PDA

View Full Version : Tmnt neca box set

ls1z28
07-20-2015, 07:26 AM
What's a fair price to pay for the colored boxed set? Looking to purchase one off ebay .. And I've seen both opened and unopened. Just wanted to get you guy's opinion on price for either ..

Thanks

go_ninja84
07-20-2015, 07:50 AM
there is a few different versions of the sets. there is just the regular colored set, there is an exclusive SDCC set that came with all the accessories as the individual clamshells then the normal B&W set and again an SDCC accessory set

then there are idiots on ebay who had Kevin Eastman sign them and think they are worth thousands. dont fall for those as i hear it is not difficult to get his autograph

TheMasterTurtle
07-20-2015, 09:12 AM
there is a few different versions of the sets. there is just the regular colored set, there is an exclusive SDCC set that came with all the accessories as the individual clamshells then the normal B&W set and again an SDCC accessory set

then there are idiots on ebay who had Kevin Eastman sign them and think they are worth thousands. dont fall for those as i hear it is not difficult to get his autograph

Well it's becoming a little less attainable since he won't just sign everything you put in front of him without charging anymore. I would say the SDCC black and white one with his signature is the hard one to come by but any others I would question the asking prices.

So regular box set I wouldn't pay more than $225 mib shipped. It pops up often enough that you can usually find one priced well. The NYCC edition with bases, most you'll find signed by Laird. Those signed will run between $400-$600 depending on the market at the time.

A big question I would ask yourself if what are you looking to do with these? Display MIB or loose? If it's loose you prefer, don't pay the premium of a MIB set just to open. Also if you're looking for loose and you want authentic don't buy from any sellers out of country as they're probably bootleg. At this point the market is saturated with bootlegs so even buying stateside I'd be weary.

The bootlegs are some of the best out there so if you just want these loose on a shelf I'd say go for those because they still look awesome and you can pick up a set for $25-$50 shipped. You'd be paying $50 minimum in most cases for just one of the legit clamshell NECAs.

My entire NECA collection consists of the legitimate releases and I purposefully bought a set loose at the time just to have. I like the look of them in package so my clamshells, tubes and box set are all still sealed.

ls1z28
07-20-2015, 11:05 AM
Thanks for the info guys!!

atreyu2112
07-21-2015, 07:05 PM
My set is a 2008 NYCC edition which I won from Peter's blog shortly after that convention. It came to me from Mirage Studios (I kept the shipping box as the label has the Mirage letterhead). It was signed by Peter with a turtle head. In 2012, I met & had Kevin, Eric Talbot & Michael Dooney also sign it and each also drew a turtle head. I'm not sure what it's worth, but it's priceless to me.