PDA

View Full Version : Custom the Bebop and the Rocksteady, and Shredder

Huzzah
08-07-2015, 04:27 PM
The usual grievance that the Nick Mutants are terribly out of scale has led to many people attempting to remedy this issue, so I had to come up with my own versions of these guys.

Bebop was a Marvel Universe Hulk figure, which despite technically being a 1/18 scale figure, it's still larger than many of the TMNT figures, with a Nick Bebop head:

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l118/Jarred706/DSCF1184.jpg

Rocksteady began life as a Leaping Hulk figure from the Incredible Hulk line that was technically a 5 inch scale with a Rocksteady head:

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l118/Jarred706/DSCF1172.jpg

There is a size difference between the two, but then again that makes sense seeing as Rhinos tend to be significantly larger that wild boars. Anyways here are The Bebeop and The Rocksteady (I love when Steranko refers to them as such):

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l118/Jarred706/DSCF1175.jpg

Next up we have the Shredder, with the spikes toned down significantly. He started out as an X-Men Evolution Wolverine figure (after I removed that God-awful action feature) mixed with the 2003 Shredder:

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l118/Jarred706/DSCF1177.jpg

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l118/Jarred706/DSCF1179.jpg

I'll post some action shots in that Thread to get an idea of scale with Turtles and such.

Mew
08-07-2015, 06:10 PM
I like 'em!
Here is some constructive criticism.
1) I can see somd Hulk green on Bebop, but that could be grime, or Turtle skin.
2) Shredder's head is a little big.
Other than that, these look great!

PangolinFeets
08-07-2015, 06:12 PM
Those look great! Nice job. Bebop looks especially badass.

My only comment would be that it's so weird to see Rocksteady with human feet. XD

OrokuYoshiFilms
08-07-2015, 07:49 PM
What a cool idea for a Shredder figure! Nice job!

Huzzah
08-07-2015, 07:53 PM
I like 'em!
Here is some constructive criticism.
1) I can see somd Hulk green on Bebop, but that could be grime, or Turtle skin.
2) Shredder's head is a little big.
Other than that, these look great!

Yeah, I noticed the green on the pictures, it's not add noticeable in hand. I'll probably fix that later.

As far as Shredder goes, I thought the sand about the head, but then realistically, a metal helmet would fit that way on a human head. Think about the Shredder in the first film, his head looked huge. When you add the appropriate padding into a helmet like that to make it manageable, it'll increase two fold. Though I do agree that it looks large...

Mew
08-07-2015, 08:04 PM
Yeah, I noticed the green on the pictures, it's not add noticeable in hand. I'll probably fix that later.

As far as Shredder goes, I thought the sand about the head, but then realistically, a metal helmet would fit that way on a human head. Think about the Shredder in the first film, his head looked huge. When you add the appropriate padding into a helmet like that to make it manageable, it'll increase two fold. Though I do agree that it looks large...
I didn't think about it that way. I would love to see a human head for him!

Huzzah
08-07-2015, 08:15 PM
I thought about that, but it was a struggle trying to mate the head and body. The torso of the base figure didn't comfortably fit the peg, being much narrower than the Shredder figure. If I can figure out an appropriate method and get a similar base figure I may try and come up with something. Honestly this figure was a rough assembly, tearing out the original figure's action feature mechanism was a job in itself, and with that gone I had floppy arm syndrome, which I had to facilitate...honestly, the parts you can't see were the most involved.

Mew
08-07-2015, 08:17 PM
Hmmm. The action feature sucks on that figure. I've seen it in action.

Huzzah
08-07-2015, 08:25 PM
Action features are one of the biggest plagues when doing customs. They should be done awsy with for good...

Mew
08-07-2015, 08:26 PM
Yes! Plus, it usually makes the figure look bulky or have levers and buttons on it!

Huzzah
08-07-2015, 08:29 PM
Exactly. I've got a Typhoid Mary that will eventually become a Pimiko, but I'm dreading trying to break her apart and figure out the proper logistics.

raven6859
08-08-2015, 07:12 AM
Great work on these! You've made so many awesome Bebop and Rocksteady customs! I really like that you kept the hi-tech look for Nickeodeon Bebop whilst keeping it original. It does a great job of splitting the difference between the classic look and the Nick version.

Huzzah
08-09-2015, 07:51 PM
The funny thing is, I'm not really that big a fan if Bebop and Rocksteady. I actually really like the concept behind the Nick versions. I love Rocksteady as a kind of collector of antiquities, and I like Bebop as kind of a techno thief, but I prefer them as independent of Shredder, sadly they're now just relegated to henchmen, interchangeable with the rest of his lackeys. In my canon they're their own entity, seperate from Shredder and his crew. Basically Russian kingpin and his right hand tech guy.

Plasticplayhouse
08-18-2015, 06:50 AM
B & R turned out pretty nice! i would have liked to see a more natural looking connection between Rock's head/neck, but i understand that's just the way it was removed from the playmates figure and its pretty hard to reconstruct something like that.

well done :)