PDA

View Full Version : 3D printing

jimbob_2003
08-17-2015, 07:00 AM
Hi,

More of a thought but has anyone tried to use 3d printing to either aid their customs or to make accessories for their collection that have been mislaid?

I have thought about trying to design the 3d file for the original turtles figures weapons as i have lots of each turtles but only a handful of their weapons?

Another thought is I have just ordered the gokin krang and thinking about designing additional 3d printed accessories to go in place of his hands. What would you set out to design and is it something that would interest you?

Thanks

Candy Kappa
08-17-2015, 11:10 AM
I have tried working on the CG models from the Game Out of the Shadows, making then printable and add articulation, but. It's been a lot of hassle, so it's been a bit iced at the moment, as the models are not just big meshes, but several small ones. I hope to make a Karai eventually.

My partner have made her own BJD doll through 3D printing, but she had the head and hands printed by a professional printing company. And she have made weapons like scimitars, long swords, katars and spiked mace for herself, friends and on her Etsy store.