PDA

View Full Version : Finally saw the "Series Finale" of Futurama.....

Dr. Doom
09-15-2003, 02:54 PM
....and it sucked. Just like the rest of the recent episodes. Don't get me wrong, it had a couple good moments, but everything recent I've seen has just been completely lacking the comedic edge that made the older episodes so great.

Barkworm
09-15-2003, 02:55 PM
What happened in that episode?

Dr. Doom
09-15-2003, 02:56 PM
-=PMs him in case people don't wanna have it spoiled=-

Mars-Chan
09-15-2003, 03:00 PM
Good choice of answering, Doom. :D

That Matt Guy
09-15-2003, 03:02 PM
I guess, but I'm sure Stryker already blabbed about what happened in that old thread about the episode.

Dane E5R
09-16-2003, 06:19 AM
Man, I wanna know..

Dr. Doom
09-16-2003, 01:32 PM
I'll forward ya the PM

cqb101
09-16-2003, 04:32 PM
Can you send it to me too?

Dr. Doom
09-16-2003, 10:44 PM
Oh for the luva.............Here, I'll post it.

******SPOILER ALERT!!!*******
DO NOT CONTINUE READING THIS POST IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO KNOW THE OUTCOME OF FUTURAMA'S MEDIOCRE SERIES FINALE!!!!
*The events of the last episode transpired as follows.

Fry was still practicing his Holophoner that he could play when those worms in his body made him smart, but obviously, he wasn't very good. So Bender let him know he could sell his soul to the robot devil for new hands. The Robot Devil, out of fairness, spun the wheel of robots to decide who's robotic, and therefore faster hands Fry would receive. Ironically, the wheel chose the robot devil. So they switched hands and Fry became a virtuoso. The devil hated Fry's hand's tho, so he set out on a scheme to get his hands, or someone else's. Fry eventually was commissioned to write an Opera, which he wrote about his undying love for Leela. The Devil, hellbent on getting better hands, then tried to convince Bender to give his up. Bender refused, and instead, traded his crotch-plate for an air-horn on his face. The first person Bender saw, Leela, got a very loud air horn blast in her face, causing her to go deaf. Not only that, but when Bender tried to exclaim "Bite my shiney metal ass", he was shocked to discover his crotchplate had been traded away, therefore, he had none to bite. Anyways, at the opera, Leela laments that she would give anything top hear Fry's opera. Enter the Robot Devil, who agrees to give her robotic ears for only one of her hands, which he will collect later. The opera goes great until Fry's depiction of The devil in his opera angers the real thing. He then tells Fry that he traded Leela robotic ears for her hand.......in marriage. And so Fry chose to give up the devil's hands in order to save Leela. The episode ends with Leela telling Fry to keep playing. He continues, though not very well, and the show comes to a close with a deformed looking image of Leela and Fry from the Holophonor kissing, holding hands, and walking away into the distance.