PDA

View Full Version : How would you feel about a crossover with the 2003 Toon?

Mugic
07-16-2015, 07:35 AM
Since we know a crossover between the Nick turtles and FW turtles is coming, do you think the producers of the show should go full circle and do an eventual crossover with the 2k3 series or should it be left alone? I know most fans here of the Nick show dislike the 2003 show with a passion but i wanted to know how they'll feel about the idea of the Nick turtles meeting the 2003 turtles as well.

Mew
07-16-2015, 07:37 AM
Yes. Ane, if done correctly, the OT Turtles. I doubt they would call it Turtles Forever 2, so Turtles In Time could work as well.

DarkLightDragon
07-16-2015, 08:42 AM
Honestly I'm too used to 2k3 getting the blind eye from Nick that they'd do anything special with the property, especially if they already don't put in good effort for proper DVD release. I can understand they don't want to detract attention from their own series by giving it competition, but c'mon.

There's also the matter of them getting the, if not most, of the voice cast.

Rat A Tat
07-16-2015, 09:15 AM
Honestly I'm too used to 2k3 getting the blind eye from Nick that they'd do anything special with the property, especially if they already don't put in good effort for proper DVD release. I can understand they don't want to detract attention from their own series by giving it competition, but c'mon.

There's also the matter of them getting the, if not most, of the voice cast.

Yeah isn't there some sort of union-related issue that would prevent them from being able to hire to 2003 cast? Like with Turtles Forever not being able to hire the OT cast?

DarkLightDragon
07-16-2015, 09:21 AM
I dunno. I wouldn't know anything about stuff like that.

Hate to be a cynic about this, but I've long accepted 2012 is what they want to focus on from here on out and just treat everything before it with a "Yeah, that was a thing. Let it air on occasion, but not too often."

ssjup81
07-16-2015, 09:45 AM
Hm, if they did a crossover with the 2k3 turtles, we won't get Rob talking to himself. :lol:

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
07-16-2015, 10:13 AM
No. :tthumbsd:

victory_angel
07-16-2015, 11:30 AM
It is possible to get a 2k3 cross over. But the Nick Turtles are going to need to have a reason to meet their 2k3 counter parts rather then just randomly showing them.

For example the Nick Turtles meeting the OT Turtles could have been left to that one dimension the Nick Turtles looked in to and said "Hey, that's us..."

And then the Kraathatrogon and by subsequent Tiger Claw are things that are tying the OT world and the Nick World together. And Nick Show could have a reference to Turtles forever by having one of the Turtles say offhandedly that they had encountered other versions of themselves before.

If they did encounter the 2k3 Turtles, one of the things I can see happening is Donnie looking over Donny's lab and saying "Wow, this is the lab I've always dreamed about!"

Raph: (turns to 2k3 Raph) If I ever start having dreams about Laboratories, hurt me.

Cure
07-16-2015, 11:34 AM
I wouldn't be into it.

CyberCubed
07-16-2015, 01:11 PM
Due to Union issues they won't be able to get the same voice actors for the 2k3 Turtles, so I'd rather not. Its the same reason they couldn't use the original voices for Turtles Forever because it was done under 4kids.

Can you imagine sound-a-likes for the 2k3 Turtles?

LeotheLateBloomer
07-16-2015, 01:51 PM
You guys are forgetting that 4Kids is no longer around. And Mike Sinterniklaas and Sam Riegel voiced in a lot of cartoons outside 4Kids.

victory_angel
07-16-2015, 02:07 PM
You guys are forgetting that 4Kids is no longer around. And Mike Sinterniklaas and Sam Riegel voiced in a lot of cartoons outside 4Kids.

Yeah I've seen Mike Sinterniklaas with Funimation Dubs such as Summer Wars.

neatoman
07-16-2015, 02:07 PM
Also, wasn't the main reason 4Kids couldn't afford or didn't want to pay what the union actors ask for? If money was the problem for Turtles Forever, then I don't think there's much problem here.

Rat A Tat
07-16-2015, 02:50 PM
Also, wasn't the main reason 4Kids couldn't afford or didn't want to pay what the union actors ask for? If money was the problem for Turtles Forever, then I don't think there's much problem here.

I thought it was a contract issue - that because 4Kids wasn't unionized, they couldn't do the work. I could be completely wrong though.

Klunk1234
07-16-2015, 03:13 PM
Hm, if they did a crossover with the 2k3 turtles, we won't get Rob talking to himself. :lol:

True. I would like to see a crossover with the 2k3 TMNT ( they having their design from the 1-5 seasons)

Powder
07-16-2015, 05:11 PM
I like the 4kids series but I don't see the point. The OT is, like it or not, a globally recognized property whose fans are of all ages. It gets connected to the new stuff because virtually every turtle fan likes it, & even casual fans who wouldn't wanna watch the Nick series are likely to tune in so as to revisit their childhood. The 4kids series does not have that kind of fandom or draw, it wouldn't be something widely publicized nor would it help much to boost ratings. It would be a high cost for the sake of appealing to a very small demographic with little to no payoff.

Would I watch it? In a heartbeat. Would I love it? Absolutely. But it isn't gonna happen, & that's fine with me, because I'm realistic.

IndigoErth
07-16-2015, 05:36 PM
I'd have no problem with that, I like all three series on their own merits.

Though given the difference in tone and character maturity, I do feel like it would mesh a little better with them if we were able to pretend the 2003 guys at this point are also older (but still otherwise keeping them the same as their series), so not only a different universe but also maybe a decade or so forward in time as well.

sdp
07-16-2015, 05:43 PM
There's an actual OT and Nick show crossover coming? Or another cameo? Last time it was billed as a crossover as well. Would it be both art styles mixed or the Nick turtles being drawn in 2D.

Edit:Of course I'd love a 2k3 crossover if it were to happen. I'd even take a cameo.

Mona_Lisa
07-16-2015, 05:49 PM
Since we know a crossover between the Nick turtles and FW turtles is coming, do you think the producers of the show should go full circle and do an eventual crossover with the 2k3 series or should it be left alone? I know most fans here of the Nick show dislike the 2003 show with a passion but i wanted to know how they'll feel about the idea of the Nick turtles meeting the 2003 turtles as well.

For the most part I liked The 2003 Turtles, I just didn't like Turtles forever. I'll admit my 80's turtles are corny, but 4kids just took it to far and made them beyond stupid.
Anyway, After the 80's crossover I am cool with a 2003 crossover as well!:tthumbsu:

SixthTurtle
07-17-2015, 07:23 PM
I'd watch it, I guess.

For the most part I liked The 2003 Turtles, I just didn't like Turtles forever. I'll admit my 80's turtles are corny, but 4kids just took it to far and made them beyond stupid.
Anyway, After the 80's crossover I am cool with a 2003 crossover as well!:tthumbsu:

But the way the 2003 turtles reacted to them was hilarious. :lol:

Metalwolf
07-17-2015, 09:16 PM
I like the 4kids series but I don't see the point. The OT is, like it or not, a globally recognized property whose fans are of all ages. No offense, but there wasn't a point to the OT crossover either. You could omit it, and nothing important would change. :twink:

Anyway, After the 80's crossover I am cool with a 2003 crossover as well! :tthumbsu:I didn't like it either, I hated the whole movie from start to finish. But I agree with the 2k3 crossover- why not give those fans their due? :D

Powder
07-17-2015, 09:53 PM
The point, which I already made perfectly clear in my post, was to draw attention to the series from more casual fans to boost ratings, besides the obvious "paying homage" nature of it. Whether or not the series canon benefited from it is another thing entirely. I take no offense, I am not a Fred Wolf fanboy.

CyberCubed
07-17-2015, 10:56 PM
At the time Turtles Forever was made they crossover with the two biggest universes at the time (Original Cartoon and Mirage), with 2k3. That was the point, the 3 biggest universes together. The movies and Archie got references.

Back then neither IDW nor Nick existed, so Turtles Forever was the 25 years of history up to that point. There were only two TMNT cartoons at that time, what did you expect?

ssjup81
07-18-2015, 10:47 AM
No offense, but there wasn't a point to the OT crossover either. You could omit it, and nothing important would change. :twink:Rob is part of the cast...it would be a missed opportunity NOT to.

jenna
07-20-2015, 03:00 PM
I know fans for various properties go nuts for crossovers, but personally I don't get it. If they do it it would be serving the fans rather than serving the plot. It might be fun but I'd rather Nick just occupied its own universe and did it with quality, rather than encroaching on others and piggy-backing off gimmicks like crossovers.

Turtles Forever was a bit special though. It has meaning for what it represented - which was the transition of one TMNT era to another. Nick has no need for that. The TMNT world is currently developing and expanding, not shrinking and ending as it was when Turtles Forever came out.

JakeSully
07-21-2015, 05:48 AM
That would be pretty bizarre