PDA

View Full Version : Season 3 airing on Nicktoons July 25th!

Chaotix12345
07-14-2015, 06:45 AM
Just checked my DVR and noticed that Season 3 of 2k3 will be making its Nicktoons debut on Saturday, July 25th as a part of the TMNT Nation event! (Starting with "The Christmas Aliens," oddly enough. Guess they were going by the DVD release date, but didn't want to split up the parts of the season opener.) Perfect chance for those who usually have to rely on Youtube uploads to watch it on a TV for once without tracking down those rare, expensive messes of DVDs.

I still have the recordings of Seasons 1 and 2 on my DVR from last year and I haven't gotten around to rewatching them yet, so I might actually wait for this and binge watch 2k3 on my Birthday. ^_^ (I'm guessing it won't be long until we see this Season on iTunes as well given that the last two were added pretty quickly after airing on Nicktoons.)

The Turtle Terminator
07-14-2015, 06:48 AM
Lucky US Nicktoons. Any word on a UK showing?

Aaronardo
07-14-2015, 07:51 AM
It's about time :tgrumble:
I was wondering why they never showed Season 3 when they first aired the first two seasons. I mean, Exodus pretty much ends the first main arc of the series, wouldn't it make sense to end it there?
Eh, whatever, I'm totally watching this :D

TheSkeletonMan939
07-14-2015, 08:09 AM
(Starting with "The Christmas Aliens," oddly enough)

I believe the Christmas special was always intended to be the first episode in the season.

But it aired much later than other episodes so that it premiere on the holiday itself.

The biggest giveaway is probably that Leatherhead, despite being rescued several episodes ago in airdate order, in nowhere to be seen in "Christmas Aliens".

Does Nicktoons air in HD?

I'm wondering if there's a slight chance Nick is using HD masters (if they exist).

CyberCubed
07-14-2015, 09:18 AM
More proof that DVD sets are coming. Season 3 will surely also be added to itunes after just like Seasons 1-2 were.

See, everyone was complaining for no reason. Most likely all of the 2k3 series will air on Nicktoons, get uploaded to itunes, and then get proper DVD sets. Since this is also only a few months after Seasons 1-2 aired.

DarthRaphael
07-14-2015, 09:28 AM
As someone who hasn't seen the entire 2K3 series I'm excited for this. I would love a DVD set of this if released.

Bry
07-14-2015, 09:41 AM
Great to hear! I don't get Nicktoons (or cable at all at the moment) but more of the show out there is always a good thing. I guess this means Nick intends to release the whole thing bit by bit as part of these "events".

I've only got a few of the old S3 DVDs, so fingers crossed this will lead to a proper release at some point.

TheSkeletonMan939
07-14-2015, 09:44 AM
More proof that DVD sets are coming. Season 3 will surely also be added to itunes after just like Seasons 1-2 were.

That's what everyone said when seasons 1 and 2 aired on Nicktoons. And were put on iTunes.

I just don't have faith in Nickelodeon to treat this series well. :tsad:

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
07-14-2015, 09:50 AM
Great to hear! I don't get Nicktoons (or cable at all at the moment) but more of the show out there is always a good thing. I guess this means Nick intends to release the whole thing bit by bit as part of these "events".

I've only got a few of the old S3 DVDs, so fingers crossed this will lead to a proper release at some point.

I hope so, too... I really want to get this series on DVD, and if I can avoid scrounging on Amazon and eBay, all the better.

That's what everyone said when seasons 1 and 2 aired on Nicktoons. And were put on iTunes.

Sadly, word.

Aaronardo
07-14-2015, 10:10 AM

See, everyone was complaining for no reason. Most likely all of the 2k3 series will air on Nicktoons, get uploaded to itunes, and then get proper DVD sets. Since this is also only a few months after Seasons 1-2 aired.

I want to see this, and want to believe this, but at this point, it's mostly wishful thinking :/

ABrown
07-14-2015, 10:14 AM
Just checked my DVR and noticed that Season 3 of 2k3 will be making its Nicktoons debut on Saturday, July 25th as a part of the TMNT Nation event! (Starting with "The Christmas Aliens," oddly enough. Guess they were going by the DVD release date, but didn't want to split up the parts of the season opener.)

"The Christmas Aliens" actually was the first episode of the season (http://turtlepedia.wikia.com/wiki/The_Christmas_Aliens_(2003_episode)). But it was moved towards the middle of the season to air closer to Christmas.

CyberCubed
07-14-2015, 12:51 PM

I waited from 2004-2012 for Lionsgate to release the entire original cartoon on DVD. I can wait from 2012-whenver for Nick to give us proper DVD boxsets.

Reminder that Nick has only started putting out TMNT merchandize since 2012 (not counting IDW in 2011), its only been 3 years.

SixthTurtle
07-15-2015, 06:44 PM

I'd love to see some season sets. I can't stand seeing a series released in volumes.

THGhost
07-19-2015, 08:02 PM
Good for them. Hopefully this will lead to DVD releases someday.

The-Shredder
07-20-2015, 01:05 PM
They are also going to air season 4 starting on August 1st.

CyberCubed
07-20-2015, 01:07 PM
They are also going to air season 4 starting on August 1st.

See they are doing exactly what the fans want.

The-Shredder
07-20-2015, 01:15 PM

Yeah, but what I'm really waiting for is some new merchandise right about now, preferably a high quality collector's DVD/Blu-ray Battle Shell box set. :D

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
07-20-2015, 01:18 PM

No they're not.

I don't see any Season Sets yet, do you?

CyberCubed
07-20-2015, 01:19 PM
No they're not.

I don't see any Season Sets yet, do you?

That will happen in due time.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
07-20-2015, 01:34 PM
That will happen in due time.

It's become more likely, yes.

But it's still definitely not a sure thing. As much as you and I both want to shell out (pun!) our hard-earned cash for 4Kids TMNT Season Sets, there's still no official confirmation that this is coming.

After all, why the insulting half-assed DVDs they've recently released?

THGhost
07-20-2015, 01:43 PM
"Testing the waters" by releasing the small DVD releases isn't going to make Nick think anyone wants full season sets because nobody is going to buy the small releases. :roll:

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
07-20-2015, 01:49 PM
"Testing the waters" by releasing the small DVD releases isn't going to make Nick think anyone wants full season sets because nobody is going to buy the small releases. :roll:

Exactly. Thank you, THGhost.

Danetello
08-01-2015, 06:09 PM
Did anyone else notice that today the 'Wing and Prayer' episode was listed as Fast Forward. I had to set my DVR separately for it because it was called "Fast Forward", and not linked with the rest of the series!
Just thought I'd mention it so that other people can be careful to record all episodes - my DVR would have missed it otherwise.

Cure
08-08-2015, 08:03 AM
Does Nicktoons air in HD?

I'm wondering if there's a slight chance Nick is using HD masters (if they exist).

Yes, I saw Good Genes and the episode after that last night on Nicktoons HD. It was aired in its original 4:3 format.

TheSkeletonMan939
08-08-2015, 08:15 AM
Yes, I saw Good Genes and the episode after that last night on Nicktoons HD. It was aired in its original 4:3 format.

... But in standard definition, right?

Cure
08-08-2015, 08:42 AM
Iiiii guess I just assumed yes since it wasn't in widescreen. Haha, my bad. Besides the bars on the side, it looked fine, though. Not blurry or anything.

oceanfr
08-08-2015, 11:04 PM
About time. Will try to see some episodes.

Mew
08-08-2015, 11:05 PM
Did anyone else notice that today the 'Wing and Prayer' episode was listed as Fast Forward. I had to set my DVR separately for it because it was called "Fast Forward", and not linked with the rest of the series!
Just thought I'd mention it so that other people can be careful to record all episodes - my DVR would have missed it otherwise.
I did. Was it on Comcast's X1 system?