PDA

View Full Version : The Game Chasers

pizzafacejace
08-16-2015, 05:17 AM
I just wanted to mention the Game Chasers. They are my favorite youtubers. The main premise of their show is American Pickers of Video Games and toys. They are hilarious and the episodes are presented very well IMO. They have over 5 seasons of episodes so if you need something to watch and dig the 80's 90's vibe then give them a try.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Captain8Bit

Peanut
08-18-2015, 10:35 AM
I watched them for a bit, maybe 15 or so episodes, and was amazed at how well produced their stuff was. I fell out of it though, because the two main guys, more specifically Jay, are pretty unlikable. As someone who's into collecting I have to admit I don't like the type of collectors they are. I'm the kind to leave a gem sitting if I already have it/don't want it, because I want someone else to enjoy it. They're the type to scoop everything they ever find, and sometimes fight friends and randos for it, because they're greedy.

Glancing at their newest episode on their page it seems like their production values have gotten even better. I think they deserve more recognition than they get for that reason alone.

Mew
08-18-2015, 11:17 AM
I like Toy Chasers.

Pat the NES Punk's Flea Market Madness series is a bit similar.

ProactiveMan
08-19-2015, 04:44 AM
I like the Game Chasers. I learned a lot form watching their stuff, even though I don't really collect games, and the retro game scene is considerable different where I live, it's still interesting.

It's cool when you find a good YouTube channel because they often put you in touch with a lot of other great content. I'm into arcade machine restoration videos these days, mostly due to a channel the Game Chasers link to.