PDA

View Full Version : Summer Games Done Quick 2015

TigerClaw
07-26-2015, 11:56 AM
They are about to do there annual Summer Games Done Quick marathon, It's from july 26 thru august 2nd, the broadcast will begin at about 1pm EST

Schedule for the marathon.
https://gamesdonequick.com/schedule

Live Stream
http://www.twitch.tv/gamesdonequick

TigerClaw
07-31-2015, 10:29 PM
I'm surprise you guys haven't talked about this, the event will end on August 2nd, and there has been a lot of great runs.

Powder
07-31-2015, 11:24 PM
I like to play games, I don't care about other people playing games.

TigerClaw
07-31-2015, 11:25 PM
I like to play games, I don't care about other people playing games.
But those other people that play those games, are better then we are at playing them. which is why i enjoy watching these events.

Powder
08-01-2015, 12:23 AM
I'd rather better my skills than envy the skills of others.

TigerClaw
08-01-2015, 12:33 AM
I'd rather better my skills than envy the skills of others.
Well then, you have the play the same game over and over, and for a couple of years until you get it right.

Powder
08-01-2015, 12:36 AM
Well I've been working at this SNES catalog for the better part of twenty years, so that's fine. :tlol:

AT-Man
08-01-2015, 12:27 PM
I don't see it as a thing to be envious of, but rather impressed. I haven't watched any of these though, so not much to say about the whole event. I only enjoy speedruns if they're done without abusing glitches.

TigerClaw
08-01-2015, 12:30 PM
I don't see it as a thing to be envious of, but rather impressed. I haven't watched any of these though, so not much to say about the whole event. I only enjoy speedruns if they're done without abusing glitches.
There are speedruns that don't use glitches or out of bound, it depends on the category of the speedrun itself.

Peanut
08-02-2015, 10:12 PM
I ended up being crazy busy last week, so I missed almost all of it, plus the chance to post in here about it, but I'm sure I'll be slowly going through the stuff I'm interested in seeing for the next few months.

Seems like they're really starting to figure out what people care about when it comes to these runs - less interruptions for bad joke comments from the host, more insightful commentary from the runner/couch and less downtime between runs. Like I said, I only caught it a handful of times for incredibly short periods, but it seemed like they'd put some work into fixing all of those problems.

I did see some of a late night run of Twilight Princess that was old school AGDQ levels of awkwardly bad though. The way I see it, at least ONE of your couch crew needs to know the game and be able to explain/point out specific things regularly in a run to make it worthwhile, because a couch with three people who don't talk paired with a runner who rarely speaks is pointless.

TigerClaw
08-03-2015, 03:44 PM
I ended up being crazy busy last week, so I missed almost all of it, plus the chance to post in here about it, but I'm sure I'll be slowly going through the stuff I'm interested in seeing for the next few months.

Seems like they're really starting to figure out what people care about when it comes to these runs - less interruptions for bad joke comments from the host, more insightful commentary from the runner/couch and less downtime between runs. Like I said, I only caught it a handful of times for incredibly short periods, but it seemed like they'd put some work into fixing all of those problems.

I did see some of a late night run of Twilight Princess that was old school AGDQ levels of awkwardly bad though. The way I see it, at least ONE of your couch crew needs to know the game and be able to explain/point out specific things regularly in a run to make it worthwhile, because a couch with three people who don't talk paired with a runner who rarely speaks is pointless.
Yeah, I been seeing that a lot lately, A couch full of people, and they don't even commentate about whats going on in the game.

There are some runners who sound like they are asleep when there talking, maybe they are concentrating on the game, and can't commentate while playing.