PDA

View Full Version : Advanced technology early in the series.

neatoman
08-01-2015, 09:39 AM
So I've started to rewatch the series again and I feel compelled to ask, how did Donatello make advanced technology early on in the series? For most of the devices he makes it's explained a lot of it uses parts taken from encounters with advanced technology, such as gifts from Utroms or the helicopter stolen from the EPF.

However, as early as episode 2 he made a high speed hover car... How did he make such a thing from regular scrap metal?

Candy Kappa
08-01-2015, 09:46 AM
Science magic, that's how.

Donnie is a wizard.

Mew
08-01-2015, 09:59 AM

Donnie is a wizard.
http://marcusgohmarcusgoh.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/marcusgohmarcusgoh-tmnts02e15review-3.png

neatoman
08-01-2015, 10:11 AM

Donnie is a wizard.

Well obviously a giant turtle won't have the easiest time getting laid but you don't become a wizard until you reach your thirtieth year as a virgin, or are the rules different for mutant turtles?

Candy Kappa
08-01-2015, 10:19 AM
Well obviously a giant turtle won't have the easiest time getting laid but you don't become a wizard until you reach your thirtieth year as a virgin, or are the rules different for mutant turtles?

Well, apparently turtle years are the same as cat years, so a 16 year old turtle would be 84 cat years old. Well within the limit of becoming a wizard.

neatoman
08-01-2015, 10:35 AM
Well, apparently turtle years are the same as cat years, so a 16 year old turtle would be 84 cat years old. Well within the limit of becoming a wizard.

Then that settles it, he could do becuase of his inability to get laid...

... That sounds a lot more plausible than I intended...

TMNachoT
08-01-2015, 11:09 AM
The way i see Don from the old toon created more advanced/crazy technology -not that his stuff always worked out properly, so, Don 2K3 created more "beliavable" gadgets -some of them.

Powder
08-01-2015, 04:21 PM
He created them with magic, the magic known as "Playmates forced them to create a crap ton of ridiculously stupid stuff that had to be put in the show to sell toys whose profits would pay for the series' continuation". Donnie being so unbelievably savvy with tech is probably the most irksome characterization flaw with this version. Way too OT influenced on that front.

Usagi Miyamoto
08-01-2015, 04:41 PM
To be fair the ooze increases intellect, he might've received a bit more on that end. While on one level it's obviously to force toys, on the other hand everybody loves riding in cool vehicles and I were a super genius turtle able to make those things then I certainly would. It's definitely better than other merchandise driven turtle renditions like mutant of the week nonsense.

oldmanwinters
08-01-2015, 05:36 PM
The tramps living under the bridge got Donny the really good hookups.

Danetello
08-01-2015, 06:12 PM
The tramps living under the bridge got Donny the really good hookups.
This. :tlol:

MsMarvelDuckie
08-04-2015, 03:17 AM
Am I the only one who's realized that Donnie is a pirate and a klepto? Seriously- he pirates EVERYTHING from electricity to hot water to satellite TV, and he steals anything techie or mechanical that ain't nailed down from the Foot, the Purple Dragons, Baxter, or anyone else they run into!

Cryomancer
08-04-2015, 03:20 AM
I love that the turtles stole a train from the government, technically.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
08-04-2015, 01:27 PM
Fictional story, fictional version of present-Earth. Which means human technology may be a little bit (but not much, may differ between which field of science and technology it is) more advanced than it actually was in 2003.

MsMarvelDuckie
08-05-2015, 01:04 PM
I love that the turtles stole a train from the government, technically.

LOL, yeah, and the armored truck that they turned into the first Battleshell. It was stolen from the Dragons- who probably stole it themselves.

ABrown
08-24-2015, 11:55 AM
However, as early as episode 2 he made a high speed hover car... How did he make such a thing from regular scrap metal?

I do remember thinking WTF when I saw the hover car in episode two. Was that a toy that was created or something?

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
08-24-2015, 03:06 PM
He created them with magic, the magic known as "Playmates forced them to create a crap ton of ridiculously stupid stuff that had to be put in the show to sell toys whose profits would pay for the series' continuation". Donnie being so unbelievably savvy with tech is probably the most irksome characterization flaw with this version. Way too OT influenced on that front.

A lot of toy vehicles didn't even make it to the 1987 cartoon...

Prowler
08-25-2015, 09:56 PM
Sci-fi is one of the genres TMNT falls into. Next to action(martial arts) and comedy. So of course the technology showed in this cartoon, and every Turtles medium, is gonna be cutting edge.