PDA

View Full Version : 4kids figure line question?

tw2thr3
08-05-2015, 10:09 AM
Not sure if this is right place to post, was going to ask in BST section but wanted to discuss this a little. I'm just wondering what is considered the 'rarest' figure I guess out of the 2k3 line and why? That is if you weren't able to pick them up retail during it's course and now have to pay aftermarket. (And not just helping fellow dromer prices, though so far I've had good experiences.) As a kid I had hot spot complete wasn't aware at the time I sold most of my toys in bulk and when I seen what he goes for now I was pretty sick about it. I've seen bishop and quarry are up there in price also rat king . I don't plan on trying to collect all of them I have the ones I want from it like Usagi just curious why they are. Also what is an average price on a MOC Karai about? I just finally got a hold of one for what I think is a decent price, there are loose incomplete one's out for a lot I think because of the craze right now. Thanks guys, sorry for the rant. I appreciate all input

spiderpumpkin
08-05-2015, 12:16 PM
Quarry
Agent Bishop
Baxter Robot
Karai

tw2thr3
08-05-2015, 01:34 PM
Thanks yeah I always wanted karai it's cool how her and shredder had the removable helmets what would you say average price on each is?

darthwahl56
08-05-2015, 02:45 PM
Thanks yeah I always wanted karai it's cool how her and shredder had the removable helmets what would you say average price on each is?

Karai 70-100
Quarry 90-300
Agent Bishop 400
Baxter Stockman 170-190

I remember buying Karai and think I saw the Agent Bishop, but by the end it was getting harder to find those last figures and even then I might have overlooked them to go for one of the other toy lines I was collecting at the time; Star Wars, Marvel legends toy biz, Lord of the Rings, Neca, and McFarlane figures. Turtles was on my list toy lines to buy, just not the first. I only went for singles on the tmnt, no army building with them. The fast forward stuff I skipped unfortunately, even though I thought they looked pretty cool.

renegadez21
08-05-2015, 03:38 PM
i would also add the Swat sets n maybe Gen and secret agent don

Ninjinister
08-05-2015, 03:41 PM
Wait when was Bishop higher than Quarry?

oldmanwinters
08-05-2015, 04:14 PM
Karai 70-100

Wow, I think I bought her loose with most accessories for about $6 four years ago.

tw2thr3
08-05-2015, 04:18 PM
Thanks! I think I did alright I got her for 60 on card it's funny Baxter is worth more a while back when I was searching a seller had her for 80 and him for 85 so he must've spiked I believe not too long ago I seen a complete or near loose bishop for around 100 I thought about it but he wouldn't fit in my setup mainly continuing characters, I just got a mozar and fugitoid complete for 27 the other day
I also skipped the fast forward line I remember passing on the dark series and I had the basics from 2k3, though I did want the mystics as I played all 3 video games and that ability was epic. I also had all the next mutations but I let those go too and regret when I tried to find them all again about 100 loose and my Venus smh I had to reglue the braid but now she is worth a little more

tw2thr3
08-05-2015, 04:23 PM
Wow, I think I bought her loose with most accessories for about $6 four years ago.
Lucky! (Napoleon voice)

tw2thr3
08-05-2015, 04:29 PM
i would also add the Swat sets n maybe Gen and secret agent don
Don being an exclusive is rare I thought about getting gen to go with Usagi but couldn't do it,I already had Casey I never really liked it but how much do the swat sets go for? I mean I've seen the gold 4 packs for like 200+

tw2thr3
08-05-2015, 04:38 PM
They say something's valued at what it's worth to you. I feel pretty satisfied for a 10 year old figure however I would never pay those numbers for the newer Nick Karai

I Crave Pizza No More
08-05-2015, 11:10 PM
Had no idea those 2k3 figures were selling for that much. Pretty sure I have two of those Baxters, in fact (we're talking about the one with the cyborg body and human head that came out near the end of the line, along with Bishop, right?).

Honestly, if you're into a Gen and Usage display, splurge a little and get the Roku Toys statues. Very nice looking pieces overall.

Wildcat
08-06-2015, 03:53 AM
Right now on Amazon there's a new Baxter robot for $198 and new Bishop for $250. Id buy Bishop if I had the extra money.

I have the 4 turtles, Silver Shredder, Monster Don and the Mech turtle. I wish I had Karai. That's my most wanted that I missed out on.

I really want the mini battleshell that opens up. It's so cartoon accurate and detailed.

OrokuYoshiFilms
08-06-2015, 10:06 AM
Jeez $400 for Bishop?! I had no idea. No wonder I can't find the guy. Saw one on eBay for about $80....should've snagged it. I need a Bishop real bad.

oldmanwinters
08-06-2015, 05:53 PM
Huh, I picked up loose Cody Jones and Serling for all their accessories a little while back. What's their perceived market value?

Rat_King
08-08-2015, 06:51 AM
I would have to say never judge pricing by what is on Amazon. I always find that sellers on there greatly over estimate and try to gouge. Try to stick to eBay. The auction listings give a clearer view on what people are actually paying or if the item is even selling at the high prices.

909 Turtle Fan
08-09-2015, 03:56 PM
Since I just saw the new nick show time traveling episode today, it reminded me of the 2k3 Savanti Romero, I believe he is somewhat rare.

nellyp
08-10-2015, 09:45 PM
Collecting the 2k3 line started off well enough for me as I got pretty much all the first wave or 2. Then here in Canada they became harder to find and it got to the point where most of the cool figures I got were imported from the U.S. On eBay. Canada customs killed that for me as they were appraising them at $30 even when the seller put $5 on the customs slip and I would end up paying an extra $15 a figure. Because of this I missed out on most of these rare figures.

I did get Gen though and recently my kids have really enjoyed playing with him (I handed down my 2k3 collection to them). They really like his action feature where he crumples to the floor. He is showing some wear since they started playing with him though.

It's a shame that distribution here in Canada killed the line for me cause it was the first tmnt line I got to buy with my own money and had selection been better I would have collected a lot more.

Donny's computer84
08-15-2015, 09:54 PM
Managed to find a 4kids version of Leo at the recent Florida super con unfortunately I was not able to pick up all of them.:twink:

Klunk1234
08-15-2015, 09:59 PM
Managed to find a 4kids version of Leo at the recent Florida super con unfortunately I was not able to pick up all of them.:twink:

Nice! You will get the other ones :)