PDA

View Full Version : Super Mario Maker

Peanut
09-18-2015, 05:36 PM
So, this game is incredible - anyone who owns a Wii U should buy it immediately and get to playing/creating. As such, I thought I'd make a thread specifically for sharing, playing and giving feedback on our created levels! It's also nice to actually get your levels played, considering people either seem to be awful at Mario and can't beat anything harder than the "Get a star and run through 6,000 enemies" levels and don't star anything that isn't a sh*tty "Automatic Mario" level.

Here are a few of mine and remember, once you play a course you can follow the maker and that'll allow you to see everything they've made.

I name all my "Worlds" after sweets, because I hate them and my fiance loves them. Cake consists entirely of my SMB levels, Cookie is SMB3 and Ice Cream is SMW. The first 4 Cake levels were my first and they're kinda tough, but I think they get better as they go along. I'll probably pull and touch them up at some point.

Cake 2-1
ID: AEE9-0000-0044-FA0A
http://i.imgur.com/Mtiwahy.jpg?2
This is probably my favourite "Cake" level, because I put a handful of shortcuts, secrets and alternate exits in. I do that with a lot of levels, but this one has a bunch that lead to hidden costumes.

Cake 2-2
ID: CFA2-000-0047-E37E
http://i.imgur.com/JSwP2mu.jpg?2
This level takes place in and around a tower that I mirror back and forth a couple times. It took me a awhile to get the effect right and make sure things were mirrored properly, but I think I did a decent job of it.

Cookie 1-1
ID: 43FA-0000-0027-4362
http://i.imgur.com/VocHhHq.jpg?2
My first SMB3 level. With the Cookie levels I generally keep a bit closer to the source and try to make them feel as much like a SMB3 level as possible while still making them feel new. These are probably my favourite levels. 1-1 was my attempt to make a straight SMB3 level with some secret paths.

I'm not gonna list all four Cookie levels, because I'd love if you guys tried and gave them all feedback. They're my favourites, so I'm really interested to hear some opinions.

Ice Cream 1-1
ID: 7021-0000-0040-48B2
http://i.imgur.com/pCpyDoI.jpg?2
First SMW level. I don't think I'll end up putting as much time in the SMW tileset, because it feels so incredibly limited when it comes to making a level "fit in" with the style. This level is probably the most disappointing one I made and also the one I spent the most time on! I painstakingly rebuilt each section in duplicate block for block (because I don't know how, or if, you can copy sections between sub-levels) to give a Dark World/Light World effect. I think that works OK, but the platforming and general challenge level are almost zero because of it. I got so worn out making it that I ended up just saying "f*ck it" and ending it quicker than I planned on.

So, that's all I have right now, but I'm ready to dive on some levels, gang! Hook me up!

Mew
09-18-2015, 05:59 PM
I wanna play this game so bad! It looks frikin' awesome. :-D

Cure
09-18-2015, 07:30 PM
"My level is fire"

C21D-0000-003E-5269

It's a level based around fire hazards. I could have put it in a castle setting, but that's been done a lot, so I put it in a regular ground level.

"Fly, you fools!"

D775-0000-003F-B593

An autoscroll level. I was experimenting with how to put the pressure on the player in an autoscroll level without being unfair. I think I did OK for my first try.

Roseangelo
09-18-2015, 07:41 PM
I want this, but I need a Wii U. I also want to play Yoshi's Wooly World, coming next month. Need Wii U...

Netkeeper
09-18-2015, 08:24 PM
I want it as well, but I can't spend any money right now, saving up for a move. I think I'll tack it onto the Christmas list. My mom wants to get it for me, she loves the idea.

sdp
09-18-2015, 08:29 PM
My local currency took a huge hit so a dollar is worth twice as much now so I'll sadly be skipping out on this game for the time being..I really looked forward to playing it and hope some awesome levels make it out. I don't think I would be making too many levels but I'd love to play some creative ones.

oldmanwinters
09-18-2015, 08:42 PM
Heh, hard to believe it took this long to give the game its own thread. I don't own it yet, but I'm really looking forward to it. This was the game that motivated my best friend to buy a Wii U... sadly, his system bricked while syncing this week and he'll have to endure a couple more weeks while Nintendo repairs it. He's really digging Super Mario Maker though.

Ninjinister
09-18-2015, 08:50 PM
I'mma be a bit against most people who seem to hate them (at least outside of the masses) and say that I respect the automatic levels purely on the fact that it takes much more ingenuity than I will ever have to make one work.

oldmanwinters
09-18-2015, 08:53 PM
I'mma be a bit against most people who seem to hate them (at least outside of the masses) and say that I respect the automatic levels purely on the fact that it takes much more ingenuity than I will ever have to make one work.

Oh, yeah, I think the automatic levels are truly amazing. I just love watching them. Maybe folks will start making good playable levels with automatic sections in them. That should be cool to watch too as players figure out it's in their best interest not to move.

Peanut
09-18-2015, 10:34 PM
They were impressive when it was dudes hacking sh*t together on an emulator for fun. Now, with the Mario ghost mechanic, it's just a matter of placing an item directly under the trail and letting physics do the work.

I was OK with them for the first few days, but they've ruined any and all ranking systems and playing on easy or normal in 100 Mario will make you absolutely sick to death of them. It's incredibly frustrating to sit down to play something and get either an automatic level or a "star run through 50 flying Bowsers castle" 90% of the time.

chrisdude
09-19-2015, 04:45 AM
Honestly, the game really hasn't held my attention. I play around for a few minutes a day, to make sure I unlock the next set of tools, but I can't say I've even made a complete level. It's a very well executed idea, though.

CyberCubed
09-19-2015, 12:08 PM
Honestly, the game really hasn't held my attention. I play around for a few minutes a day, to make sure I unlock the next set of tools, but I can't say I've even made a complete level. It's a very well executed idea, though.

It actually gets very addicting making new levels once you get the hang of it. There is a lot of stuff missing that they really need to add in via DLC though.

For one thing checkpoints. There were a lot of levels I loved online that I simply had to give up on because there were no checkpoints and I had to keep starting at the beginning of the level. After losing 10-15 times it gets a bit frustrating. Considering Mario World and NSMB had checkpoint gates I'm surprised they weren't added in.

Lastly more world backdrops. We need desert world and ice world for one thing. Mario 3, World and NSMB all had a desert landscape, but they would have to create one for Mario 1. Ice world and Sky world is a must too. Can you imagine making quicksand and that angry sun from Mario 3?

There are also quite a few enemies missing that I'd love to have like the Charging Chucks, Rex, the Fire/ice/boomerang brothers, no Boom Boom or Koopalings, the fire snakes from Mario 3, etc. A lot of enemies I'd love to see added.

Donatello19
09-19-2015, 02:24 PM
I just got this the other day, it's incredible so far. If I had to complain about one thing though, it would be that the level building tools/items that they start you out with are pretty limited, but that's just a minor nitpick. I can't wait to play more and see everyone's creations!

Ninjinister
09-19-2015, 07:41 PM
They were impressive when it was dudes hacking sh*t together on an emulator for fun. Now, with the Mario ghost mechanic, it's just a matter of placing an item directly under the trail and letting physics do the work.

I was OK with them for the first few days, but they've ruined any and all ranking systems and playing on easy or normal in 100 Mario will make you absolutely sick to death of them. It's incredibly frustrating to sit down to play something and get either an automatic level or a "star run through 50 flying Bowsers castle" 90% of the time.

I guess that might by two reasons I'm not disgusted with them yet. I have no frame of reference from ROM hacks (graphics hacks were the thing when I was into emulation), and I only run into like one a day.

But man, those hold-right-to-win ones just don't have any depth at all. It's worse than Green Hill Zone.

XERO
09-19-2015, 09:27 PM
I need to get a Wii U and get in on this action.

On another, I personally want a Mario Music Maker.

oldmanwinters
09-19-2015, 10:27 PM
But man, those hold-right-to-win ones just don't have any depth at all. It's worse than Green Hill Zone.

Hey, now, roll your blue self through Green Hill Zone is less than 30 seconds and we'll talk.

*Sonic Fan Boy Alert*
:lol:

Redmage1987
09-21-2015, 05:16 PM
I'M CURRENTLY ACCEPTING LEVELS TO PLAY FOR MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!! IF YOU HAVE ANY LEVELS THAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO WATCH ME PLAY, THEN PLEASE POST THEIR ADDRESSES HERE OR PM THEM TO ME!! I MIGHT NOT PLAY THROUGH EVERY STAGE THAT I RECEIVE, BUT I'M TRYING TO GATHER UP AT LEAST 100 FAN MADE LEVELS FOR MY NEXT FEW VIDEOS!!

Also, I just finished recreating Super Mario Bros. 1 for NES in New Super Mario Bros. Graphics. I couldn't 100% recreate everything, obviously, but I did the best that I could. Here's the videos, if you want to see them...

n4D4EwigkDg

ALeDONlEtu0

oldmanwinters
09-22-2015, 10:40 AM
I'M CURRENTLY ACCEPTING LEVELS TO PLAY FOR MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!! IF YOU HAVE ANY LEVELS THAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO WATCH ME PLAY, THEN PLEASE POST THEIR ADDRESSES HERE OR PM THEM TO ME!! I MIGHT NOT PLAY THROUGH EVERY STAGE THAT I RECEIVE, BUT I'M TRYING TO GATHER UP AT LEAST 100 FAN MADE LEVELS FOR MY NEXT FEW VIDEOS!!

Also, I just finished recreating Super Mario Bros. 1 for NES in New Super Mario Bros. Graphics. I couldn't 100% recreate everything, obviously, but I did the best that I could. Here's the videos, if you want to see them...

n4D4EwigkDg

ALeDONlEtu0

Those vids look like they're be fun to watch, RedMage!
Nifty work remaking the original game!

oldmanwinters
09-30-2015, 10:49 PM
Last Sunday I finally caved and cashed in some Wal-Mart gift cards to get a copy. It's been such a blast.

The only thing I haven't enjoyed is attempting to play through 100-Mario Challenge on Expert Mode. There are just so many cheap troll levels that seem to only aspire to kill the player at every opportunity. Sometimes it takes me a while to figure if I'm dying because of my mistakes or because the level is just rigged like a carnival game. I've failed to complete it twice, even though I was only two levels away on my first attempt. It's such a mess and disappointing that some of these hacks get their levels featured on the random select service.

One course I did discover through the challenges made it all worth it though:
"Use That Boot!" by CHRIS
ID: 9B2C-0000-005D-0BF7

I was the best usage of the Goomba's Shoe I had ever seen and evidences great understanding of the traditional Nintendo player progression structure.

Another course I recommend just because it made me laugh when I got to the end and finally figured out the meaning of the level's title. I think it's probably got a lot of buzz already (it's made by one of the most publicized course creators), so it doesn't really need the extra promotion though:
"Infiltrate Bowser's Throne Room" by Andre GX
ID: 7103-0000-0032-FDD2

Crynal
10-14-2015, 12:06 AM
I'm thinking about remaking the warehouse where you save April from Rocksteady from the first TMNT on the NES. Obviously it will be a lot longer and probably tougher. Need to decide which costume to use as "April".

Etsyturtle2
10-14-2015, 05:01 AM
I can't believe that nsmb does not have the leaf. It was in the 3ds version, new super Mario bros. 2, or instead of even trying to work that into the game, they could use the ACORN power up. It's way more like the leaf than the propeller. Anyway, they couldn't even make a leaf but they added ghost house and Thomps to the original Mario? That is stupid in my opinion.

oldmanwinters
10-14-2015, 07:22 PM
I can't believe that nsmb does not have the leaf. It was in the 3ds version, new super Mario bros. 2, or instead of even trying to work that into the game, they could use the ACORN power up. It's way more like the leaf than the propeller. Anyway, they couldn't even make a leaf but they added ghost house and Thomps to the original Mario? That is stupid in my opinion.

Remember, the Super Mario Maker theme is inspired specifically by New Super Mario Bros. U, not the other titles in the New Super Mario Bros. series. Granted, however, I would have loved to have had the acorn, since its the powerup that probably comes closest to combing elements of the SMB3 Super Leaf and SMW cape feather.

I'm thinking about remaking the warehouse where you save April from Rocksteady from the first TMNT on the NES. Obviously it will be a lot longer and probably tougher. Need to decide which costume to use as "April".

The Splatoon Girl has red hair, so that might be a good option.

oldmanwinters
10-17-2015, 10:54 AM
I've uploaded four courses so far. My newest one "Mystery of the Magic Flagpole" is a bit of an experiment piece. I tried to make creative use of a glitch that makes the flagpole temporarily disappear. I'd appreciate the feedback, as I tried hard not to make it feel like a troll level!

58AF-0000-00AF-5D63

Etsyturtle2
10-18-2015, 05:13 PM
[QUOTE=oldmanwinters;1510159]Remember, the Super Mario Maker theme is inspired specifically by New Super Mario Bros. U, not the other titles in the New Super Mario Bros. series. Granted, however, I would have loved to have had the acorn, since its the powerup that probably comes closest to combing elements of the SMB3 Super Leaf and SMW cape feather.

It just makes me mad that if we can get boos and Thomps and all this stuff that was not in the original smb, how can we not get the leaf for nsmbu . It just annoys me.

Crynal
10-23-2015, 02:31 AM
I attempted to remake the warehouse area from the old NES TMNT game where you fight Rocksteady to rescue April. I used Swapnote's Nikki for April and Bowser for the TMNT. Still need to unlock the old mario brothers turtle.

TMNT NES Warehouse Save 'April' 321F-0000-00BB-7F56

oldmanwinters
10-25-2015, 08:34 PM
Fun Jurassic Park I stumbled upon in Easy Mode:
F5A5-0000-007E-1872

BTW, I really like Peanut's levels. The multiple paths that require the leaf powerup is very true to the spirit of Super Mario Bros. 3.

I attempted to remake the warehouse area from the old NES TMNT game where you fight Rocksteady to rescue April. I used Swapnote's Nikki for April and Bowser for the TMNT. Still need to unlock the old mario brothers turtle.

TMNT NES Warehouse Save 'April' 321F-0000-00BB-7F56

I enjoyed it, Crynal! Those convey belts are tougher in Mario though compared to Turtles.

Crynal
10-27-2015, 01:22 AM
Thanks! I intended it to be longer and harder then from the NES game.

TigerClaw
10-27-2015, 03:00 PM
Super Mario Maker is finally getting checkpoints in an update.
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/10/super_mario_maker_gets_mid-level_checkpoints_and_more_in_upcoming_update

esX_FPaZdDQ

oldmanwinters
10-27-2015, 03:49 PM
Glad to see the first update Mario Maker will soon arrive. All five features (with perhaps the exception of Gnat Attack Expert Mode) look like they will enhance an already great presentation.

Do you think the context-sensitive power-ups will apply to all power-ups or simply the fire flower as the video demonstrated? I think it would be quite odd to add this feature but limit it to one power-up.

Etsyturtle2
10-27-2015, 05:34 PM
Hallelujah checkpoints, duuuuuuuuuuudddeee!

Crynal
11-04-2015, 11:03 PM
With checkpoints now active I re edited my TMNT level.

TMNT NES Warehouse Save ĎAprilí 3F95-0000-00D6-963E

GK Punk
11-04-2015, 11:05 PM
I've made a handful lof levels on my friend's WiiU. I'll try and remember to get the ID codes for them in case anyone wants to check them out. I kind of want to re-edit them with Arino Kacho costumes...

Tetsu Deinonychus
11-14-2015, 03:36 PM
When I get a Wii U, this is definitely at the top of my list.

So, if they don't have the raccoon leaf, what power-ups do they have?

Ninjinister
11-14-2015, 03:57 PM
When I get a Wii U, this is definitely at the top of my list.

So, if they don't have the raccoon leaf, what power-ups do they have?

Raccoon Leaf is in for SMB3.

oldmanwinters
12-22-2015, 10:40 PM
Just in time for Christmas, here's my take on Home Alone.
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkuQaBZzA

It's not too long, I don't think, but it's got a lot of death traps, and poor Mario isn't as durable as Harry and Marv.

billbot85
12-29-2015, 08:02 PM
Just got this game for Christmas. Really loving it so far! Uploaded a few levels already, too.

Etsyturtle2
01-11-2016, 06:07 PM
https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/05A5-0000-0189-F1D3 my new puzzle level. it kinda sucks.

Ninjinister
01-14-2016, 02:56 AM
ABOUT GD TIME

Vu-TZXri_6I

oldmanwinters
01-14-2016, 12:03 PM
I've always liked Princess Toadstool, mostly because of her abilities in SMB2 and her personality in the DiC cartoons. Plus, Super Princess Peach on DS was a delightfully creative game. And because of the soberness of the original Super Mario Galaxy storyline, I think Rosalina is pretty great too.

That said, I don't understand why fans feel such loyalty for Daisy and get annoyed when Nintendo treats her like the red-headed stepchild of the franchise. Like Waluigi, her resurgence in the franchise came about because Peach needed a doubles partner in the N64 Tennis game. People ought to be glad Nintendo uses her on occasion, but it's not like she needs to appear every time the other Mario franchise staples do. I'd actually rather see Pauline show up more, considering she was Mario's original leading lady.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm all for every free update to Mario Maker. :-)

Etsyturtle2
01-14-2016, 01:44 PM
What was the vid. I can't see it.

Ninjinister
01-14-2016, 02:08 PM
That said, I don't understand why fans feel such loyalty for Daisy and get annoyed when Nintendo treats her like the red-headed stepchild of the franchise. Like Waluigi, her resurgence in the franchise came about because Peach needed a doubles partner in the N64 Tennis game. People ought to be glad Nintendo uses her on occasion, but it's not like she needs to appear every time the other Mario franchise staples do. I'd actually rather see Pauline show up more, considering she was Mario's original leading lady.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm all for every free update to Mario Maker. :-)

I feel like the main reason was because she'd been treated like one of the "main gang" that showed up in multi-character every spin-off ever and then as soon as Rosalina was introduced, they slowly started adding Rosalina to things outside of the multi-character games in which Daisy has never been a part of outside of SML1. Plus I love the heck out of Super Mario Land and any time that game gets recognition from Nintendo, it's favorable to me. Additionally, I am a Luigi fan and I don't feel like it's fair that his lady friend gets shafted even harder than he does (phrasing)

I do agree that Pauline should get more "air time" in spin-offs but at the very least she's a central character in the Mario vs. Donkey Kong games.

So yeah... the main reason why I root for Daisy to be in more is because she hasn't. She's in all the Karts/Sports titles but nowhere to be found in anything else like the main series or even things like Smash outside of a Trophy. For the record though my #1 favorite underdog Mario character is Wart.

oldmanwinters
01-14-2016, 10:00 PM
I can understand those sentiments, Ninji. Daisy has pretty much been limited to the sports games. And as a big SMB2 fan, I hope for the day when the mysterious Wart can make his resurgence.

Having finally picked up the Mario 30th Anniversary Amiibo (Walmart.com had them on sale), I tried to craft the most enjoyable Mega Mushroom level I could imagine. Hope y'all enjoy it:
542A-0000-018F-CDDD
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHk0KaHSzQ

Crynal
01-25-2016, 11:54 PM
Re-tweaked my TMNT warehouse level to use Daisy as April O'Neil and did some minor changes all around.

https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/31A2-0000-018F-9A98

I hope they add a Pauline costume, she's one of my favorite Nintendo ladies.

oldmanwinters
01-29-2016, 08:39 AM
Better think twice before you submit a bug report to Nintendo!
http://kotaku.com/the-surprising-story-behind-mario-makers-emergency-main-1755715968

Etsyturtle2
01-29-2016, 03:30 PM
yeah, i saw that on the mario maker subteddit. sucks. I have a few new levels if any one wants to test 'em

oldmanwinters
01-31-2016, 06:40 PM
yeah, i saw that on the mario maker subteddit. sucks. I have a few new levels if any one wants to test 'em

Got a link?

Etsyturtle2
01-31-2016, 06:51 PM
https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/F6AC-0000-01AE-229C slopes

https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/C3B1-0000-0161-13C3. ice theme.

https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/337F-0000-01A8-B865. Jungle theme.

https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/C49A-0000-014F-472B. Super expert label

Etsyturtle2
02-01-2016, 05:45 PM
you Adam? Anyway, thanks for playing. I try to make my courses aesthetically pleasing.

oldmanwinters
02-01-2016, 05:56 PM
you Adam? Anyway, thanks for playing. I try to make my courses aesthetically pleasing.

Yup! I enjoyed them!

Etsyturtle2
02-01-2016, 06:30 PM
Yup! I enjoyed them!

Awesome! Thanks for the stars!

oldmanwinters
02-06-2016, 05:25 PM
I'd appreciate some feedback on my newest course that I hope to make into a progressive series, "Flight University."
D2AB-0000-01C9-030D
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHk6D9f9TA

It's inspired by the fact that I never felt like the original Super Mario World (great though it was) allowed the player ample opportunity to master the intricacies of the cape feather. I'm aspiring to provide myself and others a forgiving but challenging environment to get better acquainted with its wide possibilities.

Etsyturtle2
02-06-2016, 06:47 PM
i'll try it out.

oldmanwinters
02-06-2016, 08:32 PM
i'll try it out.

Thanks for all the artful comments too!

Etsyturtle2
02-06-2016, 08:35 PM
Welcome. It was a joke at first, but I got pretty into it.

Etsyturtle2
02-12-2016, 01:13 PM
https://imgur.com/download/lXHkqXf/

oldmanwinters
02-14-2016, 11:49 AM
https://imgur.com/download/lXHkqXf/

Sadly, it's not the same if you can't butt slide down them. :tlol:

I added a new course on my "Flight School" theme, focusing on diving. Also, I made some tweaks to my original course to hopefully make it a little easier.

4A99-0000-01C9-0A5B
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHk6EGDAbA

Etsyturtle2
02-14-2016, 11:57 AM
Haha yeah. I'll try that out later. I suck at the cape though.

oldmanwinters
02-14-2016, 11:58 AM
Haha yeah. I'll try that out later. I suck at the cape though.

You beat my previous level, which is better than most people who've played it seemed to do! I don't think the original Super Mario World gave players enough opportunity to learn the subtleties of cape flying. Super Mario Bros. 3 is a better tutorial on how to use the Raccoon Leaf.

Etsyturtle2
02-14-2016, 12:12 PM
Yeah. I think I did that one after quite a few tries though. anyway, I like your levels, they have a nice level of difficulty while not being unfair. Icy hot challenge was really great example of this. I can not beat one of them though... I forgot which one.

Powder
02-14-2016, 03:42 PM
Man, with all the TMNT figures coming out this year, seems like I'm never gonna be able to grab this game. :tlol: Damn.

oldmanwinters
02-14-2016, 06:43 PM
Man, with all the TMNT figures coming out this year, seems like I'm never gonna be able to grab this game. :tlol: Damn.

You must! :tlol:

But the struggle is real...

Crynal
02-15-2016, 02:24 AM

That megablocks Technodrome and turtle van, I must have.

Maybe I'll try to make a technodrome level.

mikey22
02-17-2016, 07:33 PM
yes make a technodrome level with super nintendo style!

make foot soldiers and lots of doors

the rock soldiers could be the charging chucks w/ the baseballs haha

Crynal
02-17-2016, 11:54 PM
https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/6B28-0000-01CF-D758

Well I made a simplistic Technodrome level from the Nes TMNT II Arcade game. Sadly the game has no charging chucks, quite a few enemies from SMB3, SMW, and NSMB aren't in Super Mario Maker.

Etsyturtle2
02-18-2016, 04:38 AM
https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/6B28-0000-01CF-D758

Well I made a simplistic Technodrome level from the Nes TMNT II Arcade game. Sadly the game has no charging chucks, quite a few enemies from SMB3, SMW, and NSMB aren't in Super Mario Maker.

I'll try it out. I saw you on reddit, I think. The persons name was pretty similar to yours and said they were on the technodrome.

Crynal
02-19-2016, 02:43 AM
Yeah it's me.

Etsyturtle2
03-03-2016, 03:37 PM
March 9th update will add skewers which you get through shaking thwomps and doors only unlockable with keys. You can shake a coin to get a pink one which will unlock a key.

oldmanwinters
03-03-2016, 08:26 PM
Of the upcoming update, I'm most excited and surprised by the option to collect coins to open a door. That's gonna make for some clever, fun, and frustrating levels. I think that could even hold more potential for level design that mandatory boss battles. Can you imagine those trolls who are gonna add a hidden door key into a Bowser stack? Ugh.

Crynal
03-12-2016, 12:15 AM
Isn't much but I added keys and locked doors to my TMNT level.

https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/5B2B-0000-01EE-EC84

Also my Roger Rabbit theme level as well, if you can collect all 10 pink coins to rescue 'Jessica' (Rosalina mystery mushroom) but completely optional.

https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/C8F5-0000-01EF-3BAA

oldmanwinters
03-13-2016, 02:44 PM
New level plugs! I like to dedicate levels to exploring the subtleties of power-ups. My recent levels focus on the Cape Feather, the Racoon Leaf, Mega Mushroom, and the Skinny Mushroom:

Flight University: Leaf Extension
https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/4110-0000-01E2-C487
4110-0000-01E2-C487

Big or Tall? Pick a Shroom!
https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/C97F-0000-01EF-0E1B
C97F-0000-01EF-0E1B

The Deadman
09-01-2016, 12:54 PM
Super Mario Maker Coming To 3DS This December (http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2016/09/01/super-mario-maker-3ds-nintendo-direct.aspx)

Icebot
09-02-2016, 01:05 PM
I just got the Wii U version of Super Mario Maker not too long ago! I've been playing a lot of stages, including some I found in this thread but I haven't figured out how to make a stage yet.

I'm thinking about getting the 3DS version when it comes out!

TigerClaw
09-05-2016, 02:21 PM
Trailer for Super Mario Maker on the 3DS.

Nict6JnJfZs

This version lacks some key features that were important to the Wii U version.