PDA

View Full Version : DC Restore Super-Marriage In "Superman: Lois And Clark"

ZariusTwo
07-10-2015, 05:48 PM
http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2015/07/BLCK_SMAN_CVR_fnl.jpeg

Old-School Superscribe Dan Jurgens picks up where his well-received Convergence tie-ins left off as pre-flashpoint Clark and his wife Lois raise their young son on a world where the familiar villains Superman faced have yet to be created...but that will soon change. Lois investigates Intergang, and their son is on the verge of discovering his parents true identities.

http://m.uk.ign.com/articles/2015/07/10/comic-con-lois-and-clark-return-for-new-superman-comic-with-their-son

Leo656
07-10-2015, 10:08 PM
Heeeey, well that's somethin'.

Very savvy on DC's part, as the Lois & Clark stuff seems like the only thing anyone actually liked from that Convergence mess. It was definitely the most popular thing. I'm gonna try and get this. Jurgens is one of the only guys alive I trust with Superman, and by far the best of the Modern Age scribes. That and the premise has me intrigued.

ZariusTwo
07-11-2015, 07:00 AM
Yeah, I like that Lois also has her own side-quest and putting her investigative side to good use to protect her loved ones, and the idea of Clark having an awareness of the villains before they come into being opens up a rich sense of morality play questions. For a company not too bothered with continuity anymore, I think this book will still serve us with some of that since it informs Clark very much of who he is and what his world had endured under the more fleshed out villains

ZariusTwo
07-13-2015, 06:22 AM
Some more details, as Dan Jurgens clarifies a very important plot twist

The Earth Lois and Clark have settled on is post-Flashpoint New 52 Earth

In his newly-announced series Superman: Lois and Clark, writer Dan Jurgens will return to the pre-Flashpoint Superman, his wife Lois and their newly-introduced son Jonathan.

The difference is, unike the hundred-plus Superman issues Jurgens wrote and/or drew in the '80s and '90s, he and artist Lee Weeks will be taking the Kent Family into the post-Flashpoint world, where that Superman has been secretly living for nine years on an as-yet-undisclosed mission, raising his family looking on in wonder at the strange world around him.

Jurgens joined ComicBook.com for a brief discussion on the new title, which is due out in October.

Right around the time you came on Superman the first time, they had launched Adventures of Superman, based on the radio and TV series of the same name. Is Superman: Lois & Clark named for Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman?

I think what it really reflects is the relationship between Lois and Clark, and the whole idea is that I understand what you're saying about the TV show. That show was about their relationship. This book is about their relationship, wrapped in the world of Superman and with the addition of their son Jonathan.

And it is how they live on this world. What are the ramifications of living in this universe where we've seen Superman's secret identity outed? That kind of thing. How have they been able to pull this off? How has no one noticed, "You look kind of like that guy?" That's part of the beard right now, for example.

So it's a very different story, but at its core, it's a family book. It's a family unit. It's Lois and Clark and Jonathan and if you go back to the Convergence issues that I wrote, where Thomas Wayne talked to him about doing what he could do -- "whatever you do, keep your child safe" -- that's the core of the book in terms of that part of it.

Superman has had a mission here all along, and we're going to explore all of that.

With Jonathan, what motivated the decision to jump to nine years old, or was it just that you needed Superman's history on this planet in the story?

It's a couple of things. First of all, when you write about an infant, it's not like that infant becomes that character in and of itself. But we have some definite ideas for what we want to do with Jonathan and that nine-year-old timeline sort of fits in perfectly -- in a way just like it did with Damian and Bruce Wayne in Batman.

That nine-year-old timeframe fits great, and it also fits great with this idea that they have been here all along. They have been monitoring events, Superman has been doing stuff behind the scenes and had a very active role all along, and it is how do they react to this different universe for them, where people may have the same names, but they're not at all the same characters?

Now, we really take that on like a head-on question because that's part of the core of the book.

The version of Superman that you wrote for many years had a very different Krypton. Once they changed that around, it changed a lot of the trappings and a lot of his villains. Does this Superman have The Man of Steel or Secret Origin in his rear-view mirror -- or does it not matter?

I won't say that it doesn't matter. I think what's most important to understand is, his background still reflects that very classic Superman background that was of that era. Yes, visually things were changed with Krypton, but still the same basic core concepts were in place, and they're in place here.

This is a Superman whose parents lived on -- and when I say "parents," I mean Jonathan and Martha Kent -- and that makes him different from the current Superman. And it's someone who has this relationship with Lois as such that he would look at this world's Superman and Wonder Woman and say "Everything is different."

http://comicbook.com/2015/07/12/dan-jurgens-compares-jonathan-kent-to-damian-wayne-clarifies-the/

ZariusTwo
08-21-2015, 04:32 AM
Some preview images

http://oi58.tinypic.com/1061153.jpg

http://oi61.tinypic.com/l8xhe.jpg

http://oi61.tinypic.com/xpmps9.jpg

MsMarvelDuckie
08-22-2015, 01:57 PM
Why couldn' Marvel have done something like this? Im jealous now....

ZariusTwo
08-22-2015, 03:05 PM
Why couldn' Marvel have done something like this? Im jealous now....

Exactly what I was thinking. A universe shared by a married and a single Spider-Man would have been interesting, but hey, given how Truth is developing, it'll be even better to see how New 52 Lois and Clark's relationship stacks up to their predecessors when the pairs eventually meet.

ZariusTwo
08-29-2015, 03:22 AM
Jurgens talks Lois and Clark

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CNTsq8sWgAALzMs.jpg:large

In the upcoming Superman: Lois & Clark series, the married Clark Kent and Lois Lane from the pre-New 52 continuity are back. They are now trapped and in hiding in this new Earth, trying to raise their 9-year-old son Jon as if they are a normal family. "For Lois and Clark, it’s a world that they barely recognize...a place where they have to hide their true identities,“ says series writer Dan Jurgens, a veteran Superman writer who fans will remember from the classic “Death of Superman” story of the 1990s. "On the other hand, their son, Jon, embraces this world as his own. It’s the only one he’s ever known. In a way, it’s a bit of a classic immigrant story where the parents—unlike their kids—are a bit out of place."

ZariusTwo
09-03-2015, 05:24 AM
http://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/154/174/original/SMLOCL_Cv3.jpg?1441229741

For readers who wanted the pre-Flashpoint Superman back on the main DCU earth, Superman: Lois and Clark is a wish come true.

Thanks to the events of Convergence, it's been revealed that the older, married, pre-reboot versions Clark Kent and Lois Lane are alive and well on DC's Prime Earth — hiding for years among the residents of the "New 52" universe.

And with Superman: Lois and Clark #1, their nine-year-old son Jon will start to figure out who his parents really are.

http://www.newsarama.com/25766-superman-lois-clark-brings-preboot-husband-wife-back-to-main-dc-continuity.html

Krutch
09-04-2015, 05:06 PM
Sorry, I haven't been following comics in a few years now. After reading this, I'm still a little confused(also very, very tired at work :P) Is this more or less a spiritual sequel to Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman?

ZariusTwo
09-04-2015, 05:46 PM
Sorry, I haven't been following comics in a few years now. After reading this, I'm still a little confused(also very, very tired at work :P) Is this more or less a spiritual sequel to Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman?

No, not in the slightest.

Krutch
09-04-2015, 06:00 PM
No, not in the slightest.

........:cry:

ZariusTwo
09-05-2015, 05:54 AM
Basically, if you read Superman in the 90s through to the 2000s, this is that Superman and Lois, now inhabiting a universe shared by two different versions of Lois and Clark that have been the mainstream representations since 2011. In this universe, Superman's identity is public knowledge (due to Lois outing him in order to protect him from blackmail), which makes life difficult for the Superman featured in this book who's trying to keep his family safe.

Martian_Turtlesaurus
09-15-2015, 03:28 AM
I really like the concept except for the son part. Kryptonians being that biologically compatible with humans bothers me and takes the last of his kind loneliness away from the character.
Also I think the son was a big obstacle (amongst many) for Superman returns sequel. It's a whole new game for Lois and Clark.
It kind of sounds more like dragon ball (I wonder if Jonathan will be more powerful like Gohan was) all in all sounds interesting as they are willing to try something new.
Now if they could only make a comic of Nightwing and Oracle as a marriage I would be very happy.

ZariusTwo
09-15-2015, 03:35 PM
I really like the concept except for the son part. Kryptonians being that biologically compatible with humans bothers me and takes the last of his kind loneliness away from the character.

That does'nt need to apply to this Superman, seeing as DC have a new version to pile all that tiresome and outdated angst on.

Leo656
09-15-2015, 09:06 PM
:lol: I can't stand when they lean on how lonely and isolated he supposedly is. Those are the most boring Superman stories ever. I mean I hate when there's a million Kryptonians, too, I'm fine with like, three or four... but when they keep droning on about how "alone" he's supposed to be... I just check out. :lol:

Like, the guy usually goes most of his life before he sees the rocket (it's only in like two or three versions where he's a kid when he learns he's an alien). He more or less grew up thinking or assuming he was born here; finding out you're an alien in your 30s isn't a whole lot different than not finding out you're half-German until your 30s... a little awkward, a bit of an adjustment, maybe, but it doesn't really necessitate an entire abrupt upheaval in your life or way of thinking. I'm pretty much in favor of the versions where he learns of his origins later on, as an adult, so for me, Byrne's glib dismissal of "Wow, I'm from planet Krypton. Neat, I guess. Still the same guy, changes nothing, time to go save some stuff," and goes on with his friggin' life is how I see Clark's processing of his alien origins. Not being all angsty and whiny about it.

As far as biology, they've been doing "Imaginary" or "What-If" stories where Clark and Lois or Lana had a baby going back to like the 50s and maybe earlier, so... I always just assumed humans and Kryptonians were compatible and it just wasn't something they felt like being aggressive about mentioning in print. And in the 90s comics, if you knew exactly where to look there were some subtle but clear hints that Lois and Clark were sexually active even before they were married.

It always confused me when people by default assumed they couldn't hook up or have kids. In my head it was always the opposite. :lol: I'unno.

ZariusTwo
09-16-2015, 03:28 PM
Not to mention Lois and Clark get pretty steamy in Smallville, both on-screen and in the comics, long before they scratch their seven-year itch to get married in it's canon

ZariusTwo
10-08-2015, 10:07 AM
Comicvine Preview for Issue One (http://www.comicvine.com/articles/exclusive-preview-superman-lois-and-clark-1/1100-153826/)

Leo656
10-08-2015, 11:29 PM
It's nice to see the real Superman again. :ohwell: I just hate that inevitably, there's going to be some scenario where they have to "prove" why the new impostor they've had in the books for the last 5 years is more suitable to be Superman now. I mean, other than "passing the torch" from the real Superman to the new one, where else can you really go with this, long-term?

I don't know. That little bit was nice, and I'm all in favor of as much of the real Superman as we can get, I'm just not sure what the long-term plan is.

ZariusTwo
10-09-2015, 05:03 AM
It doesn't help they're regurgitating, beat-for-beat, the same lines that Earth-2 Superman was saying when he broke back out into the main universe in Infinite Crisis, that there was something too edgy and faithless about the current reality. You have to wonder how demoralizing it is to have the "real" Superman come in and say something to the extent of "get off my lawn" to characters that the company are trying to sell on existing readers as being viable for the long-term.

Leo656
10-09-2015, 08:38 PM
I do keep on top of things going on with the new post-2011 DC a tiny bit, just enough to not be completely lost - as a lifelong comics fan, the idea of dropping out of it completely is really depressing to think about - but every single thing I look at from DC anymore is awful.

Like, I agree 100% with Real Superman - this universe f*cking sucks like nothing I've ever seen. Yet it's the one they insist on forcing down everyone's throats. So yeah, as you say, having someone like Superman point out in-story how sh*tty it all is, is puzzling.

I keep hoping that one day somehow Superman will find a way to bring back the real DCU and this one will just be another parallel, written off as a failed experiment. I mean, the "Brightest Day" angle kicked off a ton of stuff that never got properly finished, and I'd much rather see what was going to happen with all of that stuff than I am with this new junk. Minus Ice's new "secret origin", obviously, that was crummy. :lol:

I'unno man. I'unno. This story partly seems like a bone for disillusioned older fans like me, but a bigger part of it feels like a giant cocktease. My default reaction to everything DC does anymore is, "Let's see how they f*ck THIS up." Versus ten years ago when I was seriously digging almost everything they put out. :ohwell:

Anybody got Mike Carlin's phone number, by chance?

CyberCubed
10-10-2015, 02:58 PM
I don't even read comics at all, I just look up wiki summaries and such to get the general gist of what's happening. :lol:

ZariusTwo
10-14-2015, 06:40 AM
A bit of a slow start to Lois and Clark but it's interesting. The Kents now go by the name "White", Lois publishes books as "Author X", and we get a brief look at how Clark, Hal, Barry and Kara prevented the original Crisis...in a battle scene where you see virtually no other hero except the ones I just mentioned tackle the Anti-Monitor. Yep.

Anyway, turns out Clark and Lois can't go back to pre-flashpoint because it's "gone forever" so they settle on New 52 Earth. Clark, as part of a mission to prevent the origins of his rouge's gallery, averts Hank Henshaw's doomed flight, but there's a bit of a twist at the end

Jon's a cute little kid too. "He shouldn't buy plastic because it isn't sustainable"

ZariusTwo
12-15-2015, 12:58 PM
It's nice to see the real Superman again. :ohwell: I just hate that inevitably, there's going to be some scenario where they have to "prove" why the new impostor they've had in the books for the last 5 years is more suitable to be Superman now. I mean, other than "passing the torch" from the real Superman to the new one, where else can you really go with this, long-term?

Nostradamus is you.

http://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/160/571/original/SM_Cv50.jpg

Both Supermen will team up in the 50th issue of the regular Superman series

Leo656
12-15-2015, 11:19 PM
Ought'a be an interesting read no matter what. I might end up swinging by the shop to pick that up.

Bry
12-16-2015, 09:17 AM
Really haven't kept up with this, but...

For readers who wanted the pre-Flashpoint Superman back on the main DCU earth, Superman: Lois and Clark is a wish come true.

Which readers wanted that specifically, though? I'd think they'd want all of the pre-Flashpoint characters back, not just Superman and Lois fitting into a inferior replacement world. v:ohwell:v

It doesn't help they're regurgitating, beat-for-beat, the same lines that Earth-2 Superman was saying when he broke back out into the main universe in Infinite Crisis, that there was something too edgy and faithless about the current reality. You have to wonder how demoralizing it is to have the "real" Superman come in and say something to the extent of "get off my lawn" to characters that the company are trying to sell on existing readers as being viable for the long-term.

And both times, even though the clear message was that the charm and heart of the DCU had been lost, the PTB refuse to change course. It's kind of maddening!

It's been this way since "Identity Crisis", right? It's much of the same "brain trust" still in charge now as then, I believe? Like, there's a deep-down understanding about what the DCU "should" be, but since that book's success they just keep increasingly chasing this oppressively dour, everyone-miserable-always grimdark tone for so much of their line. It's not a good look and it just doesn't work for most of their characters, but they're fiercely committed to it nonetheless.

Anyway, turns out Clark and Lois can't go back to pre-flashpoint because it's "gone forever" so they settle on New 52 Earth.

So... hold on. Unless I'm missing some twist here, Convergence went to great pains to restore the Pre-Flashpoint Earth (along with every other previous continuity) into the multiverse, and now they've just wiped it out again?

Leo656
12-16-2015, 10:28 AM
It's actually worse than that. In Convergence, they all actually went back and stopped Crisis On Infinite Earths from ever happening. So the entire DCU from 1986 through 2010 never even happened, technically. :roll: This "new Multiverse" is supposed to be an "evolution" or something of the original Multiverse, had the Crisis never wiped out all the parallel universes the first time. Absolutely nothing that happened between Crisis and Flashpoint ever "really" happened, anymore.

So basically they kept all the infinite universes except the GOOD one. F*cking DiDio, man.

Anyways, mileage on Identity Crisis may vary (I liked it, if for no other reason than before it came out there had been ZERO continuity between DC books for several years, and the events of that series brought everything back into one cohesive universe again, which was absolutely necessary), but MOST of everything DC was putting out between like 2004 and 2010 was really, really good. The Flashpoint mess and everything after it was done out of sales panic, not because the stories weren't good. There were some colossal misfires along the way like Countdown, Amazons Attack, Cry For Justice, etc., but those were small things in the big picture. Even the lesser stuff was tons better than what they're shoveling out now.

ZariusTwo
12-16-2015, 01:44 PM
They seem to have made a pig's ear out of the Superman/Wonder Woman thing also...while it seemed like Clark ended things with her definitively in "Truth", Dinaa tells Steve in this month's issue of JL she and Clark are "more than friends" but "not in love"...what in the arse does that even mean Geoff?

First you had Clark's "I DON'T LOVE YOU ANYMORE" from the preview sample for that issue of SS/WW rewritten in the actual book to "I don't know if I love you anymore" and now this. Either commit to the premise or you don't for f*ck's sake

Bry
12-16-2015, 01:47 PM
It's actually worse than that. In Convergence, they all actually went back and stopped Crisis On Infinite Earths from ever happening. So the entire DCU from 1986 through 2010 never even happened, technically. :roll: This "new Multiverse" is supposed to be an "evolution" or something of the original Multiverse, had the Crisis never wiped out all the parallel universes the first time. Absolutely nothing that happened between Crisis and Flashpoint ever "really" happened, anymore.

So basically they kept all the infinite universes except the GOOD one. F*cking DiDio, man.

Hold on. So if Crisis never happened, and thus Post-Crisis never happened, then how the hell did Flashpoint and the New 52 happen?

Attempting to "fix" their continuity, but instead only making the whole mess even more convoluted and ridiculous, is probably the most consistent DC move there is. :P

I'm all for doing an "everything counts" hand-wave. I mean, if you're going to reboot as often as they do, why turn off pockets of your readership any more than you have to? But "everything counts, except this" is just such a dumb, weirdly spiteful move.

Anyways, mileage on Identity Crisis may vary (I liked it, if for no other reason than before it came out there had been ZERO continuity between DC books for several years, and the events of that series brought everything back into one cohesive universe again, which was absolutely necessary), but MOST of everything DC was putting out between like 2004 and 2010 was really, really good. The Flashpoint mess and everything after it was done out of sales panic, not because the stories weren't good. There were some colossal misfires along the way like Countdown, Amazons Attack, Cry For Justice, etc., but those were small things in the big picture. Even the lesser stuff was tons better than what they're shoveling out now.

Oh, I'm with you! Post-Crisis/Pre-Flashpoint is 100% my DCU and I'd take even the worst of that over the New 52 any day of the week. And yeah, I was reading a bunch of stuff during that period too, but there was plenty of constant grimdark nonsense going on somewhere during that period. Wonder Dog eating Marvin and crippling Wendy, Dr. Light raping his way through the decade, murdered children, someone getting their limb(s) cut or blown off every three months... That kind of tone was maybe easier to ignore then than after the reboot, but IMO it was still a really gross, bad fit for most of the line.

It's like someone higher-up was embarrassed to be making superhero comics and thought injecting horrible death, maiming, and sexual violence made them more "mature" somehow. Except they were so bad at it that the opposite was true, making them read like they were written and edited by "edgy" teenage boys.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
12-16-2015, 01:59 PM
So... why were WW and Supes a couple in the first place? So DC could make a minor fortune off that "WW/Supes" shipping cover? :trolleye:

ZariusTwo
12-16-2015, 02:08 PM
So... why were WW and Supes a couple in the first place? So DC could make a minor fortune off that "WW/Supes" shipping cover? :trolleye:

We were constantly told at the time there was a plan for the pairing, and that breaking them up was part of that plan and would cause a big shake-up in the DC landscape...but no, the general message now seems to be "New 52 Clark threw a hissy fit and now has no luck with any woman", and now that they've got a Supes back that has more luck in that department, they're probably going to have him swear off ever pursuing another one.

Leo656
12-16-2015, 11:36 PM
Bry: Yeah, point taken, but only some of those things bugged me. But you're right, there was "somebody" trying to steer things consistently in that direction and his name is Dan DiDio. Man, for the first few years it seemed like he kinda had some stuff on the ball, but I think it's pretty conclusive by now that he's one of the worst people to ever steer the ship over there.

I mean the guy hated 52 and loved Countdown. That right there means you shouldn't even be allowed to WRITE comic books, let alone run a f*cking comic book company. He said Countdown was "52 done right". What else needs to be said? I'm usually against laying 100% of the praise or blame on any one person, but I'm pretty goddamn positive that every bad thing to come out of DC in the last 15 years is that guy's fault. He's so consistently f*cking STUPID.

As for WW/Superman, that was always just more pandering to the vocal minority that think only another "demigod" can properly pair with Superman. I understand the logic but it still isn't a good idea. I get why people toy with it and it's a fun idea but it shouldn't be canon.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
12-17-2015, 09:07 AM
Bry: Yeah, point taken, but only some of those things bugged me. But you're right, there was "somebody" trying to steer things consistently in that direction and his name is Dan DiDio. Man, for the first few years it seemed like he kinda had some stuff on the ball, but I think it's pretty conclusive by now that he's one of the worst people to ever steer the ship over there.

I mean the guy hated 52 and loved Countdown. That right there means you shouldn't even be allowed to WRITE comic books, let alone run a f*cking comic book company. He said Countdown was "52 done right". What else needs to be said? I'm usually against laying 100% of the praise or blame on any one person, but I'm pretty goddamn positive that every bad thing to come out of DC in the last 15 years is that guy's fault. He's so consistently f*cking STUPID.

As for WW/Superman, that was always just more pandering to the vocal minority that think only another "demigod" can properly pair with Superman. I understand the logic but it still isn't a good idea. I get why people toy with it and it's a fun idea but it shouldn't be canon.

Basically, the people who insist Lois Lanes' loins can't physically take Kryptonian lovemaking? :tlol:

MikeandRaph87
12-17-2015, 09:41 AM
The Didiot? He insulted my fan preferences to my face back at the 2009 Heroes Con. I agree in everything you said. The compent and trusted Paul Levitz was forced out for doing a good job while his number two wrote very few comic and all sucked epically. He should have stuck to TV like his ironic association with ReBoot. Can I be vice-president of the anti-fan club?

Bry
12-17-2015, 10:09 AM
He should have stuck to TV like his ironic association with ReBoot.

That's the thing that tears me about all this -- I love ReBoot. And he actually wrote and co-plotted some really great episodes during season three.

I don't know what happened in-between, because damn near everything he's done at DC has turned me off completely. :ohwell:

MikeandRaph87
12-17-2015, 11:01 AM
Some people think they can move either to the left or up and be just as effective. Truth is Didio can't be that as his few and poorly done writting assignments showed DC. My guess is he was under contract and did not know what to do with him so they made him an executive instead of parting ways. Bad move now we have to wait for the 56 year old to retire. His choice words about Dick Grayson and Barbara Gordon shows he does not know the characters and doesn't care about fan interest. Just the paycheck. Just to be clear it has nothing to do with my costumed identity preferences with the two characters.

Leo656
12-18-2015, 02:44 AM
Basically, the people who insist Lois Lanes' loins can't physically take Kryptonian lovemaking? :tlol:

Don't get me started.

Far as I know, Clark Kent still has to take a piss and brush his teeth. And his Kryptonian piss stream doesn't erupt from his pisshole with enough force to shatter the toilet bowl, nor does he shatter the sink into a million pieces when he goes to rinse and spit. Nor does he rip a doorknob off when he turns it to open a door, or cause a hurricane when he blinks his eyes. :roll:

"I guarantee you he blows a load like a shotgun right through her back" was a funny line but completely illogical if given even the tiniest bit of thought. Seriously over-thinking it for the sake of making "cute" jokes and stuff. It's silly.

Plus the comics from at least '86 and afterwards never really made it any secret that they got down. They didn't throw it in people's faces obnoxiously but there were lots of times it was implicitly implied that they were about to have sex or just got done having sex. Lots and lots of times. So it amazes me that the whole "They can't have sex" thing gained any traction at all.

Wanting to see him with Wonder Woman instead really only serves to devalue Lois. It implies that as a "mere mortal" she simply isn't good enough for Superman, but Diana is because she's a magical Amazon, she's "special", which means Lois is NOT special and doesn't deserve him. It's stupid. The whole thing is stupid.

Clark + Lois is a Day One thing, as much as the red cape and Clark's glasses. To me, it takes some brass balls to try and undo or argue against a piece of Day One Canon, and imply your idea is better or makes more sense. It's silly.

Bry
12-18-2015, 08:48 AM
Wanting to see him with Wonder Woman instead really only serves to devalue Lois. It implies that as a "mere mortal" she simply isn't good enough for Superman, but Diana is because she's a magical Amazon, she's "special", which means Lois is NOT special and doesn't deserve him. It's stupid. The whole thing is stupid.

Hey go figure, we're on the same page once again. :lol:

I have always, always hated that interpretation of Superman. If someone definines the character almost completely by his powers, they just don't get Superman at all. The SUPER and the MAN are both critically important. Hell, the MAN is a lot more important, really. The powers didn't make him a hero, being raised by Ma and Pa Kent did. Being raised human did. That's the whole point. People may see him as a god, but HE doesn't. He's not "above" regular humans -- in his mind he is absolutely one of them. Even hinting at a narrative that he "needs" to be with someone on his physical level misses the point of the character so damn much it's borderline offensive.

His attraction to Lois makes all the sense in the world. She's a hero. She doesn't have superpowers, but she's brave and principled and puts herself on the line every day to fight for truth and justice with the power of journalism. Lois Lane is Clark's superhero.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
12-18-2015, 09:41 AM
Hey go figure, we're on the same page once again. :lol:

I have always, always hated that interpretation of Superman. If someone definines the character almost completely by his powers, they just don't get Superman at all. The SUPER and the MAN are both critically important. Hell, the MAN is a lot more important, really. The powers didn't make him a hero, being raised by Ma and Pa Kent did. Being raised human did. That's the whole point. People may see him as a god, but HE doesn't. He's not "above" regular humans -- in his mind he is absolutely one of them. Even hinting at a narrative that he "needs" to be with someone on his physical level misses the point of the character so damn much it's borderline offensive.

His attraction to Lois makes all the sense in the world. She's a hero. She doesn't have superpowers, but she's brave and principled and puts herself on the line every day to fight for truth and justice with the power of journalism. Lois Lane is Clark's superhero.

Don't get me started.

Far as I know, Clark Kent still has to take a piss and brush his teeth. And his Kryptonian piss stream doesn't erupt from his pisshole with enough force to shatter the toilet bowl, nor does he shatter the sink into a million pieces when he goes to rinse and spit. Nor does he rip a doorknob off when he turns it to open a door, or cause a hurricane when he blinks his eyes. :roll:

"I guarantee you he blows a load like a shotgun right through her back" was a funny line but completely illogical if given even the tiniest bit of thought. Seriously over-thinking it for the sake of making "cute" jokes and stuff. It's silly.

Plus the comics from at least '86 and afterwards never really made it any secret that they got down. They didn't throw it in people's faces obnoxiously but there were lots of times it was implicitly implied that they were about to have sex or just got done having sex. Lots and lots of times. So it amazes me that the whole "They can't have sex" thing gained any traction at all.

Clark + Lois is a Day One thing, as much as the red cape and Clark's glasses. To me, it takes some brass balls to try and undo or argue against a piece of Day One Canon, and imply your idea is better or makes more sense. It's silly.

Leo, was "blow a load like a shotgun through her back" actually real dialogue in a real comic!? :teek: Holy crap. That's amazingly bad.

Bry
12-18-2015, 09:46 AM
Leo, was "blow a load like a shotgun through her back" actually real dialogue in a real comic!? :teek: Holy crap. That's amazingly bad.

It's a line from Mallrats:

N1AadzrK324

It's almost, almost funny that people with the same mindset about these characters as the maladjusted jackasses from a Kevin Smith movie are now running DC Comics.

ALMOST. :P

Leo656
12-18-2015, 09:44 PM
Bry wins the f*cking Gold Star for today. :lol: You're amazingly, 100% on-point, son. I don't think you could "get it" any harder than you already do. :tgrin:

I do enjoy when writers tease a Clark/Diana pairing, but that's all. Like when Byrne did it back during the revamp in '86, he wasn't with Lois yet, he met Diana, thought she was hot and pretty cool, and he tried to get with her for those exact, "Hey, we're goth demigods!" reasons, and it went all of one issue before they mutually agreed, "Yeah, this doesn't really work, but hey, we can still totally hang out!" And that's how neatly they wrapped that up, and that's where it should have stayed.

They did a neat story around 2002 or so when Clark and Diana were trapped in a parallel dimension fighting a never-ending war for hundreds of years or some sh*t, and in a moment of despair and weakness she offers herself to him, and Clark still tells her "Lois is the only one". He hasn't even seen Lois for the equivalent of forever, but he's that committed. That's pretty good, man. I wish we had more of that kinda interpretation.

Then you got Chuck Austen and his whole "Eh, I hate Lois, he should be with Lana" nonsense. Whaaaaaaat. No wonder he got kicked off his own story right before the end. F*ck THAT guy.

ZariusTwo
12-19-2015, 06:54 AM
There's also the issue where Diana offers Lois the use of her lasso of truth on her person to determine whether or not she loves Clark, and Lois doesn't take the opportunity because she trusts Diana not to try anything with him ever.

ZariusTwo
12-30-2015, 02:05 PM
I liked how they flipped the switch with Lois and Clark this week..using Blanque, a character exclusive to New 52, to challenge Supes and take him out of his sense of familiarity.

Also, IRON GIANT

http://cdn.bleedingcool.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Superman-Lois-Clark-2015-003-016-e1451482108395-600x205.jpg

ZariusTwo
01-06-2016, 07:06 AM
Leo, looks like you were right in your prediction this would'nt be the answer for a lot of fans. Sales are so bad now they've cut it down from a twelve issue series to just...eight

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/01/06/lois-clark-is-only-eight-issues-long/

Leo656
01-06-2016, 11:28 PM
Yeah, I read about it on the Homepage. :ohwell: Apparently a lot of fans foresee the inevitable "torch-passing" conclusion and would rather either skip the whole thing or wait for the trade. They're arguing they can't get emotionally invested in the story because they have no hope that the "real" Superman will ever be the main one again and aren't interested in being cockteased, even if the intentions are good.

It really was a no-win situation. They had one last chance with Convergence to undo Flashpoint and make everyone happy. Instead they went ahead and undid Crisis, instead, because DC is THAT good lately at completely missing the point of everything. This little "pat-on-the-head" project, where fans could get one last glimpse of the real Superman before they have him step offstage forever in favor of the New 52 usurper, never really had anywhere it could actually go.

Ah well.

ZariusTwo
01-07-2016, 05:23 AM
DC best just have the Kents pass off into limbo and come back on occasion to give the current Clark and Lois pep talks now and then, I don't want him killed off, but given I was there when they also killed off Golden Age Supes and Lois a decade ago, I wouldn't put it past them.

ZariusTwo
01-28-2016, 03:45 AM
The Kents play a role in DC's upcoming Rebirth event

http://www.newsarama.com/27726-jurgens-talks-pre-flashpoint-superman-teases-rebirth.html

Really love that DC are integrating an iconic relationship into their events, makes for a refreshing change

ZariusTwo
02-11-2016, 09:47 AM
Superman#50 has undergone both a cover and solit change. Patrick Zircher and Ardian Syaf, and Jon Bogdanove have also since been added to the creative team for the book.

http://cdn.bleedingcool.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/STK699710-600x931.jpg

With Superman back at full power, he takes the fight right to Vandal Savage in the epic conclusion to Savage Dawn! You won’t want to miss Vandal’s vision of Krypton – and a glimpse at dark future he might rule!

The original synopsis for the solit (and the cover) promised New 52 Superman would meet Pre-Flashpoint Superman, but that now seems to be off the table. Possibly because they have major plans for Rebirth for Lois and Clark

ZariusTwo
02-13-2016, 02:44 AM
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/0/40/5046843-super-league_janin_promo.jpg

More details on Super League. Pre-Flashpoint Clark will meet New 52 Clark in, appropriately enough, Issue 52 instead of Issue 50

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/articles/peter-tomasis-super-league-revealed/1100-154904/

myconius
03-01-2016, 09:03 AM
i was hesitant to let myself get invested in the new Lois & Clark story, but i finally broke down and i'm glad i did.

these mere 5 issues of Lois & Clark have been more enjoyable than the entirety of 1 through whatever issues (gotta include the crossovers) of New 52 Superman.

it was pretty awful reading a Superman book where both his earth parents have died before he left Smallville, and he obviously has feelings for Lois but she treats him like a jerk!

i mean they even had in one of the early issues where Clark goes to see Lois, and she answers the door wearing nothing but her (then) boyfriend's shirt.
as Clark leaves with his Super hearing hears Lois's boyfriend tell her to get back in bed!

talk about TRASH!!!!

as for Lois's (then) Boyfriend?? i can't even remember his name!
a very 2 dimensional character with no other purpose but to be "the OTHER man"

of the things i'm enjoying about the Lois & Clack series is the characters feel genuine, and they actually talk the way real people do! not forced lines of dialog.

i'm going to pick up the final 3 issues as well. might as well enjoy a good Superman title while it lasts?
i'm really afraid this "controversial" event that Didio is hinting towards for 'Rebirth' is to kill off Lois & Clark?

but i have a feeling that their Son Jonathan with become Superboy?

i dunno? this is just the sinking feeling i'm getting. :ohwell:

ZariusTwo
03-06-2016, 04:43 AM
Marvel's senior editor Tom Brevoort revealed Lois and Clark was his favourite DC title last night.

Tom F*cking Brevoort.

The man who's gone on record as saying both Superman and Spider-Man's marriages were mistakes, and a man who works for a company that did a lot over the last decade plus to destroy every iconic marriage and pairing they ever had.

myconius
03-06-2016, 09:34 AM
Marvel's senior editor Tom Brevoort revealed Lois and Clark was his favourite DC title last night.

Tom F*cking Brevoort.

The man who's gone on record as saying both Superman and Spider-Man's marriages were mistakes, and a man who works for a company that did a lot over the last decade plus to destroy every iconic marriage and pairing they ever had.

just like a typical hypocrite!!!

ZariusTwo
03-18-2016, 02:59 PM
So in Issue Six, Lois and Clark finally react to the events of "Truth"

myconius
03-18-2016, 04:28 PM
So in Issue Six, Lois and Clark finally react to the events of "Truth"

that's this coming Wednesday right?

i picked up 1-5 a few weeks ago and added it to my pull-list.

very satisfying read!

ZariusTwo
03-26-2016, 04:03 PM
Looks like Pre-Flashpoint Supes has been given a promotion to the main Superman book, and will be handed by Peter Tomasi

https://zaredit.files.wordpress.com/2016/03/supes.jpg

myconius
03-26-2016, 04:53 PM
Looks like Pre-Flashpoint Supes has been given a promotion to the main Superman book, and will be handed by Peter Tomasi

https://zaredit.files.wordpress.com/2016/03/supes.jpg

NICE!!!!!! and it looks like Tomasi is paired up with Pat Gleason again!!
i'll definitely have to check this one out now! :D

ZariusTwo
03-26-2016, 06:14 PM
I'm hearing that Jurgens just confirmed Tomasi's Superman is still New 52 Supes, so that cover just might be connected to Tomasi's "Super Leauge" story. Action Comics, by Jurgens, will feature pre-flashpoint Superman and his family though.

myconius
03-26-2016, 06:32 PM
I'm hearing that Jurgens just confirmed Tomasi's Superman is still New 52 Supes, so that cover just might be connected to Tomasi's "Super Leauge" story. Action Comics, by Jurgens, will feature pre-flashpoint Superman and his family though.

wow! a universe with both versions of Superman???
that's really a surprise!!!

ZariusTwo
03-27-2016, 05:42 AM
Just watched a comicvine interview with Jurgens.

So pre-flashpoint Superman and Lois move to Metropolis with their son, and Lex Luthor shows up with superpowers declaring himself as the Metropolis Superman. A mysterious mastermind unleashes Doomsday and it prompts both Lex and Clark to combat him...but also on the scene is another Clark Kent, covering the battle, and everyone in Metropolis is stunned at this development.

So it looks like they're again putting the secret identity back in the bottle.

I haven't seen anyone claiming New 52 Superman is in the main Superman book cite their sources, so they may have made that up and we're getting the married Superman back as the main guy. We'll see.

myconius
03-27-2016, 02:49 PM
Just watched a comicvine interview with Jurgens.

So pre-flashpoint Superman and Lois move to Metropolis with their son, and Lex Luthor shows up with superpowers declaring himself as the Metropolis Superman. A mysterious mastermind unleashes Doomsday and it prompts both Lex and Clark to combat him...but also on the scene is another Clark Kent, covering the battle, and everyone in Metropolis is stunned at this development.

So it looks like they're again putting the secret identity back in the bottle.

I haven't seen anyone claiming New 52 Superman is in the main Superman book cite their sources, so they may have made that up and we're getting the married Superman back as the main guy. We'll see.

yeah, it'd be too corn-holio to have both supermen around!
i wouldn't even care if they did some stunt where they just fused both versions of Lois and both Superman into each other just so we have one of each.

time of corse will tell?

ZariusTwo
03-28-2016, 01:21 PM
Full DC Solits are out, and it's official. Happily married family man Superman is the main Superman going forward!

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/03/28/the-full-dc-comics-solicitations-for-june-2016-with-the-new-logos-on-the-covers-dcrebirth/

http://cdn.bleedingcool.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/STL007338-600x923.jpg

SUPERMAN: REBIRTH #1
Written by PETER J. TOMASI
Art by DOUG MAHNKE and JAIME MENDOZA
Cover by DOUG MAHNKE
Variant cover by ANDY PARK
The world needs a Man of Steel, but can Superman protect the world while raising a super-son with his wife, Lois Lane?
IT BEGINS: Now it’s Clark’s turn to be Pa Kent and teach his son what it means to be super, but who is hunting Superman’s son—and why?
One-shot • On sale JUNE 1 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

SUPERMAN #1
Written by PETER J. TOMASI
Art and cover by PATRICK GLEASON and MICK GRAY
Variant cover by KENNETH ROCAFORT
NOW SHIPPING TWICE MONTHLY!
“THE SON OF SUPERMAN” chapter one
The Last Son of Krypton must decide whether to help his young son use his new and rapidly increasing abilities, or hide them from the world.
THE CREATORS: The team supreme that brought fans the adventures of Damian Wayne in “Batman and Robin” returns for the adventures of Superman and his offspring.
On sale JUNE 15 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

myconius
03-28-2016, 01:33 PM
full dc solits are out, and it's official. Happily married family man superman is the main superman going forward!

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/03/28/the-full-dc-comics-solicitations-for-june-2016-with-the-new-logos-on-the-covers-dcrebirth/

http://cdn.bleedingcool.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/stl007338-600x923.jpg

yesssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

ZariusTwo
03-31-2016, 03:20 PM
So long N52 Supes...for now

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/03/31/its-really-not-been-supermans-week-bvs-and-jla-spoilers/

myconius
03-31-2016, 03:41 PM
So long N52 Supes...for now

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/03/31/its-really-not-been-supermans-week-bvs-and-jla-spoilers/

i'm not sure if this is going to affect the version that's currently in 'Superman' or 'Action Comics' right now?

both JLA as well as Geoff Johns' Justice League have been going against the "continuity" of the rest of the other DC titles for a while now?

especially since neither book has made the slightest mention of depowered T-shirt wearing Supes or Jim Gordon Robo-Bats.

i grew so sick and tired of both titles i threw them BOTH in a lot bundled together on ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/322053749743?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

just to be rid of them both!!!

i dropped J.L. just in time too!!!

Geoff Johns is planning to reveal the Joker's actual name in JL #50

seriously!!! ... that guy should not be allowed near anything Batman related!

ZariusTwo
04-01-2016, 05:08 AM
i'm not sure if this is going to affect the version that's currently in 'Superman' or 'Action Comics' right now?

both JLA as well as Geoff Johns' Justice League have been going against the "continuity" of the rest of the other DC titles for a while now?

especially since neither book has made the slightest mention of depowered T-shirt wearing Supes or Jim Gordon Robo-Bats.

That's because Jones was allowed to set his story long after those events ended, hell WW is even busy trying to get back with Steve in the arc and going on about how she and Clark are just friends again after Clark dumped her ass in Truth

Here's a new interview with Jurgens that claims N52 Supes will stand "side by side" with pre-flashpoint (although this seems like clickbait as it only really mentions the new Clark Kent and not N52 Supes specifically)

http://www.newsarama.com/28639-action-comics-writer-said-pre-flashpoint-superman-will-be-side-by-side-with-new-52-s-superman.html

myconius
04-01-2016, 08:28 AM
That's because Jones was allowed to set his story long after those events ended, hell WW is even busy trying to get back with Steve in the arc and going on about how she and Clark are just friends again after Clark dumped her ass in Truth

Here's a new interview with Jurgens that claims N52 Supes will stand "side by side" with pre-flashpoint (although this seems like clickbait as it only really mentions the new Clark Kent and not N52 Supes specifically)

http://www.newsarama.com/28639-action-comics-writer-said-pre-flashpoint-superman-will-be-side-by-side-with-new-52-s-superman.html

dang! what a hole they've dug for themselves???
they keep changing their minds on continuity, and i for one really have no idea what to make of any of this now?

i'm tempted by some of the upcoming titles, but i see how the quality has quickly DROPPED over the years! like, to the point of do i just walk away from it for good?

guess i'll try some of it first and see?

ZariusTwo
04-10-2016, 03:29 PM
rBRjuKs_Hc8

ZariusTwo
06-01-2016, 06:15 AM
Superman: Rebirth was alright, no action, misleading cover, but alright. Lois and Jon don't show up at all, the whole thing is Clark and Lana going to the N52 Fortress with the ashes of N52 Supes, we learn that there is no regeneration matrix in the New 52 and Clark makes peace with the fact N52 Supes is gone. He allows Lana to bury him next to Ma and Pa back in Kansas and then puts together a statue of N52 Supes in the fortress

myconius
06-01-2016, 06:20 AM
Superman: Rebirth was alright, no action, misleading cover, but alright. Lois and Jon don't show up at all, the whole thing is Clark and Lana going to the N52 Fortress with the ashes of N52 Supes, we learn that there is no regeneration matrix in the New 52 and Clark makes peace with the fact N52 Supes is gone. He allows Lana to bury him next to Ma and Pa back in Kansas and then puts together a statue of N52 Supes in the fortress

a sad but fitting end. :tcry:

i read New 52 Superman and Action Comics all the way from #1 to #50.
poor guy never got a break!

well, at least he went out like a hero and they didn't do some stupid Paralax Evil-Possession crap to him?

ZariusTwo
06-06-2016, 09:58 AM
Preview for this week's Action Comics

http://www.comicbookresources.com/comic-previews/action-comics-957-dc-comics-2016

Clark Classic getting straight into the (pun totally intended) Action. Off comes the beard and into the super-suit right off the bat.

Maggie Sawyer is back in Metropolis and a part of the Superline again after a decade plus in the Bat-Books

ZariusTwo
06-15-2016, 05:45 AM
Wow, Superman#1 was pretty grim

Jon is playing with his cat when an eagle snatches it, he fries the bird with his heat vision but also kills the cat at the same time, and it's mangled, charred burning corpse falls to his feet

myconius
06-15-2016, 06:52 PM
Wow, Superman#1 was pretty grim

Jon is playing with his cat when an eagle snatches it, he fries the bird with his heat vision but also kills the cat at the same time, and it's mangled, charred burning corpse falls to his feet

seems like they are making up for the New 52 mishap by giving Superman good quality writing from the get go!

ZariusTwo
06-16-2016, 04:32 AM
Actually, I thought that bit was pretty good, it gives Jon a little taste of the reality and consequence of his powers.

myconius
06-16-2016, 06:07 AM
Actually, I thought that bit was pretty good, it gives Jon a little taste of the reality and consequence of his powers.

definitely was a shocker! and pretty heartbreaking as well! (for Jon AND Goldie)
Tomasi has written some of my favorite comics in recent years. (not that ALL of it was Gold :lol: ) but a good most of his Batman & Robin stuff.
it's good to see him adding those same layers of emotion now with these characters.

ZariusTwo
06-16-2016, 08:03 AM
definitely was a shocker! and pretty heartbreaking as well! (for Jon AND Goldie)
Tomasi has written some of my favorite comics in recent years. (not that ALL of it was Gold :lol: ) but a good most of his Batman & Robin stuff.
it's good to see him adding those same layers of emotion now with these characters.

Oh, so you liked it too? Great, I thought you were being snarky about the quality there (hard to tell on the internet, and given your current stance on collecting DC books)

I'm fairly new to Tomasi but he impressed me a lot with "Final Days" and his Rebirth stuff so far...maybe if he goes for an action/horror motiff he can really do something that sets the book, and Jon, apart from Jurgens' more wholesome and old-fashioned approach (not that there's anything wrong with that)

myconius
06-16-2016, 09:13 AM
Oh, so you liked it too? Great, I thought you were being snarky about the quality there (hard to tell on the internet, and given your current stance on collecting DC books)

I'm fairly new to Tomasi but he impressed me a lot with "Final Days" and his Rebirth stuff so far...maybe if he goes for an action/horror motiff he can really do something that sets the book, and Jon, apart from Jurgens' more wholesome and old-fashioned approach (not that there's anything wrong with that)

i'm actually surprised to admit i actually enjoyed it! though given how much i loved Tomasi's Batman & Robin i had a feeling i'd like this as well???
(though i didn't actually buy it! i kinda read it and put it back on the shelf. >_>)
but i've been thinking that even though i'm not going to spill all my duckets on bi-weekly books that mayyyyybe i'd consider possibly getting the collected version when they release it about a year from now? ....maybe? :lol:
(i'm still miffed at all the dough i wasted buying those weekly Batman series only to have the ending fall flat)

but you're really lucky cuz it seems like Superman is getting much better writers, and much more compelling stories.
where from what i've seen of the "Hot New" Batman title, with Batman riding a commercial aircraft like it were a bobsled, it almost seems like a parody?? :roll:
not a good time to be a Batman fan!!!

so far both Jurgens and Tomasi's rebirth Superman really seems to be pretty solid.

but that 'Goldie' incident is STILL haunting me!!! :lol:

ZariusTwo
06-16-2016, 09:19 AM
iwhere from what i've seen of the "Hot New" Batman title, with Batman riding a commercial aircraft like it were a bobsled, it almost seems like a parody?? :roll:
not a good time to be a Batman fan!!!

I was meaning to make mention of that in the "Relaunch" thread...bonkers, oh and it HAD to throw in the tired Dark Knight "hero we deserve" meme too :roll: (That's usually what Marvel writers tend to do, quote internet stuff)

myconius
06-16-2016, 09:27 AM
[QUOTE=myconius;1592484]iwhere from what i've seen of the "Hot New" Batman title, with Batman riding a commercial aircraft like it were a bobsled, it almost seems like a parody?? :roll:
not a good time to be a Batman fan!!! /QUOTE]

I was meaning to make mention of that in the "Relaunch" thread...bonkers, oh and it HAD to throw in the tired Dark Knight "hero we deserve" meme too :roll: (That's usually what Marvel writers tend to do, quote internet stuff)

OH MY GAWD!!!! when they threw in the "hero we deserve" crap i literally wanted to get sick!!!! :roll:
this crud seriously reads like bad fan fiction!!!

i was waiting for a Shark to pop out of the water and Batman zap it with the 'Anti-Shark-Repellant' and then have Joker to come out of the cockpit and say "WHYYY SOOO SERIOUS??? WAIT TILL THEY GET A LOAD OF ME!!!!" :lol:

ZariusTwo
06-22-2016, 06:22 AM
More fighting this week. I've seen people complain a bit about every issue is just nothing but a clash, but I liked how they're building on the new Clark Kent.

ZariusTwo
07-28-2016, 01:08 AM
So Wonder Woman meets Lois and Jon this issue and is A-OK with both of them.

ZariusTwo
08-10-2016, 09:48 AM
Looks like they've

Killed off N52 Lois now

ZariusTwo
09-20-2016, 12:29 PM
Preview of Action Comics#965 as PF-Lois returns to the Daily Planet

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/lois-lane-is-missing-but-another-lois-shows-up-at-/1100-6443692/

Despite the fact she is visibly older, nobody seems to be suspicious about her. Keep in mind that even Lois is surprised at how easy things have been for her here, which makes me think the forces meddling in the DC Universe are "adjusting" reality so people are more accepting of the older Lois and Clark (this would possibly ties in to why Diana was so accepting of Clark in Path of Doom as soon as they met)