PDA

View Full Version : Heroes in a Half-Cast-Character Discussions

victory_angel
07-09-2015, 04:20 PM
Hello, Venka Le Fay from Heroes in a Half Cast.

I'm planning on including a session called Character Discussions as part of the podcast.

And the first one we are doing is Leonardo.

So for the discussion I want people to send in their questions and comments about this character. Our show does look mostly at the Nick Version, but we do acknowledge and look at the other incarnations as well.

Please don't ask or comment about Leo being a Gary Stu, because that was talked to death in a recent episode. And such questions and comments are more then likely to be ignored ignored.

I also accept audio files for questions and comments. Those can be sent to the podcasts email at inahalfcast@gmail.com. Please make sure audio is under 25MB.

We also welcome anyone who would like to come on as a guest host. I'm aiming the next podcast to be somewhere between July 18th and August 4th. I may even get a character discussion ep or and episode discussion ep recorded with in those days.

If you want to come on as a guest host I have some image templates that I can use to make a character of your choice. You can be a ninja,

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b109/victory_angel/Mark%20-%20Copy_zpslmqe4xi0.png Coola Yagami

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b109/victory_angel/SSjup_zpslt7p99ez.png SSJup81

You can also be Mutant, Monster, Mystic, Mecha, or Regular human.

Such as Gold Mutant here as a Robot Dragon.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b109/victory_angel/Robo-dragon_zpspcxmqzwf.png

sdp
07-09-2015, 04:45 PM
In the most recent episodes that I've watched on Nickelodeon I've become very concerned about where they are taking some characters. One of them in particular that has caused great concern to me has been our favorite pizza loving hero Leonardo, I believe he has now become a Gary Stu, what are your opinions on this?

GoldMutant
07-10-2015, 05:21 PM
In the most recent episodes that I've watched on Nickelodeon I've become very concerned about where they are taking some characters. One of them in particular that has caused great concern to me has been our favorite pizza loving hero Leonardo, I believe he has now become a Gary Stu, what are your opinions on this?

Venka/VA and I discussed this on the recent episode, so you'll be able to hear the full thoughts there mate upon it's release. Although discussed before with the next episode coming up, here are my thoughts to answer:

In my opinion, Leo is not turning into a Gary Stu. As the leader, you're going to expect good treatment to them if the main character. (ex: Goku being the strongest in Dragon Ball) Considering the development from being an inexperienced if cliche lined protagonist in the first season of the Nick show, Leo is developing and maturing rather well. From questioning his leadership on a few occasions to being an underconfident hero, Leo is most certainly inexperienced at first before growing in season 2. Remember, The Invasion did have him showing growth considering season 2 and 1 had him unable to keep up with the Foot.

By season 2, he could finally fight Karai easily and was able to defeat Rahzar and Fishface as well as briefly stun Tiger Claw. Though out of sheer will power, it showed very strong growth. Now, come season 3 where people are getting angry over the lack of developments for some, specifically Michelangelo and Raphael. Especially with the latter, Clash of the Mutanimals became an infamous episode with Deadly Venom coming up two weeks later. This could be argued on why people consider what's happened to Leo's very sudden growth and making him the Gary Stu.

Leo is most certainly the most spiritual connected of the Turtles, leading to why he'd learn under Splinter with the healing hands. He's a healer on many occasions, but the problem is with it coming down too quickly. If it's used later, I'd understand it, otherwise it could be a cop out in the episode. Although I thought Mikey should have saved Raph in Clash of the Mutanimals, Leo doing it had him tap into Raph's anger. (he was still out of character here though) Donnie is more of a pacifist and though Mikey could have made fun of him too, his weak skill compared to his older brothers would make him lose, resulting in Leo the only route taken.

For where it seems to answer, no, Leonardo is most certainly far from being a Gary Stu. Just properly make the character's growth worth while and make the hands important down the line and people might be satisfied. Otherwise, prepare for the bashing for the leader in blue. Hope this answers the question. :)

Mew
07-10-2015, 06:59 PM
I have a question for 'ya. How the heck did Leonardo get his katanas?