PDA

View Full Version : So, I Rap

Powder
08-04-2015, 09:44 PM
& here's where you can hear my stuff:
http://powderakacaseyjones.bandcamp.com/

(Many of the lyrics are of a somewhat adult nature, be advised.)

I recently put a new mixtape on there after taking some time off from music. At present I have 3 of my hip-hop projects on there (as well as a collection of recreated versions of the old TMNT cartoon's scores). One is the new trippy stuff "I Am", another is based out of Nintendo samples "2-Up", & the third is a more indie sorta thing "Weight Of The World". I've done others but for the time being I've only got what I'm most proud of on there. I hope you guys will peep it. Everything's a free download, so by all means, grab it if you like it!

In addition to my solo efforts, I am part of a 3 piece group called Grindhouse Gang, with two other MC's, Mark Deez & Dr. iLL. We've done a few albums together as well, & thanks to being signed recently, our latest will be put out in November by the same label who releases the work of Bone Thugz N Harmony, Chief Keef, Method Man, Tech N9ne & others (RBC). You can check us out our most recent work here: https://grindhousegang.bandcamp.com/album/3-assassins

It's a fun way to express myself, the hobby/lifestyle has been a very positive influence in my life. I use it like others would a diary, so it helps me get out my frustration & sadness. I've gotten to travel up & down the east coast for shows, meet & work with artists I've idolized, & connect with people all over the world through the love of music.

Davin
08-07-2015, 05:11 AM
Good **** man. I don't listen to as much hip hop now as I used to, but as someone who has made beats and rapped a little as well, I can respect the craft always.

The GHG stuff reminds me of older Jedi Mind Tricks, in a good way. Although I think I prefer the solo stuff you have up.

Keep doing your thing man. And congrats on getting signed.

Powder
08-07-2015, 04:42 PM
As we're all big fans of the group, that's a high compliment! Coincidentally, their producer, Stoupe, did the beat for "Isolation" on our last album. One of the coolest things to ever happen to me. :trazz: Thanks a lot, dude, glad you dig it!

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
08-07-2015, 07:24 PM
Very awesome. :tcool:

TonySiegel
08-11-2015, 03:01 PM
congrats and much props...

snake
08-11-2015, 10:47 PM
Your stuff is dope. Keep it up.