PDA

View Full Version : Celtic Recommendations?

Lethal Lullaby
08-06-2015, 08:18 AM
So I just decided I wanted to Listen to some celtic type music. But not sure what I wanna listen to/ know any groups. So if anyone has recommendations I'd appreciate it.

Thanks. ^-^

PangolinFeets
08-06-2015, 08:48 AM
I listen to a bunch of Celtic Folk and Celtic punk. Are you looking for easy, soft listening or something with a punch?

Regardless, I'm gonna go ahead and suggest Celtic Women, The Dubliners, The Pogues, Enya, Flogging Molly, The Brobdingnagian Bards, and Dropkick Murphys. That's a healthy mix of different kinds of Celtic music.

Lethal Lullaby
08-06-2015, 10:02 AM
Either or will do, PF. Also thanks for the recs! I shall check em out after work. :tgrin:

Leo656
08-06-2015, 06:24 PM
PF already beat me to Flogging Molly. DM too. :ohwell: She's right, though.

MsMarvelDuckie
08-06-2015, 06:36 PM
If you're looking for more traditional Celtic, I have several. Celtic Guitar by Michael Hromeck, Celtic Treasures, and Celtic Nights are all very good albums. Very soothing, and the first two choices feature music written by the famous composer Turlough O'Carolan, who was the last great Irish bard, and wrote most of his music while blind! Legend has it that his most famous piece, She Beag, She More, was inspired while sleeping atop a fairy mound. It's featured on both of those albums, with different arrangements.

Wesley
08-07-2015, 09:57 AM
I recommend The Corrs and The Saw Doctors.

Raph's Girl
08-07-2015, 01:10 PM
Enya, Celtic Woman, Celtic Thunder, The High Kings, Dropkick Murphys, Loreena McKennitt.....

VBW4bZTRE4M

MsMarvelDuckie
08-07-2015, 08:00 PM
Also, anything from Lord of the Dance, Riverdance, or Feet of Flames. And Mike Oldfield's The Voyager album. Yes, the SAME Mike Oldfield who did Tubular Bells. (Track one of which is possibly better known as the original Exorcist theme.) Voyager is just beautiful.