PDA

View Full Version : Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - 2003 Show's 'Cowabunga Christmas' DVD is Announced Ta

Autbot_Benz
07-28-2015, 06:05 PM
http://i61.tinypic.com/29vgw2x.jpg

It's Christmas time in the city. A number of guests have been invite to the lair for a big holiday feast. But, where's Michelangelo? Mikey is playing Santa Claus - butt-kicking, hard-driving Santa who's trying to save a truckload of toys destined for an orphanage from some heartless thieves.

On October 13th, just in time for the winter holiday season, Nickelodeon and Paramount Home Media Distribution are releasing the single-DVD title, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Cowabunga Christmas. Running approximately 65 minutes long, this disc comes with 3 episodes of the 2003 show. Here's an early look at the cover art for this title, but it might not be finalized yet and could be subject to change:

Taken from: http://tvshowsondvd.com/n/21372#ixzz3hEL2U0Pk

TheSkeletonMan939
07-28-2015, 06:07 PM
Hey... is that new artwork?

Never seen those images before. Cool.

On October 13th, just in time for the winter holiday season

The holiday season now starts in the middle of October? Good grief.

this disc comes with 3 episodes

Three? Didn't the others have at least four?

What a joke.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
07-28-2015, 06:27 PM
Gosh darn it, am I gonna have to admit that Cubed may be right after all?

But AGAIN. What the fvck is up with these sh!tty 3-episode out-of-order DVD releases!?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
07-28-2015, 06:43 PM
It suddenly occurs to me...

#1: Do we have sales figures for the previous "Return to New York" and "Search for Splinter" or whatever 4Kids DVDs Nick has recently released?

#2: How many of these will they release until they finally start releasing full season sets?

Storm Eagle
07-28-2015, 07:31 PM

The original release of the episode came out in October too, in 2004.

TheSkeletonMan939
07-28-2015, 08:01 PM

Yeah, but I still think that's early.

And to be fair the episode first aired on Christmas Day 2004.

TheSkeletonMan939
07-28-2015, 08:04 PM
It suddenly occurs to me...

#1: Do we have sales figures for the previous "Return to New York" and "Search for Splinter" or whatever 4Kids DVDs Nick has recently released?

I couldn't find any. Anyone know any other sites beside "The Numbers" for this sort of info?

CyberCubed
07-28-2015, 08:05 PM
As long as Nick continues to release these DVDs for kids at budget prices, I'm sure boxsets will come eventually. You just gotta believe.

Gunstar_Red
07-28-2015, 08:49 PM
I was ecstatic when I saw this on my Facebook feed... until the 3 episodes only part. Well, it is what it is. I'm still optimistic for season sets. (I think they will after they finish airing all the reruns on Nicktoons TV.)

I really like the box art though.

You just gotta believe.
hcsfrOGOP6o

...Sorry.

Danetello
07-29-2015, 09:36 AM
I know a lot of people are annoyed by these releases, and while I DO agree, I am nonetheless excited to have them on a new DVD release. I bought the first two, I have pre-ordered the next two, and will be getting this one as well!

turtlefanforever
07-29-2015, 10:57 AM
at leas the cover art isn't too generic. i like it. not enough to buy it though. i almost bought the complete 3rd season of tmnt original series for the cover art.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
08-03-2015, 04:39 PM

Is it the only one to be on video first (except Ninja Tribunal)?

Storm Eagle
08-03-2015, 11:33 PM
Is it the only one to be on video first (except Ninja Tribunal)?

It actually wasn't. There are a few more.

"Volume 3.4: Shredder's Final Countdown" was released on August 30, 2005, and it had these episodes that would premiere later:
"Cousin Sid" (9/10/2005)
"Dragon's Brew" (10/8/2005)
"Bad Day" (11/5/2005)
Those are season 4 episodes and the other two that are on it are the last two season 3 episodes, "Exodus" part 1 & 2.

"Volume 3.5: Mutants and Monsters" was released on October 4, 2005, and it had these episodes that would premiere later:
"I, Monster" (10/15/2005)
"All Hallows Thieves" (10/29/2005)
The other three on that volume were season 3 episodes that already aired by the time this came out.

"Fast Forward, Vol. 02 - The Day of Awakening" was released on August 7, 2007, and the latter six episodes on the volume would premiere afterwards:
"Race for Glory" (9/8/2007)
"Head of State" (9/15/2007)
"DNA Is Thicker than Water" (10/6/2007)
"The Cosmic Completist" (10/13/2007)
"The Day of Awakening" (10/20/2007)
"Zixxth Sense" (10/27/2007)

Also, the Ninja Tribunal/season 5 episodes aired on TV before they were released on DVD.

08-06-2015, 03:59 PM
I can understand "All Hallows Thieves" because it's a Halloween episode.

Aaronardo
08-08-2015, 11:07 AM
Hmm. New pictures of the 2003 designs. That could be a good sign. More ammo for Cubed as well :P

Foombamaroom
08-08-2015, 08:06 PM
More ammo for Cubed as well :P

https://teachertoolkitdotme.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/oh-no.jpg

Drose18
08-13-2015, 01:00 AM
Hmm. New pictures of the 2003 designs. That could be a good sign. More ammo for Cubed as well :P

Is it actually new??! R THEY BRINGING IT BACK?! :tgrin:

Powder
08-13-2015, 01:16 AM
Is it actually new??! R THEY BRINGING IT BACK?! :tgrin:

No... it's just unique cover art.

Why would they? Where would they go with it?

Drose18
08-13-2015, 11:28 AM
No... it's just unique cover art.

Why would they? Where would they go with it?

I dont care where I just would rather they bring it back then continue the nick show. I dont hate the nick show its just been really bad lately. Yokai episode was solid tho.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
08-13-2015, 11:36 AM
I dont care where I just would rather they bring it back then continue the nick show. I dont hate the nick show its just been really bad lately. Yokai episode was solid tho.

You bring back shows that ended while they were still good.

For as awesome as the first 4-5 seasons were, the 4Kids TMNT had definitely lost its way once Fast Forward and Back to the Sewers happened.

Bry
08-13-2015, 12:49 PM
Huh. Is that brand new cover art, or did they alter pre-existing character images?

I actually don't own the Christmas Aliens episode on DVD yet. I don't really want to reward these lousy three-episode releases, but... if the other episodes are from season 3, I might have to consider it.

It inches earlier every year. Before long there'll be Christmas stuff in stores before kids go back to school.

Raph's Girl
08-13-2015, 01:01 PM

The holiday season started in June. Just go to like Hobby Lobby or TRU. Hobby Lobby has had Halloween/Thanksgiving decor out since June and Christmas since the beginning of July. TRU has Halloween costumes out as well as some Christmas toys/books and decor (I saw a couple things of Marvel christmas wrapping paper the other day). Heck I even saw a Santa Claus Wind-Chime at Wal-Mart a couple weeks ago.

And I know Christmas music starts coming out on CD and Itunes in a couple weeks...

THGhost
08-14-2015, 10:03 AM
Hmm. New pictures of the 2003 designs. That could be a good sign.

This is all I'm taking from this release. :P

08-14-2015, 12:54 PM
The holiday season started in June. Just go to like Hobby Lobby or TRU. Hobby Lobby has had Halloween/Thanksgiving decor out since June and Christmas since the beginning of July. TRU has Halloween costumes out as well as some Christmas toys/books and decor (I saw a couple things of Marvel christmas wrapping paper the other day). Heck I even saw a Santa Claus Wind-Chime at Wal-Mart a couple weeks ago.

And I know Christmas music starts coming out on CD and Itunes in a couple weeks...

and Christmas albums are recorded in mid-year sometimes...

CyberCubed
08-14-2015, 05:44 PM
Be patient, we will get what we so richly deserve.

THGhost
08-15-2015, 08:53 AM
Be patient, we will get what we so richly deserve.

I wish I had your optimism.

ABrown
08-18-2015, 03:11 PM
Does this dvd feature a total of three episodes, or does it feature three additional episodes?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
08-18-2015, 03:34 PM
Does this dvd feature a total of three episodes, or does it feature three additional episodes?

Given precedent, a total of three.

Do we know what the other two episodes are yet?

ABrown
08-19-2015, 12:13 PM
Given precedent, a total of three.

Do we know what the other two episodes are yet?

Had it been three additional episodes, I thought that it might've been the three "Space Invaders" episodes. That's the way that it should've been released back in 2004. That way the season three releases could've gone like this:

3.1: The Christmas Aliens, Space Invaders (Parts 1-3)
3.2: Worlds Collide (Parts 1-3), Touch & Go, Hunted
3.3: H.A.T.E., Nobody's Fool, New Blood, The Lesson
3.4: Darkness Within, Mission of Gravity, Entity Below, Time Travails
3.5 Hun On The Run, Reality Check, Across The Universe, Same As It Never Was
3.6: Real World (Parts 1-2), Bishop's Gambit, Exodus (Parts 1-2)

Had they done that, they could've avoided all of the skipping around from dvd to dvd. And by the end of the season three releases, VHS was basically dead. So they could've gone ahead and given the first half of season four a proper dvd release the way that the second half was given one.