PDA

View Full Version : Newtralizer, Mad Frog, Dr X...the Mutanimals?

Huzzah
09-27-2015, 08:44 PM
So, if you've seen any of my figures, or photos, you know that I have my only little canon going on, unrelated to any existing canon. As such I needed my own team of Mutanimals. God knows that Playmates will never complete that lineup (where is my ****ing Pigeon Pete), so why not create my own version.

Taking inspiration from 90's comics (a great decade in comics, I don't care what the internet says), and such talentless hacks as Rob Liefield, I present Newtralizer's Mutanimals...at least two of the completed members so far.

To begin, here's Newtralizer. Obviously inspired by Punisher and voice by consummate badass Danny Trejo, with a gun only Cable could love. I added knee and elbow articulation, armor-y bits from a MU Hulk (since Newtralizer here so graciously donated his belt to Future Donnie and has yet to go shopping for a new one). He's the Kraang-hating, fowl mouthed, gun toting leader of my Mutanimals. The repainted and rusted Utrom in the background is Dr X, an Utrom dedicated to destroying his cousin species the Kraang. I do notice several things that need to be touched up on the figure when I see the photo, but that'll happen later.

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l118/Jarred706/DSCF1404.jpg

Next up we have Mad Frog (as opposed to Mad Dog), loosely inspired by the Punk Frogs, gaining Rasputin's penchant for a bow (circa original cartoon). Made from the God-awful Nick version of Napoleon, a character I hate in the new cartoon by the way, with Movie Turtle arms, Prince Adam's vest, a stringless bow (because 90's...also Youngblood's Shaft used this, and it made no sense then either), crap removed from head, buck teeth shaved away, and fresh paint job. We have a ranged fighter in the group now.

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l118/Jarred706/DSCF1407.jpg

Currently Sgt Bananas is sitting on a WiP table, so he should be the next member added. After that, I'll see what I can piece together. I'm thinking Alopex maybe, or on of my future Turtles, since time displaced future characters were the norm in the 90's. Regardless, I'll post those here as they are completed. I'm also plotting a lair for the group and a vehicle or two, as finances and time allow.

raven6859
10-01-2015, 03:17 PM
Looks great, really like Mad Frog in particular - looking forward to future developments, especially vehicles!

Huzzah
10-08-2015, 08:18 PM
Here comes Bananas.

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l118/Jarred706/DSCF1473.jpg

connor_obain
10-09-2015, 03:18 AM
Very, very cool!

MsMarvelDuckie
10-09-2015, 04:03 PM
I like him! But what parts did you use for him?

Huzzah
10-09-2015, 05:45 PM
I used a Monkey Brains head, otherwise it's completely a Classic Beast figure from a Toy Biz 5 pack from several years ago.

Ceres
10-14-2015, 07:33 AM
Excuse me if this may sounds ignorant but was Dr.X not a female Utrom? Just asking as i recently read the issue X appeared and there i can remember it was described as female.

raven6859
10-18-2015, 12:36 PM
Nice work on Sgt Bananas! Took me a while to recognise the head, it looks much better with that paint job

***First of Two Latin Kings***
10-20-2015, 01:48 PM
Excuse me if this may sounds ignorant but was Dr.X not a female Utrom? Just asking as i recently read the issue X appeared and there i can remember it was described as female.

Dr. X was a female utrom from the Image series.

Huzzah
10-21-2015, 07:52 AM
I wasn't making an accurate figure, I just went with that name because it was 90's appropriate.