View Full Version : Aprils Flea Market gifts

mikey22
07-31-2015, 08:10 AM
Why did Michaelangelo get ripped off?

I mean of all things a lamp shade. Nobody even cared about it. They never show April laughing or grinning....

Donatellos gift was okay and he was happy. Leos he was excited about the book because he used it to find out where Kenshin was from.

I guess Raphael lost his hat from the first movie????

How did Splinter end up getting the egg timer.

They really should have showed a scene of her at the flea market and how she found the egg-timer.

PS- How much did you appreciate the weapons usage in the opening segment?

Mew
07-31-2015, 01:30 PM
I think a lamp shade was stupid. I can see all the others but a lamp shade? And Mikey doesn't know what it is! They saw them at April's house, so WTF!?

Cryomancer
07-31-2015, 02:48 PM
If you like her random used stuff you should read the TMNT III manga we're working on, as it's expanded upon and actually serves purposes.

mikey22
07-31-2015, 05:42 PM
cant wait to see the manga dude! send it my way when done please via pm

Cryomancer
07-31-2015, 09:01 PM
I'll be beginning typesetting (second to last phase. last time-consuming one) on the last chapter this week unless something comes up.

CyberCubed
07-31-2015, 09:18 PM
Mikey getting a lamp shade was pretty funny, especially the scene where he looks through the middle of it and sticks it on his head. Even Mikey knew he was screwed over. :lol:

Powder
07-31-2015, 10:01 PM
I think her gifts were great, so too did the turtles. A new hat for Raph is a very nice gesture, it's likely that his original one was found in the trash, so to have a brand spanking new one probably made his day. No holes, stains, scent, just some stylin' digs that are factory fresh. Mikey wasn't ripped off, it's pretty clear he has a pension for wacky & tacky decor, so that was right up his alley. The "egg timer", as she put it, was a very cool looking Japanese artifact, an ideal gift for an old master of martial arts raised in a traditional Japanese household.

turtlefanforever
08-02-2015, 10:38 AM
Never really thought about it, but yeah. Mikey really did get screwed on that one :tlol:

DonatelloDomeHead31
08-03-2015, 08:08 PM
I think Donatello got a radio...he was pretty excited about it because he could re-wire it. Now if it exploded like one of his inventions did in the cartoon (giant coffee machine in the intro), that would have been funny.

Mikey's lampshade was funny because later Splinter used it to cheer him up.

It was too bad that Raph didn't get a chance to see his gift (or wear it) because according to Donatello, he was in "another funk"

MsMarvelDuckie
08-05-2015, 01:07 PM
Actually, he didn't JUST get a lampshade. He got the whole lamp. He even holds up the rest of it at one point while he's looking in the bag, as if trying to figure out why she got him a lamp. The post part was pretty plain and boring, but maybe that's why they focused on the bright and goofy shade.

DonatelloDomeHead31
11-09-2015, 07:27 AM
I saw in the first post about the weapon usage and I have to say...it's a bit improved than from the 2nd one.

I remember reading something that the reason why the weapons weren't used as much in the 2nd one was because of the issue of violence.

Here in the 3rd one, they use them as they train, but then later there's some humorous moments with them (Donatello with his bo being used like a baseball bat).

Raph uses his sai to stop Mitsu's bow and arrow at one point in the movie.

Did Mikey ever use his weapons in the 3rd movie?

And finally...Leo uses his swords to cut Lord Norinaga's hair--"There, short enough for you?"

Overall, I thought the weapon usage was a little bit better--more useful in comedy than violence.

ToTheNines
11-09-2015, 08:13 AM
Powder nailed it.

oldmanwinters
11-09-2015, 12:57 PM
So refreshing to see a thread about the 3rd movie that aspires to do more than bash the 3rd movie. I thought the gifts were very thoughtful for each turtle. I am curious as to how they may have treated the spectre once it became clear it had some magical properties. In the 2007 CGI film, wasn't it just setting on Splinter's memento shelf like any old antique?

MsMarvelDuckie
11-09-2015, 05:39 PM
Yes, but that one really had nothing to do with the other three. Aside from a couple of lines from Karai, who was never in any of the others, yet they already knew her. The scepter was just a nod to the third film, methinks. Along with the samurai armor and helmet that were also on his shelves- and which were most definitely left back in Japan with their owner!

Technogeek29
11-09-2015, 09:06 PM
More in line to agree with Powder, Mikey was greatful just probably not what he was expecting since he felt he got the better haul compared to the others. Imagine how you would feel if everyone got one thing but you just got a bag filled with stuff?

MsMarvelDuckie
11-09-2015, 09:16 PM
I think she knew what she was doing with that gift. Both Splinter and Mikey make references to Elvis in Blue Hawaii in the movie, and the reason is that in Blue Hawaii, Elvis had a musical number where he was having a party and during the party, he grabs a lamp shade (which coincidentally is fairly similar to the one April got Mikey) and puts it on his head and dances with it on. Mikey being the movie buff he is, he probably made the connection right away, thus why he did the same thing- and Splinter later does it again to cheer him up when Mikey is bummed about leaving Mitsu behind. A wacky gift that reminds him of a movie he's probably seen would be something he'd appreciate. Heck, I got the reference the first time I saw it in the theater! It made the gift seem not only personal, but fun. Mikey out of all of them would go for something eclectic like that.

shuriken
12-06-2015, 12:21 PM
Did Mikey ever use his weapons in the 3rd movie?

Uses it to block Norinaga as he's about to strike Mitsu. That might be it...

darthwahl56
12-10-2015, 10:01 PM
Mikey being the silly, goofy one would get a kick out of bag of junk. He would find a way to enjoy something that wasn't right off the bat, desirable. If he was anybody else he might have gotten upset and annoyed because he got a bunch of useless garbage where his brothers got exactly something they would each like. April just thought he would like junk, it's the thought that counts.:)

I really liked the weapon usage mainly in that training montage at the beginning.

DonatelloDomeHead31
12-14-2015, 07:29 AM
Uses it to block Norinaga as he's about to strike Mitsu. That might be it...

You're right, I remember now...then one of the guards hits his shell with their sword...to which he replies: "big mistake, dude."

Thank you.