PDA

View Full Version : Movies are being shown on NickToons next week

Danetello
07-30-2015, 06:41 PM
I didn't see this posted elsewhere. Apologies if it's a double post.

Today when setting my DVR for upcoming TMNT episodes I noticed that NickToons is showing TMNT II (Ooze), TMNT (2007) and Turtles Forever next weekend, 8th and 9th of August. Unless I was being blind or my DVR was acting up, I didn't see the original 1990 listed. I thought perhaps it was because of the rating, though, especially since they're all being shown on NT.

Powder
07-30-2015, 06:43 PM
Weird that they're not airing the first. Even now is it really thought of as being too dark/violent? Hmm. But anyway, really cool to see any of the films get some lovin' on the tube, especially from Nick. It's nice that they're supporting versions outside of their own.

CyberCubed
07-30-2015, 06:44 PM
Seeing them air the 4th movie is interesting too.

sdp
07-30-2015, 07:01 PM
I wonder if any kids will confuse the 2007 film as being in continuity with the Nick show, I mean beyond a few small inconsistencies it is fairly similar to the NIck show.

I guess TMNT II is fairly close in tone to the Nick series, you even have Rahzar in it and don't really require the first movie to understand the film. I'm guessing the first film was considered too dark and the third too bad but it could be that they were only able to get the rights for that movie I remember Netflix only added the second movie and then took it off to add the first movie :/ rights can be tricky.

DarkLightDragon
07-31-2015, 05:46 AM
Considering that they did play clips from the various films during commercial breaks, I was wondering whether those movies would eventually air.

Kind of a shame the first movie won't be showing. I can imagine it being the matter of violence the film had, but given how Nicktoons is already going to air the one 2k3 episode that never got aired (in the US, mind you), Insane in the Membrane, which had a lot worse than whatever the first movie got away with, I think they don't really have an excuse to not give it some service.

But whatever, minor things aside, I'm glad TMNT and Turtle Forever are getting some love again (and TMNT2 since that one has kind of grown on me overtime, It's definitely a downgrade from the first, but found it harmless and enjoyable to a degree).

mikey22
07-31-2015, 06:59 PM
i winder if i should dvr tmnt forever just incase they are going to have the directors cut

IndigoErth
07-31-2015, 08:01 PM
Cool, was wondering if those were going to be at the end of this "Turtle Nation" thing. Odd 1990 won't be on, but been enjoying the marathons. (I swear I sorta think they did this to try to make up for repeatedly pushing back the date of the new Nick episode we'll now finally get to see.)

TheSkeletonMan939
07-31-2015, 08:39 PM
i winder if i should dvr tmnt forever just incase they are going to have the directors cut

I'm positive they won't. the whole reason the film was cut in the first place was to make room for more commercials. Unless Nick is woefully unaware of what they own exactly, they won't reedit a new version of the film from the uncut source.

TigerClaw
07-31-2015, 10:19 PM
Could it be cause Nick doesn't have the broadcast rights to the first one? if I remembered, didnt ABC Family aired all three before? don't know if it was that cable network.