-08-2015, 03:49 AM
What we currently know so far is that Karai knows where the lair is.
Leo is going to face the Shredder alone
and the Turtles have at least four more episodes at the farm house.

The one major flaw in Leo is how stubborn he is. Particularly when he believes he's doing what should be done, and damn to whatever anyone else thinks.

Here is what I think should happen.

So following the events of Legend of the Yokai. Karai possibly attacks the lair exposing their home to the Foot Clan, and destroying it. Splinter is captured by Karai. The Turtles get into the party wagon and take off to another area of the sewers where they take up temporary shelter. This makes Leo upset and he feels the Shredder has gone too far this time. And he wants to get revenge on Shredder for good. Donnie objects to this and feels that they've lost too much already and going after Shredder in this state would cause more problems then solutions. Raph and Mikey also agree that Leo is too angry right now, and it wouldn't help Splinter if they blindly went after him. Leo gets angry and says that they are just afraid of justice. Raph suggests they all rest for a while and calm down before they think of a strategy to get Splinter back.

While his brothers sleep, Leo slips out of the party wagon and rushes off swords blazing. The other Turtles wake up and realize what Leo has done and race off after him. They find Leo battling Shredder while Splinter watches from where he is imprisoned. The turtles arrive. Donnie struggles to frees Splinter all the while avoiding getting hit or attacked by the Foot soldiers and the hench mutants. Shredder is knocked into the mutagen during the battle, mutating with his armor he is named "Mega Shredder" by Mikey. Mega Shredder is more formidable and Leo struggles against him.

During the battle Mega Shredder gains the upper hand and is going to deliver a killing blow. Donnie sees this and drops what he's doing to prevent Leo from being killed. Rocksteady charges at him, but Donnie is able to cause the Mutant Rhino to crash into the cell holding Splinter allowing him to break free.

Donnie manages to get to Leo in time, but is hit with the blow instead. Leo is surprised and horrified at this, and Splinter is also incensed by this. Raph is livid but he keeps his cool as he everyone gathers to protect their fallen loved one. Mikey throws a smoke bomb or creates a distraction to help them escape.

In the van, everyone feels they should return to farm house as Donnie would need time to recover from his injuries and they would need to regroup from their loses. Leo and Splinter are able to perform the healing hands to help heal away any internal injuries that Donnie may have.

Then during the finally everyone returns to New York and finds the Shredder has taken over. The Turtles fight as a group with Leo taking into account any suggestions or strategies his family has to offer. Incorporating the Mutanimals, Muckman, and maybe characters from Northhampton like Bigfoot and the Chimera into the battle.

Maybe the battle is on two fronts with a team in New York and a team at the Farm House. Shredder is defeated, but he's still able to escape vowing vengeance. The Turtles rejoice in their victory, but at the same time acknowledge all they have lost and how life will be different for them now.

BubblyShell22
07-08-2015, 07:32 AM
Actually, after Tales of the Yokai is Turtles in Time and then the episode where Leo sneaks out of the Lair. My guess is that during Turtles in Time, the Turtles travel to the past to Japan and face a younger Shredder there. While there, they witness the falling out between Yoshi and Saki and witness the final battle where Shen loses her life and Shredder takes Miwa. I have a feeling that Leo will want to change history but doing so would be dangerous, so the others hold him back and tell him that it's not a good idea. They watch as the house burns to the ground and Shredder escapes with Yoshi's daughter.

When they return to the present, Leo is upset by what he has witnessed in the past and knows that he has to change things and take Shredder down once and for all so he sneaks out of the Lair to confront their enemy. The other Turtles wake up to find Leo gone and go to rescue him. Here they witness Shredder drinking the mutagen to become Mega Shredder (which Mikey has named him as always) and they have to try and take him down. They fail and must make a retreat, so they go to the farmhouse to recuperate from their defeat.

Again, this is just my guess, but I have a feeling this is what might happen.

Foombamaroom
07-08-2015, 05:47 PM
Do you know who I'd honestly think the best person to kill Shredder is?

Not Splinter
Not Karai
Not April
Not Casey
Not Leonardo
Not Raphael
Not Donatello
Not Michelangelo

But Shredder himself. I would absolutely love for the Turtles to have him beat, but he just says something like, "I won't give you the satisfaction." and he kills himself. That's honestly how I'd do it. It just fits his character so well.

Powder
07-08-2015, 07:15 PM
Do you know who I'd honestly think the best person to kill Shredder is? But Shredder himself. I would absolutely love for the Turtles to have him beat, but he just says something like, "I won't give you the satisfaction." and he kills himself. That's honestly how I'd do it. It just fits his character so well.

Probably because he's done it multiple times, both on purpose & on accident. The first issue ends with a suicide attempt, even.

Other times it's usually just a matter of being blinded by rage & not realizing what he's gotten himself into, like Super Shredder on the dock, for example.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
07-08-2015, 08:08 PM
Do you know who I'd honestly think the best person to kill Shredder is?

Not Splinter
Not Karai
Not April
Not Casey
Not Leonardo
Not Raphael
Not Donatello
Not Michelangelo

But Shredder himself. I would absolutely love for the Turtles to have him beat, but he just says something like, "I won't give you the satisfaction." and he kills himself. That's honestly how I'd do it. It just fits his character so well.

Nah, you're all wrong.

Pizza Face is the mutant for the job. Shredder versus Pizza Face? No contest. :trazz:

Ninturtle
07-08-2015, 10:51 PM
Nah, you're all wrong.

Pizza Face is the mutant for the job. Shredder versus Pizza Face? No contest. :trazz:

If Dr Cluckingsworth wasn't still in North Hampton I'm sure he would destroy Shredder and all his henchmen.

Foombamaroom
07-09-2015, 10:32 AM
Ugh, you guys are all forgetting about the mutant who stands the best chance... Justin.

shredder orokusaki
07-09-2015, 12:58 PM
The question should had been how i will defeat the turtles not when will they defeat me because they can not defeat me! I crash then all!! I AM THE SHREDDER!! :x:x:x

Meliwen
07-09-2015, 01:13 PM
Anyways, the way I'd want Shredder to go... I want it to be kind of the opposite of what usually happens: I don't want Leo to take him out. I want it to start with Leo facing the Shredder alone, and Leo's still not strong enough. But then, when Leo's about to be killed, the other three Turtles show up. Given how they fought against Shredder as a team during their first encounter and still lost, there'd be something powerful about having the Turtles fight as a team and finally beat Shredder.
This is what I'd like to see as well.

I'm also hoping Karai plays a big part in his demise somehow.

jenna
07-09-2015, 01:56 PM
If there's one thing we know about the Shredder, whatever incarnation, he aaaaalwaaaays comes back.

Sorry. I know that's not much of a contribution to the thread. Point being I'm not sure a permanent defeat is likely.

BubblyShell22
07-09-2015, 03:11 PM
Well, I'm sure a permanent defeat would fit at the end of the series' run as that makes more sense. If you do it now, then it's all about creating a new villain and while that can happen, many people are going to get bored of not seeing Shredder there. I'm guessing there will be a defeat but he'll come back.

Foombamaroom
07-10-2015, 11:59 PM
I wouldn't mind them "taking him out" this season, and then having him return as the big bad for the final season. I'd honestly love to see Shredder start from scratch; have him rebuild the Foot, have him gain new henchmen, etc.

BubblyShell22
07-11-2015, 07:45 AM
Well, considering some of the new characters we're getting in season 4, I'm guessing that Shredder definitely won't be the main focus, so he'll definitely not be there for some of season four.

Amaranthus
07-11-2015, 07:49 AM
The question should had been how i will defeat the turtles not when will they defeat me because they can not defeat me! I crash then all!! I AM THE SHREDDER!! :x:x:x

How's that extra chromosome working out for ya?

gibbs615
07-23-2015, 11:47 AM
Well they ARE finally getting used to facing the Shredder ever since their spirit training and that episode when they first went searching for Karai after coming back to the city. So perhaps they WILL eventually!

MartiusR
07-25-2015, 12:08 PM
To be honest, if these rumors about "finishing" with Shredder (probably not definitelly, but I'm not going to speculate) in the end of Season 3 will be real, I would be extremely happy. First - because it's great thing to put into season's finale. I didn't liked the idea with finishing Season 2 with cliffhanger (even if it was logical due to plot twist). Not to mention that finishing season without Kraang (go away and never come back!) - yes, that's something I will definitelly like

And second thing - because most of the Season 3 was so boring for me (almost all these Northampton-episodes were so uninteresting for me, I can't even find adequate words), that I will gladly stop tracking this series after finishing Season 3 with such satisfactory conclusion. Especially after reading about these things which will probably come next (aliens, aliens, damned aliens - didn't liked them in original comic, didn't liked them in 2K3 cartoon, don't think I want to try for the third time to check, if this time it won't disturb me). Well, if not... Knowing me, I'll probably still tracking this thing to see what'll happen next with Shredder, Karai & Foot Clan, even with all these "attractions" in the meanwhile. But have hope for some juicy and good conclusion.

It would be great if this event would be made in some unexpected way. Probably all of us would expect, that the most obvious would be defeating Shredder by Splinter or(and?) Leonardo. So if it will be resolved in some different (and not too trivial) way, it'll be cool. I really would like the idea with Shredder's henchmens leaving him (bit by bit) when they'll see that they're losing. It would great show the difference in "social ties" between turtles&friends and Shredder&henchmens.

go_ninja84
07-27-2015, 11:53 AM
honestly im getting tired of watching the turtles getting pounded by almost every enemy. i know they are supposed to be overcome them but they just get pounded everytime. it would be nice to see them have the upper hand one time IMO

aliena
07-30-2015, 02:47 PM
honestly im getting tired of watching the turtles getting pounded by almost every enemy. i know they are supposed to be overcome them but they just get pounded everytime. it would be nice to see them have the upper hand one time IMO

YES, this is how I feel exactly. Every time they seem to be defeated and they run away or are interrupted. My wish is that Leo hurts Shredder in some way then tells him he's finished hurting his family. I'd like it if Bebop and Rocksteady help them defeat him after what he did to them. I would think Stockmanfly would help too.

Since it can't be a violent and bloody death, could he be dragged into another dimension by someone, or some thing? That way he's banished, but can come back differently later.

Splinter the boss
07-30-2015, 04:17 PM
To be honest, I am starting to get sick of shredder. Shredder is an awesome villain, but the creators need to move on.

I'd be glad if he could be dealt with by season 4's finale. Him coming back after we thought he was defeated would be a bad idea.

TurFlytle
07-31-2015, 09:03 AM
To be honest, I am starting to get sick of shredder. Shredder is an awesome villain, but the creators need to move on.

I'd be glad if he could be dealt with by season 4's finale. Him coming back after we thought he was defeated would be a bad idea.

Then again 90s movie Shredder came back after almost being compacted to death in a garbage truck.

Foombamaroom
07-31-2015, 09:37 AM

YES, this is how I feel exactly. Every time they seem to be defeated and they run away or are interrupted. My wish is that Leo hurts Shredder in some way then tells him he's finished hurting his family. I'd like it if Bebop and Rocksteady help them defeat him after what he did to them. I would think Stockmanfly would help too.

Since it can't be a violent and bloody death, could he be dragged into another dimension by someone, or some thing? That way he's banished, but can come back differently later.

I love the idea of it.
The Turtles go up against adversaries who they overcome all the time. But having one that they really cannot beat? That adds a lot more drama and tension to the story. These Turtles have not beaten Shredder once. Instead, he just kicks the everloving crap out of them. That's why he's the most challenging villain to them, and he's unique because he's human. Now, with that said, when they beat the Shredder, there'd be something powerful about them being able to best him in combat. I mean, think about it? It'd show how far the brothers have come, and it'd show how much they've grown.

Metalwolf
07-31-2015, 09:46 AM

I'd be glad if he could be dealt with by season 4's finale. Him coming back after we thought he was defeated would be a bad idea.That's probably why he's fated to turn into a grotesque blob before they finish him off. They want to have him die, but they also want to avoid the wrath of parents complaining about the Turtles killing humans.

I could always be wrong, but he might not be coming back,as this might be the part where they said "We could finish the story if necessary in three seasons." This might have been the point that they would have killed the Shredder to 'finish' the story if Season 4 wasn't greenlit, and likely wrap up the fates of his henchmen too.

OrokuYoshiFilms
07-31-2015, 01:58 PM
Shredder dies......everyone dies. I'm sorry. How are you gonna have no Shredder, what's that about? I love Shredder, a joke that turned into one of the greatest villains ever. He's nasty and will f*ck you up. It better be some epic turtles-sacrifice-themselves-to-defeat-shredder-once-and-for-all type situation.

...if you must "end" Shredder: I'd like to see him end up in a vegetative/hypnotic state. Brain dead/memory wipe. Unable to be the strong fighter he was and only the tormenting thoughts of the turtles to haunt him til he dies. Maybe he babbles "turtles..." a lot.

Read someone mention him being a prisoner earlier, made that last idea come out of nowhere.

neatoman
07-31-2015, 02:15 PM
So who can we blame for the Blob-Shredder?

Splinter the boss
07-31-2015, 02:50 PM
I know I'm going to dislike the Blob-Shredder. He won't be as fast as he used to be. (If it is actually Shredder himself who turns into the blob.)

To be honest, I do not think the Blob-Shredder is going to be the real Shredder. I think it'll be a creature created by the Kraang on Shredder's request.

Shredder would be nothing once turned into that thing, he would just be big in size, while his ninjustsu skills would would regress.

I want him to be taken down when he is at his strongest.

Metalwolf
07-31-2015, 03:21 PM
Shredder dies......everyone dies. I'm sorry. How are you gonna have no Shredder, what's that about? Mirage had no Shredder past the first issue, so it's possible to evolve the story past him. Besides, if they are killing Shredder soon (and it very much looks like they are) then this allows them to go in their own direction (what we've been begging Nick to do for a while now.) This is uncharted territory, we won't know what to expect.

Plus I doubt the Foot is completely gone. Shredder probably has an appointed heir just in case he kicks the bucket.

So who can we blame for the Blob-Shredder?It's probably a result of an accident. Fight's going on, something damages the mutagen vat, vat breaks, and mutagen spills. Turtles are able to get out of the way, however Shredder and some of his goons... are not so lucky.

OrokuYoshiFilms
07-31-2015, 03:35 PM
@Metalwolf Yeah I know about the Mirage comics, but I mean now at this point in the franchise when he's been so integral in every other iteration. Especially animated. To not have Shredder is absurd to me at this point. One of (if not) the only purely human villains they have.

I do like the idea of a successor though, but not Karai. Shredder nuances but totally different. And the thought of pioneering a new TMNT world without the Shredder is intriguing the way you put it. You've got me pretty torn at this point now.

On another note. I think Karai's mutation should be a gateway to evolve the mutation process. Start introducing some different effects than just turning into whatever you touched. Karai can actually change her form back and forth. Maybe when/if Shredder mutates he can assume the form of any animal, or multiple animals etc. This actually makes more sense in my head than I can actually physically explain. I guess the best way to expain it would be a cross between the way X-Men universe mutant's genetic mutation affects them and TMNT universe mutant's chemical mutation affects them.

....any Shredder "replacement" would have to be like 20x worse though right? I want them to be ninja though still. Or be ninja/shinobi related/skilled.

Metalwolf
07-31-2015, 04:38 PM
@Metalwolf Yeah I know about the Mirage comics, but I mean now at this point in the franchise when he's been so integral in every other iteration. Especially animated. To not have Shredder is absurd to me at this point. One of (if not) the only purely human villains they have. Well, I don't think he's going to be the only pure human villain that the Turtles will be facing. Some of the heavy rumors going around is that they will be doing an anti-mutant storyline in season 5, I think (I'm guessing Bishop will be coming.) Plus they still have Hun and the Mafia guys running around, plus the Purple Dragons. Minor guys to be sure, but some of these could always trace back towards a bigger baddie leader.

I do like the idea of a successor though, but not Karai. Shredder nuances but totally different. And the thought of pioneering a new TMNT world without the Shredder is intriguing the way you put it. You've got me pretty torn at this point now.Oh yeah. If they do bring on a successor, it could be Oroku Nagi or even Pimiko. Two people we haven't seen in a looong time, but would consider the killing off of their relative grounds for revenge. But a Shredderless future is new, plus it keeps him from becoming stale like the Kraang started to become. The Turtles wouldn't stop growing and learning after Shredder dies, this would be a chance to see what that looks like when they aren't fighting purely for revenge anymore.

On another note. I think Karai's mutation should be a gateway to evolve the mutation process. Start introducing some different effects than just turning into whatever you touched. Karai can actually change her form back and forth. Maybe when/if Shredder mutates he can assume the form of any animal, or multiple animals etc. This actually makes more sense in my head than I can actually physically explain. I guess the best way to expain it would be a cross between the way X-Men universe mutant's genetic mutation affects them and TMNT universe mutant's chemical mutation affects them. Shredder (if he survives) might gain an ability like Mystique, or he turns into a lethal soupy blob that likes to smother people. That would be extra creepy, because potentially he could eat people in that form. As far as Karai, it's possible, but we don't have any clips or screenshots that offer any clue to her fate. She might end up getting demutated however, because people don't seem to be like her being a mutant. She's the only biological offspring Splinter has, and being a mutant seems to mess that up somehow.

....any Shredder "replacement" would have to be like 20x worse though right? I want them to be ninja though still. Or be ninja/shinobi related/skilled.It might be an ancient ninja they encounter, someone that is either a ghoul or semi-immortal like Bishop is said to be in the 2k3 cartoon. Somebody who can do far more damage, and require a lot different tactics to take down. As an example, in the game Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb, a few levels had you fighting a bunch of zombie ninjas. You had to use ancient Chinese/Japanese artifacts to kill them, and one of the bosses was an Undead Ninja Master that could do a lot of damage, simply because he was undead and thus the normal 'living' rules no longer applied. They could have somebody like that, since the time travel arc seem to be showing skeletal ghouls walking about (and thus supernatural stuff.)

OrokuYoshiFilms
07-31-2015, 04:50 PM
Zombie Ninjas: Yeah, yep, yes, and mm-hmm:nod:

Metalwolf
07-31-2015, 05:08 PM
Zombie Ninjas: Yeah, yep, yes, and mm-hmm:nod:Sounds like you'd like the game. I haven't played the game in a long time, but it features a lot of different people using lots of ninja-y weapons. One clip I'm watching now is two evil ladies (not zombies) using tessen fans to fight Indy. :)

Powder
07-31-2015, 09:56 PM
Shredder dies......everyone dies. I'm sorry. How are you gonna have no Shredder, what's that about? I love Shredder, a joke that turned into one of the greatest villains ever. He's nasty and will f*ck you up. It better be some epic turtles-sacrifice-themselves-to-defeat-shredder-once-and-for-all type situation.

...if you must "end" Shredder: I'd like to see him end up in a vegetative/hypnotic state. Brain dead/memory wipe. Unable to be the strong fighter he was and only the tormenting thoughts of the turtles to haunt him til he dies. Maybe he babbles "turtles..." a lot.

Read someone mention him being a prisoner earlier, made that last idea come out of nowhere.

Shredder is not The Joker. As was the case in Mirage, he should be a big threat connected to the vengeance plot, which has an end. Yoshi is avenged, Shredder is bested, that's it. Maybe he comes back in some form down the line for a brief tout, but it's not necessary. TMNT has a huge rogues gallery, realistically speaking, Shredder is HARDLY their biggest threat. He is but a man, one of many resources, though still mortal. There are time bending demons, world conquering aliens, dinosaurs, he can't touch that. I'm glad that he will presumably be beaten for good if not set aside for a considerable period. Savanti, the Triceratons, etc, there are lot a of baddies who deserve their time in the spotline, & I'm glad they're getting it.

As for a post-loss Saki, I'd totally get behind borrowing "Enemy Of My Enemy" from Next Mutation, where we find that Shredder is now just a crazed homeless man who Splinter actually pities & takes home for some food/shelter, giving him some of his humanity back. Criminally underrated episode right there, however poorly acted it may be.

TigerClaw
07-31-2015, 09:57 PM
Even if the shredder gets defeated, the turtles will have other villains to deal with, but even in the comics they find ways to bring the shredder back.

OrokuYoshiFilms
08-01-2015, 06:11 PM
I'm gonna have to check that episode of Next Mutation, Powder. Sounds interesting. I think maybe I just like Shredder around more than you guys. The turtles have other great villains that definitely deserve the spotlight and could switch up the monotony, but I just feel there's still left to tap in to with Shredder's character. I guess I haven't gotten enough badass-ery out of him in this current animated form to just wanna off him and move on yet. I will enjoy a break from him, but I feel he's gotta come back at some point. Even if only to just finalize the series.