PDA

View Full Version : Insane in the Membrane will air on Nicktoons

Vicky82
07-19-2015, 01:33 PM
Wow this episode is no longer banned in the US and it will air on Nicktoons on August 2nd.

http://nickalive.blogspot.co.uk/2015/07/nicktoons-usa-to-premiere-teenage.html

ToonZone Forums member 'Pac-Attack' is reporting the Turtley Awesome news that Nickelodeon USA's animation and action channel, Nicktoons USA, is planning to premiere the currently un-aired "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" (2003) episode "Insane in the Membrane" on Sunday 2nd August 2015 at 3:00pm ET/PT!

"Insane in the Membrane" (S04E19) was originally due to premiere in the USA on 4th March 2006 as part of 4Kids Entertainment's "4Kids TV" programming block on FOX, but, as the content of the episode was deemed too graphic in nature and disturbing, horrifying FOX executives, the episode never made it to air in the USA. However, the episode did air internationally, including in the UK and in Australia.

Chaotix12345
07-19-2015, 02:01 PM
Fantastic! So not only is the 2k3 marathon train still going on through August, but they're airing a previously banned episode! Plus it's airing on my BIRTHDAY ALONG WITH the return of Nick TMNT premieres! YESSSSSSSSS.

DarkLightDragon
07-19-2015, 02:12 PM
Cool beans.

Kind of goes to show that Nick has more balls than 4Kids to show something like this (despite the amount they let the series get away with prior) on TV, even if it's not their main channel.

Then again, it's not hard to beat 4Kids in being loose with censorship.

Powder
07-19-2015, 02:53 PM
4kids had balls, they created the episode in the first damn place. It's FOX who refused to air it...

neatoman
07-19-2015, 03:13 PM
Oh good, finally we can have this episode ruin the lives of little kids! Truly this is a good day! :lol: Anyone with kids around you, show it to them and share their reaction.

Nah, but this episode is awesome, really fleshes out Baxter's character.

Desslok
07-19-2015, 03:39 PM
really fleshes out Baxter's character.

You just HAD to go there didn't you... :tgrumble:

neatoman
07-19-2015, 03:43 PM
You just HAD to go there didn't you... :tgrumble:

Well without the fleshing out, his arc would have fallen apart.

Desslok
07-19-2015, 03:50 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CCePiCSW4AAe4TB.jpg

GoldMutant
07-19-2015, 03:56 PM
FINALLY AN AMERICAN RELEASE!!! :tgrin:

Insane in the Membrane is probably one of my all time favorite TMNT episodes and one of my top five for the 2003 series, about time it's officially released. Hopefully though, it's not edited like Dragon Ball Z Kai was for Nicktoons, a concern of mine personally.

Sushi Shea
07-19-2015, 04:34 PM
Welp! In a world where the Five Nights at Freddy's fandom is teeming with eight to twelve year olds, this was inevitable. Can't wait to see how it goes!

MrPliggins
07-20-2015, 06:47 AM
Only 9 years later! I'd be watching if I had cable. I wish this show would come to Netflix!

Whatswiththeheadbands?
07-20-2015, 12:13 PM
This was actually always one of my favorite episodes in the entire series.

Because I live in the UK, this actually aired when the series was airing at the time, so I saw it multiple times

CyberCubed
07-20-2015, 12:51 PM
I'm surprised at the celebrating, you guys do realize this episode was on the Season 4 DVD that 4kids released back in 2005, right? Its not like Americans never had any access to this episode.

neatoman
07-20-2015, 12:55 PM
I'm surprised at the celebrating, you guys do realize this episode was on the Season 4 DVD that 4kids released back in 2005, right? Its not like Americans never had any access to this episode.

Yeah, but now it destroy the minds of children for free! Just like intended.

Zak The Neutrino
07-20-2015, 12:57 PM
Only 9 years later! I'd be watching if I had cable. I wish this show would come to Netflix!

This! Also so I can watch this series in chronological order. I've never watched much of this series because I've never had access to the whole thing. I heard some of the DVDs are super expensive to acquire.

CyberCubed
07-20-2015, 01:02 PM
This thread amuses me. People kept saying how Nick hated the 4kids series and was trying to bury it, and now that they're airing it and doing stuff with it people are celebrating like they weren't saying anything bad about them before.

It was rather obvious Nick was going to air and release the 4kids series eventually.

DarkLightDragon
07-20-2015, 03:45 PM
This thread amuses me. People kept saying how Nick hated the 4kids series and was trying to bury it, and now that they're airing it and doing stuff with it people are celebrating like they weren't saying anything bad about them before.

It was rather obvious Nick was going to air and release the 4kids series eventually.

But still no proper DVD release. So they're not entirely off the hook yet.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
07-20-2015, 03:48 PM
But still no proper DVD release. So they're not entirely off the hook yet.

This. Remember those piddly insulting DVD releases?

Those don't sell, Nick doesn't throw any more money after physical releases.

We're still a long way from scoring...

sdp
07-20-2015, 04:41 PM
I was pretty sure that this eventually aired on 4KidsTV a few years later, am I wrong?

Jester
07-20-2015, 05:30 PM
I was pretty sure that this eventually aired on 4KidsTV a few years later, am I wrong?

Exactly, didn't 4Kids finally air it on a fan's choice marathon?

CyberCubed
07-20-2015, 05:52 PM
Exactly, didn't 4Kids finally air it on a fan's choice marathon?

Maybe you're thinking of Cartoon Network? I remember Cartoon Network aired the 4kids series in reruns for a while, I think it aired there over Fox.

megashredder
07-20-2015, 07:30 PM
I liked how the Iitm timeline was colored like a regular cartoon and the flash backs were like pastel's and they showed sesn 3 android Stockman, spider bug,
&Amp the brain-hologram.

I'm glad the ep was leaked to Youtube so I could see it for the first time....

Jester
07-20-2015, 07:40 PM
I liked how the Iitm timeline was colored like a regular cartoon and the flash backs were like pastel's and they showed sesn 3 android Stockman, spider bug,
&Amp the brain-hologram.

The 4Kids series almost always, except in the case of full episodes that are flashbacks, had those sepia-toned colors for flashbacks.

Mew
07-20-2015, 07:47 PM
I love this episode. It's dark. Great episode for Baxter.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
07-21-2015, 04:19 PM
Until IDW, this was the best Baxter story ever.

Ashwolf
07-21-2015, 04:33 PM
Doubt it'll happen but it would be awesome if Nick included nightmares recycled on a DVD set

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
07-21-2015, 05:58 PM
Doubt it'll happen but it would be awesome if Nick included nightmares recycled on a DVD set

"Nightmares Recycled" never made it past scripting. There is no animation for it, only a few concept sketches. Here is what Peter Laird shared on his blog:

http://peterlairdstmntblog.blogspot.com/2012/01/blast-from-past-359-february-26-2005.html

http://peterlairdstmntblog.blogspot.com/2012/01/blast-from-past-357-february-11-2005.html

http://peterlairdstmntblog.blogspot.com/2012/01/january-30-2005-re-outline-for-ep-110.html

Allio
07-22-2015, 03:56 AM
Welp! In a world where the Five Nights at Freddy's fandom is teeming with eight to twelve year olds, this was inevitable. Can't wait to see how it goes!

horror is popular with the youth, that is nothing new.

Sushi Shea
07-22-2015, 10:02 PM
horror is popular with the youth, that is nothing new.
Never said it was! My munchkin sister loves creepy stuff. Heh heh. Bet she'd get a kick out of this episode if she liked Ninja Turtles as much as I do.

megashredder
07-22-2015, 10:10 PM
The 4Kids series almost always, except in the case of full episodes that are flashbacks, had those sepia-toned colors for flashbacks.

yes but during sesn 4 the shaded color's were used as sort of an in-joke. Like water-color or PASTEL....
:D

Danetello
07-29-2015, 10:14 AM
Maybe I'm being dense, but I searched my digital cable guide all the way through Sunday night, and nothing is listed. Anyone else find it?

EDIT: Ignore me. I was searching just Nick. I didn't realise they'd be on NickToons. DVR now set for the whole nights' worth of episodes!

I'm curious actually, I have them all on DVD but will record them anyway, as they are easier to watch like this. I have been watching season 3 on DVD recently, and it's a NIGHTMARE keep flipping DVDs. So I'm definitely recording from TV to watch. Does anyone else do this?

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
08-11-2015, 08:14 AM
This People kept saying how Nick hated the 4kids series and was trying to bury it, and now that they're airing it and doing stuff with it people are celebrating like they weren't saying anything bad about them before.

Why should Nickelodeon hate it?

Mew
08-11-2015, 02:26 PM
Why should Nickelodeon hate it?
They don't. They've been airing the episodes, and are releasing the Christmas DVD.

Netkeeper
08-11-2015, 02:27 PM
Nah, those of us that are still mad at Nick just aren't saying anything because our stance has been heard and it isn't changing yet. :V

Anyway, it doesn't surprise me that this episode is airing.

1. It's nearly a whole decade later and things become more acceptable
2. This is airing in the PM, not on Saturday morning. IIRC, restrictions are tighter for Saturday-morning airings with most networks, especially back then.
3. Fox almost certainly had more restrictions than Nick, as a network.